PDA

View Full Version : Paul Thompson Resume:

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 11:52 PM
Pros or cons, give what you can to this thread so we can get some BOOMER-SOONER goin'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgg1wuXXe8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcZdQOVyxmk

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:57 PM
my grandma could've scored 20 points with the WRs and griffin vs the aggy defense! =P

BASSooner
8/11/2006, 12:08 AM
where is Dean when you need him..

goingoneight
8/11/2006, 12:15 AM
I have no point in posting on a Sooner Fans web forum.
No one asked you, troll.

badger
8/11/2006, 12:16 AM
I think the highlight reel shows that Thompson/Peterson will have a perfect two-way decoy. Thompson hands off to AD... or does he??? :D

BASSooner
8/11/2006, 12:17 AM
PT's fake hand-offs are beautiful. If he can become a decent passer......awesome:D and if the OL can come together and become pretty good blockers....then kudos to coach patton

Desert Sapper
8/11/2006, 12:30 AM
That first clip just reminded me that the 2003 team was likely the most talented we've ever put on the field...and yet...

Ego needs to disappear this year. Nobody owes anything to these kids. When they finally are at the point that they have something to prove to the world, it will be time to win some football games.

OUstud
8/11/2006, 12:39 AM
HOW THE HELL DID THAT TEAM LOSE TO KSU BY 4 TOUCHDOWNS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

BASSooner
8/11/2006, 12:41 AM
HOW THE HELL DID THAT TEAM LOSE TO KSU BY 4 TOUCHDOWNS?!?!?!?!?!?!?
mike stoops?

Egeo
8/11/2006, 12:57 AM
mike stoops?
i think it had to be alot more than that

LittleRedTuba
8/11/2006, 01:11 AM
I feel good about Paul Thompson!

I don't know how we lost in '03, but it looked like Darren Sproles was playing against an entire team of dizzy, sickle-cell patients with osteoperosis.

Desert Sapper
8/11/2006, 01:32 AM
I think that team bought into the media image and thought they could just waltz in and not actually have to fight to win. It didn't help that Mike was leaving and the schemes didn't adequately address Darren Sproles. There is no legitimate reason that the 2003 Sooners didn't win it all. The defense was a beast. The offense was a juggernaut. We just didn't get it done.

oKOIhoma fan
8/11/2006, 06:58 AM
That was a great video, but I still enjoy the one below it. "Jason white hits Mark Bradley and Oklahoma beats Texas A&M." I think that was a great game. Nothing like ripping out their heart out at the end.

TexasLidig8r
8/11/2006, 09:39 AM
Wonder how Thompson and Peterson would do in Texas' "Zone-Read" offense that Vince ran last year?

TMcGee86
8/11/2006, 09:56 AM
That second clip with the zone read option play is money.

Here's hoping we see that play lots this year. With AD and Patrick back there... me likes our chances.

birddog
8/11/2006, 10:27 AM
i forgot how close that game was.

AZSOONER
8/11/2006, 11:48 AM
I was positive last year, then came tcu. Trying to be positive again this year and I keep telling myself that game was all play calling, we will call the right plays for ENA this year.

The Ensuing Kickoff
8/11/2006, 06:42 PM
It really is remarkable how terrible A&M's defense was that year.

And oh yeah . . . GO ENA!

AzianSooner
8/11/2006, 07:40 PM
On the other hand, I would like to see Ah You and Pleasant sandwiching and ra.ping Texass' qb this oct over and over again.

BigUgly
8/11/2006, 08:34 PM
That was a great video, but I still enjoy the one below it. "Jason white hits Mark Bradley and Oklahoma beats Texas A&M." I think that was a great game. Nothing like ripping out their heart out at the end.

I was in a deer blind in South Texas with a big Crown and water and listening to it on the headphones. Remember it like it was three years ago.

Is there any cooincidence hunting season and football season kick off the best time of the year? :D

Soonerus
8/11/2006, 10:38 PM
Aikman was 0-12 passing in his first game at OU....

goingoneight
8/11/2006, 11:20 PM
Wonder how Thompson and Peterson would do in Texas' "Zone-Read" offense that Vince ran last year?

I've wondered that myself... but in all due respect, I believe there is a difference between ENA and VY. I'm sure you'll agree with me. VY broke tackles and kept his head up on the run, and ENA basically just faked out the competition with his brillliant play faking abilities. I dunno what kind of passer he is, but I do like the fact that he is level-headed, team oriented, respected, and a helluva lot tougher than Bomar was. Unfortunately, quarterbacks can only beat you one of two ways, through truly God-given talent, or with their minds.

RedstickSooner
8/12/2006, 02:43 AM
I was in a deer blind in South Texas with a big Crown and water and listening to it on the headphones. Remember it like it was three years ago.

Is there any cooincidence hunting season and football season kick off the best time of the year? :D

So, OU was playing, and you went hunting?

Was it so you could finally extract revenge against the deer that killed your family and burned down your house?

Otherwise, it seems like it could've waited until we had a bye week. But maybe that's just me ;)

oumartin
8/12/2006, 11:11 AM
I think PT will be better this year for two reasons. He doesn't have to look over his shoulder and he can relax a bit. Plus i think KW play calling might suit PT better than Longs playcalling.. I think KW has a little more experience with a mobile run oriented type QB.

stoopified
8/12/2006, 11:53 AM
my grandma could've scored 20 points with the WRs and griffin vs the aggy defense! =PMy grandma actually did score 20 points on aTm in that game. You have to slow the tape WAAAAYYYY down to catch her in action.:D

OU_PhD
8/12/2006, 11:56 AM
my grandma could've scored 20 points with the WRs and griffin vs the aggy defense! =P

Kejuan Jones was the starting tail back and Q was with Denver at that point.

goingoneight
8/13/2006, 01:02 AM
my thoughts exactly...

GDC
8/15/2006, 10:10 AM
Sooner family supportive of QB Thompson
By DAVE SITTLER World Sports Columnist
8/15/2006

NORMAN -- Paul Thompson's cell phone started ringing within minutes of that announcement two Thursdays ago. It hasn't stopped.

"Friends, family and people I don't even know," Thompson said. "I don't know how some of these people have my number."

The mystery callers are among those thousands of relatives Thompson has often heard about, but never met. Those Oklahoma football family members who want Thompson to know they have his back in his return to quarterback.

"They tell me they are glad I made the decision that I made," Thompson said. "And that they are proud of me."

It was that Thursday when OU coach Bob Stoops confirmed Thompson had once again proved he's the ultimate team guy. In less than a year, Thompson was making another position switch because his team and his extended Sooner Family needed him to do it.

If you spend any time around football practice at any level during these dog days of summer workouts, you hear the word "family" ad nauseam.

Sister Sledge, the musical group from Philly, would be multibillionaires if the four sisters received a royalty check for each time a coach or player used the words from the title of their 1970s No. 1 hit -- "We Are Family."

It's a way for

thousands of coaches and players to stress the importance of forming a family-type bond. A unity that will help them survive the difficult times every team endures during a season.

It often proves to be hollow talk. The first sign of stress and some teams split up faster than your average Hollywood marriage.

Like in real life, a football family consists of several layers. There are the immediate members, where players become brothers and coaches their surrogate fathers.

Then you have the older brothers, the former teammates who have left the nest but haven't forgotten their roots.

And finally there is that self-appointed proxy group of cousins, aunts, uncles, grandfathers and grandmothers. These people adopt the players when they arrive on campus and demonstrate their loyalty both financially (you checked ticket prices lately?) and with moral support.

Thompson has continued to hear from all three groups in the days following his decision to go along with his coach's request. After Stoops dismissed starting quarterback Rhett Bomar, the OU coach summoned Thompson to his office and asked if he'd consider returning to the depth-thin position.

To Stoops' credit, he didn't pressure Thompson to give him an immediate answer. It was Stoops who told Thompson last September that he'd lost the starting job to Bomar and asked him to move to wide receiver to shore up the depth at that position.

Thompson's position switch went so well, he was scheduled to start this fall. Had he continued his rapid improvement throughout 2006, he would strongly increase his chances to be selected in the 2007 NFL draft.

So after he had bounced Thompson from position to position, Stoops told him to sleep on the latest request. He also told Thompson to contact his closest family members, his parents, Marc and Felecia Thompson.

"They have a big influence on my life and I always respect what they have to say," Thompson said of his mother and father.

And when he again displayed his selflessness, the Sooner family reunion was on. His teammates and coaches were the first to rally around him to express their gratitude that he had put their well-being ahead of his own self interest.

Then the extended family got into the act. Former teammates either called or personally sought Thompson out when they returned to OU to work out or to watch practice.

Pasha Jackson, J.T. Thatcher, Curtis Fagan and Trent Smith were some of the ex-teammates who immediately reached out to Thompson. And then there was one phone call he wasn't about to miss when the number showed up on Thompson's caller ID.

"I talked to Jason a few days ago," Thompson said of the conversation he had with Jason White, the former Sooner quarterback and Heisman Trophy winner.

Thompson had been White's backup for three seasons. He watched and learned lessons about character as White never changed when he enjoyed enormous success and suffered through the devastation of two season-ending knee injuries.

"Jason told me good luck and said he was proud of me because he knows it was a tough decision," Thompson said. "He said, 'Just go in there and go all out. This is nothing to worry about.' "

Other ex-teammates will undoubtedly express similar words of encouragement before the Sept. 2 season opener against Alabama-Birmingham. And the supportive phone calls from those relatives he'll never meet will also continue.

As Sister Sledge said: "Here's what we call our golden rule: Have faith in you and the things you do (and) you won't go wrong. Everyone can see we're together."

It's the golden rule that truly loyal families live by in times of crisis..

Blues1
8/15/2006, 10:27 AM
The the Time is Now ---- 110 % Behind Paul Thompson....:)

I'm saying right Now -We are going to get LOTS of Publicity on this through out the Year

Publicity Before the Season ---(We've already seen that)

Pubilcity during the Season ---(It's Coming)

Publicity at the end of the Season --- (It's gonna make all time Great Football Story)

I guess you can say I'm betting on the River Card....:D
ALL IN....!!!

Rockin'

Luthor
8/15/2006, 10:51 AM

Ignor this idiot. He posts over on hornfans under the same name but plays himself off as an aggy. 12 year olds get confused easily.

pgagolfpro77
8/15/2006, 11:19 AM
The only problem I see with these videos is that there is only one passing play (about an 8 yard dish to clayton I think) and all the rest are running plays.

We can only run so much. PT is gonna have to throw the ball some, and complete them. I hope he can do this, but I have faith.

BOOMER!