PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Casey Stadium (Baylor) Improvements

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 02:40 PM
We've been undergonig some major stadium renovations since the Sooners last played in Waco, and I thought I'd link you to a thread on baylorfans with some pics of one of the cooler improvements. We're putting giant banners around the stadium for our bowl appearances and our former All-Americans (plus 2 coaches).

I know this is a Sooner board for Sooner football, but some of you may be heading down there so I thought I'd give a stadium preview.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105959

soonersam
8/12/2006, 02:42 PM
Bring back the Dixie and BlueBonnet Bowls.....

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 02:43 PM
We've been undergonig some major stadium renovations since the Sooners last played in Waco, and I thought I'd link you to a thread on baylorfans with some pics of one of the cooler improvements. We're putting giant banners around the stadium for our bowl appearances and our former All-Americans (plus 2 coaches).

I know this is a Sooner board for Sooner football, but some of you may be heading down there so I thought I'd give a stadium preview.

now when are you guys gonna get enough fans to fill in that big BAYLOR in the stands??:D i'm just playing, i randomly love baylor as you can tell from my "pick a random team to love" thread

Flagstaffsooner
8/12/2006, 02:44 PM
How 'bout them Dixie Bowl Champs!;)

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 02:48 PM
now when are you guys gonna get enough fans to fill in that big BAYLOR in the stands??:D i'm just playing, i randomly love baylor as you can tell from my "pick a random team to love" thread

We're getting there. Attendance has been steadily increasing since GuyMo took over. When we start winning we'll have butts in the seat (see women's basketball). I just wish we had butts in the seats when we aren't winning.

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 02:49 PM
We're getting there. Attendance has been steadily increasing since GuyMo took over. When we start winning we'll have butts in the seat (see women's basketball). I just wish we had butts in the seats when we aren't winning.
just keep playing us last year and you'll get there sooner or later:(

mrowl
8/12/2006, 02:51 PM
what for?

They should just scrap it and build a stadium on campus if you want to be a (snicker) serious (lmao) football school... :D

soonerinabilene
8/12/2006, 02:57 PM
baylor is actually one of my favorite places to go for a road game. the fans are amazingly good sports, the corn dogs kick arse there, and its a very comfortable stadium. my boss is in waco and he took us to the baylor/ku game when baylor won and the goalposts got ripped down. it was hilarious. i think it was their first big 12 win, or something like that. i've enjoyed every trip i've made there. looking forward to the next one.

Texas
8/12/2006, 02:59 PM
hopefully yall can rush the field again after you beat aggy!

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 03:15 PM
what for?

They should just scrap it and build a stadium on campus if you want to be a (snicker) serious (lmao) football school... :D

I agreed with that until we started renovating the place a few years ago. We've dumped so much money into the place now that if we were going to scrap it and build a new one on campus we should have done it instead of renovating The Case.

The eventual indoor practice field will be on campus.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 03:16 PM

The general concensus now is no rushing the field unless we beat UT.
I'd love to rush the field though for every win against Aggie just to rub the **** in their towel flinging cabana boy faces.

mrowl
8/12/2006, 03:30 PM
I agreed with that until we started renovating the place a few years ago. We've dumped so much money into the place now that if we were going to scrap it and build a new one on campus we should have done it instead of renovating The Case.

The eventual indoor practice field will be on campus.

I thought this stadium was owned by the city? Was it ever?

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 03:31 PM
The general concensus now is no rushing the field unless we beat UT.
I'd love to rush the field though for every win against Aggie just to rub the **** in their towel flinging cabana boy faces.
wouldn't we all:D

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 03:35 PM
I thought this stadium was owned by the city? Was it ever?
They may have owned the current one at one time, but I doubt it. I believe the city did own the "Cotton Palace" which Baylor used to play at until we got our own stadium.

Chuck Bao
8/12/2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the link. It looks good!

I haven't been to a Baylor game since 85.

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 03:42 PM
i gotta say, that's not a bad looking stadium

BoogercountySooner
8/12/2006, 03:52 PM
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/363/taypm8.png

Check out the Blingage on this nucklehead Bear!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 04:11 PM
http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/363/taypm8.png

Check out the Blingage on this nucklehead Bear!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's not me. :D

SeattleOUstudent
8/12/2006, 04:12 PM
yay! Lets plant some flowers and hang some banners!

Let it be noted that this stadium is still better than Tech's hole.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 04:19 PM
yay! Lets plant some flowers and hang some banners!

Let it be noted that this stadium is still better than Tech's hole.

That's just part of the exterior renovation that includes the Grant Teaff plaza plus the interior renovations that include new seating.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 04:23 PM
Here are some mroe pics of the outside with sections of the Grant Teaff plaza.
http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104659&highlight=grant+teaff+plaza

goingoneight
8/12/2006, 11:52 PM

they just about swept all B12 aggies last year! :D

soonercody
8/13/2006, 08:07 AM
Very nice SicEm.

soonerjoker
8/13/2006, 11:07 AM
i've been to last 3 OU games in waco, & it's a great place to go. also, much closer than norman.

MRNOTDUCKS
8/13/2006, 01:22 PM
Wow, you've got to be proud to see all those faces from yesteryear on your stadium facade. What would really put it all into perspective is to see your win/loss record since joining the Big 12 in 15-foot high letters.

It's desperation time in Waco. Baylor is a small school with a bunch of fair-weather fans in a hating-it town where nobody wants to live. The attempts at reviving interest in Baylor football are admirable, but you have to know that if you fail to make it to bowl game this year, your fair-weather fan base isn't going to care about the improvements at "The Case."

My prediction is that your loss against TCU will snap everybody back to reality in waco.

Nice decorations, though.

Sooner24
8/13/2006, 02:35 PM
]http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/363/taypm8.png

That's not me. :D

That's true.

That guy would never drink Zima. ;)

Sooner24
8/13/2006, 02:37 PM
I went down to the BU/NU game last year and they were right in the middle of a lot of the construction. It looks nice.

umberto
8/13/2006, 06:38 PM
I saw a reference for the Gotham Bowl. Man, I've never even heard of that one. Does anyone have any more information on it?

umberto
8/13/2006, 07:03 PM
I saw a reference for the Gotham Bowl. Man, I've never even heard of that one. Does anyone have any more information on it?

Okay, I answered my own question. Here's the info from Wikipedia:

The Gotham Bowl was a post-season college football bowl game that was played in New York City, United States in 1961 and 1962. The games both years were played in Yankee Stadium. The bowl game lost money both years as few fans were willing to sit through the cold weather, so the game was not renewed for 1963.

Results by year:

December 9, 1961 Baylor 24, Utah State 9
December 15, 1962 Nebraska 36, Miami-Florida 34

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2006, 08:17 PM
My god we killed an entire bowl.

olevetonahill
8/13/2006, 09:46 PM
Sic em , If you will get me tickets on the 50 Ill bring a crowd and show you how to drink REAL beer. Plus I think we can teach you to steal with out being caught ! ;)

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2006, 09:54 PM
Sic em , If you will get me tickets on the 50 Ill bring a crowd and show you how to drink REAL beer. Plus I think we can teach you to steal with out being caught ! ;)

lol, tickets on teh 50? Hell man, just walk through the gate and sit wherever the hell you want.

soonerjoker
8/14/2006, 09:21 AM
mrnotnuts

rotten post.

sooneriniowa
8/14/2006, 09:37 AM
A very smart Baylor fan.....

Or so when we defeat a top 10 OU program at the end of the year we can storm the field that much faster and get to the new goal posts before they lower them down......

ok maybe not....

TexasLidig8r
8/14/2006, 09:42 AM
Wow, you've got to be proud to see all those faces from yesteryear on your stadium facade. What would really put it all into perspective is to see your win/loss record since joining the Big 12 in 15-foot high letters.

Or.. all the victories over Texas and OU that Franocchio has had...

or... all the national championships aggsy has won since Hitler was in the Reichsmark...

Oh.. wait...

Jason White's Third Knee
8/14/2006, 10:09 AM
I recognized 2 names out of the 20 giant posters. I always liked the stadium though.

umberto
8/14/2006, 02:08 PM
My god we killed an entire bowl.

No, you left the bowl with a lifetime unbeaten record. :)

ultimatesooner1
8/14/2006, 06:50 PM
I wish we had that pressbox

Desert Sapper
8/14/2006, 07:11 PM
Hey, Baylor is cool as far as I'm concerned because Mike Singletary went there. That guy had to be THE most intense LB I've ever seen live. Like a little friggin' bulldog in the middle. The improvements look nice. Thanks, Sicem.

badger
8/14/2006, 08:06 PM
grrr scary bears
http://www3.baylor.edu/~Ryan_Phipps/SCB.JPG

SicEmBaylor
8/14/2006, 08:37 PM
Look at that sea of tucked in shirts and khakis.

SicEmBaylor
8/15/2006, 01:30 AM

It's desperation time in Waco. Baylor is a small school with a bunch of fair-weather fans in a hating-it town where nobody wants to live. The attempts at reviving interest in Baylor football are admirable, but you have to know that if you fail to make it to bowl game this year, your fair-weather fan base isn't going to care about the improvements at "The Case."

My prediction is that your loss against TCU will snap everybody back to reality in waco.

I didn't even notice the thread had been dirtied up by an Aggie. I'm frankly not worried about our win/loss record nor am I worried about this year's *** rape you morons in maroon are going to recieve this at The Case.

What I am worried about is the money that I have on the over/under of twinkies your "Coach" will be consuming at this year's game.

Texas Golfer
8/15/2006, 11:40 AM
I'm looking forward to Baylor's home opener against TCU when I can see the renovations first hand.

poke4christ
8/15/2006, 12:04 PM
You guys may not really care, but this is what BPS will look like when its done. Many of you will see the West EZ section going up when you visit on Nov 25 for the Bedlam game.

http://www.orangepower.com/wallpapers/2006/football/boone-pickens-stadium-800x600.jpg

Zach

poke4christ
8/15/2006, 12:07 PM
The trash talk by the A&M fan is funny. I actually think that A&M will be the cellar dweller i the Big12 south this year. My guess for baylor, 6-6 with a bowl berth. and 5th in the south.

Zach

Jason White's Third Knee
8/15/2006, 01:58 PM
I hear they are putting in a bidet.
http://www.poopreport.com/Images/Consumer/Content/Bidet/Images/colon_bidet.jpg

poke4christ
8/15/2006, 02:56 PM
Okay, I've been a good sport about this since I got here and I've been nothing but cordial and honest, yet I'm still wondering if it's possible for me to post without receiving stupid redneck jabs at myself and my university. I'm sure this will fall on deft ears, but is it really that hard? Throughout this thread, many posters did the same thing to SicEmBaylor.

..Aw screw it.

Zach

dougsooner
8/15/2006, 04:05 PM
Ah crap, Baylor has hung banners, I'll bet they even lifted weights during the summer, we're screwed....

TexasLidig8r
8/15/2006, 04:32 PM
Wow, you've got to be proud to see all those faces from yesteryear on your stadium facade. What would really put it all into perspective is to see your win/loss record under Franocchio in 15-foot high letters.

It's desperation time in Collie Station. Aggsy is a provincial school with a bunch of fair-weather, whoopin' fock-tard fans in a hating-it town where nobody wants to live. The attempts at reviving interest in aggsy football are admirable, but you have to know that if you fail to make it to bowl game (again) this year, your fair-weather fan base isn't going to care about how many Little Debbies Franocchio can consume in the course of a game.

My prediction is that your loss against the REAL Army will snap everybody back to reality in aggsyland.

Nice dead pet cemetery, though.

I had to.. it was too easy.

SicEmBaylor
10/24/2013, 04:20 AM

http://www.taylorclark.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/picard.jpg

birddog
10/24/2013, 07:15 AM
What'd u expect? Nothin but hardcore OU fans here. I looked. I looked at Eastern Washington's as well.

PrideMom
10/24/2013, 08:55 AM
Waco is better than Lubbock!! At least you do not get filthy from the dirt blowing around. The last time we went to Texas Tech, the cotton fields had been harvested and the dirt was terrible. You felt like you were being sand blasted in the stadium, and then you learn of the cheating with calling first downs when the player is clearly two yards short, and a touch down was called when the player was down before the goal line. Never again!

badger
10/24/2013, 09:40 AM
http://www.taylorclark.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/picard.jpg

Your biggest improvement project to Floyd Casey is the tearing down project. After beating OU it deserves no better :mad:

SicEmBaylor
10/24/2013, 02:49 PM
In hindsight, those renovations were pitiful. Lipstick on a pig....

So thankful for Baylor Stadium opening next season.

birddog
10/25/2013, 09:29 PM
Sickem, it must feel strange enjoying success at Baylor but do u think it's short lived if briles packs his gear and moves on? Yes, a shiny new stadium has to help a pantload but dude, u have to build your fan base and have continued success for another 2 decades before anyone outside of Texas gives u any respect.
Besides OU, the US national team from 1990 to present and the Thunder are the only teams that have given me that excitement that you prolly have now. It's a sweet ride.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2013, 11:51 PM
Sickem, it must feel strange enjoying success at Baylor
It feels very strange. I almost never missed a game from the Steele days when I was a freshman to the GuyMo era to the first couple of years of Briles. I was there for the very lean years. I sat in the stands game after game for years watching an absolute **** show on that field. I'd watch guys like Greg Cicero (Sissyro) throw passes to air....literally. He wouldn't throw to avoid a sack...he'd just make passes to areas of the field where there weren't receivers. We had defensive players who basically stood in place and waited for an offensive player to get close enough that they'd finally attempt a tackle. That's the kind of **** I watched....for years and years.

but do u think it's short lived if briles packs his gear and moves on?
You have to understand something about Baylor and the administration/BOR. For most of the Big 12 years, neither the Board of Regents nor the President gave much of a **** about athletics. This was not entirely true during the SWC years, but our Big 12 leadership were nothing but pig-headed buffoons with their heads up their asses. All of that has completely changed. We have a President, a BOR, and an Athletic Director who now demand and expect success. They demand results for the money they spend on coaches and facilities. I honestly don't know if our next coach will continue Briles success, but I do have a hell of a lot more faith in Baylor's ability to seek out and hire talent now than I did before. We have Briles, Mulkey, and Drew (despite his shortcomings). Our baseball coach is excellent, the tennis coach has a national championship under his belt, and the track coach is one of the most legendary track coaches in college athletics. My point being this: I now trust Baylor to make excellent hiring decisions. This is a drastic change. This Baylor is definitely NOT that Baylor which was a dumpster fire early on.

Yes, a shiny new stadium has to help a pantload but dude, u have to build your fan base and have continued success for another 2 decades before anyone outside of Texas gives u any respect.
I honestly don't give much of a **** whether anyone in Texas or outside of Texas respects us. This is a game. Schools will have up years and down years but every season matters only for that season -- once it's over it's meaningless. The only thing that matters is that we play game to game and win....people will either respect that or they won't. I couldn't give a ****. It's hard to build up a fan base. We have a very small alumni base compared to the larger public degree factories. The only we can get high numbers is by appealing to people who have no connection to Baylor....t-shirt fans if you will. We're getting some which is great if the buy our merchandise and get their asses in the seats. The new stadium is actually smaller capacity than Floyd Casey.

Besides OU, the US national team from 1990 to present and the Thunder are the only teams that have given me that excitement that you prolly have now. It's a sweet ride.
The only thing that used to get me excited was OU. I'd sit in Floyd Casey watching that **** show and then go home and check the OU score or watch their games and suddenly my football Saturday become quite a bit less grim. I'd attend OU games when I could...even hit up a couple of Bedlam games. I have always enjoyed Baylor football. I can only stand and tolerate the loss of one OU game a year................the Baylor game. ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/26/2013, 06:39 AM
It's also worth mentioning, as far as fan support, that the average citizen of Waco absolutely hates Baylor. That's changing a little bit, but it's still a big time struggle to get 'Joe Waco' into the stands of Baylor games. It isn't like Norman or Stillwater or even Austin where everyone is a dye in the wool OU/OSU/UT fan. Waco is mostly a low-income area while Baylor is a private school. You can see why the two go together about like oil and water.

However, the Baylor community has gone to great lengths to court and improve relations with the greater Waco citizens. Seriously though....the more we win the more they want to be a part of what we have going on.