PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sooners: Browns

Archangel
8/11/2006, 04:48 PM
For those who didn't get to watch the game and those who care, all 3 Cleveland Browns Sooners played well in their first preseason game.

Perkins played great. I don't think he gave up a pass all night. Looked way better than he did last year. I heard he had a real hard time adapting to the scheme last year, thus limiting him to action in 1 game last year. Looks to be a real contributer this year.

Pool played great too. Sean Jones started the game at SS, but seems like Pool played the majority of the snaps. I don't think they've decided on a starter yet. I don't think Pool gave up a pass all night either. He had a crucial stop on 2nd and goal where he drove back the running back backwards at the 1. I thought for a minute he was going to get trucked, but he stood him up. Eagles had an incomplete pass on 3rd down forcing a FG. Later, Pool recovered what was originally ruled a fumble, but it was overturned on a challenge.

Wilson had one diving grab for 26 yards, but he didn't even get into the game til the 4th quarter with the 4th string QB throwing to him. I didn't finish watching the whole game, but as far as I saw, he didn't have any dropped passes.

critical_phil
8/11/2006, 05:41 PM
i watched a little of the replay this afternoon. perk and pool both got in on the first series with the #1's.

DrZaius
8/11/2006, 06:36 PM
Wilson had one diving grab for 26 yards, but he didn't even get into the game til the 4th quarter with the 4th string QB throwing to him.

I find that odd because his camp reports have been to the tune that he will probably start. They love him up there.