PDA

View Full Version : Why yall worried?

NormanOU
8/10/2006, 10:01 PM
Why are yall worried about QB. All we need is a Qb who can run the O and move the ball without making huge mistakes and maybe make a few passes to one of 4 targets. PT can do that + he can scramble if theres nothin there. O and there is also a guy named Adrian in the backfield with him. I feel just as confident as i did 3 months ago. Next year is where im worried unless Bradford is the next JW.

Blue
8/10/2006, 10:05 PM
Why are ya worried about QB. All we need is a Qb who can run the O and move the ball without making huge mistakes and maybe make a few passes to one of 4 targets. PT can do that + he can scramble is theres nothin there. O and there is also a guy named Adrian in the backfield with him. I feel just as confident as i did 3 months ago. Next year is where im worried unless Bradford is the next JW.

Because we saw this same argument exactly 12 months ago and we saw what happened.

Granted we have a better team this year, but we had a good team last year, so I won't be drinking the kool-aid just yet.

NormanOU
8/10/2006, 10:08 PM
Because we saw this same argument exactly 12 months ago and we saw what happened.

Granted we have a better team this year, but we had a good team last year, so I won't be drinking the kool-aid just yet.

3 frosh WR and chuck at OC. KW i think is a better OC for what we got. Just wait. If the Ravens can win a SB with Trent Dilfer we can win with PT. I like our D-REGGIE!!!!!!!!!

Abby12
8/10/2006, 10:18 PM
You sooners are livin in freaking 'fantasy island'. PT is the least of your problems, your sorry *** OL is gonna kill yall this year and the next several for that matter.

One of the more knowledgeable and unbiased observers in the OU camp had this to say about their OL after Wilson's comments yesterday:

"No, where Wilson is hurting is at O-line, which he has left in a state close to being called a "shambles". He has some promising starters. He has nothing but 1st year backups who just arrived on campus. He has no 3rd team.

Paul Thompson is not the biggest question mark on this offense. O-line is. And Wilson just vacated that position, leaving the cupboard about as bare as I've ever seen it at OU. Even John Blake's O-line coach (Denver Johnson) had more to work with than what Wilson has left for Patton.

To wit:

A QB turned right tackle who has played exactly one game at left tackle while at OU, and that was 4 years ago (Messner).

A promising, yet quite inexperienced left guard (Robinson).

A promising yet still injured center (Cooper, and yes his ankle is still hurting him on a minute-to-minute basis).

A right guard who arrived on campus in June.

A right tackle who got some playing time last year and looks to be like a good one (Braxton).

His 2nd team looks like this: True freshman, true freshman, true freshman, Juco transfer, true freshman.

His 3rd team looks like this: Nobody, a hurt redshirt freshman, the same hurt redshirt freshman, a hurt redshirt freshman, nobody.

The 3rd team consists entirely of Brian Simmons and Ben Barresi--both hurt.

If I were Patton, I might be tempted to punch Wilson now and again for leaving the O-line position in such sorry shape."

Worst for uo is that all the top TX HS OL have already committed to Texas making your rebuilding even harder. Get ready for another long painful year and no chance come October in Dallas.

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 10:19 PM
NormanOU: You're a Sooner bretheren (is that how you spell it?) so I'll put it nicely, people study their OU football past, present and future very tough here and most are very good at forecasting OUr strengths and weaknesses. OUr OL is weakened, especially with the losses of block-masters J.D. Runnels and Bubba Moses. Kicking off an OL, while it is necessary and takes guts by anyone in Stoops situation, is kicking us right where it hurts. Losing OUr solidified starting QB, though he was questioned by many... hurts, too. People often times say all a QB needs to do is this-or-that, but the truth is, you need a healthy passing game these days, cuz the ball flies faster than it runs. AD can rush for 500 yards per game, but if a team can throw the ball on us, they'll beat us eventually. AD is not the team, we need to keep the opposing defenses honest with a reasonable arial attack so we don't kill the guy. While we aren't expecting a 4-7 year, many people's hopes of a slow-start with a rapid-fire finish are now even more questioned than the appropriately-named "idiot" was.

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 10:23 PM
You sooners are livin in freaking 'fantasy island'. PT is the least of your problems, your sorry *** OL is gonna kill yall this year and the next several for that matter.

One of the more knowledgeable and unbiased observers in the OU camp had this to say about their OL after Wilson's comments yesterday:

"No, where Wilson is hurting is at O-line, which he has left in a state close to being called a "shambles". He has some promising starters. He has nothing but 1st year backups who just arrived on campus. He has no 3rd team.

Paul Thompson is not the biggest question mark on this offense. O-line is. And Wilson just vacated that position, leaving the cupboard about as bare as I've ever seen it at OU. Even John Blake's O-line coach (Denver Johnson) had more to work with than what Wilson has left for Patton.

To wit:

A QB turned right tackle who has played exactly one game at left tackle while at OU, and that was 4 years ago (Messner).

A promising yet still injured center (Cooper, and yes his ankle is still hurting him on a minute-to-minute basis).

A right tackle who got some playing time last year and looks to be like a good one (Braxton).

His 2nd team looks like this: True freshman, true freshman, true freshman, Juco transfer, true freshman.

His 3rd team looks like this: Nobody, a hurt redshirt freshman, the same hurt redshirt freshman, a hurt redshirt freshman, nobody.

If I were Patton, I might be tempted to punch Wilson now and again for leaving the O-line position in such sorry shape."

Worst for uo is that all the top TX HS OL have already committed to Texas making your rebuilding even harder. Get ready for another long painful year and no chance come October in Dallas.

Well, I thought I'd get through at least one day without a stupid aggy/delusional whorn posting here.

Do you think OU was going to be famous in 2006 because of their offense??? Sure, AD is an all-world back, and we've got some quality WRs, but the almost completely 3-deep defense is OUr strong point in 2006.

sitzpinkler
8/10/2006, 10:23 PM

To wit:

STFU

Soonerman08
8/10/2006, 10:33 PM
You people tend to forget that we have more than 1 running back capable of running the football quite well. I think at times we use a two back set and keep Defenses at bay because we don't have a fullback so it's time to start utilizing that deep talent pool at running back we have. Also you all keep ruling Halzle out of the equation at qb? Nobody is giving this guy a shot, everyone states "Well he is here just for backup reasons." He may actually be our starter next year. Experience really helps a player out and we wouldn't have recruited him if he wasn't at least good.

JPNSKER
8/10/2006, 11:23 PM
From an ubiased point of view (at least not :texan: anyway), I agree with Abby12 about OU's O-line issues.

When NU had their run in the 90's, we had a mean O-line. Case in point: #1 QB had went down (Frazier-blood clots), #2 had went down (Berringer - collapsed lung) and we had walk-on Matt freakin Turman win a game for us against KSU, as well as other games. All he did was hand off to crazy Larry that day and we got it done. If we hadn't had that O-line that year, we would have never repeated.

It starts on the line and unless OU's youngsters mature very quickly (and I hope they do) it could be another 8-4, 9-3 season. AD is awesome, but when there's 2-3 D-lineman or backers hitting him, the same time he gets the ball, he won't have very good days ahead....

Frozen Sooner
8/10/2006, 11:31 PM
Why are yall worried about QB. All we need is a Qb who can run the O and move the ball without making huge mistakes and maybe make a few passes to one of 4 targets.

Sorta answered your own question there.

I have faith that Paul Thompson can do this. This faith is not based on any empirical evidence.

jwlynn64
8/10/2006, 11:38 PM
NU vs OU on Dec 2, 2006. You read it here first

I guess your analysis in completely unbiased.

Remember, if your team was in the South, you would be fighting with Tech to see who is the third best team in the division.

JPNSKER
8/10/2006, 11:59 PM
I guess your analysis in completely unbiased.

Remember, if your team was in the South, you would be fighting with Tech to see who is the third best team in the division.

I think we should probably wait until the end of the season to see who's where in the div, don't you think?

The reason I think OU will beat texas, is Mack still hasn't impressed me with his coaching ability. VY is the reason they've won a lot lately and Mack will be forced to "coach" again. I honestly can't understand how they only have 1 title with all the talent they pull in...????:confused:

goingoneight
8/11/2006, 12:27 AM
I think we should probably wait until the end of the season to see who's where in the div, don't you think?

The reason I think OU will beat texas, is Mack still hasn't impressed me with his coaching ability. VY is the reason they've won a lot lately and Mack will be forced to "coach" again. I honestly can't understand how they only have 1 title with all the talent they pull in...????:confused:

Barry Switzer made a comment recently on the morning animal about guys like Barry Sanders, Joe Washington and, well Vince Young. He said that there is a fine line between field-smarts and god-given talents, namely those to make people miss like those guys did. This season, Gene Chizik is a more than capable DC, and with the stronghold on Texas recruits he's recently grasped, their D will be as stout as it has ever been. But the "coaching" will certainly be tested in 2006 with the whorn offense.

In 2005, OU had n00bs at WR, QB and a struggling OL. Without AD, we could have suffered a seriously devastating season. But the attitude and small things like tackling, protecting yourself, etc. began to show its face more and more until at the end of the season, a one man team grew into a potential BCS contender. OU definitely has the coaching to make big things happen. Like you say, JPNSKER, I have yet to see anything Texas has done that Vince's legs, Chrissy's arm or their other individual talents haven't done for them. I got in the habit of getting OU/TX tickets ever since the collapse in 1999... because it is exciting when you have that advantage over your opponent, especially a rival, to be able to beat them with coaching, technique, and overall just playing smarter. We even manage the clock better than they do!

For this reason, I still believe Bob Stoops > Mack Brown. This has nothing to do with scoreboard, wins, losses, triumphant performances, etc. Stoops is truly a blessing to Sooner Fans everywhere, and will continue to win and prove it...

Egeo
8/11/2006, 01:01 AM
our oline isnt gonna face a dline like ours on gameday - i think they'll be alright
as long as we dont have more than 1 injury

Chi Gamma Blackness
8/11/2006, 10:25 AM

Abby is it? Who are you again? Idiots like this make me wish it were Tuesday everyday. By the way, I like livin' in "freakin fantasy island"....I have a fabulous tan.

AZSOONER
8/11/2006, 11:51 AM
I'm ready for the wishbone with ENA, AD, Patrick and guitierez.

JohnnyMack
8/11/2006, 12:07 PM
Our offensive line situation makes me want to throw up.

BermudaSooner
8/11/2006, 12:19 PM
You sooners are livin in freaking 'fantasy island'.

Well, actually, yes I am.

CU Sooner
8/11/2006, 01:31 PM
I know there is concern about the O-line, but i believe in KW's gameplanning. If he can do big things at Northwestern he should have no problem here. The other part is we don't have Chuck Long and his predictable plays, early in the season we will need to fool people until we gel. If Chuck were still here we'd be in trouble, he's not and were lining up for #8.

Oh look, Da Plane, Da Plane!

Abby12
8/11/2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, my name is Abby...what of it? I'm a fan of college football....and I just get tired of alot of these kool-aid drinking sooners who always believe their team is the best at everything and everyone else is lucky, or a one man team.

You people never give due credit to any other team for a great season, great players, etc. While I agree the ou defense will be stout this year, definately the strength of the team by far, and AD is an all world back. Your O-Line will prevent you from competing for a NC this year and for the next few years until you get experienced, all-american beef up front. Which is more important for you next year? Blue-chip QB or O-Linemen?

Do you really think AD has any chance for 2,200 yards this year with a pourus line? Do you think PT will have the time to make plays? Your defense will be good enough to keep you in many low scoring games, but it good enough to win games? How many playmakers do you have on defense and special teams that can win a game?

OKC-SLC
8/11/2006, 09:13 PM
Yes, my name is Abby...what of it? I'm a fan of college football....and I just get tired of alot of these kool-aid drinking sooners who always believe their team is the best at everything and everyone else is lucky, or a one man team.

You people never give due credit to any other team for a great season, great players, etc. While I agree the ou defense will be stout this year, definately the strength of the team by far, and AD is an all world back. Your O-Line will prevent you from competing for a NC this year and for the next few years until you get experienced, all-american beef up front. Which is more important for you next year? Blue-chip QB or O-Linemen?

Do you really think AD has any chance for 2,200 yards this year with a pourus line? Do you think PT will have the time to make plays? Your defense will be good enough to keep you in many low scoring games, but it good enough to win games? How many playmakers do you have on defense and special teams that can win a game?

shut up.

Clever Trevor
8/11/2006, 09:44 PM
I am giddy. Zac and my Blackshirts will pwn all of you!!! Baaaaaaah!!!!

BASSooner
8/11/2006, 10:25 PM

you wanna know why we believe that OUr team can be the best at everything or get lucky or have miracles happen...............because.....it's happend before....

Blue
8/12/2006, 01:17 AM

You seem like a woman to me. **** you and you're analysis.

RedstickSooner
8/12/2006, 01:37 AM
Why do we have to click on a whorn's name, and go to their profile, before we can add them to our ignore list?

Or, is there a shortcut I'm not aware of?

Joe87OU1
8/12/2006, 01:38 AM
you wanna know why we believe that OUr team can be the best at everything or get lucky or have miracles happen...............because.....it's happend before....

And they call it.....Sooner Magic!

Hide & watch.