PDA

View Full Version : So I was in a very smelly bathroom on the side of a mountain near Lake Tahoe

8/13/2006, 04:41 AM
I found some great, mint-condition sunglasses while on vacation at Tahoe. I looked them up online. They cost around $160.

I think whoever left them there bought them just before their trip because there isn't a scratch on them.

They were left on the window ledge in the john near the base of a hiking trail. I could barely see them through the bathroom funk, but I did pick them up. I took them outside, asking everyone in the immediate parking lot (maybe 4 families or so) if they had misplaced their glasses.

So these are the 2nd most valuable pair of shades I have ever had in my posession.

Should I have left them there, or was asking around the parking lot good enough? I walked about 30 minutes back to the car with the family before saying I was going to take them back.

I didn't.

I'm thinking I should have left them there, but I'm certain someone else would have taken them.

You know, like I did.

Yesterday, I bought a case and some special cleaning wipes for them.

I named them.

Forgive me.

Chuck Bao
8/13/2006, 04:53 AM
If you wanted to be all proper and polite about it, you could have left a little note:

Thanks for the sunglasses!

8/13/2006, 04:56 AM
I wish I had thought of that.

Okla-homey
8/13/2006, 07:03 AM
don't sweat it though...you'll either outright lose them, sit on them or drop them in a lake. karma's a beyotch ;)

or they could be cursed sunglasses. Maybe the guy who left them didn't return when he realized he left them there b/c he was eaten by a bear, drowned, had some horrible disease or maybe even blew his head off in the nearby woods b/c he was so distraught at the news his wife was carrying on with a messican chiropractor or something.

Howzit
8/13/2006, 07:32 AM
Well? You named them what? Shouldn't you have consulted with us first?

crawfish
8/13/2006, 08:58 AM
That is exactly why I never pay more than 15 bucks for sunglasses.

sanantoniosooner
8/13/2006, 09:02 AM
If they loved their previous owner, they'll find their way home.

8/13/2006, 09:26 AM
That is exactly why I never pay more than 15 bucks for sunglasses.

Yeah, I once paid about $200 for a pair that were like a party in my eyes. They lasted exactly as long as any pair of Wal-Mart glasses I bought before.

Or since.

But these new specs... they rock like an old rocking thing. I don't have tons of disposable scratch lying around, but I think I may have bought my last Wal-Mart shades.

SoonerInFla
8/13/2006, 09:43 AM
Those are mine. I left em there on the ledge in the smelly bathroom on the window ledge in the john near the base of a hiking trail. Could you Fed-Ex them back to me pronto? I will reimburse you the shipping.

TIA

OKC-SLC
8/13/2006, 09:48 AM
These sunglasses are yours, outright. You spent the requisite 5 minutes searching. Hopefully the name doesn't suck.

8/13/2006, 10:01 AM
I named them "Walter."

hurricane'bone
8/13/2006, 11:36 AM
Dude, I wouldn't want Walter on my face.

Soonerbabeinbama
8/13/2006, 11:44 AM
I thought this was going to be a poo thread.

GottaHavePride
8/13/2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I once paid about $200 for a pair that were like a party in my eyes. They lasted exactly as long as any pair of Wal-Mart glasses I bought before.

Or since.

But these new specs... they rock like an old rocking thing. I don't have tons of disposable scratch lying around, but I think I may have bought my last Wal-Mart shades.

So what kind are they?

8/13/2006, 11:53 AM
Oakley.

mdklatt
8/13/2006, 12:25 PM
I hoped this was going to be a poo thread.

Fixed.

olevetonahill
8/13/2006, 12:47 PM
If you were on the side of a mountain, Why were you "in a very smelly bathroom " ? :confused:

Soonerbabeinbama
8/13/2006, 12:50 PM
Fixed.
oh yeah right - mention a smelly bathroom and look who shows up!!!!:D

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/13/2006, 03:37 PM
Those were mine. I sure hope you washed them before you put them on your face.

And I mean in boiling water.

If not, you should probably go see a doctor.