PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

soonersam
8/12/2006, 12:23 PM
Or does it feel great to have some football on TV.?? I was having drinks last night with friends and all I could do was stare at the ATL vs NE preseason game... Hypnotized by the green grass and helmets !!

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 02:45 PM
Or does it feel great to have some football on TV.?? I was having drinks last night with friends and all I could do was stare at the ATL vs NE preseason game... Hypnotized by the green grass and helmets !!
i'm with you. i'm so ready for football that i don't care what level it is, who's playing, or whether it actually matters or not. i just sit and admire the beautiful uniforms, and as you already mentioned, that beautiful, green grass.:D

umberto
8/12/2006, 03:42 PM
I watched nearly the entire Hall of Fame game, just because I missed football, any football, so badly. Football = happiness! :D

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 03:43 PM
I watched nearly the entire Hall of Fame game, just because I missed football, any football, so badly. Football = happiness! :D
same here. i'm going to the scrimmage tonight to help quench my thirst for football.:D

soonersam
8/12/2006, 03:53 PM
Football = Happiness.. I agree, but have you tried drinking and football ?? That = everlasting perfection!!

Flagstaffsooner
8/12/2006, 04:16 PM
Football = Happiness.. I agree, but have you tried drinking and football ?? That = everlasting perfection!!Breakfast of champions!

jackietreehorn
8/12/2006, 04:46 PM
why can't football season be as long as baseball season?

i bet divorce rates would double.

soonersam
8/12/2006, 05:23 PM

Undefeated season would be 162-0 and we would play all the Big12 teams 10 times each...

AllAboutThe'O'
8/12/2006, 05:31 PM

Heck, why can't they be as long as the NHL and NBA seasons? I hear the hockey and basketball players are about to open up training camp shortly.

lsu_fan_in_ok
8/12/2006, 06:01 PM
there is nothing like saturdays during the fall....I enjoy sitting back on my couch and drinking some cold ones watching college football all day . It never gets old.......FOOTBALL #1

umberto
8/12/2006, 07:14 PM
Can we at least add a Canadian College Football league? I'd even put up with some wacky rules to watch College Football all year long.

umberto
8/12/2006, 07:15 PM
Football = Happiness.. I agree, but have you tried drinking and football ?? That = everlasting perfection!!

Football + Drinking + Hot Chicks = UTOPIA!! :D

Rhino
8/12/2006, 09:48 PM
I'm getting into the football mode.

I'm watching the Green Bay / San Diego game. SD is cutting through GB's OLine like butter. Favre is going to be 80 before the season is over.

KC//CRIMSON
8/12/2006, 10:07 PM
Preseason NFL is okay I guess. But after a while, it's like watching the scrub season of '87.

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 10:47 PM
while i'd like the college football season to be longer, would we wanna put up with games in a stadium of 85,000 in 105 degree whether for three straight months in the summer? well, my answer is: HECK YEAH!!!!!

goingoneight
8/12/2006, 11:20 PM
Undefeated season would be 162-0 and we would play all the Big12 teams 10 times each...

Heh, I just got a snap-shot image of Texas fans after 10 consecutive losses in the Cotton Bowl. IN ONE YEAR!!!

Geekboy
8/12/2006, 11:56 PM
College football is Gods greatest gift (other than Jesus) to mankind.

proudsoonergal
8/13/2006, 12:02 AM

I'd say Amen!

soonersam
8/13/2006, 01:39 PM
we are blessed.... women, beer, football, jack & Cokes, spring football, more beer, and the earth is cool too...

umberto
8/13/2006, 06:56 PM
we are blessed.... women, beer, football, jack & Cokes, spring football, more beer, and the earth is cool too...

Always good to count your blessings. Do we need to add dogs and burgers on the tailgate grill to your list?

AllAboutThe'O'
8/13/2006, 09:30 PM
Can we at least add a Canadian College Football league? I'd even put up with some wacky rules to watch College Football all year long.
They play college football up in Canada, apparently with the same rules applied to the CFL. If I'm not mistaken, Stacey Dales' brother played football for one of the Canadian universities.

umberto
8/13/2006, 09:50 PM
They play college football up in Canada, apparently with the same rules applied to the CFL. If I'm not mistaken, Stacey Dales' brother played football for one of the Canadian universities.

Does the season run at the same time as the CFL?

AllAboutThe'O'
8/13/2006, 10:25 PM
Does the season run at the same time as the CFL?
I don't know, I'm not what you would call a Canadian college football enthusiast.
I do like how the CFL starts the season in June or July, so those needing a football fix (even the three-down variety) can check it out. I've got Cox Sports Television (based in Louisiana) on my cable system and they're showing the CFL games.
One head-scratching question: How the heck does one get a rouge (one point)?

jackietreehorn
8/15/2006, 02:11 PM

no way dude, we'd still only play on saturdays, not 4-5 games a week like baseball. we'd play every big 12 team and 4 or 5 non-conference. i really think i'm on to something here. wives across the country would unite and petition against us though, i'm certain of it, they may even march on washington.

ultimatesooner1
8/15/2006, 03:35 PM
no way dude, we'd still only play on saturdays, not 4-5 games a week like baseball. we'd play every big 12 team and 4 or 5 non-conference. i really think i'm on to something here. wives across the country would unite and petition against us though, i'm certain of it, they may even march on washington.

hopefully they pick a Saturday to do that

soonersam
8/15/2006, 04:45 PM
hopefully they pick a Saturday to do that
we would still need the Thursday night game