PDA

View Full Version : Funny insight from a terror suspect's neighbor

Tear Down This Wall
8/11/2006, 11:34 AM
From a British newspaper quoting one of the terror suspect's neighbors:

Neighbors identified another suspect as Don Stewart-Whyte, 21, from High Wycombe, a convert who changed his name to Abdul Waheed.

"He converted to Islam about six months ago and grew a full beard," said a neighbor, who refused to be identified. "He used to smoke weed and drink a lot, but he is completely different now."

Uh, huh...completely different to say the least. He's cast aside partying and graduated on to global terrorism in the name of his new faith. What a heart-warming story. :rolleyes:

sanantoniosooner
8/11/2006, 11:38 AM
Have you ever tried to built a roadside explosive device while wasted?

You gotta choose man..........

Okla-homey
8/11/2006, 11:39 AM
It is a captivating tale of conversion. Over here, you hear about people finding the Lord and giving up vices and such. In this case, upon conversion, the guy decided to blow hisself up.

I would think that would make the evangelists job a bit tougher if he had to convince folks in addition to giving up partying all night and howling at the moon, they might also be expected to blow themselves to smithereens.:eek:

Tear Down This Wall
8/11/2006, 11:43 AM
I think it's funny that the former weed smoker takes on the name Waheed in his conversion. Just move a couple of letter and Waheed becomes "Ah, weed!" :D

sooner_born_1960
8/11/2006, 12:09 PM
I never fully trust people who voluntarily give up drinking.

Tear Down This Wall
8/11/2006, 12:13 PM
I never fully trust people who voluntarily give up drinking.

I feel the same way about people who don't eat bacon. Nothing in the world has the flavor of bacon. It's so...bacony! It smells good, it tastes good. It's bacon.

People who don't eat bacon are not to be trusted.

sooner_born_1960
8/11/2006, 12:14 PM
I feel the same way about people who don't eat bacon. Nothing in the world has the flavor of bacon. It's so...bacony! It smells good, it tastes good. It's bacon.

That too.

OklahomaTuba
8/11/2006, 12:44 PM
heh, waheed.

Dio
8/11/2006, 12:50 PM
Mmmmmm, bacon.

TexasLidig8r
8/11/2006, 01:02 PM

Because Pigs are filthy disgusting animals.

They root in and eat their own feces.

OCUDad
8/11/2006, 01:03 PM

People who don't eat bacon are not to be trusted.Why do you hate Jewish people? :D

Tear Down This Wall
8/11/2006, 02:19 PM
Why do you hate Jewish people? :D

I don't hate Jewish people. But, consider this...

...isn't it the people who hate bacon - muslims and Jews - who are constantly at war? Hmmm? Mmm-hmm.

There are all of these high and mighty theories about how and why these people are killing and such, and the real answer is quite obvious - they hate bacon.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/11/2006, 02:28 PM
You can buy bacon spray now. It's on the salad dressing aisle.

They have garlic flavor, some kind of raspberry vinaigrette and bacon.

I'm not kidding - I wouldn't tease you about the bacon.

Okla-homey
8/11/2006, 02:43 PM

...isn't it the people who hate bacon - muslims and Jews - who are constantly at war? Hmmm? Mmm-hmm.

There are all of these high and mighty theories about how and why these people are killing and such, and the real answer is quite obvious - they hate bacon.

On a similar vein, I have a black friend from North Alabama who now lives in Montgomery AL who ascribed much of the plight of the black community in lower Alabama to overconsumption of chicken. With tongue firmly in cheek, he opined that there had to be some kind of drug in the coatings used at Church's to explain the antics and tomfoolery perpetrated by Church's fried chicken consumers.

OUstudent4life
8/11/2006, 02:43 PM

So does GWB hate bacon now?

:D

OUstudent4life
8/11/2006, 02:45 PM
On a similar vein, I have a black friend from North Alabama who now lives in Montgomery AL who ascribed much of the plight of the black community in lower Alabama to overconsumption of chicken. With tongue firmly in cheek, he opined that there had to be some kind of drug in the coatings used at Church's to explain the antics and tomfoolery perpetrated by Church's fried chicken consumers.

Oh, I hate the Colonel with 'is wee beady eye! And that smug look on his face, "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"

Flagstaffsooner
8/11/2006, 02:46 PM
Because whorns are filthy disgusting animals.

:rolleyes:

TUSooner
8/11/2006, 02:49 PM
Here is your proof that some people SHOULD smoke weed. See, if weed had been legal, old Don would have been getting happily high in High Wycombe without all the fear and guilt that inevitable led to self-loathing, conversion to a harsh & puritanical religion, and a desire to destroy himself and hundreds of innocent people.
Yeah, that's it.
You read it here first!

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2006, 02:52 PM

I hate to point this out but several christian denominations don't eat pork either.
Does that kill the humor?

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2006, 02:52 PM
Also, I never trusted pot smokers. More reason not to.

OUDoc
8/11/2006, 02:55 PM
I hate to point this out but several christian denominations don't eat pork either.

Really? Who's that?

Tear Down This Wall
8/11/2006, 02:58 PM
If there are indeed "Christian" denominations who forbid bacon, they need to read on past the book of John on into Acts and Paul's letters for clarification. The whole food vision thing. Yeah.

Also, I am virulently anti-drug legalization. However, if smoking pot can be proven to prevent regular people from turning to radical islam, I'll have to rethink my position. I mean, seriously. I mean if bacon and dope can bring world peace, let's have at it.

OCUDad
8/11/2006, 02:59 PM
Does that kill the humor?No more so than any other time you show up in a thread. :rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
8/11/2006, 02:59 PM
Really? Who's that?Sicemist. They drink Zima and drive VDubs. They dance around and say Baylor is gonna win. And they can't get dates. Sort of a revival of the Shakers.;)

SicEmBaylor
8/11/2006, 03:08 PM
I've heard a few..the messiancs for example. I've heard of a couple of others as well, but I believe they're of the snake-handler variety.

There's a really late night/early morning bible show that comes on TV with some crazy preacher from (I believe Arkansas) who is entertaining late at night when you're drunk on Zima. Anywhoo, he mentioned one day that his church follows the old-testament dietary laws.

Tear Down This Wall
8/11/2006, 03:10 PM
He needs to go ahead and read past the Gospels. I mean, it was Paul that brought the Good News to Gentiles and such.

OUstudent4life
8/11/2006, 03:20 PM
I mean if bacon and dope can bring world peace, let's have at it.

Best.

Statement.

Evar.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/11/2006, 03:32 PM
Did you people not see that part where I said they have BACON SPRAY?

You can make ANYTHING taste like bacon.

Uh-oh...

Viking Kitten
8/11/2006, 03:34 PM
Because Pigs are filthy disgusting animals.

Well so does Czar but you don't see me kicking him to the curb, now do you?

KC//CRIMSON
8/11/2006, 03:41 PM
Have you ever tried to built a roadside explosive device while wasted?

You gotta choose man..........

Ever try to make a martyrdom tape while stoned? The editing is a bitch!

OUstudent4life
8/11/2006, 03:49 PM
Did you people not see that part where I said they have BACON SPRAY?

You can make ANYTHING taste like bacon.

Uh-oh...

Wait...this may lead to the best. statement. evar.

:pop:

TopDaugIn2000
8/11/2006, 03:50 PM
oh God....

Flagstaffsooner
8/11/2006, 06:11 PM
Wait...this may lead to the best. statement. evar.

:pop:I like clam sauce.:O

Kels
8/11/2006, 09:01 PM
Does that kill the humor?

Seventh Day Adventists