PDA

View Full Version : BCS Pre-Season Show - Experts???

Katy's Most Wanted
8/13/2006, 11:34 AM
According to these 3 idiots Bomar and Quin were so important to our chances that we are now officially eliminated from BCS contention. Bomar cost us a National Championship according to the Black Guy (i can never remember his name).
Another guy said he had us at number 1 but Bomar was too valuable and we couldn't win without him.
The Black Guy also said that with Bomar, Adrian had a chance to get 1800 yards this year. Not now.
I will admit that one of them had the sense to say that one could never count out Bobby Stoops.
I certainly hope our underachieving team wasn't watching this show or they might find out how dependent they were on Bomar to lead them to victory. Oh well, looks like another 8-4 year. I guess I should be happy with that.
Then on the other hand-
I think the BCS pukes are a bunch of idiots. Beware the much maligned, ne-er do wells from Norman.

Newbomb Turk
8/13/2006, 12:23 PM
The Black Guy = Mark May
The one with sense = Todd Blackledge
I think Reece Davis was the other guy.

They also had the whorns #1.

IronSooner
8/13/2006, 12:35 PM
Preseason talk is a joke. Have the polls start after 4 or 5 weeks and have these guys cleaning bathrooms or something until then.

Crimson Kid
8/13/2006, 12:37 PM
Well to be honest, i was a big bomar supporter and i didn't see him leading us to no title.

snp
8/13/2006, 01:01 PM
Oh no, someone made some disparaging remarks towards us.

josh09
8/13/2006, 01:13 PM
The Black Guy = Mark May

ya that one guy said that you shouldnt count us out, so he does have some sense. and they said we were at #1 before that happened, and we go down to #15? wow not cool

Desert Sapper
8/13/2006, 01:20 PM
ya that one guy said that you shouldnt count us out, so he does have some sense. and they said we were at #1 before that happened, and we go down to #15? wow not cool

I say they drop us to #15. I'd be very happy with that. We started 2000 ranked #19...and NOBODY had us picked to be in the Orange Bowl at the end of the year.

soonersam
8/13/2006, 01:36 PM
we started at 20 in 2000... were 5 spots ahead

The Consumate Showman
8/13/2006, 05:18 PM
Allow me to give an alternate heading to this thread:

"BCS Pre-Season Show - Jackasses!!!!!!!!!!

badger
8/13/2006, 05:24 PM
Oh no, someone made some disparaging remarks towards us.
BAN THEM!!! PERMA-BAN THEM!!!

SoonerBBall
8/13/2006, 06:03 PM
Preseason talk is a joke. Have the polls start after 4 or 5 weeks and have these guys cleaning bathrooms or something until then.

What makes you think college football would heed an idea as intelligent, level-headed, and possibly game changing as that?

Snrfn4ever08
8/13/2006, 06:10 PM
What makes you think college football would heed an idea as intelligent, level-headed, and possibly game changing as that?
that would almost change college football in a positive way, kinda like a playoff. now really, why would there be any need for that???:rolleyes:

stoopified
8/13/2006, 06:18 PM
Best to let team play do the talking.

umberto
8/13/2006, 06:29 PM
I think these guys are a little under qualified to clean the john. I think maybe they should be picking up trash. That way they could see where their articles and magazines usually end up. :D

tulsaoilerfan
8/13/2006, 07:36 PM
The Black Guy = Mark May

Which for the life of me i can't figure out; they lost the biggest difference maker in college football, and i don't see anyone being able to replace what he meant to them last season.

devOUt
8/13/2006, 08:21 PM
Mark May doesn't believe that Paul Thompson can spike the ball as well as Bomar. He also thinks Colt McCoy can take over a game like Vince Young.:rolleyes:

AllVol
8/13/2006, 09:13 PM
There is no one single person on earth whose opinion I discount more than Mark May... He and Trev Alberts made the absolute dumbest pairing of analyst ever put together, that is, until Trev was booted and Lou Holtz came along... I mute their show when its on and just watch the highlights now...

SouthFortySooner
8/13/2006, 09:26 PM
Didn't most of us get the "seasons over before its started", kick in the gut when we heard the news. This is just these guys chance to say it. :(

douxpaysan
8/13/2006, 09:35 PM
Mark May doesn't believe that Paul Thompson can spike the ball as well as Bomar. He also thinks Colt McCoy can take over a game like Vince Young.:rolleyes:
http://home.indy.rr.com/mcurley/mattemotes/sarcasm.jpg:pop:

umberto
8/14/2006, 09:01 AM
There is no one single person on earth whose opinion I discount more than Mark May... He and Trev Alberts made the absolute dumbest pairing of analyst ever put together, that is, until Trev was booted and Lou Holtz came along... I mute their show when its on and just watch the highlights now...

While we are on the subject, how does Lou Holtz have a job? He sounds like he has a mouthful of peanuts or something when he talks, not to mention that he looks like a troll.

Okla-homey
8/14/2006, 09:56 AM
Whatever. Personally, I never thought Bomar was ever a Sooner quality QB and he never at any time impressed me. And those aren't "sour grapes." If OUr chances were so dependent on him, we were hosed anyway.

OTOH, I honestly believe we can have a good year...as long as AD stays healthy.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/14/2006, 10:06 AM
The Black Guy = Mark May

The Black Guy = Mark May = Setting back the black race 5 decades.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/14/2006, 10:07 AM
Whatever. Personally, I never thought Bomar was ever a Sooner quality QB and he never at any time impressed me. And those aren't "sour grapes." If OUr chances were so dependent on him, we were hosed anyway.

Didn't watch the Holiday Bowl?

picasso
8/14/2006, 10:25 AM

did you miss the throws he made against oSu or Oregon? he was making strides.
I'm pulling hard for PT but I've lost the confidence I would have had on 3rd and 8.

snp
8/14/2006, 10:34 AM
While we are on the subject, how does Lou Holtz have a job? He sounds like he has a mouthful of peanuts or something when he talks, not to mention that he looks like a troll.

Because he reguarly makes Mark May look like a jackass and puts him in his place several times an episode.

Cheater or not, you gotta like a guy who makes May look like an even bigger idiot. I also like him because he was a coach at ND :O

AllVol
8/14/2006, 10:38 AM

Down here, people mock him by calling him Granny Clampett...

Anyway, Holtz has the job b/c a coach is supposed to bring credibility to your show... Problem is, most "coaches" have jobs or are looking for jobs... Noone wants Holtz, he was a cheater, got all his programs in trouble, he won at the easiest place in the world to win, then came to the SEC where he would have to work b/c he inherited a sub-par program, and did nothing... He managed to leave that program in worse shape than he found it, and at SC, thats hard to do... He is on ESPN b/c noone is dumb enough to hire him and their schedule fits his speaking engagements...

Okla-homey
8/14/2006, 10:39 AM
Didn't watch the Holiday Bowl?

even a blind hog occasionally roots up an acorn or two.

Blues1
8/14/2006, 10:50 AM
I believe "THE CARDS" are falling into place for This 2006 Team to make a lot experts eat sh!t -- I was 65/35 on Bomar on the positive side - But I think it's easy to see now his behavior was - "It's All About Me" - which IMHO would have cost us at least two maybe 3 games this season - IF I had my choice - I rather be 9 and 3 with a quailty all team player than 9 and 3 with a one man show off.....Once again JMHO...!

Still R'

umberto
8/14/2006, 10:52 AM
Down here, people mock him by calling him Granny Clampett...

Anyway, Holtz has the job b/c a coach is supposed to bring credibility to your show... Problem is, most "coaches" have jobs or are looking for jobs... Noone wants Holtz, he was a cheater, got all his programs in trouble, he won at the easiest place in the world to win, then came to the SEC where he would have to work b/c he inherited a sub-par program, and did nothing... He managed to leave that program in worse shape than he found it, and at SC, thats hard to do... He is on ESPN b/c noone is dumb enough to hire him and their schedule fits his speaking engagements...

He does kind of remind me of Granny, minus the shotgun. I just think there are much more media-friendly guys out there. Plus I grew up in Oklahoma near the Arkansas state line (therapy needed), and had to put up with him while he he coached the hogs. I was glad when he headed off to ND.:D

Luthor
8/14/2006, 11:03 AM

And halfway through the RB last year May still didn't believe we deserved to be there. The guy is a darker version of Trev Albert. I wouldn't have said something that idiotic about Colt McCoy in private, much less on TV and I'm the original Texas homer.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
8/14/2006, 11:20 AM
Golf analogy.

Before Bomar & Quinn got dismissed we were sitting in the fairway 130 yards from the green.

Now we are in the light rough 150 yards from the green.

We can still get in on the green it is going to be a little tougher.

I didn't have a problem with the ESPN guys moving OU down after losing a starting QB and a lineman. If they ignored those facts they would look pretty dumb. They basically think we will lose @ Oregon, will lose to Hook 'em and might drop one somewhere else. That prediction isn't way out of line. Of course May has and always will be a tool regardless of where he picks us. I'd like to get paid what he gets paid to be wrong about 75% of the time. I tolerated Alberts because at least he was generally pro-Big 12 and disagreed with May. Herbstreit knows his stuff but he is a little too PC. Of course he picked aTm to win the Big 12 last year and that didn't go so well.

I think winning @ Oregon is going to be tough regardless but we can. I'd sure rather have ENA behind center than Colt McCoy and I believe we do beat Hook 'em and every other game on the schedule we should be a solid favorite so we can still get it done. If we beat Oregon the bandwagon will have to have new shock absorbers installed to take on the extra weight of all the "experts".

jackietreehorn
8/14/2006, 01:29 PM
I never thought Bomar was ever a Sooner quality QB and he never at any time impressed me. And those aren't "sour grapes."

i'm calling BS. your grapes have fermented sir. yeah he's dead to me now, but never impressed? come on.
and

"black guy" is not the preferred nomenclature

TheGodfather889
8/14/2006, 02:41 PM
Just remember one thing about Mark May. He's wrong most of the time! Remember in 2004 he was all over us and he nearly guaranteed we would win the National Title. Then after the game of which we do not speak he jumped all over USC's nuts and never let go until 1 year later. He went on and on about USC all last year. Then they lost. I wouldn't put much faith in Mark May.

AllVol
8/14/2006, 02:58 PM
I started to wonder at points if Pete Carroll was in possession of some pictures of Mark May doing not-so-shiny things with Chris Fowler or something...

NormanOU
8/14/2006, 03:25 PM
Those ESPN jokers are nothing more than "some guy in the next cupical" when it comes to sports and they just happen to have a Texas calender on their "wall". Fauk em

AllVol
8/14/2006, 03:45 PM
Those ESPN jokers are nothing more than "some guy in the next cupical" when it comes to sports and they just happen to have a Texas calender on their "wall". Fauk em

They had a USC calendar before that, and have since taken BOTH down in favor of the 2006 edition of the ND calendars...

tulsaoilerfan
8/14/2006, 07:36 PM
ESPN has been ****ed at us ever since we screwed up after they annointed us one of the best of all time in 03

SoFla Sooner
8/14/2006, 09:53 PM
.....death, taxes, and counting on Mark May being wrong on college football analysis 99.9% of the time. I was just starting to get kind of a good feeling about the '06 Sooners....now I'm startin' to feel real good!:)

BASSooner
8/14/2006, 09:55 PM

my thoughts exactly

BASSooner
8/14/2006, 09:56 PM
who cares about what ESPN has to say? They don't know sh*t.

Desert Sapper
8/14/2006, 10:03 PM
ESPN has been ****ed at us ever since we screwed up after they annointed us one of the best of all time in 03

I agree. That hasn't worked out so well for ESPN. Perhaps they should take a lesson about annointing teams 'greatest of all time'.

Snrfn4ever08
8/14/2006, 10:46 PM
I agree. That hasn't worked out so well for ESPN. Perhaps they should take a lesson about annointing teams 'greatest of all time'.
they've been stung for that twice in the last three years. you'd think they would learn

goingoneight
8/14/2006, 11:04 PM
People were and still are down on RB because they never really saw a "green" (pardon the reference) QB take the field since Stoops arrived. We had a miraculous little guy named Heupel, a Rose Bowl and BIG 12 Champ named Hybl, and a Heisman winner and BIG 12 champ named White. I thought RB had a fantastic first year, all problems on the field considered (no OL, green WRs, banged up AD, etc.).

I admit to thinking highly of his future... three weeks ago. Now, I still can't believe how a guy messes something like that kind of spotlight up. By the time he would have been 23, he could have played for MNCs, Heismans, or the NFL! Rather, he had the self-imposed "I'm God complex." I wish he would get a grip on life, but I'm glad that filth has left OUr program. I do believe the Switzer stuff was legit, but regardless, OU's rep is too tarnished for kids who want to make the program their own.

My OU BCS prediction... hmmm... outside top 10, depending on who is and is not suspended/released at all schools by September. For now... 12.

Blue
8/15/2006, 12:15 AM
they've been stung for that twice in the last three years. you'd think they would learn

That's exactly what Desert Sapper said on the post you quoted him on. How about an original thought?