PDA

View Full Version : Question for cat ******-*******s

Okla-homey
8/12/2006, 03:12 PM
Our cat is sleek.

Daughter left her non-sleek cat with us for the semester because what with football season and sorority doings she will be very busy 'til Thanksgiving anyway and our cats became good buds over the summer and it seemed a shame to split them up.

Anyhoo, that said, her cat is getting fat. Our cat isn't because she just doesn't eat much anyway.

Question in three parts:
1) If sleek cat "A" free-feeds, how do you keep fat cat "B" from bogarting on cat "A's" food?

2) Is it possible not to free-feed cats. IOW, the dog eats once a day. Can you feed cats like that too?

3) If we buy special fat cat food for cat "B" and the already skinny cat "A" eats it will she evaporate?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 03:19 PM
Hah, your dog eats once a day.

Hell, all poor Winston does is eat and sleep. I've never seen a dog in my life that will eat like Winston does and he can smell and sense food from 10 miles away. If I feed him once a day he brings his food dish to me and starts hitting my leg with his paw. And then I feel like I'm being abusive.

Frozen Sooner
8/12/2006, 03:23 PM
Our cat is sleek.

Daughter left her non-sleek cat with us for the semester because what with football season and sorority doings she will be very busy 'til Thanksgiving anyway and our cats became good buds over the summer and it seemed a shame to split them up.

Anyhoo, that said, her cat is getting fat. Our cat isn't because she just doesn't eat much anyway.

Question in three parts:
1) If sleek cat "A" free-feeds, how do you keep fat cat "B" from bogarting on cat "A's" food?

Other than locking B in the bathroom all day, you don't.

2) Is it possible not to free-feed cats. IOW, the dog eats once a day. Can you feed cats like that too?

Yes. Steve's on a diet and only gets a half-cup of food in the morning and at night.

3) If we buy special fat cat food for cat "B" and the already skinny cat "A" eats it will she evaporate?

No, the special food should be nutritionally adequate. Also, get something to exercice cat A. May I suggest a laser pointer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Suggestions made.

Flagstaffsooner
8/12/2006, 03:28 PM
Separate rooms for the the cats for feeding.

Take fat cat for walks on a leash and video it. Funny stuff.

Okla-homey
8/12/2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks. I think the free-feeding will cease and I'll buy some fat cat food.

afs
8/12/2006, 03:31 PM
let cat A and B play in traffic. problem solved.

YWIA

Okla-homey
8/12/2006, 03:33 PM
let cat A and B play in traffic. problem solved.

YWIA

Cat A would gladly but cat B is afraid of the outdoors.

Flagstaffsooner
8/12/2006, 03:34 PM
Homey, alot of it is genetic. Some cats are wide recievers and some cats are offensive linemen. Can fat cat block?:D

mrowl
8/12/2006, 03:35 PM
Cat A would gladly but cat B is afraid of the outdoors.

let cat b play in the garage while you tune the lawn-mower?

Okla-homey
8/12/2006, 03:36 PM
Homey, alot of it is genetic. Some cats are wide recievers and some cats are offensive linemen. Can fat cat block?:D

No, but she appears to be a pretty capable downfield linebacker.

Okla-homey
8/12/2006, 03:37 PM
let cat b play in the garage while you tune the lawn-mower?

I use messicans for lawn-mowage.

Ike
8/12/2006, 09:11 PM
put Cat A's food in a room locked with a combination lock.

don't tell anyone else the combination except cat A.

afs
8/16/2006, 10:03 PM
ttt