PDA

View Full Version : About our schedule

stunandun
8/11/2006, 02:46 PM
A friend and I were talking at lunch and he mentioned that we were playing Washington. I didn't think so but got back to my office and looked up the schedule and there they were. So I go to the website and find Ty Willingham (former neuter dame coach) on the front page. My question is : Is it the Washington Huskies on our schedule? Do they stink? I remember them as a good team in the 80's. Is nobody worried cause we play them in Norman? Everybody's talking about Oregon but this team is before them. Is it the Washington Huskies on our schedule? The one's that handed it to us in the Orange Bowl when the schooner got flagged? Discuss

OUstudent4life
8/11/2006, 02:48 PM
Uhhh...

Yes, yes they are. And they do. They were something like 2-9 last year.

AllVol
8/11/2006, 02:49 PM
You have no reason to worry about Washington... OU is WAY too talented for them, and way too well coached... Maybe if Napoleon Kaufman was cloned and donned a jersey, but otherwise, you got this one in the bag.

OUstudent4life
8/11/2006, 02:51 PM
Though again, not to be overly repetitive or redundant or anything, I say...

tcu

fadada1
8/11/2006, 02:52 PM
wasn't tennessee something like 2-9 last year as well;)

AllVol
8/11/2006, 02:54 PM
wasn't tennessee something like 2-9 last year as well;)

Sure were, #6 in total defense... Considering how bad our offense was, that was pretting impressive.. Thanks for noticing.

fadada1
8/11/2006, 03:06 PM
Sure were, #6 in total defense... Considering how bad our offense was, that was pretting impressive.. Thanks for noticing.
#6 total defense in the state of tennesee??????:D

PDXsooner
8/11/2006, 03:14 PM
A friend and I were talking at lunch and he mentioned that we were playing Washington. I didn't think so but got back to my office and looked up the schedule and there they were. So I go to the website and find Ty Willingham (former neuter dame coach) on the front page. My question is : Is it the Washington Huskies on our schedule? Do they stink? I remember them as a good team in the 80's. Is nobody worried cause we play them in Norman? Everybody's talking about Oregon but this team is before them. Is it the Washington Huskies on our schedule? The one's that handed it to us in the Orange Bowl when the schooner got flagged? Discuss

ummm...so you just now noticed that we're playing UW even though they've been on our schedule for about 6 years? i'm surprised you remember that '84 orange bowl. same name, different team. VERY different team.

Egeo
8/11/2006, 03:46 PM
washington should be much improved over last year
*we should still be able to handle them - but it depends on how good or bad our offense is gonna be

SouthFortySooner
8/11/2006, 04:15 PM
We have a schedule?

DrZaius
8/11/2006, 04:26 PM
You have no reason to worry about Washington... OU is WAY too talented for them, and way too well coached... Maybe if Napoleon Kaufman was cloned and donned a jersey, but otherwise, you got this one in the bag.

TCU ring a bell.

AllVol
8/11/2006, 04:30 PM
TCU ring a bell.

Washington ring a bell? Everyone gets bitten now and then... Usually its an in state or border state nobody who secretly hates you b/c of years of inferiority (TCU and OKSU for you, Memphis and Vandy for us) ... Washington isnt that way... They are outmanned, outclassed, outcoached and OU has something to prove... Its time for OU to step up and start dominating again, and they will, especially against the teams they should... You cant keep a good program down long... While 8-4 isnt "down" to most, it certainly isnt your goal...

OUfan7
8/11/2006, 04:42 PM
Trying to be real, we should beat Washington by 3 TD's, hopefully more.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/12/2006, 11:46 AM
They have a pretty good qb, and one of their safeties is not too shabby. But, most of what i've read, they are picked to finish last in the pac-10.

soonersam
8/12/2006, 02:20 PM
Do we play Texas again this year??? Help Please!!

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 02:38 PM
Do we play Texas again this year??? Help Please!!
we get a shot for revenge against ttech, right??:confused:

soonersam
8/12/2006, 02:46 PM
we get a shot for revenge against ttech, right??:confused:
Tech Who?? Revenge?? What r u talkin about?? Im lost!!

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Who?? Revenge?? What r u talkin about?? Im lost!!
oh, i guess that's a no?:D

umberto
8/12/2006, 03:40 PM
It seems like Ty Willingham is having trouble getting things turned around at Washington. I guess Newweasel and the other guy left the cupboard pretty bare. Ty is a good coach, he just seems to be a few years from making a difference. I think we should have this one covered.

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 03:44 PM
It seems like Ty Willingham is having trouble getting things turned around at Washington. I guess Newweasel and the other guy left the cupboard pretty bare. Ty is a good coach, he just seems to be a few years from making a difference. I think we should have this one covered.
yea, i think there's a night and day difference between tcu and washington even though washington is in a bcs conference. i think tcu was/is a much better team

SeattleRUF/NEK
8/12/2006, 04:00 PM
As a current OU student from Seattle who grew up about 4 blocks from Husky Stadium I can tell you they're no threat. They've won 3 games in the last two seasons. Their QB, Isiah Stanback has been described as 'shifty' which is never a good way to describe a QB. Their o-line is garbage, their "star" RB is academically ineligible this year and their other RB of note has his arm in a sling right now. None of my Husky friends say that they have a chance, in fact, a few of my friends are coming down for the game to see, in their words, a place where they play real football. Washingtonians have quickly changed the school image to being a basketball school even though just a few years ago they were giving my parents and I threats of Holiday Bowl thrashings.....

Sorry, I just saw the post about Washington and I had to go off.

SeattleOUstudent
8/12/2006, 04:15 PM
Cant wait for the game next year SR/N. It will be great to get back to Seattle and watch a September game in 60 degree weather w/ Raineer in the background. The pac man will have a lot of red in it for that one!