PDA

View Full Version : sporting news stadium rank: autzen #1

snrbndt
8/11/2006, 01:18 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=115554

Is this old news from the sporting news?
autzen #1?
Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial not in the top 10?
Could there be any truth to it?

Dio
8/11/2006, 01:26 PM
dude, buy a vowel

The Maestro
8/11/2006, 01:46 PM
Oregon's record at home since the 2000 season...28-9.

OU's record away from Norman, Texas and bowl games included, since 2000...32-9.

We're better away from home than they are AT home! Twice in that time they have lost three home games in a season--2004 and 2002.

Flagstaffsooner
8/11/2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=115554

Is this old news from the sporting news?
autzen #1?
Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial not in the top 10?
Could there be any truth to it?Name alone kills us.

AllVol
8/11/2006, 02:13 PM
Three SEC schools and no us... Its fine with me, we havent been stellar at home, we dont deserve to be on the list...

But its true, when Florida sings "we are the boys" its quite an amazing site...

LSU people are just d@mn MEAN! lol

Auburn shouldnt be there...

Never been to any others, I WILL go to ND and Nebraska before I die. We play Nebraska in several years, so there is that one... ND is a TOUGH ticket.

Plano UT
8/11/2006, 02:20 PM
Name alone kills us.

I have to agree there. I know he gave a boat load of money to help finish the stadium but even he should realize his name sounds bad and defer to a different one.

goingoneight
8/11/2006, 11:32 PM
Something about billionaires not catching onto the fact that they're not quite God himself. Boone (a.k.a. "Booger") Pickens, Gaylord, Stanley Ho, etc.

1stTimeCaller
8/11/2006, 11:43 PM
Something about billionaires not catching onto the fact that they're not quite God himself. Boone (a.k.a. "Booger") Pickens, Gaylord, Stanley Ho, etc.

Please don't lump the Gaylords into the same catageory as Mr. Pickens. THe Gaylord family has given tons of cash to OU over the years. They don't direct what to do with their money like T Bone does. They help out on the down low and when asked.

Newbomb Turk
8/11/2006, 11:46 PM
it's a list.

don't sweat it.

goingoneight
8/12/2006, 01:01 AM
Please don't lump the Gaylords into the same catageory as Mr. Pickens. THe Gaylord family has given tons of cash to OU over the years. They don't direct what to do with their money like T Bone does. They help out on the down low and when asked.

Good people, I agree. No offense to them. I was just pointing out that when a rich dude puts out a donation, he doesn't think about his name like others do. I mean, if your last name was Cheater, would you donate money in your name for an athletic facility?

1stTimeCaller
8/12/2006, 01:07 AM
Good people, I agree. No offense to them. I was just pointing out that when a rich dude puts out a donation, he doesn't think about his name like others do. I mean, if your last name was Cheater, would you donate money in your name for an athletic facility?

good point but aren't we all proud of our last names for the simple fact that out father gave it to us? Don't let pop culture dictate who the University names structures after.

Chuck Bao
8/12/2006, 01:22 AM

Stanley Ho??? Hong Kong University stadium??? and, they have a football team??? :confused:

Paperclip
8/12/2006, 01:11 PM
ND is a TOUGH ticket.

When Nebraska played at ND it was Lincoln East. Didn't seem to be too tough a ticket.
I was there when we played there in 1999. It's worth the trip.

tbl
8/12/2006, 01:40 PM
This comment here made the entire list nill.
"Best introduction in college football: "Enter Sandman" at Virginia Tech."

Enter friggin Sandman??? That's like saying NFL atmosphere is awesome b/c they all play "Welcome to the Jungle" every 7th play.

stoopified
8/12/2006, 03:27 PM
good point but aren't we all proud of our last names for the simple fact that out father gave it to us? Don't let pop culture dictate who the University names structures after.That being said then Gaylord Family should be drooped from the stadium name.The veterans who fought and in many cases died ,and are still fighting and dying for OUR country are the ones for whom Memorial Stadium was named. The currency of Blood,lost lives outweighs any monetary donation by anyone,period.

Snrfn4ever08
8/12/2006, 03:30 PM
That being said then Gaylord Family should be drooped from the stadium name.The veterans who fought and in many cases died ,and are still fighting and dying for OUR country are the ones for whom Memorial Stadium was named. The currency of Blood,lost lives outweighs any monetary donation by anyone,period.
i second this

AlabamaSooner
8/12/2006, 09:32 PM
When Nebraska played at ND it was Lincoln East. Didn't seem to be too tough a ticket.
I was there when we played there in 1999. It's worth the trip.

Does anyone know where a picture can be found of this game? It really was amazing how many NU fans were there.

Paperclip
8/12/2006, 10:56 PM
Does anyone know where a picture can be found of this game? It really was amazing how many NU fans were there.

I remember an aerial shot they showed. It was half red if not more. The Notre Dame AD said that he was going to send supplemental income tax returns to the season ticket holders since apparently so many of them gave up their seats. He was ticked.

Macanudo
8/13/2006, 12:05 AM
3. Kyle Field, Texas A&M

Is that before or after they start running the clock?

snrbndt
8/14/2006, 10:38 AM
Phil Knight is the Nike co-founder with billions. According to the uo web site the stadium is..."Named in honor of Portland lumberman, sportsman and philanthropist Thomas J. Autzen"

Luthor
8/14/2006, 10:56 AM
After examining the list of schools I'm not so sure I'd want to be on it. Lumped in with A&M, LSU, OSU, etc. Some of the most classless fans (from personal experience) on the planet. If not making the list with the skin headed, tootless, obnoxious and unsanitary is bad then I'll just take the hickey and stay off the list.

sooneron
8/14/2006, 11:11 AM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4016/searchbuttonwr2.jpg

This was hashed through last week wasn't it? Same link and everything.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75140&highlight=autzen