PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn going to jail

Rooster
8/10/2006, 10:33 PM
Former Football Star Arrested For Molestation
Last Edited: Thursday, 10 Aug 2006, 9:44 PM CDT
Created: Thursday, 10 Aug 2006, 9:44 PM CDT
A file photograph of Marco Martin.
Dallas police arrested a former UT football player on a charge of sexually assaulting a six-year-old boy.

Marco Martin was a defense tackle on the Longhorns' championship team last year. He turned himself in Thursday morning.

The alleged assault happened in 1999. Detectives say the victim came forward last year, but officers were unable to track Martin down.

Martin was also part of the Mesquite High School State Championship team in 2001. He wore #48 as a defensive tackle for the team.

Martin's bond is set at $25,000.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=464145&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 10:36 PM
Hahahaha... I'm the first to say Texas sucks in this thread!!!

Rooster
8/10/2006, 10:47 PM
"but officers were unable to track Martin down"

This just proves that the Horns are the cheatingest program in America..
How many more times will their criminal behavior be swept under the rug until they are out of school?

Texas
8/10/2006, 10:51 PM
this is stupid

according to this, he was either 15 or 16 when this happened and they're bringing this up now?

he probably had sex with a 14 year old and is that really such a big deal?

Rooster
8/10/2006, 10:53 PM
And how could Ramonce been stupid enough to call the police with 5 pounds of dope in his car? hahahahahaha

Texas
well RT is no longer on the team :/

olevetonahill
If I was the dad I would have found him in a lot less than 7 yrs :eek:

MiccoMacey
8/10/2006, 11:00 PM
Dallas police arrested a former UT football player on a charge of sexually assaulting a six-year-old boy.

Marco Martin was a defense tackle on the Longhorns' championship team last year. He turned himself in Thursday morning.

The alleged assault happened in 1999.

I don't care how long ago it happened...that's just sick.

sooner518
8/10/2006, 11:09 PM
this is stupid

according to this, he was either 15 or 16 when this happened and they're bringing this up now?

pretty sure the statute of limitations is longer than 6 years. And the article says that the victim came forward only a year ago. So yes, theyre bringing it up now

and it says in the article that it was a 6 year old. well done Longhorns

Frozen Sooner
8/10/2006, 11:16 PM
this is stupid

It is when you substitute "14 year old" with "six year old boy."

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:17 PM
my fault, i missed the part about the 6 year old boy.

i saw some articles earlier and they didnt mention anything about the victim and i skipped thru the article in the original post.

that's pretty nasty **** if true and hope he pays for it.

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:18 PM
so if this goes to trial, he'd be tried as a 15 year old, right?

unless he's tried as an adult, he'll serve 3 years max?

one of you legal types fill me in here plz.

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 11:18 PM
Geez, why does everyone have to go and break the rules all the time? I work out, I work (honestly), I read up net forums (to each his own) and I check out local music scenes... I'm thinking someone needs to offer me a scholly, I actually WANT my own crystal ball, and would work from A to Z just to be out there.

Frozen Sooner
8/10/2006, 11:19 PM

i saw some articles earlier and they didnt mention anything about the victim and i skipped thru the article in the original post.

that's pretty nasty **** if true and hope he pays for it.

So you're saying it wouldn't be a problem if it were a girl?

I mean, really, North of the Red River it's generally considered bad form to have sex with six year olds alltogether.

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:21 PM

na, thats not what i meant. you know what i was trying to say.

KyleUT
8/10/2006, 11:22 PM
weird and disgusting story.

Not sure how it's an indictment of the football program, though.

Rooster
8/10/2006, 11:22 PM
They marry em in the 6th grade down there....

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:25 PM
They marry em in the 6th grade down there....

Rape per capita stats (http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_for_rap_percap-crime-forcible-rape-per-capita)

OUstud
8/10/2006, 11:25 PM

Apparently not in Stillwater!

Rooster
8/10/2006, 11:26 PM

Its just another cover-up...how can you not find a guy on a national championship football team...You add in all the other thuggeries that gets swept under the rug down there and you have to start wondering what else those horns are getting away with... Its down right thuggery going on down there.

Frozen Sooner
8/10/2006, 11:29 PM
Rape per capita stats (http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_for_rap_percap-crime-forcible-rape-per-capita)

Sheee-ooot. Didn't you know you can't rape someone if you're MARRIED to them???

(OK, that was a really really horrible joke based on old legal precedent which has since been tossed out. My apologies to all women everywhere for it. Rape is no laughing matter.)

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:29 PM
this guy has been in acadmeic/weight trouble for a while now and hasnt played in a while.

oh and this happened when he was 15/16 back in mesquite!

KyleUT
8/10/2006, 11:32 PM
Its just another cover-up...how can you not find a guy on a national championship football team...You add in all the other thuggeries that gets swept under the rug down there and you have to start wondering what else those horns are getting away with... Its down right thuggery going on down there.

You honestly believe that cops would wait over a year (and 8 months after the guy leaves the team...) to go after an accused molester of a 6-year old boy, just because that accused sits the bench at UT? Think about what you're saying. Child molestation.

Think it couldn't have something to do with real thin evidence? Naw. It's a big bad conspiracy. The Dallas PD is full of Horn-loving horn lovers who refuse to arrest Longhorns.

Also, we're arguing over a seven sentence story. Would be interesting to hear more...

Rooster
8/10/2006, 11:38 PM
he was born 4/6/1983, that would have made him 16 or 17...

"You honestly believe that cops would wait over a year (and 8 months after the guy leaves the team...) to go after an accused molester of a 6-year old boy"

Article says they couldnt find him for over a year...I dont believe that has anything to do with thin evidence....but hey, we havnt caught Osaama either.....Maybe he is on the longhorn football team...

KyleUT
8/10/2006, 11:46 PM
I say again, will be interesting to hear more...here's what the DMN is saying...

A television report on KDFW Thursday night said former Texas backup defensive tackle Marco Martin of Mesquite has been charged with the sexual assault of a 12-year-old boy. The report said the alleged crime occurred six years ago in foster care.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/colleges/texas/stories/081106dnspoutshort.2af0ea0.html

Rooster
8/10/2006, 11:50 PM
The spin has started...the kid is 12 now, it happened 6 years ago that would have made him 6....here is the link to the news service that broke the story...

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=464145&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Desert Sapper
8/10/2006, 11:51 PM

Rape Stats (http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_for_rap-crime-forcible-rape)

I can play, too.

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:56 PM
Rape Stats (http://www.statemaster.com/graph/cri_for_rap-crime-forcible-rape)

I can play, too.

really?

that's great reasoning comparing aggregate crime #s of states with populations of 22,859,968 and 3,547,884.

sooneron
8/11/2006, 07:33 AM
Woot! NJ!!!!:D

I wouldn't gloat too much, you have a whopping .07 of a percentage on OK.

caphorns
8/11/2006, 08:47 AM
This is a sad, real life situation - with either a horribly traumatized victim or an innocently accused man. It's not really a sports story. But, I guess we're just a society obsessed with dark subjects at this point.

I'd imagine they couldn't "find" him because they couldn't identify him. This part of the story makes this suspect to me. But I'll wait for the facts to develop and don't think the accuser or accused should go on trial in a f'n thread without any facts.

crawfish
8/11/2006, 08:56 AM
weird and disgusting story.

Only in the "someone associated with your team did something illegal so you're a big bunch of cheaters" round-robin.

It was just your turn.

SoonerBacker
8/11/2006, 08:56 AM
Funny how the texicans come out of the woodwork to blast OU any time there is any SIGN of impropriety, but if it's their beloved shortWhorns....ohhhh! Wait a MINUTE!!!! Let's wait til all of the FACTS are in.

I don't care HOW old the teenager was when it happened, he raped a 6 year old! Says the kid came out with the allegations last year, but the PO-lice could not find him. PO-leeeeze!

picasso
8/11/2006, 08:59 AM
Former Football Star Arrested For Molestation
Last Edited: Thursday, 10 Aug 2006, 9:44 PM CDT
Created: Thursday, 10 Aug 2006, 9:44 PM CDT
A file photograph of Marco Martin.

The alleged assault happened in 1999. Detectives say the victim came forward last year, but officers were unable to track Martin down.

Martin was also part of the Mesquite High School State Championship team in 2001. He wore #48 as a defensive tackle for the team.

Martin's bond is set at $25,000.

why is this news for us?
I'm sure if you look up enough former players at all schools you're going to find some bad things going on.

TexasLidig8r
8/11/2006, 08:59 AM
"but officers were unable to track Martin down"

How many more times will their criminal behavior be swept under the rug until they are out of school?

Rooster,.. you take idiocy to a new level.

My little company has the ability to find any address on just about anyone.. including, every address at which a person has ever received mail, cars you own (including VIN), persons you have lived with, whether and when and with which political party, you registered to vote, lawsuits you have been involved in, criminal records, driver's license numbers, persons who live across the street from you.. in short, just about anything.

Officers were unable to track Martin down? If he was enrolled at UT, how about... oh... going to the athletic dorm and picking him up? That's a real tough one. Or, how about.. oh.. going to a judge ex parte and getting an order requiring the school to release all information on Martin?

I know you can't be a supporter of OU. Only aggy is dimwitted enough to draw the vaccuous conclusions and excrete the tripe you have shown in this thread.

Finally, if Martin did the acts about which he is accused, castrate him.

Taxman71
8/11/2006, 09:11 AM
Castration would be too kind for an offense of this nature. I'm thinking more in lines of what they did to Vito Spatafore.

Rooster
8/11/2006, 10:29 AM
[QUOTE Rooster,.. you take idiocy to a new level.
Officers were unable to track Martin down? If he was enrolled at UT, how about... oh... going to the athletic dorm and picking him up? That's a real tough one. Or, how about.. oh.. going to a judge ex parte and getting an order requiring the school to release all information on Martin?

I know you can't be a supporter of OU. Only aggy is dimwitted enough to draw the vaccuous conclusions and excrete the tripe you have shown in this thread.QUOTE]

Hey, dont get mad at me, i just posted the link from the news service that broke the story. The facts they stated were the police were unable to track him down..maybe they should have checked with you first. but nice spin attempt..Now im the bad buy because the news service posted the facts.

TexasLidig8r
8/11/2006, 11:10 AM
[quote=RoosterHey, dont get mad at me, i just posted the link from the news service that broke the story. The facts they stated were the police were unable to track him down..maybe they should have checked with you first. but nice spin attempt..Now im the bad buy because the news service posted the facts.[/quote]
__________________________________________________ _______________
__________________________________________________ _______________

Did you conveniently forget this little bon mot?

To call your leaps of "logic" faulty at best would be charitable. Leave the ranting to the likes of Lufkinaggy and others of his ilk.

Rooster
8/11/2006, 11:22 AM
My little company has the ability to find any address on just about anyone.. including, every address at which a person has ever received mail, cars you own (including VIN), persons you have lived with, whether and when and with which political party, you registered to vote, lawsuits you have been involved in, criminal records, driver's license numbers, persons who live across the street from you.

Now that you understand what logic I used, and you agree with me on that, you would have to agree that something is fishy. Then you go back and look at all the past cover-ups at UTokem and you have to start wondering just what the hell is going on...
Then as I predicted, a horn comes on here and wants to shoot the messenger. Find out who made the accusations and drag them thru the mud by questioning my support for the Sooners and then adding dimwitted to top it off...Im afraid your credibility is at question.

TexasLidig8r
8/11/2006, 12:59 PM
Now that you understand what logic I used, and you agree with me on that, you would have to agree that something is fishy. Then you go back and look at all the past cover-ups at UTokem and you have to start wondering just what the hell is going on...
Then as I predicted, a horn comes on here and wants to shoot the messenger. Find out who made the accusations and drag them thru the mud by questioning my support for the Sooners and then adding dimwitted to top it off...Im afraid your credibility is at question.

Wow... your "Making Sense-ometer" must be on the fritz today.

Since I stated you weren't using any logic at all, then we agree on that?

Care to educate us on the as you call them, "past cover ups?"... oh, and site some sources other than your opinions.

In light of everything that has happened in Norman, are you sure you want to go down this path instead of just letting this thread die a natural death?

Rooster
8/11/2006, 01:20 PM
My little company has the ability to find any address on just about anyone.. including, every address at which a person has ever received mail, cars you own (including VIN), persons you have lived with, whether and when and with which political party, you registered to vote, lawsuits you have been involved in, criminal records, driver's license numbers, persons who live across the street from you.. in short, just about anything.

The quote above is where you started your name calling attack on me....

The news service that broke the story reported that the police could not locate him for over a year...
maybe next time you should check the facts before your start your childish rantings....
Why not BLB...Be like Bob...instead of slinging mud on the accuser's and the messengers, check the facts, then take responsibility and send the thugs down the road....

Luthor
8/11/2006, 01:24 PM
He was 16 years old at the time and I'm fairly certain that he wasn't on our watch at the time. That's not making an excuse for him 3 years before we got him but unless you're an aggy how does that tie to football at Texas?

caphorns
8/11/2006, 01:28 PM
The quote above is where you started your name calling attack on me....

The news service that broke the story reported that the police could not locate him for over a year...
maybe next time you should check the facts before your start your childish rantings....
Why not BLB...Be like Bob...instead of slinging mud on the accuser's and the messengers, check the facts, then take responsibility and send the thugs down the road....

Rooster - it's obvious to me that you would never let the facts get in the way of the inyourendo. You've got Marco pegged as a thug before he even goes to trial based on accusations that weren't raised to the cops for over 6 years. And somehow you've got the Longhorn program risking NCAA sanction and police risking their jobs for a 5th stringer who doesn't like to work out and doesn't log PT? Not sure what conspiracy tent you live under, but I'd say this has more to do with either (1) the kid didn't know who to blame or ID or (2) incompetant police work. Either way, I'll wait to see the facts on this one before starting to call Marco a thug or child molestor.

Rooster
8/11/2006, 01:28 PM
http://texas.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=2788#bio

I would say that this ties him to texas.....

Big Red Ron
8/11/2006, 01:31 PM
Yuck, queers. :rolleyes:

soonerboy_odanorth
8/11/2006, 01:40 PM

Would it be any better if it were a 6-year old girl?

No need to bold... it's sick either way.

It is a huge deal if a 16 year-old, very large athlete presses himself sexually upon a 14 year-old girl. How many 14-year olds of either sex do you know that really are ready for sex?

What? Did you skip life the day they were teaching common decency and morals?

But I will say this has very little, if anything, to do with Texas as a program.

I seriously doubt Mack Brown would ever knowingly ink a kid with a sexual assault rap sheet.

jackietreehorn
8/11/2006, 01:45 PM
we should nail his **** to the floor, give him a butter knife, and set the house on fire.

hopefully he goes to the pen- i hear child molesters don't make it long in there.

"When he moved to Hollywood he had to go door to door to tell everyone he was a pederast.":D

1991SOONER
8/11/2006, 01:45 PM
I seriously doubt Mack Brown would ever knowingly ink a kid with a sexual assault rap sheet.

True, but Mack obviously is not a good judge of character.

Besides that, who ever said Mack Brown KNOWS ANYTHYING??:confused:

Desert Sapper
8/13/2006, 02:51 PM
really?

that's great reasoning comparing aggregate crime #s of states with populations of 22,859,968 and 3,547,884.

Actually I was pointing out that you are a complete moron for bringing any crime statistics into this thread, particularly when they have nothing whatever to do with the thread itself. I was showing you how arbitrary the statistics really are, particularly when they don't account for the specifics of the case. In this case, what you would want would be the statistics of teenagers assaulting 6 y/o boys. Good luck with your hunt, superstar. I'm glad you caught the irony of my post. :rolleyes:

goingoneight
8/13/2006, 03:11 PM
Case:

Point 1. Child molestation is sick. Even if he was to do it now to the 12 year old, rather than when he was only 6. People who believed in and released Michael Jackson will have that on their hearts when another "ignorant accusation of child molestation" comes up.

Point 2. He was 16, I've heard of this case before... while it makes for a funny shirt, it has nothing to do with the Texas Football Program, and Mack Brown isn't God, so he wouldn't have known that.

Point 3. Comparing criminal rates in Oklahoma and Texas is stupid. We're not talking two different species here, they're human, American, and sick-minded thugs who deserve to reap what they sow. Just as many "percentage sites" Texas throws OUr way, we'll always be able to say... you're bigger, there's always more. This goes for Trailer parks, rednecks, NASCAR lovers (like it or not, it's a stereotype), criminals, failing students, etc.

KYHonorarySooner
8/13/2006, 03:23 PM
Hook em

Rooster
8/13/2006, 05:43 PM
No, you cant fault Mack Brown for this...However, when one thing after another gets swept under the rug at UTokem, The 4 players with dope in the car, RT with his mugging accusations and then the excuses when he is caught with 5 pounds of cheeba, Ricky Williams admitting that he had smoked dope since grade school and no positive drug tests at UTokem, stolen plasma screen TV's, on and on and on...
Thats why I'm was proud of what Stoops did when he booted Bomar and Quinn...No excuses, no wait to see if the NCAA can drag up anything..
Well anyway back to the subject, with all the thuggery that goes on down there and now this guy didn't get thrown in jail until after he was off the team its worth bringing up because it fits the profile of the team...

PlanOUred
8/13/2006, 07:50 PM
I don't know a lot about the investigative procedures of the police involved in this case, but if they couldn't find him, maybe looking in Austin on a Saturday afternoon might have been a good start. Or maybe at a UT practice session. Funny how they located him after the season was over. Wonder how hard they were looking or maybe UT helped delay them. If they didn't you have to wonder why they didn't find him. He was a well know player on the UT team. Everyone in the state of Texas and the entire Big 12 area knew where he was....for four full years. Makes you go HMMMM. About like the four guys caught with dope in their cars or the guys caught fighting just before the Rose Bowl on sixth street. HMMMMM.

Ash
8/13/2006, 08:27 PM

That's what I was thinking. Police couldn't track him down???? He's (or at least the team he plays for) on TV or radio and in the papers every freakin' week for months at a time and you don't know where he is???? Even if they didn't know he was a football player at first, you'd think the info would get around eventually...

f***kin' sicko :texan: !!!!!!

By the way, it doesn't matter when he was on "Macks watch" why isn't this happening until after the NC???

TXBOOMER
8/13/2006, 08:50 PM
this is stupid

I heard it was a 9 year old boy that he molested.

Please ban this turd!

Ash
8/13/2006, 09:05 PM
[QUOTE=KyleUT] The Dallas PD is full of WHorn-loving whorn lovers who refuse to arrest Whorns.
QUOTE]

Naw...there's some aggies in there, too. :texan: But having lived in Dallas, I can say: you're right Dallas PD wouldn't ever do anything remotely shady...I mean it's not like they just came off of a huge scandal that rocked the entire department or anything...:rolleyes:

LOL

BTW: fixed.

olevetonahill
8/13/2006, 09:31 PM
But, but, but, It was a lil :texan: molested by a short :texan:
No harm no foul :eek: