PDA

View Full Version : Further Proof that Skip Bayless is an Idiot

soonerboy112
8/12/2006, 12:04 PM
..as if further proof was necessary

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060811

he seems to think that if the pouty little punk had gotten his way and been allowed to go to the nfl after his freshman year that he wouldn't be in any trouble...skip never ceases to amaze me with his stupidity

Blues1
8/12/2006, 12:22 PM
Another "IF ONLY" -- Well how about this One --- Too bad Eve had to eat an Apple ---- :pop:

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/12/2006, 12:24 PM
If only Bayless's mom HADN"T allowed early entry in her vagina for Bayless's dad...now there is something that would have been good for society!

soonerinabilene
8/12/2006, 12:42 PM
some of the more idiotic quotes from the article:

Maybe, if Clarett could have gone straight from carrying Ohio State to a national championship as a freshman into an NFL backfield the next year, none of this would have happened.
(yeah, and maybe if he hadnt gotten suspended for a year from school he could have gone through the draft with another year of experience and actually been in shape when he did it!)

"Some 18-year-olds are good enough to play pro football"
uh, no skip, they are not. even ad would have been killed as an 18 yr old in the nfl, and he his 1000x better than clarett.

If he had been able to go straight into pro football, and he had landed with the right coach and system, Maurice Clarett would have turned out to be one of the NFL's barely controllable, very successful thugs. Maybe he would have had a few brushes with the law -- a DUI here, a nightclub fight there.

i know he went there after getting fat and slow, but if mike shannahan cuts you, you pretty much cant run the ball in the nfl. plain and simple, shannahan can coach almost anybody into a good nfl running back. when he cut clarett, that told me that mike saw no future for potential. and when it comes to nfl running backs, i'll take shannahans implied words over skippy's written words.

Ash
8/12/2006, 12:50 PM
If only Bayless's mom HADN"T allowed early entry in her vagina for Bayless's dad...now there is something that would have been good for society!

:eek: :D :D :eek: :D

royalfan5
8/12/2006, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the real reason the terrorist hate us is because of Skip Bayless.

stoopified
8/12/2006, 02:16 PM
I'm pretty sure the real reason the terrorist hate us is because of Skip Bayless.:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/12/2006, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sure the real reason the terrorist hate us is because of Skip Bayless.

If that is true...it is the first time I can agree with Islamic fundamentalist!

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 02:40 PM
If that is true...it is the first time I can agree with Islamic fundamentalist!
that's a whole new thought to ponder on:D

umberto
8/12/2006, 03:27 PM
It seems to me that troubled players don't necessarily become angels just because they make it to the NFL. To say that he would be "saved" is to give him way too much credit. His sense of entitlement would have only gotten worse once he made it to the NFL. He is damaged goods, pure and simple.

Dio
8/12/2006, 04:11 PM
Skip Bayless watches Rocky IV and pulls for the Russian dude.

Soonerwolf
8/13/2006, 09:35 AM
..as if further proof was necessary

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060811

he seems to think that if the pouty little punk had gotten his way and been allowed to go to the nfl after his freshman year that he wouldn't be in any trouble...skip never ceases to amaze me with his stupidity

Who needed further proof? ESPN (Trojan lovers extrodinaire) allow such mindless garbage like Bayless because he routinely goes after OU much to the network's delight.

The only voice of reason is Kirk H. who gives OU a fair analysis, not tainted. I want ESPN personalities to select against OU each week simply so they can eat more crow as each win looms bigger and bigger.

Soonerus
8/13/2006, 09:38 AM
totally illogical...

sanantoniosooner
8/13/2006, 09:40 AM
Could somebody refresh my memory........

Which reporter do we agree with all of the time?

Falconnius
8/13/2006, 09:52 AM
More proof. He denounces the wrong Eddie Johnson on Cold Pizza for child molestation. Do some reearch before you spout off your pie hole Bayless...

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0810p2main0810.html

• Skip Bayless. While subbing in Wednesday on Jim Rome's radio show, Bayless talked about Eddie Johnson's arrest on sexual-assault charges in Florida. For three to four minutes - a talk-show eternity - Bayless thought he was talking about the Eddie Johnson who starred for the Suns and now works for them as broadcaster. Bad thinking. Instead, charges were filed against the Eddie Johnson who played for Atlanta, Cleveland and Seattle. When he discovered his mistake, Bayless sounded like he had a mouthful of cold pizza.

umberto
8/13/2006, 10:03 AM
More proof. He denounces the wrong Eddie Johnson on Cold Pizza for child molestation. Do some reearch before you spout off your pie hole Bayless...

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0810p2main0810.html

• Skip Bayless. While subbing in Wednesday on Jim Rome's radio show, Bayless talked about Eddie Johnson's arrest on sexual-assault charges in Florida. For three to four minutes - a talk-show eternity - Bayless thought he was talking about the Eddie Johnson who starred for the Suns and now works for them as broadcaster. Bad thinking. Instead, charges were filed against the Eddie Johnson who played for Atlanta, Cleveland and Seattle. When he discovered his mistake, Bayless sounded like he had a mouthful of cold pizza.

Nice. He spent 3 to 4 minutes ripping the wrong guy, and probably 10 seconds appologizing. If I were the Suns' EJ, I'd sue him for Libel. Either that or I'd beat the crap out of him. He could sell it on Pay-per-view here in Oklahoma. :)

BillyBall
8/13/2006, 10:34 AM
Could somebody refresh my memory........

Which reporter do we agree with all of the time?

I think it is Mike ******.....

soonerjoker
8/13/2006, 10:59 AM
Bayless grandmother was a "slumlord" in my hometown; many,many
years ago.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/13/2006, 12:32 PM
I think journalism in sports has gone from thoughtful analysis to basically people trying to enrage as many people as possible. It is kind of like these 24 hour news stations using the Bill O'Reilly's and Al Franken's of the world. Pretty much there is very few that I really respect anymore. I think Kirk Herbstreit is seemingly fair and when he isn't, he will be the first to admit it. Bob Costas is the example all of them should go by. This is a man who shows dignity and class. One of the reasons I believe that Costas is so good is just because simply he loves it.

JLB
8/13/2006, 01:07 PM
Me and the boys from Cruzen Drilling Rig #5 would like to personally invite
Skip Bayless to a Jose Cuervo induced Pinata party.
After getting the little bastard **** faced,we would hang him from the
winch line and beat him with pipe wrenches until he explodes.
Or until he confesses that he is a hermaphrodite.Which ever comes first.

GottaHavePride
8/13/2006, 02:27 PM
Skip Bayless watches Rocky IV and pulls for the Russian dude.

Skip Bayless sits down when he pees.

Ash
8/13/2006, 02:35 PM
I think journalism in sports has gone from thoughtful analysis to basically people trying to enrage as many people as possible. It is kind of like these 24 hour news stations using the Bill O'Reilly's and Al Franken's of the world. Pretty much there is very few that I really respect anymore. I think Kirk Herbstreit is seemingly fair and when he isn't, he will be the first to admit it. Bob Costas is the example all of them should go by. This is a man who shows dignity and class. One of the reasons I believe that Costas is so good is just because simply he loves it.

Couldnt' agree more. I think one of the problems is that sports journalists have come to think of themselves as the celebrities and are just as important as the athletes they cover or are as much a part of the story as the athletes they cover. It's about self-promotion and garnering attention for themselves - best way to do that is to be "controversial" or talk about "hot button" issues.

Lame :mad: :twinkies: :mad: :twinkies:

ashley
8/13/2006, 03:39 PM
He watches Hillary Clinton on TV and plays with himself.

umberto
8/13/2006, 04:12 PM
He watches Hillary Clinton on TV and plays with himself.

Yuuuuuckkk! That be nasty...

umberto
8/13/2006, 04:13 PM
He secretly watches ballet and stares at the cod pieces.