PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo! The Alma Mater Won!

Frozen Sooner
8/13/2006, 01:30 AM
The Mighty Robert Service High School Cougars put a woodshed beating on the Lathrop Malemutes to open the new season-ending a 15 game losing streak!

That's right-15 games. That's almost two full seasons of non-winning football.

I know, nobody else cares. But hey, the head coach is a high school friend of mine and he's been taking the losing streak kinda hard.

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2006, 02:05 AM
The Mighty Robert Service High School Cougars put a woodshed beating on the Lathrop Malemutes to open the new season-ending a 15 game losing streak!

That's right-15 games. That's almost two full seasons of non-winning football.

I know, nobody else cares. But hey, the head coach is a high school friend of mine and he's been taking the losing streak kinda hard.

Pfft, a 15 game losing streak. We'd love to have had that kind of success at times.

Frozen Sooner
8/13/2006, 02:24 AM
Actually, I think Baylor was the last team they beat before tonight. :p

Flagstaffsooner
8/13/2006, 02:27 AM
Pfft, a 15 game losing streak. We'd love to have had that kind of success at times.:D :D :D

Chuck Bao
8/13/2006, 06:19 AM
Congrats to The Mighty Robert Service High School Cougars and their coach.

High School football season has begun?

Oh, this is a high school in Alaska. I can imagine why they need to start early and end the season before November.

royalfan5
8/13/2006, 09:35 AM
Pfft. My Alma mater had a 39 game losing streak.

Frozen Sooner
8/13/2006, 12:26 PM
Congrats to The Mighty Robert Service High School Cougars and their coach.

High School football season has begun?

Oh, this is a high school in Alaska. I can imagine why they need to start early and end the season before November.

Yep. The regular season is eight games and the state playoffs only have 3 rounds. The state championship are is played in snow.

There's a reason you don't hear the phrase "The plucky QB out of Fairbanks, AK.." during NCAA games very often.