PDA

View Full Version : That "New Bowl Game"

Blues1
8/11/2006, 09:39 AM
I guess you could say two Fiesta Bowls this year -- One on Jan 1st (The Fiesta Bowl) and one on Jan. 8th (BCS National Champ game)

Four teams in the same town at the same time..??
Sounds like a cluster $%$& to me..
Where are they all going to practice..??

How much press can the Jan 1st teams get..?? - Sounds like they will be playing 2nd Fiddle to "THE BIG GAME"

Anyway here's a link...

http://www.bcsfootball.org/index2.cfm?page=structure

Paperclip
8/11/2006, 09:49 AM
Something tells me Puh-honix can find four places for football teams to practice.

Octavian
8/11/2006, 09:50 AM
yup.

the game on the first is the only "Fiesta Bowl"

I dont see why they couldn't have just added another bowl game to the BCS mix and kept rotating the title game around between 5 bowl games.

Maybe when JerryWorld gets built.

It'd be nice if OU could catch an national title game in Dallas...

msteudem
8/11/2006, 09:51 AM
I'm sure if we get to the NC Mike will let us practice on their fields.

The Maestro
8/11/2006, 01:34 PM
I'm sure ASU will be done with their Las Vegas Bowl post celebration that their practice facility will be available...probably the Cardinals, too. Although I'm sure a bunch of high school facilities will do. Besides, the games are 7 days apart...won't be that big of a deal.

DrZaius
8/11/2006, 01:51 PM
Why don't we just make all the games BCS games and play them all on the same day at the Cotton Bowl. They could call it "NCAA ARMAGEDDON" and get Hulk Hogan for the commercials.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/11/2006, 01:52 PM
Does this "plus 1" BCS national championship set up finally give those Rose Bowl asshats their beloved Pac-10/Big 10 set up on a permanent basis?

I suppose not if the champ of either conference is going to the BCS national championship game.

But it wouldn't shock me to see the Rose Bowl finesse it some way so that they do lock out teams that aren't in either conference.

Unless of course it was Notre Dame. I wonder how much gnashing of teeth we wouldn't hear if they were able to get the Domers into the Rose Bowl. Hypocritical jackasses...

umberto
8/11/2006, 01:55 PM
Why don't we just make all the games BCS games and play them all on the same day at the Cotton Bowl. They could call it "NCAA ARMAGEDDON" and get Hulk Hogan for the commercials.

You could also get the guy that does the monster truck commercials to do the radio commercials for the event.

<monster truck announcer guy voice> "Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. See it all at the Cotton Bowl. Spills, Chills, Thrills..." </monster truck announcer guy voice>

Flagstaffsooner
8/11/2006, 02:19 PM
Hotel rooms within 150 miles will be hard to get and expensive.

For Rent: Snow covered yard 137 miles from game. Tents available for an extra charge.

goingoneight
8/12/2006, 12:06 AM
Howsaboot and BCS system where say, four bowls are played.

If there is to be two undefeated teams or more, than extra games are played. Then, the not-quite ready-yet USC team in 2003 would have actually struggled for once in the post-season.

Meaning, if there is a disputable champion, like two 14-0 teams, or two 12-2 teams, two 13-1 teams, etc. then the most important thing can actually be figured out. WHO IS THE NC?

Now the bullsh!t NFL playoffs and NCAA Basketball tournament stuff would never work. Then you would have lucky qualifiers like Okie Light upsetting USC in an MNC. A 9-4 Okie Aggy beats an otherwise undefeated team, because one got "hot" at the right time. That is why I don't like baseball or basketball, or any pro sport. Anyone notice that the two best teams in the world didn't even play in the Super Bowl this year? Or the two best teams in NCAA basketball didn't play for the MNC this year? George Mason?

BCS needs some work, but it for now is really the closest way to determine who the NC will be.