PDA

View Full Version : "Tornado" in VA...

chriscappel
8/11/2006, 02:33 PM
It is quite funny to see people all scared about a 30 sec tornado over water (waterspout)....its all over the local news....baing from the great state of Oklahoma i find this quite amusing...What are your thoughts?

Mjcpr
8/11/2006, 02:34 PM
My thoughts are the weather patterns have shifted east. Virginia now has ours and we have Phoenix's.

GottaHavePride
8/11/2006, 02:55 PM
I remember being in Orlando about 10 years ago and the big story on the news was a tornado that "almost touched the ground".

I stopped laughing about 5 minutes later.

mdklatt
8/11/2006, 02:58 PM
Somebody who moved to DC was telling me about a tornado there--a significant one too--being talked about as part of the traffic report on the radio.

If you're heading towards Montgomery County be on the lookout for large tornado that's really causing a traffic slowdown.

:eek:

Boarder
8/11/2006, 03:52 PM
Do you people even watch the local Oklahoma news? Obviously not.

Remember during the NCAA Basketball Finals when Gary England was on the air with a split screen saying how there was nothing wrong for an hour?

Remember the nights of weather coverage on 4, 5, and 9 for 50 mph winds?

If that waterspout was over Lake Hefner, it'd not only be a cut in from now until Midnight (making sure to interview everybody who "SEEN" it), it'd be the lead story on every news for a week.

Petro-Sooner
8/11/2006, 04:03 PM
Do you people even watch the local Oklahoma news? Obviously not.

Remember during the NCAA Basketball Finals when Gary England was on the air with a split screen saying how there was nothing wrong for an hour?

Remember the nights of weather coverage on 4, 5, and 9 for 50 mph winds?

If that waterspout was over Lake Hefner, it'd not only be a cut in from now until Midnight (making sure to interview everybody who "SEEN" it), it'd be the lead story on every news for a week.

True dat. Damn you Rick Mitchell. :mad: