PDA

View Full Version : Radio: Welcome to the NFL!

KC//CRIMSON
8/12/2006, 08:35 PM
From whornfans.com:D

Saints vs Titans Thread

VY in the game!

Its VINCE time baby!

Vince with the first team, baby!

I hope Volek drowns in the shower.

He's in!

Incomplete pass.

Four yd. scramble on 2nd down.

3rd down threw a little behind Troupe.

Archie Manning just said Vince throws like a sissy!

Titans punt.

Bush 1 VY 0:(

Next series:

Vince in shotgun......completed pass for first down......next play vince sacked........next play pass behind bennett.

Come on Vince, due something magical!

3rd down pass into double coverage...not a good throw, could have been intercepted....titans punting:(

soonersam
8/12/2006, 08:41 PM
not surprising.... I figured he's be out of the league in the next 2 years.... If our defense could dominate him what would the nfl do..

Soonerman08
8/12/2006, 09:03 PM
According to the Whorns.....he was Jesus.

Rhino
8/12/2006, 09:37 PM
Ruh-roh.

High ankle sprain?

KC//CRIMSON
8/12/2006, 09:44 PM
last series from whornfans.

Vince dinged up left leg on incomplete pass.

If he doesn't come back into the game his stats as of now are:

4/11 56 yards passing
4 rushes for 28 yards

I guess Vince has discovered that New Orleans' backup defense is a bit more talented than Colorado.:D

soonerhubs
8/12/2006, 10:35 PM
If he keeps running like he's doing, Norm Chow is going to go to the front office with a big "I told you so..." lecture.

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 10:43 PM
somebody needs to tell the whorns that even though they killed us last year, we still beat vy down in that game. it was freaking jamaal charles that killed us

goingoneight
8/12/2006, 11:25 PM
somebody needs to tell the whorns that even though they killed us last year, we still beat vy down in that game. it was freaking jamaal charles that killed us

That's fine, you go ahead and do that. That means you're submitting to a returning whorn two months before the Cotton Bowl. I'll just stay here. :cool:

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 11:34 PM
That's fine, you go ahead and do that. That means you're submitting to a returning whorn two months before the Cotton Bowl. I'll just stay here. :cool:
i don't submit to whorns, i just speak the truth

goingoneight
8/12/2006, 11:47 PM
Wasn't being super serious, I was just saying... you never know what will come of stuff like that. I prefer to say it like this...

We've beaten you when we were barely ranked, we've beaten you when you were in the top-five BCS ranks, we recorded the highest ever Red River Shootout lopsided victory against your "National Champion." We shut you out.

You had to wait until we weren't ranked, were 2-2, inexperienced all over the field and struggling just to tackle a guy just to beat us by a measley 33 points. What does that mean to you???

That's the best way I deal with them... :D

MRNOTDUCKS
8/13/2006, 12:43 AM
I'm disappointed that none of the commentators have commented on that "pass" that was almost intercepted on the play that took VY out of the game. What in the heck was THAT? Today VY was just another player on the field. Marcus Vick had a better showing! lol

goingoneight
8/13/2006, 12:58 AM
Dude is still majorly green. I wouldn't totally count him out since the NFL QB's aren't getting any younger and he's gonna get thrown in the fire sooner or later. As for the "greatest player ever..." I think the VYagra has worn off by now...

TheGodfather889
8/13/2006, 02:52 AM
I thinhe VYagra has worn off by now...
That's a good new one. Another funny name for Vince Young.:D

AllVol
8/13/2006, 09:52 AM
I drew alot of pleasure out of watching Young look like the accident he was @ Texas... Ive got another nn for him... FLOP... With the one exception of playing OU's worst team in a while, OU was the only high calibur D he played, and they worked him... Even USC's defense was garbage, VY was, and is a fluke, and I hope he fails, miserably...

PS: I hate the Titans also, FYI..

oumartin
8/13/2006, 10:05 AM
No comments on how Bush looks like the real deal!
I didn't see any Woolfork either.

ashley
8/13/2006, 03:46 PM
I coached QB's for 38 yrs and I have always doubted hin in the NFL.. I may eat my words but did you see the 50 yarder that was droped, It was from the hip. I don't think you cad do that in the league play after play. There is a reason the good ones and the great have always thrown over the shoulder. I don't think you can throw some of the essential patterns like he does. Running all the time can't bail him out now.

Frozen Sooner
8/13/2006, 03:54 PM
Well, except for Bernie Kosar. He's the one exception. I'm convinced that guy had good enough field visions he could have thrown 'em underhanded.

FaninAma
8/13/2006, 04:57 PM
Well, except for Bernie Kosar. He's the one exception. I'm convinced that guy had good enough field visions he could have thrown 'em underhanded.

I concur with your field vision assessment. I have never watched a player at the college level who seemed to know where the other 21 players were on the field and also be able to sense where pressure was coming from. Now admittedly OU was one of the few teams that contained Young when they faced him but they did it by being disciplined and staying in their rushing lanes. Even then he broke a couple of long gainers against us.

Instead of "Radio" I think his nickname should be "Radar".

Having said that, I think the more complicated blitz and pass coverage schemes will give Young a lot more trouble. That and the fact that he throws like he's trying to fling a booger off his hand.

Texas
8/13/2006, 11:47 PM
this is hilarious....the guy just played his first preseason game and everyone's already rooting for him to fail!

VY was 14/27 for 241 yards and 3 passing TDs. he also had 45 yards (net) rushing.

Ash
8/14/2006, 12:12 AM
this is hilarious....the guy just played his first preseason game and everyone's already rooting for him to fail!

VY was 14/27 for 241 yards and 3 passing TDs. he also had 45 yards (net) rushing.

Feel free to go away anytime soon.

TIA

caphorns
8/14/2006, 08:32 AM
Congrats OU fans for going full-on aggy with this thread by the way.

What were the former Sooner QBs doing this past weekend? Serving fries? Selling insurance?

Big Red Ron
8/14/2006, 08:35 AM

What were the former Sooner QBs doing this past weekend? Serving fries? Selling insurance?I'm just glad that VY never had career ending injuries like our Heisman runner up QB and our Heisman winning QB.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/14/2006, 08:56 AM

What were the former Sooner QBs doing this past weekend? Serving fries? Selling insurance?

I actually enjoyed watching VY play. That dude can run like hell. His passing was wacky but it worked out ok. I just enjoy it when he gets hit and can still make a play. It's impressive and damned fun to watch.

I still reserve the right to call him a retard, however. He's obviously a kid that eeked by on athletic ability and not classroom performance. He's the NFL's first mentally handicapable qb.

TexasLidig8r
8/14/2006, 09:13 AM
I drew alot of pleasure out of watching Young look like the accident he was @ Texas... Ive got another nn for him... FLOP... With the one exception of playing OU's worst team in a while, OU was the only high calibur D he played, and they worked him... Even USC's defense was garbage, VY was, and is a fluke, and I hope he fails, miserably...

PS: I hate the Titans also, FYI..

So Vince was an accident at Texas? hmmm.. Let's see... Now, review again, how many quarterbacks in NCAA history have run for 1000 and thrown for 3000 in the same year? Oh yes.. that would be.. Vince.

Oh. Ohio State's defense last year was a joke too.. oh .. wait.. they weren't.

Assuming you had time from your busy schedule of trying to find your dentures and wondering how to work that newfangled invention called.. shoes... how many times did you see Vince play live? How many complete games did you even watch?

To call Vince a fluke ignores facts, reason and logic. (perhaps watching last year's Tennessee team go down in NCAA history as one of the, if not THE biggest overrated flops of all time has colored your view.)

As for hoping Vince fails.. well, surely he won't fail as much as those little blue pills you are required to take before engaging in acts of lust with your first generational family members.

footballfanatic
8/14/2006, 09:13 AM

Those were some great TD throws Charles made last year.

caphorns
8/14/2006, 09:21 AM
I actually enjoyed watching VY play. That dude can run like hell. His passing was wacky but it worked out ok. I just enjoy it when he gets hit and can still make a play. It's impressive and damned fun to watch.

I still reserve the right to call him a retard, however. He's obviously a kid that eeked by on athletic ability and not classroom performance. He's the NFL's first mentally handicapable qb.

Fair post. Understood. His performance was not as horrible as reported. I will say that Cutler kind of laid down the law in his opening performance for Denver. But preseason is always interesting. I remember Bucky Richardson being quite the pre-season master.

A better point out of this whole deal is Jeff Fisher now saying that Vince will get some serious PT this year - maybe starting by mid-season. So I guess that Norm Chow doesn't agree with many of you wise soonerfans posters.

I can't believe many of ya'll want some more VY crow to eat at this point. Do you like the taste of it or what?

footballfanatic
8/14/2006, 09:23 AM
I love it. Sooner fans said VY wouldn't be a good college QB. Now, following one of the greatest personal seasons of all time, he enters the pros, plays a so-so game in his FIRST PRESEASON GAME, and all the Sooners (who, incidentally, claimed he'd never even PLAY QB in the NFL) feel he's a flop. It may take VY several seasons to be good, PLUS you need a strong nucleus of players and coaches around you. He may never succeed, none of us know yet, but I think it's a tad early to close the book on him.

Earth to Sooners: Playing QB in the NFL is really hard. How many truly great ones are playing right now?

sjt
8/14/2006, 09:24 AM
I saw most of the game and overall, he looked pretty green for an NFL QB. T To his credit, he did lay a beautiful 50 yarder right into the hands of his receiver who dropped it. That would have certainly made the Sports Center hightlights. He looks a lot like McNair did early on - maybe better.

Of the three big QB picks this year, Jay Cutler looks most impressive.
Can't comment on the USC goofball. Is he is camp yet???

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 09:31 AM

Heh.

You summed it up perfectly.

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 09:32 AM
I can't believe many of ya'll want some more VY crow to eat at this point. Do you like the taste of it or what?

I'll take our 2 - 1 record against him.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/14/2006, 09:37 AM
.http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7751/handivincexu6.jpg

caphorns
8/14/2006, 09:40 AM
I'll take our 2 - 1 record against him.

You guys wet your pants the day Vince declared early to the draft. Don't tell me you weren't aware that this wouldn't have easily gone to 2-2 (2-1 in games he started). It would have looked as bad as last year's beating and you know it.

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 09:42 AM
You guys wet your pants the day Vince declared early to the draft. Don't tell me you weren't aware that this wouldn't have easily gone to 2-2 (2-1 in games he started). It would have looked as bad as last year's beating and you know it.

Again, I'll take our 2 - 1 record against him and move on.

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 09:44 AM
Also, I'm still not convinced he's going to make a career of it as a QB at the NFL level. He's tremendously talented. He's huge, with great wheels and if anyone can teach him to be an NFL QB it's Chow. But I still say they're going to ruin him if Fisher puts him out there too early.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/14/2006, 09:47 AM

I can honestly say that I wanted VY to stay so we could play him during another up year. He was fun to watch and with a tight D (which we should have) we could have shut him down. We just couldn't score last year. Bad line, green QB, wounded superstar RB???

Now that our starting QB has displayed that he is actually dumber than VY and got kicked off the team... well, I wouldn't have had the highest of hopes against VY.

Not sure how will do against texas now either, but with an intact team of dedicated starters I had high hopes.

OUDoc
8/14/2006, 09:49 AM
all the Sooners (who, incidentally, claimed he'd never even PLAY QB in the NFL) feel he's a flop.
Careful who you stereotype. I never said it. I believed it, but I never said it. We'll see how he does. Since even Simms can make a roster, my view of NFL quarterbacks has taken a hit.

BTW, personally, I was damn glad VY left college.

soonerhubs
8/14/2006, 09:50 AM

Vince to Norm Chow... "Hey Coach, just let me go out there and play the game my way."

Okla-homey
8/14/2006, 09:52 AM
In other NFL pre-season play, Patriots rookie Garrett Mills (from TU) racked up 75 yards in 5 carries!

Jason White's Third Knee
8/14/2006, 09:54 AM
Vince to Norm Chow... "Hey Coach, just let me go out there and play the game my way."

Nice. I still say VY could be one of the NFL's greatest WRs.

soonerhubs
8/14/2006, 10:03 AM
Nice. I still say VY could be one of the NFL's greatest WRs.

See now that I can buy.

Maybe the Whorns are right:D , and I'm judging to harshly, but I honestly see an amazingly fast, talented wide receiver. I struggle to see this person as an NFL QB.

footballfanatic
8/14/2006, 10:20 AM
Careful who you stereotype. I never said it. I believed it, but I never said it. We'll see how he does. Since even Simms can make a roster, my view of NFL quarterbacks has taken a hit.

BTW, personally, I was damn glad VY left college.
To be fair, I thought that HORRIBLE throw VY made that was almost intercepted made him appear to be regressing. That kind of Mickey Mouse play will get you burned in the NFL.

Many analysts are predicting a big year from Chris SImms. I think he's had enough time in the system to be set for a big year.

As someone who spent many years in NYC, people forget how much the local fans and press HATED Phil Simms in his early years. He was considered the one thing keeping the team from making to the Super Bowl. Now, of course, they love him.

TexasLidig8r
8/14/2006, 10:23 AM
See now that I can buy.

Maybe the Whorns are right:D , and I'm judging to harshly, but I honestly see an amazingly fast, talented wide receiver. I struggle to see this person as a quarterback playing 5A football in Texas.. uh.. a quarterback playing Division 1 football in college.. uh.. a quarterback who can lead his team to a winning record in college.. uh.. a quarterback who can lead his team to a conference championship.. uh.. a quarterback who can win a national championship.. uh.. a person who will be drafted as a quarterback. uh....

The point being.. there have been detractors on Vince Can't Be A Quarterback since his high school days.

Those people going nuts right now because of ONE PRESEASON game either don't know football worth a flip or are blinded by their I hate Texas and Vince feelings.

Best thing for Vince would be if he could ride the pine this year.. come in during junk time (if any).. otherwise, learn the nuances and speed of the game in practice and pre-season then, hold a clipboard, watch and learn.

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 10:38 AM
To be fair, I thought that HORRIBLE throw VY made that was almost intercepted made him appear to be regressing. That kind of Mickey Mouse play will get you burned in the NFL.

Many analysts are predicting a big year from Chris SImms. I think he's had enough time away from Greg Davis to be set for a big year.

As someone who spent many years in NYC, people forget how much the local fans and press HATED Phil Simms in his early years. He was considered the one thing keeping the team from making to the Super Bowl. Now, of course, they love him.

Fixed.

Dio
8/14/2006, 10:53 AM

Actually, I've been rooting for him to fail for a long time now.

Soonerman08
8/14/2006, 11:53 AM
The point being.. there have been detractors on Vince Can't Be A Quarterback since his high school days.

Those people going nuts right now because of ONE PRESEASON game either don't know football worth a flip or are blinded by their I hate Texas and Vince feelings.

Best thing for Vince would be if he could ride the pine this year.. come in during junk time (if any).. otherwise, learn the nuances and speed of the game in practice and pre-season then, hold a clipboard, watch and learn.

I'm not a Dallas Cowboys fan, but I must say he is going to get hurt playing against Dallas. Roy Williams will plant his *** on the ground. :D

Herr Scholz
8/14/2006, 12:31 PM
I'm not a Dallas Cowboys fan, but I must say he is going to get hurt playing against Dallas. Roy Williams will plant his *** on the ground. :D
Is that before or after Roy gives up yet another game winning TD pass?

BoogercountySooner
8/14/2006, 12:37 PM
Get lost Hair Schitz!

Herr Scholz
8/14/2006, 12:56 PM
Get lost Hair Schitz!
Touch a nerve?

BoogercountySooner
8/14/2006, 12:59 PM
Touch a nerve?

Nah Just don't like Horn Trolls thats all!!

Herr Scholz
8/14/2006, 01:01 PM
Nah Just don't like Horn Trolls thats all!!
I'm a Horn regular, thank you very much.

BoogercountySooner
8/14/2006, 01:06 PM
I Know what you are I've been telling you to get lost for many years!! Troll is a Troll so you are a regular Troll still one of these times you'll get lost and stay lost!!

Texas
8/14/2006, 01:13 PM
:pop:

sooneron
8/14/2006, 01:18 PM
Is that before or after Roy returns yet another game winning int?
fixed

BoogercountySooner
8/14/2006, 01:22 PM
:pop:

Ditto to you to!!

footballfanatic
8/14/2006, 01:25 PM
If last season is any measure, Roy usually waits till the critical last two minutes to give up the game winner.

BoogercountySooner
8/14/2006, 01:27 PM
Three little Pig Horn's!!

Herr Scholz
8/14/2006, 01:27 PM
If last season is any measure, Roy usually waits till the critical last two minutes to give up the game winner.
I agree. That's his usual M.O. After they've gone to the prevent defense.

sooneron
8/14/2006, 01:28 PM
I could really give a **** about how radio does in the pros.

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2006, 01:34 PM
He's the NFL's first mentally handicapable qb.

can't.:D

stop.:D

laughing.:D

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2006, 01:39 PM
I saw most of the game and overall, he looked pretty green for an NFL QB. T To his credit, he did lay a beautiful 50 yarder right into the hands of his receiver who dropped it. That would have certainly made the Sports Center hightlights. He looks a lot like McNair did early on - maybe better.

Of the three big QB picks this year, Jay Cutler looks most impressive.
Can't comment on the USC goofball. Is he is camp yet???

Oh, you mean the 50 yard sky hook that he threw from his ankles? Yeah, that was beautiful.

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2006, 01:42 PM
I love it. Sooner fans said VY wouldn't be a good college QB. Now, following one of the greatest personal seasons of all time, he enters the pros, plays a so-so game in his FIRST PRESEASON GAME, and all the Sooners (who, incidentally, claimed he'd never even PLAY QB in the NFL) feel he's a flop. It may take VY several seasons to be good, PLUS you need a strong nucleus of players and coaches around you. He may never succeed, none of us know yet, but I think it's a tad early to close the book on him.

Earth to Sooners: Playing QB in the NFL is really hard. How many truly great ones are playing right now?

But Vince is inVincible!

Vince fought the terrorists, and won!

Vince is a god!

Vince cured cancer!

My personal favorite: Vince is magical!:D

caphorns
8/14/2006, 01:43 PM
Laugh away KC but Marino was just as much of a Wonder-dipsh!t as our boy Vince and you guys would probably go ghey to land a QB half as good as Marino or Vince. Oh go on. Tell me the virtues of Mr. Roboto knee again ;)

Octavian
8/14/2006, 01:59 PM
Oh go on. Tell me the virtues of Mr. Roboto knee again ;)

One was recognized as the best player in the country

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1269/502white240x200ot1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and one wasn't

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8882/vinceloses9ryeo3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

couldnt.

resist.

;)

caphorns
8/14/2006, 02:01 PM
LOL. Well done. I forgot about that lip gif. Touche.

BoogercountySooner
8/14/2006, 02:03 PM
Titan's the EEOC Poster Team!

Big Red Ron
8/14/2006, 02:48 PM
If last season is any measure, Roy usually waits till the critical last two minutes to give up the game winner.Or to take the game winning INT to the house.:rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
8/14/2006, 02:49 PM
Laugh away KC but Marino was just as much of a Wonder-dipsh!t as our boy Vince and you guys would probably go ghey to land a QB half as good as Marino or Vince. Oh go on. Tell me the virtues of Mr. Roboto knee again ;)How many Championships did Dan win again?

caphorns
8/14/2006, 02:55 PM
How many Championships did Dan win again?

So Marino failing to lead his NFL team to a Super Bowl win is the equivalent of getting schooled by the likes of the K. State defense?

If you recall, Marino won as many college football titles as John Elway. I believe Ben Rothlesberger won as many as well. Those guys really suck :rolleyes:

47straight
8/14/2006, 03:29 PM
Laugh away KC but Marino was just as much of a Wonder-dipsh!t as our boy Vince and you guys would probably go ghey to land a QB half as good as Marino or Vince. Oh go on. Tell me the virtues of Mr. Roboto knee again ;)

I never understood whorn fans like you and those at the UT games wearing shirts bagging on Jason White.

He beat you every single time he played against you. He has scoreboard on your asses. FOREVER.

"huh-huh, but he has two bum knees and funny teeth, huh-huh." idiots.

47straight
8/14/2006, 03:30 PM

Or to intercept a pass and run it back for a game-winnging touchdown.

47straight
8/14/2006, 03:34 PM

If you were to know anything about defense other than Chizik = good, you would realize that such things happen to strong safeties when the corners fail to do their bump-and-run assignment.

See - most of the world plays football as a "team" sport. With multiple people cooperating together. Not just one superstar doing what he wants. It's especially important at the professional level, where everyone is a former big-fish-in-a-little-pond.

caphorns
8/14/2006, 03:38 PM
I never understood whorn fans like you and those at the UT games wearing shirts bagging on Jason White.

He beat you every single time he played against you. He has scoreboard on your asses. FOREVER.

"huh-huh, but he has two bum knees and funny teeth, huh-huh." idiots.

I wouldn't ever wear such a retarded shirt. I like JW and I think he's a great guy and was a solid college QB. My point was in response to those bagging on VY as "mentally handicapped" and his NFL game. Clearly, you guys are losing sight of how aggy this all looks. But oh well.

Big Red Ron
8/14/2006, 03:43 PM
So Marino failing to lead his NFL team to a Super Bowl win is the equivalent of getting schooled by the likes of the K. State defense?

If you recall, Marino won as many college football titles as John Elway. I believe Ben Rothlesberger won as many as well. Those guys really suck :rolleyes:You horns are the one's that are trying to say that since Dan was only slightly less dumber than Vince that Vince will light the world on fire. Can't have it both ways pal.

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2006, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't ever wear such a retarded shirt. I like JW and I think he's a great guy and was a solid college QB. My point was in response to those bagging on VY as "mentally handicapped" and his NFL game. Clearly, you guys are losing sight of how aggy this all looks. But oh well.

If we're losing sight now, then whornfans.com went blind years ago.....

Big Red Ron
8/14/2006, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't ever wear such a retarded shirt. I like JW and I think he's a great guy and was a solid college QB. My point was in response to those bagging on VY as "mentally handicapped" and his NFL game. Clearly, you guys are losing sight of how aggy this all looks. But oh well.Let him achieve something then let's talk about being aggie, k?

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 03:52 PM
My point was in response to those bagging on VY as "mentally handicapped" and his NFL game. Clearly, you guys are losing sight of how aggy this all looks. But oh well.

I don't think he'd be a favorite to win a game of Jeopardy. But that's not why they have him around now is it?

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2006, 03:55 PM
I wonder if the NFL offers Playbooks on CD?

caphorns
8/14/2006, 04:01 PM
Let him achieve something then let's talk about being aggie, k?

What? 2 time Rose Bowl MVP and MVP of a National Championship game against ESPN's latest greatest team of alltime not enough for you? Sheesh. Lets not forget racking it up against your fairly formidable defense last year.

VY was a great college QB and you guys would cream your panties to have him as your QB this year. As a pro, it's you guys jumping to the immediate conclusion after 1 preseason game (in which most reports are mixed to positive) to say the guy can't play the position. Ludicrosity. Aggy.

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 04:05 PM
VY was a great QB in college. I've always said I didn't think his game would translate to the NFL. However that's because very few dual threat QB's have evar amounted to **** in the league.

caphorns
8/14/2006, 04:07 PM
If we're losing sight now, then whornfans.com went blind years ago.....

Last year was redemption for some of those hornfans posters. I agree that many of them have aggy potential. many many.

Plus, I'm not here to join in on the cross-aggy behavior. I would seriously regret the day I got online to start a damn post claiming some moral victory and vindication that a QB that schlacked my team last year was too stupid for the NFL (or for a greeter job at Walmart) and was a failure as a QB after his first preseason game. I never revelled in your QB's failure to crack the top of the NFL foodchain. But it's hypocritical as sh!t for you guys to point out every mistake of Chris Simms or Vince Young along the way. Take it how you will, but Texas QB's under Mack: 2 NFL starters and 1 D-1 offensive coordinator.

JohnnyMack
8/14/2006, 04:08 PM
Chris Simms biggest mistake was allowing Greg Davis anywhere near him.

VY's saving grace was that Mack figured out the best way to handle him was NOT to coach him.

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2006, 04:15 PM
Last year was redemption for some of those hornfans posters. I agree that many of them have aggy potential. many many.

Plus, I'm not here to join in on the cross-aggy behavior. I would seriously regret the day I got online to start a damn post claiming some moral victory and vindication that a QB that schlacked my team last year was too stupid for the NFL (or for a greeter job at Walmart) and was a failure as a QB after his first preseason game. I never revelled in your QB's failure to crack the top of the NFL foodchain. But it's hypocritical as sh!t for you guys to point out every mistake of Chris Simms or Vince Young along the way. Take it how you will, but Texas QB's under Mack: 2 NFL starters and 1 D-1 offensive coordinator.

A. Simms is just now starting and by the skin of his teeth, but still starting.
B. Radio is not a starter.
C. Yes, even Opie made a roster.

47straight
8/14/2006, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't ever wear such a retarded shirt.

It's the same to me as saying

1 was getting on with his life, doing nicely thank you very much - not in jail, not suspended for anything, just doing his thing.

The other was coaching at OU. Not at Rice.

caphorns
8/14/2006, 04:22 PM
Never let the facts get in the way of making for good aggy fodder. You've had your talent at the position and I don't see them playing on Sundays. You can make up a myriad of crappy points to feel better about it, but the track record stands for itself.

Simms - Several NFL "experts" are saying that Simms may be one of the best QBs in the league. I've wondered for awhile if Gruden is not part of the problem with Simms. I've never seen more coddling and worry done EVER at the NFL level than the way Gruden has brought along Simms. Simms should have had more game experience by this time in his career.

VY - Tenn coaches have said he will get solid PT and his progress has been much faster than expected. He made some good throws in his first start. Still has some learning to do, but he's been said to be well ahead of Steve McNair at this stage.

Major (or Opie) - He was never NFL caliber (arm strength) and didn't make a roster to my knowledge. He is however the offensive coordinator for Rice in his 3rd year of coaching. Not bad.

usmc-sooner
8/14/2006, 05:57 PM
Never let the facts get in the way of making for good aggy fodder. You've had your talent at the position and I don't see them playing on Sundays. You can make up a myriad of crappy points to feel better about it, but the track record stands for itself.

Simms - Several NFL "experts" are saying that Simms may be one of the best QBs in the league. I've wondered for awhile if Gruden is not part of the problem with Simms. I've never seen more coddling and worry done EVER at the NFL level than the way Gruden has brought along Simms. Simms should have had more game experience by this time in his career.

I wonder if NFL "experts" realize that Gruden has a ring and Simms doesn't

footballfanatic
8/14/2006, 06:02 PM
One was recognized as the best player in the country

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1269/502white240x200ot1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

and one wasn't

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8882/vinceloses9ryeo3.gif (http://imageshack.us)

couldnt.

resist.

;)

One played lights out in the two biggest games of his career on the biggests stage--the Rose Bowl. The other stunk up the house in the two biggest games of his career.

47straight
8/14/2006, 06:04 PM
One played lights out in the two biggest games of his career on the biggests stage--the Rose Bowl. The other stunk up the house in the two biggest games of his career.

But yet, one was undefeated against his main rival, and the other was 1-2...

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2006, 06:07 PM

One guy has an eighth grade reading comprehension and scored a seven on his Wonderlic Exam.

47straight
8/14/2006, 06:08 PM
You can make up a myriad of crappy points to feel better about it, but the track record stands for itself.

Simms - .... I've wondered for awhile if Gruden is not part of the problem with Simms. ... Simms should have had more game experience by this time in his career.

VY - .... Still has some learning to do, but he's been said to be well ahead of Steve McNair at this stage.

Major (or Opie) - He was never NFL caliber (arm strength) and didn't make a roster to my knowledge. He is however the offensive coordinator for Rice in his 3rd year of coaching. Not bad.

Dude, you realize that you yourself just made up a bunch of crappy points to make yourself feel better about whorn QB's, right?

BoogercountySooner
8/14/2006, 06:08 PM
Why don't all you Horn Idiots go to Whorfans and Toot Vince and Chrissy's Horns over there and run our guy's down over there. It seem's really Aggy like to be over here posting anything!:mad: :mad:

footballfanatic
8/14/2006, 06:13 PM
One guy has an eighth grade reading comprehension and scored a seven on his Wonderlic Exam.

No one ever said VY was a genius, but a good enough football player to have pro teams salivating over him.

usmc-sooner
8/14/2006, 06:18 PM
No one ever said VY was a genius, but a good enough football player to have pro teams salivating over him.

he's a helluva a football player no doubt. I like him more than other horns like for say the fake Roy Williams

SoonerGirl1201
8/14/2006, 07:00 PM
I have a question. Why do horn fans care what we say or thing about Vince Young. I honestly don't get it? I don't care what they say about our players, much less would I go to their board and argue with them about it.

trwxxa
8/14/2006, 07:48 PM
Yawn....

IBNLT

goingoneight
8/14/2006, 08:21 PM
Is that before or after Roy knocks the ball outta someone else's hand on the one?

Fixed... for good.

goingoneight
8/14/2006, 08:33 PM

I think you're judging too harshly... C'mon... We're talking about a school who has recruited Heupel, White, TROY AIKMAN, and several times landed a top-recruited QB (although five star athletes are not always five star guys). If Vince is a flop, you'll see him flop over the course of a long time. If he's great, who really cares? The Titans got a top pick for a reason... they suck!

VY had sooo many advantages that whorn fans often don't pay attention to. No major injuries in all four (redshirt?) years of hard practice and games, and you ALL know that last year all of the pieces of the puzzle came together for UT success. One-game schedule (tOSU), best OL in Texas history, unranked and struggling foe in the RRS, Colorado sucked worse in 2005 than when we took them to the house in 2004, and the SUC defense kept them within a few points of losing several times in 2005. VY had a special talent from day one, whether people like him or not, he makes people miss, and he breaks every tackle unless the tackler levels him. His feet are his gift, and if he ever tears a ligament or breaks a leg or something, he won't be as flashy anymore. 2005... I didn't agree with how he threw the ball, but neither did anyone who watched Heupel.

I don't want him to fail, I don't want anyone to fail, period. I've always despised the stereotypical redneck OSU Aggies, but I always admired Barry and Thurmond. People need to realize that five years into the NFL, nobody cares where you went to school at. Even if you are Superman-Roy Williams or VY.

KABOOKIE
8/14/2006, 08:38 PM

F*ck yeah!!! Nate Hybl numbers! :rolleyes:

Octavian
8/14/2006, 08:38 PM

but both could probably understand when someone's joking.

RooseveltRoughRider
8/15/2006, 12:17 AM
IF Vince had played for OU last year and led them to the NC they would be heaping praise on him and how great he was..you guys go ga-ga over your below average backups. You say Vince was stupid etc. etc...

Well whatever you feel he was, he was smart enough and good enough to go undefeated, win the Big XII, kick OU's ***, and win the NC...if he is so stupid..what does that say about the other guy you guys worship (Stoops) who seems to be the one who cant win the big Game??? Stoops' record aint too hot in games that matter over the last few years...think about it..

Egeo
8/15/2006, 12:19 AM
Dude, you realize that you yourself just made up a bunch of crappy points to make yourself feel better about whorn QB's, right?
you know whorns dont grasp the intricacies of logic

Egeo
8/15/2006, 12:22 AM
if he is so stupid..what does that say about the other guy you guys worship (Stoops) who seems to be the one who cant win the big Game??? Stoops' record aint too hot in games that matter over the last few years...think about it..
5-2 ring a bell?

hell has froze over... a texass fan talking trash about winning big games
carr is the only coach at a big program worse on gameday than mac and then you guys do play decent and win the NC and all the previous struggles are forgotten

RooseveltRoughRider
8/15/2006, 05:44 AM
5-2 ring a bell?

hell has froze over... a texass fan talking trash about winning big games
carr is the only coach at a big program worse on gameday than mac and then you guys do play decent and win the NC and all the previous struggles are forgotten

Are you serious????

Your staement would be somewhat valid if the only game ever played each season is the RRS. However it is not, How is Mack "BAD" on gameday when he has a 20 game winning streak, is undefeated in the BCS, the ONLY team to achieve home-away scoreboard on the entire conference, same amount of NC's as Stoops, the ONLY Coach with 10 straight 9-win or greater seasons, .824 winning percentage in the last 10 years...and thats #1 in the NCAA.
His last 25 games? (24-1)

Get real man

BoogercountySooner
8/15/2006, 06:25 AM
Words of Wisdom from the Rosey Rump Rider get lost fool!

footballfanatic
8/15/2006, 08:24 AM
I think you're judging too harshly... C'mon... We're talking about a school who has recruited Heupel, White, TROY AIKMAN, and several times landed a top-recruited QB (although five star athletes are not always five star guys). If Vince is a flop, you'll see him flop over the course of a long time. If he's great, who really cares? The Titans got a top pick for a reason... they suck!

VY had sooo many advantages that whorn fans often don't pay attention to. No major injuries in all four (redshirt?) years of hard practice and games, and you ALL know that last year all of the pieces of the puzzle came together for UT success. One-game schedule (tOSU), best OL in Texas history, unranked and struggling foe in the RRS, Colorado sucked worse in 2005 than when we took them to the house in 2004, and the SUC defense kept them within a few points of losing several times in 2005. VY had a special talent from day one, whether people like him or not, he makes people miss, and he breaks every tackle unless the tackler levels him. His feet are his gift, and if he ever tears a ligament or breaks a leg or something, he won't be as flashy anymore. 2005... I didn't agree with how he threw the ball, but neither did anyone who watched Heupel.

I don't want him to fail, I don't want anyone to fail, period. I've always despised the stereotypical redneck OSU Aggies, but I always admired Barry and Thurmond. People need to realize that five years into the NFL, nobody cares where you went to school at. Even if you are Superman-Roy Williams or VY.

All true points about the Longhorn season. Perhaps inadvertently, you highlighted the key to any team winning--all the pieces have to come together. Schedule, maturation of key players, and good health, plus a heathy dose of luck in a few key games, not to mention a few key coaching game moves. A championship team seems to have some weird aura about it. Getting all those pieces to fall in place is very difficult and out of anyone's control. That's why championships are so hard to win in ANY sport.

caphorns
8/15/2006, 08:35 AM
NLT guys.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 08:45 AM
What? 2 time Rose Bowl MVP and MVP of a National Championship game against ESPN's latest greatest team of alltime not enough for you? Sheesh. Lets not forget racking it up against your fairly formidable defense last year.

VY was a great college QB and you guys would cream your panties to have him as your QB this year. As a pro, it's you guys jumping to the immediate conclusion after 1 preseason game (in which most reports are mixed to positive) to say the guy can't play the position. Ludicrosity. Aggy.

Hey, you have no right to talk about my panties or cream for that matter.

Would I be brazen to say that OU actually played ESPN's greatest team of all time and Texas played a team that had a far weaker defense?

OU, with all of the tools that we had, at the time got torched and we beat Texas that year. Last year you were up, we were down and usc was down (still great but not as good as the year they kicked our asses).

Yes, it'd be nice if VY played for OU, but for the sake of trash talking, he is always going to be a really really dumb guy and Jason White got his teeth fixed.

caphorns
8/15/2006, 08:59 AM
Hey, you have no right to talk about my panties or cream for that matter.

Would I be brazen to say that OU actually played ESPN's greatest team of all time and Texas played a team that had a far weaker defense?

OU, with all of the tools that we had, at the time got torched and we beat Texas that year. Last year you were up, we were down and usc was down (still great but not as good as the year they kicked our asses).

Yes, it'd be nice if VY played for OU, but for the sake of trash talking, he is always going to be a really really dumb guy and Jason White got his teeth fixed.

Actually, the ONLY part of your post I have any right to talk about on NLT is your panties and your cream. But I chose not to explore this subject further ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 09:16 AM
Actually, the ONLY part of your post I have any right to talk about on NLT is your panties and your cream. But I chose not to explore this subject further ;)

Thank god for that. Probably the wrong forum.:O

JohnnyMack
8/15/2006, 10:16 AM
I think Cap is spending way too much time talking about panties and cream.

I just don't care for it.

caphorns
8/15/2006, 10:29 AM
Sorry but by the "football" comments in this thread, I'm starting to think some of you may actually be chick trolls.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/15/2006, 10:37 AM
I can't believe no one has posted "is The Fake Roy Williams dropping another pass" or is "Shaun Rogers drawing another 15 yard penalty" I would argue that Mack has beaten one team in his career that had comparable or better talent than his team. You name one team that Mack has beaten where he just coached circles around the other coach.

TexasLidig8r
8/15/2006, 10:44 AM
I can't believe no one has posted "is The Fake Roy Williams dropping another pass" or is "Shaun Rogers drawing another 15 yard penalty" I would argue that Mack has beaten one team in his career that had comparable or better talent than his team. You name one team that Mack has beaten where he just coached circles around the other coach.

Jim Tressell and Ohio St.

Thank you for playing. Your parting gifts are at the door. :D

JohnnyMack
8/15/2006, 11:04 AM

Chizik and VY did that, not :mack:

Partial Qualifier
8/15/2006, 11:12 AM

..neglecting to mention that was Tressel brain-farting in the last 5 minutes... so I guess by default you can call that out-coaching....

Nice one. you're a pretty good lawyer, aren't you? ;)

TexasLidig8r
8/15/2006, 11:15 AM
..neglecting to mention that was Tressel brain-farting in the last 5 minutes... so I guess by default you can call that out-coaching....

So, the new Slim Jim Mackie Mack kept his wits about him when Big Dog Best Coach at Ohio State since Woody roamed the sidelines, with the biggest crowd in Swing State Aggy history and a national teevee audience watchin, choked on the big enchilada????

Oh.. and.. yes I am as a matter of fact. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/15/2006, 11:24 AM
No, Tressel not playing his best qb could be desribed as moronic. Also as easily as USC moved the ball, you can surely see how offensively inept Ohio St. was. Ohio St. did not have more talent than Texas by a long shot. Ohio St had better linebackers..that was about it. But if you notice one thing even if I give you Ohio St.....what do these victories have in common...last year...Did Mack become a Savant after 30 years of coaching? No, he found a player that could take their horrible play calling and turn it into some free balling crazy ***. Also, you guys can't ever call us Aggy for routing against VInce Young...you guys basically wet yourself telling us that Tommie Harris was average on his greatest day.

JohnnyMack
8/15/2006, 11:28 AM
The two best things :mack: evar did were to hire Chizik and to leave Radio the hell alone and just let him do his thing.

caphorns
8/15/2006, 11:43 AM
Also, you guys can't ever call us Aggy for routing against VInce Young...you guys basically wet yourself telling us that Tommie Harris was average on his greatest day.

Jeez. We were plenty aggy before winning the national championship.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/15/2006, 11:57 AM
Well don't worry in 30 years when you win another title, you can stop being aggy for a couple of months again

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 12:29 PM
Aggy or not, I am enjoying this thread...'cept for the panties and cream part.

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2006, 12:40 PM
So, the new Slim Jim Mackie Mack kept his wits about him when Big Dog Best Coach at Ohio State since Woody roamed the sidelines, with the biggest crowd in Swing State Aggy history and a national teevee audience watchin, choked on the big enchilada????

Oh.. and.. yes I am as a matter of fact. ;)

You forgot the "AND IT WAS AT NIGHT TOO!" part.:mack:

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2006, 12:42 PM

God knows he's not a very busy one. Dude lives on this board.

JohnnyMack
8/15/2006, 12:44 PM
God knows he's not a very busy one. Dude lives on this board.

No, it's that the Hospital Waiting Room has WiFi.

Egeo
8/15/2006, 01:28 PM
Are you serious????

Your staement would be somewhat valid if the only game ever played each season is the RRS. However it is not, How is Mack "BAD" on gameday when he has a 20 game winning streak, is undefeated in the BCS, the ONLY team to achieve home-away scoreboard on the entire conference, same amount of NC's as Stoops, the ONLY Coach with 10 straight 9-win or greater seasons, .824 winning percentage in the last 10 years...and thats #1 in the NCAA.
His last 25 games? (24-1)

Get real man
you said bob stoops wasnt doing to well in big games
well the rrs is the biggest regular season game and only fitting that i use it as an example considering the source of the original statement

and since the discussion at hand was "big games", your reply goes to show you need to touch up on rationale

mack has got the same amount of NC's as stoops in like twice as many years of head coaching
go ahead and ride the coattails of your amazing season last year - but let me be teh bearer of bad news: its coming to an end very soon

Jock Ewing
8/15/2006, 01:29 PM
I would say Mack Brown upsetting #6 A&M 1998 with an unranked team in 1998 was beating anothor team with more talent. What being unranked and beating #7 Nebraska in Lincoln in 1998 (breaking their very long home winning streak) was another great example of beating a more talented team. Same thing with beating Nebraska again in 1999 when they were ranked #3 and we were ranked #18. Per most recruiting rankings OU had outrecruited Texas the last 4 years, so you could argue Texas beat a more talented OU team in 2005. Ohio State lost 9 first day draft picks off the team we beat in their house. USC had more talent.

Most Sooners are blind to the fact that Texas has upgraded its assistants and S&C program. And that we ditched our D-coordinator who struggled mightily with OU's (and Tech's) offense. OU has downgraded their coordinators. To think OU enjoys some huge coaching advantage is not true anymore.

Egeo
8/15/2006, 01:35 PM
chiznik is really good - ill give you that
but your ocoord is still the suck

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 01:39 PM
you said bob stoops wasnt doing to well in big games
well the rrs is the biggest regular season game and only fitting that i use it as an example considering the source of the original statement

and since the discussion at hand was "big games", your reply goes to show you need to touch up on rationale

mack has got the same amount of NC's as stoops in like twice as many years of head coaching
go ahead and ride the coattails of your amazing season last year - but let me be teh bearer of bad news: its coming to an end very soon

I find it interesting that the "big games" that are thrown about are the friggin' national championship games. Ok, so we've lost a couple of them recently, but the opponants are the best in the nation.

It's not like OU was playing a conference powerhaus. They were playing the other team that made it to the championship. Great teams... and somone has to lose.

Since Stoops has been here, he's made it to 3 championships and won one. That's incredible and that means he was winning the big games during the year too.

So put that in your pipe and SMOKE IT. Yeah, I said it.

47straight
8/15/2006, 02:08 PM
N

L

T

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2006, 02:10 PM
FTLT.;)

KC//CRIMSON
8/16/2006, 08:53 PM
Remember back when VY used to get pressured and close to being tackled and on the way down he threw a brick up in the air?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xGujOFH2uug

Octavian
8/17/2006, 02:40 AM
I would say Mack Brown upsetting #6 A&M 1998 with an unranked team in 1998 was beating anothor team with more talent. What being unranked and beating #7 Nebraska in Lincoln in 1998 (breaking their very long home winning streak) was another great example of beating a more talented team. Same thing with beating Nebraska again in 1999 when they were ranked #3 and we were ranked #18. Per most recruiting rankings OU had outrecruited Texas the last 4 years, so you could argue Texas beat a more talented OU team in 2005. Ohio State lost 9 first day draft picks off the team we beat in their house. USC had more talent.

Most Sooners are blind to the fact that Texas has upgraded its assistants and S&C program. And that we ditched our D-coordinator who struggled mightily with OU's (and Tech's) offense. OU has downgraded their coordinators. To think OU enjoys some huge coaching advantage is not true anymore.

English mother****er!?

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5065/imagesea8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Do you speak it?

soonermax
8/18/2006, 03:24 PM
While I was gald to see USC get beat in the championship game. You Texas fans have to realize that we played a much better USC team. I mean Fresno state had a field day with their defense and if it weren't for Reggie Bush, they would have lost that game. Look at the past 3 years when OU's defense was stout, they creamated VY. (Just the same way he looked during his pro football debut.) Ya'll got your NC, but without VY, you won't stand a chance because the "Old MACK BROWN STYLE" of coaching will be back. Texas didn't win the championship. VY did

KC//CRIMSON
8/19/2006, 10:07 PM
Wow. InVincible is really tearing Denver a new one.

2/9 15 yards passing
2 rushes for 3yds
1 fumble

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 10:34 PM

Got a ?
If we are so stupid , Why in hell are you here ?
Ill take ENA over radio any day ;)

KC//CRIMSON
8/19/2006, 10:42 PM
Heh. Radio scores his first touchdown, by falling on his own fumble.

olevetonahill
8/19/2006, 10:44 PM
Heh. Radio scores his first touchdown, by falling on his own fumble.
Great I do wish the young man the best :twinkies:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/19/2006, 11:14 PM

Please explain what you find surprising or ironic about that.

David Earl
8/20/2006, 07:19 AM
Tell me the virtues of Mr. Roboto knee again

Making cracks about Jason's knee is neither funny nor cool. Because you are a regular around here you won't get permabanned. A couple days, however, seems in order.

Flagstaffsooner
8/20/2006, 07:29 AM
To the showers Cappy.

KC//CRIMSON
9/8/2008, 06:05 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Nostrdamus! - http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9626003/1

I gotta know. Are they still salivating?

2006 - TD12 INT13
2007 - TD9 INT17
2008 - TD1 INT 2

From the Titan board. These are the nice ones.

I'm sorry. Vince had his shot. He may have been great in college, but the NFL isn't college. He's just not that good. I was thrilled when he went out and they brought Collins in. Probably wouldn't have won w/o him.

vince young is a wine #### that shouldnt be starting, the titans are better with out him, his attitude is similar to Ryan Leaf, only difference is Leaf didnt have a hall of fame in waiting head coach or the playmakers around him, young does

im just glad the titans didnt pick jay cutler instead....vince young lol what a joke.

Vince doesn't have the smarts to play Q.B. in the NFL and he knows it. He'll be a backup for the rest of his career.

I live in Nashville and I also lived in Austin, so being a Titan and Longhorn fan I have really pulled for Vince Young. But I must face the facts ! Vince Young is pathetic. When Albert Haynesworth comes over to the bench and tells Vince Young "I don't want you to go back into the game and neither do most of your teammates" that means everybody is sick of his attitude. Everybody outside of Nashville thinks Vince was just over there in pain. Vince is a punk. There is not a single person that can convince me that we won't be a better football team with Kerry Collins at quaterback !!!

What a disgraced loser. Is he trying to follow in Mike Vicks footsteps???

1st. After watching the replays I think Young just did not want to play anymore.

XingTheRubicon
9/8/2008, 06:15 PM
...still can't throw an out.

Merrill Hoge is still right. Truth hurts sometimes.

mdklatt
9/8/2008, 06:43 PM
Chris Sims: Also ****ty.

KC//CRIMSON
9/9/2008, 02:38 PM
...still can't throw an out.

Merrill Hoge and Greg Doyle are still right. Truth hurts sometimes.

Word.