PDA

View Full Version : Dear tiny little Asian girl standing in front of me at Walmart...........

SOONER44EVER
8/11/2006, 06:57 PM
.............Learn to speak English and learn to count American money before you get in line again. And no, like the cashier told you, a college ID isn't the same as a driver's license, Thank you. :mad:

Flagstaffsooner
8/11/2006, 06:58 PM
How much for fukkie sukkie?

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2006, 07:09 PM
How much for fukkie sukkie?
two dolla

Big Red Ron
8/11/2006, 07:14 PM
Me so honay

Big Red Ron
8/11/2006, 07:15 PM
No Bi Re Rohn...Too buku, too Buku.

;)

Soonerbabeinbama
8/11/2006, 07:39 PM
.............Learn to speak English and learn to count American money before you get in line again. And no, like the cashier told you, a college ID isn't the same as a driver's license, Thank you. :mad:
wow - that's pretty harsh sooner44ever.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/11/2006, 07:49 PM
God I love tiny little Asian girls....I work with one..yeah!!!

Newbomb Turk
8/11/2006, 07:55 PM
maybe they should make it a pre-req to be able to count money before you get said college id.

Big Red Ron
8/11/2006, 08:14 PM
God I love tiny little Asian girls....I work with one..yeah!!!Suckey suckey?

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2006, 08:21 PM
maybe they should make it a pre-req to be able to count money before you get said college id.
She's obviously an OU student

Newbomb Turk
8/11/2006, 08:22 PM
She's obviously an OU student

:mad:

:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/11/2006, 08:29 PM
Well she may have JUST got here. Since school is starting back, so I Imagine she hasn't made any friends and is probably scared and trying to figure things out.

Rusher
8/11/2006, 08:33 PM
Give her a break. Everyone had his own share as a dumb*ss noob at some point in the past. It might be a new thing for her to be in different country and adapt quickly. Ain't easy task, my friend.

Soonrboy
8/11/2006, 08:39 PM
How dare she come out of her house not knowing how to count money or speak English. Why didn't someone just shoot her?

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/11/2006, 08:40 PM
Well to be fair...they should train these people better before they even come over

BoogercountySooner
8/11/2006, 08:43 PM
Well to be fair...they should train these people better before they even come over

Who is they?

RacerX
8/11/2006, 08:44 PM
44 was askin' for it. He went into Wal-Mart.

Newbomb Turk
8/11/2006, 08:44 PM
Who is they?

duh - the trainers.

;)

Soonrboy
8/11/2006, 08:46 PM
Maybe they should have classes in foreign countries on how not to **** off Americans standing in line at Wal-Mart.

Why was she showing her driver's license and counting out money?

BoogercountySooner
8/11/2006, 08:48 PM
duh - the trainers.

;)

Ah thanks Turk! So there are tiny little Asian girl trainers out there!:(

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/11/2006, 09:01 PM
I just mean basically, there has to be a department in charge of foreign student. They do like a big brother program but that doesn't help them there first few weeks over here.

yermom
8/12/2006, 12:43 AM
there is like "International Programs" or somesuch

a lot of the international students have pretty tight groups, i don't know how long it takes to get introduced to them though...

Rusher
8/12/2006, 12:55 AM
Asian students tend to hang out with their own groups. It's kinda hard to penetrate, like the Great Wall of China.

SicEmBaylor
8/12/2006, 04:07 AM
My fish year roommate was Taiwanese. His first and middle name is, "Roger Frank" which I thought a rather blatant attempt to Americanize him. :D

Anyway, really great guy. He was into the whole Asian wannabe gangsta thing. He joined the Asian frat and they had a ghetto themed party so he goes out and buys like $300.00 worth of new clothes to try and look "ghetto."
I believe his dad, no jokes, owns some sort of noodle factory.

Oddly enough, Baylor has a fair number of Asians but they mostly keep to themselves. Now, my bestfriend also had an Asian roommate but he was like 4th generation American and not the least bit Asian in anyway. In fact, he didn't even like Asians. This put him in rather bad standing with the Asian community at Baylor so they started calling him "bannana" for being yellow on the outside but white on the inside.

Roger was a great guy but some of his friends gave me the creeps especially this Korean friend of his.

ouflak
8/12/2006, 05:04 AM
I remember being an exchange student. It was some rough going at first. This thread actually reminds me of one incident with correct change and trying get the right kind of bus ticket. I'm still perplexed by that scene.

She'll figure things out eventually. It will just take time.

One other thing, they don't have 'trainers' for the American version of foreign students either. I think it wouldn't hurt though, to teach humility for some, and to teach others how to deal with strange public situations.

SOONER44EVER
8/12/2006, 06:07 AM
wow - that's pretty harsh sooner44ever.
If you were there you'd understand. She held the line up, was rude to the cashier and the other customers and acted like she could care less.

SOONER44EVER
8/12/2006, 06:09 AM
Well she may have JUST got here. Since school is starting back, so I Imagine she hasn't made any friends and is probably scared and trying to figure things out.
She had 2 friends with her who did speak English and who could count money but she wouldn't listen to them either.

SOONER44EVER
8/12/2006, 06:12 AM
Maybe they should have classes in foreign countries on how not to **** off Americans standing in line at Wal-Mart.

Why was she showing her driver's license and counting out money?
She tried to write a check first with no driver's license. The cashier and her friends told her at least 5 times she couldn't do that.

SOONER44EVER
8/12/2006, 06:15 AM
44 was askin' for it. He went into Wal-Mart.
I knew that would come up eventually. I have an excuse. My wife made me do it. She and the kids waited in the car while I waited in line.

SoonerBorn68
8/12/2006, 06:45 AM
Asian students tend to hang out with their own groups. It's kinda hard to penetrate, like the Great Wall of China.

Little, tiny Asian girls that are hard to penetrate...heh.

OUinFLA
8/12/2006, 06:59 AM
I knew that would come up eventually. I have an excuse. My wife made me do it. She and the kids waited in the car while I waited in line.

Don't you have any more one-at-a-time-post reasons to explain your life experience?
I mean, after all, bandwidth and storage space are free and stuff.

did your walmart only have one line open? that's happened at my nearest one. 28 check out registers, one clerk.

Okla-homey
8/12/2006, 07:04 AM
A couple of observations:

1) Wally World is Wally World. We all have horror stories. Complaining about things there is pointless, therefore is say, "What happens at Wal-Mart stays in Wal-Mart.":D

2) Its sometimes annoying when furriners don't act like folks born here, but our society is confusing to folks from other places...especilly tiny asians.

SOONER44EVER
Don't you have any more one-at-a-time-post reasons to explain your life experience?
I mean, after all, bandwidth and storage space are free and stuff.

did your walmart only have one line open? that's happened at my nearest one. 28 check out registers, one clerk.
Actually I just do the Walmart replies 1 at a time. I think there are like 32 registers and I counted 4 open.

fadada1
maybe she could learn to count by getting a job at big red.

i got nuthin'

Taxman71
8/12/2006, 08:03 AM
If she really is new to OU, you will have your revenge when she tries to drive down Lindsey Street at noon here in a couple of weeks. That will be 2 hours she will never get back.

Ash
8/12/2006, 08:18 AM
If she really is new to OU, you will have your revenge when she tries to drive down Lindsey Street at noon here in a couple of weeks. That will be 2 hours she will never get back.

heh......:(

noleamite
8/12/2006, 11:26 AM
Walmart is the debil

Rusher
8/12/2006, 12:23 PM
Little, tiny Asian girls that are hard to penetrate...heh.

Ah that brings me memories :D

Rusher
8/12/2006, 12:25 PM

That doesn't count, bro cuz everybody is driving down there, too.

Big Red Ron
8/12/2006, 01:05 PM
I knew that would come up eventually. I have an excuse. My wife made me do it. She and the kids waited in the car while I waited in line.http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/guyver_gigantic/pwn3d.jpg

Rusher
8/12/2006, 03:00 PM
Love the pic: :D

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/guyver_gigantic/pwn3d.jpg

SOONER44EVER
8/12/2006, 08:05 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f35/guyver_gigantic/pwn3d.jpg

I knew it the second she asked me if I wanted her and the kids to just wait in the car. Deep down she really meant "Get your *** in there and hurry up".

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/12/2006, 08:30 PM
Oh oh oh ohoo little china girl

I could escape this feeling, with my china girl
I feel a wreck without my, little china girl
I hear her heart beating, loud as thunder
Saw the stars crashing

Im a mess without my, little china girl
Wake up mornings wheres my, little china girl
I hear hearts beating, loud as thunder
I saw they stars crashing down

I feel an tragic like an marlon brando
When I look at my china girl
I could pretend that nothing really meant too much
When I look at my china girl

I stumble into town just like a sacred cow
Visions of swastikas in my head
Plans for everyone
Its in the white of my eyes

My little china girl
You shouldnt mess with me
Ill ruin everything you are
Ill give you television
Ill give you eyes of blue
Ill give you men who want to rule the world

And when I get excited
My little china girl says
Oh baby just you shut your mouth
She says ... sh
She says
She says

And when I get excited
And when I get excited
She says ... sh
She says

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/12/2006, 08:32 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGK109%7EGail-Kim-072-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Don't mess with little Asian Girls ;)

Rusher
8/12/2006, 08:47 PM
Who's that blonde bombshell?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/13/2006, 04:10 AM
If you were there you'd understand. She held the line up, was rude to the cashier and the other customers and acted like she could care less.

So she was acting like a normal Asian from asia/pacific...

Nothing new here...

Chuck Bao
8/13/2006, 05:05 AM
I love cursing in Cantonese just loud enough so they can hear me. I don't look at them when I'm saying it and they normally can't figure out who was wanting to fornicate with their mother.

But, of course that only works for Hong Kong Chinese and those from Guangdong province.

GDC
8/13/2006, 04:35 PM
What if you're in line and there's a gorgeous and apparently single mom with her two little ones in front of you. She keeps having to put back the food and clothes she's trying to buy for the kids because her card keeps getting rejected. Is it okay to help her out? Is it a scam? Is it okay to think in terms of nailing it at some point if you help her out now?

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2006, 04:42 PM
What if you're in line and there's a gorgeous and apparently single mom with her two little ones in front of you. She keeps having to put back the food and clothes she's trying to buy for the kids because her card keeps getting rejected. Is it okay to help her out? Is it a scam? Is it okay to think in terms of nailing it at some point if you help her out now?

I've sorta done that before but my motivation was getting through the damned line and out of the store faster.

Chuck Bao
8/13/2006, 04:46 PM
Go for it, gdc!

But somehow, the dear tiny little Asian chick sounds better to me.

If we pool our talents, maybe we can come up with Walmart checkout pickup lines in several Asian languages.

GDC
8/13/2006, 04:49 PM
I've sorta done that before but my motivation was getting through the damned line and out of the store faster.

Well, there's that, and then the strictly humanitarian notion. It was probably some of all three for me, but I didn't help her out, because I couldn't help but think she had pulled something like this before. She kinda had that dancer/street-wise look about her, but she was definitely hot.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/14/2006, 11:26 AM
I am surprised no one said "me wove you wong time"

mdklatt
8/14/2006, 11:42 AM
I am surprised no one said "me wove you wong time"

Get it straight: "Me rove you rong time." Geez.