PDA

View Full Version : why do people want to screw up a good beer?

achiro
8/13/2006, 01:21 AM
Went to Eischens(sp?) last night with a group of friends. One guy that was there decided that everyone needed to try his new favorite thing...jalepeno juice poured into your beer. Now I wasn't gonna try it but a couple of others said it wasn't bad. I decided that I'd give it a try, never again though. Why would anyone want to screw up a perfectly good beer by doing this to it?:(

Of course the chicken was good and I needed another piece to drown the taste of the damn pepper juice!:D

Boomer.....
8/13/2006, 01:33 AM
I prefer lime juice in messican beer.:P

GottaHavePride
8/13/2006, 01:38 AM
Jalapeno juice? nasty. Salting beer, now, that's not bad. Just a little salt seems to mellow the taste of some beers. We were hanging out with some trombonists from Costa Rica and they all did that - and since I had heard of people doing that in Europe too I thought I'd try it. Surprisingly, it was pretty decent. At any rate if anyone pulls the old "I'll put salt in your beer and now you won't drink it" prank you'll know it's still safe to drink. ;)

the_ouskull
8/13/2006, 01:40 AM
They used to make a beer like that... Dave's Cave Creek Chili Beer. It wasn't the best, to say the least.

the_ouskull

8/13/2006, 02:12 AM
What kind of beer?

Chuck Bao
8/13/2006, 05:47 AM
If I were to use the juice from a jar of jalepeno slices, would that work?

If only a dash of the stuff, I'm thinking it wouldn't be bad, addding a bit of immediate sour taste and a very slight hot aftertaste to blend in with the bitter aftertaste of the beer.

Wait, is this a trick question? Are jalepenos really fruits and is this a ghey thread?

LilSooner
8/13/2006, 12:24 PM
Another thing people do to screw up their beer is put tomato juice in their beer.

It's kindof gross.

Cam
8/13/2006, 12:39 PM
They used to make a beer like that... Dave's Cave Creek Chili Beer. It wasn't the best, to say the least.

the_ouskull
that stuff was the succ. Took one drink and threw the rest away.

jk the sooner fan
8/13/2006, 03:50 PM
Another thing people do to screw up their beer is put tomato juice in their beer.

It's kindof gross.

my ex and her dad do that, never understood it

49r
8/13/2006, 05:48 PM
At least it wasn't Tequiza. *shudder*

boomersooner28
8/13/2006, 05:51 PM
Oh damn...my wife and her best friend use this lime salt chit in/on/around/instead of their beer...now they got me hooked on the satanic ritual. :mad:

It is good though. :O

LilSooner
8/13/2006, 05:53 PM
I love lime salt, but I use it on just about everything except beer.

royalfan5
8/13/2006, 05:59 PM

It's kindof gross.
Y'all aren't all about Red Beers down there. Tomato Juice, Worschetire Sauce, and a little salt only makes a beer better. Orange Beer is pretty good too.

silverwheels
8/13/2006, 06:00 PM
WTF? If a beer has to have something added to it, then it shouldn't be consumed.

Hatfield
8/13/2006, 06:18 PM

It's kindof gross.

hi.

you are wrong.

that is a proven cure to da hangover.

you're welcome

GottaHavePride
8/13/2006, 08:17 PM
Another cure for a hangover is not to drink so much that you get a hangover.

StoopTroup
8/13/2006, 08:30 PM
Orange Beer is pretty good too.
Post Reported.

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2006, 08:49 PM
Orange Beer is pretty good too.

My kind of drinker!

LoyalFan
8/13/2006, 09:38 PM
Once upon a time (1969), in a faraway land (Chermany), a dashing young knight (Tank company commander), thinking his "brau" needed a little something (something), added a magic potion (Lighter fluid).
Tasted like excretia (poop).
I've never done it again.

That will be all for "Story Tyme" today.

Fan, L.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/13/2006, 09:47 PM
You guys are ****ing me off.

If you put anything in it, it's not a beer anymore it's a mixed drink.

You don't call it an orange champagne, you call it a mimosa. You don't call it an orange beer, you call it a wine cooler and you drink it with your pinkie extended. And you order it with a lisp.

Frektards.

afs
8/13/2006, 09:50 PM
My kind of drinker!

Zima
Orange Beer
Branson
Dates to Laser Quest

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/shakehead.gif

LilSooner
8/13/2006, 09:53 PM
If by orange beer you mean putting a slice of orange in your blue moon.

IN.

Also, if you mean putting a slice of lemmon in your boulevard wheat. I am also IN.

Also, just to let you know I REALLY like keystone light. Like lots.

ChickSoonerFan
8/13/2006, 09:59 PM
When this thread is on top...from the forums screen it reads:

why do people want to screw... (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=75407)

heh...and I thought this was a family board!!

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/13/2006, 10:01 PM

IN.

Also, if you mean putting a slice of lemmon in your boulevard wheat. I am also IN.

Well, with those two beers, I can understand. I put ketchup on broccoli to mask the taste.

And there are certain beers when you're taking your taste buds into your own hands if you don't put something in it. Like those Mexican beers in clear glass bottles. Ick. Skunk.

royalfan5
8/13/2006, 10:15 PM

IN.

By Orange beer I mean dumping a bunch of orange juice in some Schaefers or High Life. It works great for breakfast on game days.

Also, Keystone Light is great, but Keystone Ice delievers more bang for your buck.

LilSooner
8/13/2006, 10:21 PM
That is almost as disgusting as putting ketchup on your broccoli.

GROSS!

royalfan5
8/13/2006, 10:31 PM
That is almost as disgusting as putting ketchup on your broccoli.

GROSS!
I thought that until I tried it. You get the texture and booze of beer and the taste of orange juice. Add some toast and your in business.

walkoffsooner
8/14/2006, 12:10 AM
Its a good place to do it. They screw up good chickens

GottaHavePride
8/14/2006, 12:13 AM

Ugh, the always bitter beer? I'll drink High Life before I drink Keystone.

Ash
8/14/2006, 12:17 AM
You guys are ****ing me off.

If you put anything in it, it's not a beer anymore it's a mixed drink.

You don't call it an orange champagne, you call it a mimosa. You don't call it an orange beer, you call it a wine cooler and you drink it with your pinkie extended. And you order it with a lisp.

Frektards.

LMAO :D :D :D
:pop:

achiro
8/14/2006, 10:26 AM
My kind of drinker!
You should ask him out.

achiro
8/14/2006, 10:27 AM
I thought that until I tried it. You get the texture and booze of beer and the taste of orange juice. Add some toast and your in business.
Why not just add vodka to the orange juice? That way you get a much stronger booze of vodka and still get taste of orange juice.

royalfan5
8/14/2006, 11:35 AM
Why not just add vodka to the orange juice? That way you get a much stronger booze of vodka and still get taste of orange juice.
Because when you already have the 30 pack of Schaefers it's cheaper not to buy more booze.