PDA

View Full Version : OU has a new triple-option?

stoopified
8/12/2006, 02:35 PM
No I am not suggesting a return to the bygone days of the 'bone.What I am suggesting is an option play out of the spresd wher the QB(ENA) takes the snap fakes to one back(AP or Gute).then goes down the line with the option to pitch to AD,run it himself or toss a shovel pitch forward to the fake back(AP or GUTE)who has held up in an open space in the center-guard area of the field.Not suggesting this as a major part of the offense just another facet.I have witnessed this type of play before by Utah(I think) and maybe even Northwestern( not sure if Wilson was there for that).Just a thought anyhow.

Sooner-N-KS
8/12/2006, 06:30 PM
I think if we do that with AD and Murray people will be talking about it for years.

SoonerFrance
8/12/2006, 08:15 PM
The possibilities are nearly limitless with such athletic ability at QB, in the backfield, at WR, and, yes, with the OL.

Coaches are among the best in the world. Yes, the world. A triple-option variant with this team's athletes would stymie.

How will young men respond? It all depends on this.

For those who question PT's ability to "be a decent passer", look again at A&M 2003. That's what he looks like when he's confident. He was only a sophmore then.

Give us the low pre-season ranking. Give us the trash talk from the orange shirts. These things give us strength. Like gridiron guerrilla warriors.. :D

The Preach Man
8/12/2006, 08:51 PM
I like the idea...but im not sure about running it with AP. Now if we ran it with AD it would be awesome.

goingoneight
8/12/2006, 11:29 PM
Does anyone besides me think that Allen Patrick could be a more dominant reciever than RB??? I like the guy's moves and his athletic resume speaks volumes, Stoops said he's a great reciever, but we have yet to see him really open it up on anyone except Puke State (who I remind, was the worst in the conference in 2005). Just askin'...

Egeo
8/13/2006, 06:12 AM
running that play some would be nice
texam killed us with it last year