PDA

View Full Version : Scariest, Most Disturbing Movie EVAR as a CHILD?

TopDaugIn2000
8/11/2006, 03:52 PM
For me, Children of the Corn movies. Thanks to my much older brother, I got to watch all of them and have many many nightmares as a kid.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/11/2006, 03:53 PM
Harry and the Henderson's

Wizard of Oz

TopDaugIn2000
8/11/2006, 03:54 PM
he also introduced me to all of the Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St, Jaws, Faces of Death, and Steven King movies (Cujo and Pet Cemetery) movies before I even turned 10.

Viking Kitten
8/11/2006, 03:58 PM
Remember 'Salem's Lot, a TV movie of the Steven King novel starring the dude who played Hutch? Remember that part where the little dead kid sits up in his coffin because he's actually a vampire?

I remember being traumatized by that.

BoogercountySooner
8/11/2006, 03:59 PM
Ghost and Mr. Chicken. IB4OU2 was watching it with me and yelled ghost then he ran into the bathroom and I was skeered and pounded holes in the BAthroom door then Momma pounded IB4OU2's Butt with a belt!:D :D

Least ways that's the way I remember it.

That is All!!

GDC
8/11/2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/images/dvd/lgndboggycrk.jpg

Grimey
8/11/2006, 04:01 PM
still scared by it. Poltergeist!

Partial Qualifier
8/11/2006, 04:03 PM
Wizard of Oz

Wixard of Oz scared the crap out of me until I was like 10 or something.

Actually I loved the movie, but the part where the wizard's head was projected up onto the wall and all that stuff... I'd run to another room

Fugue
8/11/2006, 04:03 PM
Remember 'Salem's Lot, a TV movie of the Steven King novel starring the dude who played Hutch? Remember that part where the little dead kid sits up in his coffin because he's actually a vampire?

I remember being traumatized by that.

same show but when that kid/vampire floats up to the window. this movie freaked me out. :O

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/11/2006, 04:05 PM
I was 5, I think, first scary movie I remember. It was "The Day The Earth Stood Still", and I was TERRIFIED!

Viking Kitten
8/11/2006, 04:06 PM
same show but when that kid/vampire floats up to the window. this movie freaked me out. :O

Oh yeah... that whole movie freaked me out. WTF lets their kids watch stuff like that? Jebus. No wonder I'm so twisted. :D

IB4OU2
8/11/2006, 04:08 PM
To Kill A Mockingbird-

When Scout fell over in her ham costume while being attacked but then Boo saved her.......I still remember that scene, I think I was 4 or 5 years old then.

crawfish
8/11/2006, 04:08 PM
Wizard of Oz

Word.

I had flying monkey nightmares until I was twelve. :)

Fugue
8/11/2006, 04:10 PM
Oh yeah... that whole movie freaked me out. WTF lets their kids watch stuff like that? Jebus. No wonder I'm so twisted. :D

heh, indeed. :)
there where groundings given out to my sisters for letting me see this.

movie is still scary

jeremy885
8/11/2006, 04:21 PM
For me, Children of the Corn movies. Thanks to my much older brother, I got to watch all of them and have many many nightmares as a kid.

Not a movie, but the dog in our avie is pretty disturbing.

StoopTroup
8/11/2006, 04:22 PM
In Cold Blood. I was 8 when this came out.
http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/18/212218_thumb.jpghttp://static.flickr.com/49/109265615_ee3d72c6a8_m.jpg
The 1967 film In Cold Blood was based on Truman Capote's book of the same name. Richard Brooks prepared the adaptation and directed the film. Some scenes were filmed on the locations of the original events, in Garden City and Holcomb, Kansas including the Clutter residence, the site of the murders. The film stars Robert Blake as Perry Smith, Scott Wilson as Dick Hickock, and John Forsythe as Alvin Dewey. Although the film is in parts faithful to the book, Brooks also created a fictional character, "The Reporter" and shaped the story to convey an anti-death penalty message. This was, perhaps, the first commercially released film in the US to use the word 'S*it'. The film was nominated for four Academy Awards: directing, original score, cinematography and adapted screenplay.

goodonya
8/11/2006, 04:24 PM
I'm with W. Favor. "The day the earth stood still" prevented me from sleeping. At the end with Gort standing there on the verge of destroying the earth I was scared stiff. When I finally heard "Klaatu barada nikto" and saw the visor cover Gort's 'eye' I could breath again. Strangely enough, I find myself watching it occasionally with the lights on in my house.

TopDaugIn2000
8/11/2006, 04:25 PM

:mad:

8/11/2006, 04:29 PM
I'm with W. Favor. "The day the earth stood still" prevented me from sleeping. At the end with Gort standing there on the verge of destroying the earth I was scared stiff. When I finally heard "Klaatu barada nikto" and saw the visor cover Gort's 'eye' I could breath again. Strangely enough, I find myself watching it occasionally with the lights on in my house.After all the horror movies that have come along since then, that movie was child's play. But, at the time, I was totally petrified.(you must be an old codger, too!)

IB4OU2
8/11/2006, 04:31 PM
:mad:

He's a cute pup TD!

TopDaugIn2000
8/11/2006, 04:32 PM
He's a cute pup TD!

thanks

he really is a monster. but he's my monster.

IB4OU2
8/11/2006, 04:35 PM
thanks

he really is a monster. but he's my monster.

We have a couple of our own they're a mess but we love 'em.

OzarkSooner
8/11/2006, 04:37 PM
There was this movie about a lady who was in a car accident or something and it cut her head off. This scientist who was her boyfriend picked the head up off the highway went to the lab and popped it in solution. It lived of course and he spent the rest of the movie trying to find a new body for the head. There was some kind of experiment/monster living in a closet that ripped the doctor's arm off near the end of the movie...all too chilling when you're about 7 or 8 years old. I can't remember the name of it.

Pricetag
8/11/2006, 04:40 PM
Red Dawn scared the bejeezus out of me from that first text scroll that read:

UNITED STATES STANDS ALONE.

Then we go right to the paratroopers landing and slaughtering the teacher and half the class without as much as a word. Then there's the frantic run to the mountains, followed by the scene of the internment camp at the old drive in theater, and also the scene where all the dads are mowed down while singing "Oh Beautiful."

I was convinced it could actually happen back then.

stoops the eternal pimp
8/11/2006, 04:41 PM

Malachi he wants you too....

Rhino
8/11/2006, 04:45 PM
The Secret of NIMH

Sooner98
8/11/2006, 04:51 PM
The Day After caused many a sleepless night for me as a twelve year old. I would nearly crap my pants every time I heard our town's alarms being tested, for the next couple of years.

Pricetag
8/11/2006, 04:54 PM
The Day After caused many a sleepless night for me as a twelve year old. I would nearly crap my pants every time I heard our town's alarms being tested, for the next couple of years.
Dude, I was 25 the first time I saw that flick (missed it when it was originally aired, thank God), and it messed me up for like a week.

OzarkSooner
8/11/2006, 04:56 PM
There was this movie about a lady who was in a car accident or something and it cut her head off. This scientist who was her boyfriend picked the head up off the highway went to the lab and popped it in solution. It lived of course and he spent the rest of the movie trying to find a new body for the head. There was some kind of experiment/monster living in a closet that ripped the doctor's arm off near the end of the movie...all too chilling when you're about 7 or 8 years old. I can't remember the name of it.

Okay, I did some research and the movie was called, The Brain That Wouldn't Die. The synopsis said that the head's husband was the scientist and also that there were STRIPPERS involved. I don't remember there being strippers, my sister probably shielded my eyes through that part OR they cut it out for TV. Here's a link to the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052646/

StoopTroup
8/11/2006, 05:02 PM
When "Fritz the Cat" came out...

I was disturbed as to how well endowed cats were. :eek:

It was X Rated when it came out to the Theatres.

OUHOMER
8/11/2006, 05:24 PM
the Exorcist.. When it first came out it scared me to the death. Now i just laugh when i see it.

8/11/2006, 05:28 PM
Have'ta be "CARRIE" for me. I was all of 9 when that thing came out. I'm still working out a lawsuit againt my dad if any non-horn attorneys care to collect on a slight percentage of the mega-bucks a 75 year old Korea Vet collects each month.

8/11/2006, 05:52 PM
When "Fritz the Cat" came out...

I was disturbed as to how well endowed cats were. :eek:

It was X Rated when it came out to the Theatres.I'll have whatever it is he's taking.

SoonerInFla
8/11/2006, 06:16 PM
the Exorcist.. When it first came out it scared me to the death. Now i just laugh when i see it.

Scared me so bad there's no way I watch that again. I'm not even gonna go near the new versions. Emily somethin or another.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/11/2006, 06:40 PM
My a-hole g-pa (ya see, I had one g-pa that I loved dearly and another one that I thought was an a-hole) took me and my LITTLE brother to see Jaws. We both ran out of the theatre screaming when the head fell down into the hole at the bottom of the boat. We refused to go back into the theatre despite his coaxing. (T- I think that was one of the last movies ever shown in the old downtown Shattuck theater.) I still have a hard time watching that scene.

But the other one for me that scared the bejeezus out me then, and I still cannot watch now, is American Werewolf in London. YIKES!

Tailwind
8/11/2006, 06:49 PM
Some movie with Sal Mineo as a rapist....don't remember the name of it. Freaked me the hell out.

OUHOMER
8/11/2006, 07:04 PM
ok 2 threads, anyway i will post it here too
1. Exorcist
2. The Birds
3. Rosemarys baby

The wifes
LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT

Big Red Ron
8/11/2006, 07:13 PM
The Omen
Exorcist
Jaws

bigdsooner
8/11/2006, 08:04 PM
Have'ta be "CARRIE" for me. I was all of 9 when that thing came out. I'm still working out a lawsuit againt my dad if any non-horn attorneys care to collect on a slight percentage of the mega-bucks a 75 year old Korea Vet collects each month.

to this day its still the scariest movie ive ever seen. the whole movie was creepy and then at the end when her hand came up and grabbed her mom, i freaked out. i still cant watch that movie, and i was 6 or 7 when i seen it

MamaMia
8/11/2006, 08:23 PM
Dracula's Bride. :eek:
I was in the 5th grade when I saw it. I thought it was going to be a romantic love story. I slept with a scarf around my neck, the bedroom window locked and a cross on my night table for an entire year. :O

birddog
8/11/2006, 08:29 PM
frailty is a pretty disturbing movie. but as a kid i'd have to say dracula with bella lugosi. it would be laughable today but then for some reason the black and white added to the ominous tone. and carrie and the shining were too much for me to handle as a youngster.

tbl
8/11/2006, 08:41 PM
Good call on the Secret of Nimh. I loved it, but it did scare me when I was thelittlebittylebowski. Another one was the movie with the little kid and the midgets where they're held captive by some sort of wizard. The scene where they're in the cage suspended over a bottomless pit used to freak me out a little.

After I turned 8, I watched every horror flick under the sun and became numb to death.

I need help with one when I was four. I saw this movie (it had to have come out in the late 70's, early 80's), and I've had scattered memories all these years but have never seen it since. I hope somebody can help me out here....

I think the movie revolves around some kind of occult group that is killing people. Some scenes I remember:
* Some chick running through a field, seemingly away from a killer or where he was keeping her.
* Some people witness an occult ceremony going on by spying through a window.
* A guy that has a face either lit by green light or painted green, that is killing somebody and blood is spraying. This is the scene that really transfixed the movie in my head and traumatized my little innocent mind.
* The good guys find out who was behind all the killings, and they're in some sort of basement room. I believe it is one of their buddies, but I'm not sure about that.

That's pretty much it. Like I said, I've had memories of this movie since I was 4 years old, and I've never known what it is.

What kind of Mom allows her child to watch this? Two words: Dope head.

proud gonzo
8/11/2006, 08:55 PM
Ghost and Mr. Chicken. IB4OU2 was watching it with me and yelled ghost then he ran into the bathroom and I was skeered and pounded holes in the BAthroom door then Momma pounded IB4OU2's Butt with a belt!:D :D

Least ways that's the way I remember it.

That is All!! :les: ATTA BOY LUTHER!

proud gonzo
8/11/2006, 08:57 PM
Gremlins

I_SMELL_FEAR
8/11/2006, 09:36 PM

You have a neighborhood dog that talks to you also? My neighbors dog wont leave me alone.

QUIT TALKING TO ME....quit saying those bad things to me,quit telling me about all those bad things..LEAVE ME ALONE....

I just want to be left alone and it WONT LEAVE ME ALONE.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/11/2006, 10:08 PM
Scary movies really didn't scare me.
What did scare me, however, was the MGM lion. Whenever Leo reared his ugly head on the screen, I would go into hysterics.
True story: Back in the day, I would watch the Little Rascals. What I was unaware of was that Our Gang was the same show as the Little Rascals and was produced by MGM. So one day I was expecting to see the Little Rascals only to see Leo rear its ugly black-and-white head, and that traumatized me for life. To this day, I can't watch the MGM lion and I put on the mute button when he roars.
Another "cat" that scared me was the Lincoln-Mercury cougar. Remember the ads where he would sit atop the Lincoln-Mercury sign and growl? That also scared me. Thankfully, L-M has done away with the cougar as the mascot.

SoonerBBall
8/11/2006, 10:32 PM
Ok, this is going to sound stupid, but there is a movie I saw when I was little but I can't remember the name, so you guys are gonna help me out.

In it there is a little girl who goes through a magic mirror and she meets an evil lady who keeps herself young by eating magic cherries off of a tree that is covered by a glass case.

That is about all I can remember of the movie except that it used to freak me out when I saw it. Does anyone have a clue what it was?

TIA.

pb4ou
8/11/2006, 11:53 PM
One night while spending the night at a friends, we watched The Shining. I watched it all with my friends and put up a good front. But many a nights later, I would lie in bed and would hear that little boy's voice over and over...redrum...redrum.

Plus at church the youth department was all into scaring us into Christianity by showing those Great Tribulation movies. I was convinced that we were all gonna get our heads chopped off. I was really disturbed by that for a long, long time. The movie was called..Image Of The Beast.

Soonerpsycho
8/12/2006, 07:59 AM
Ok, this is going to sound stupid, but there is a movie I saw when I was little but I can't remember the name, so you guys are gonna help me out.

In it there is a little girl who goes through a magic mirror and she meets an evil lady who keeps herself young by eating magic cherries off of a tree that is covered by a glass case.

That is about all I can remember of the movie except that it used to freak me out when I saw it. Does anyone have a clue what it was?

TIA.

"The Hugga Bunch"

http://www.simnia.com/film/common_requests.htm#the_hugga_bunch

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173915

Thanks Google!

Blues1
8/12/2006, 11:31 AM
The Original Movie -- "House of Wax" -- Somewhere around 1953 or 54..??

Boil Baby Boil......:eek: