PDA

View Full Version : Missed Placed Sooner in Oregon

StuIsTheMan
8/10/2006, 02:48 PM
You all should hear all of the Oregon Phuck oops I mean(no I don't) Duck fans up here...they actually think they got a shot now that Bomar is gone. I just laugh and say, there chances just got a whole lot worse with Thompson leading the Sooners into Eugene. Another thing, being this will be my first time seeing the Sooners up here, how many do you think will travel to this game.

jwlynn64
8/10/2006, 02:51 PM
A lot of season ticket holders were denied tickets to that game. I'm guessing that there will be a good showing.

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 02:53 PM
Well, Bomar was, in all honesty, the reason we did so well in San Diego. If it wasn't for him, good defensive battle, with a duckie win... Hopefully ENA can manage the game better and not turn bad plays into horrible plays. That should be sufficient enough to pick up right where we left off in 2005.

PDXsooner
8/10/2006, 03:46 PM
oregon fans are more than confident, they're downright cocky. i hear it all day. they're all convinced that it'll be so loud it'll throw thompson's signal calling off, the team won't be able to focus, etc etc etc.

i've been to no less than 30 duck games over the past ten years, and i know the environment will be loud and electric. the oregon-michigan game in 2003 was the loudest i've ever been to anywhere. OU will have their work cut out, no question.

but last time i checked we still had peterson and a pretty stingy D. i think oregon fans forget what oklahoma football is all about. looking forward to reminding them on the 16th...

DrZaius
8/10/2006, 04:06 PM
Oregon Smoregon.........

Primo
8/10/2006, 04:13 PM
oregon fans are more than confident, they're downright cocky. i hear it all day. they're all convinced that it'll be so loud it'll throw thompson's signal calling off, the team won't be able to focus, etc etc etc.

i've been to no less than 30 duck games over the past ten years, and i know the environment will be loud and electric. the oregon-michigan game in 2003 was the loudest i've ever been to anywhere. OU will have their work cut out, no question.

but last time i checked we still had peterson and a pretty stingy D. i think oregon fans forget what oklahoma football is all about. looking forward to reminding them on the 16th...

Somehow I doubt that Autzen was very loud when USC put a beat down on the Ducks last fall. I don't doubt that it is loud, but I think it is a function of how it is built. I was not overwhelmed by the loudness of the Duck fans in San Diego.

I am believing the Sooners will be ready.

PDXsooner
8/10/2006, 04:46 PM
Somehow I doubt that Autzen was very loud when USC put a beat down on the Ducks last fall. I don't doubt that it is loud, but I think it is a function of how it is built. I was not overwhelmed by the loudness of the Duck fans in San Diego.

I am believing the Sooners will be ready.

it's loud. whether or not it's a function of how it's built or whether there are sound-fairies reflecting the sound waves back into the stadium -- i don't know. but it's loud.

of course, if peterson breaks a couple of long ones early and OU gets a big lead, it won't be so loud.

Jello Biafra
8/10/2006, 04:52 PM
it's loud. whether or not it's a function of how it's built or whether there are sound-fairies reflecting the sound waves back into the stadium -- i don't know. but it's loud.

of course, if peterson breaks a couple of long ones early and OU gets a big lead, it won't be so loud.

first texas if lifting weights...now oregon will have the crowd loud and ready for us.

it's the beginning of the end for us i tell you.

PDXsooner
8/10/2006, 04:57 PM
one problem with oregon fans is that they think there aren't any other loud stadiums. i think a&m is easily as loud. not to mention several SEC venues.

Soonermagik
8/10/2006, 04:59 PM

Yeah, he can quiet opposing crowds real quick :)

BrockLanders
8/10/2006, 05:10 PM
Remember that game "Oregon Trail"? It sucked.

soonerlaw
8/10/2006, 05:16 PM
I don't think it just Oregon, I think its everbody on our schedule that is probably thinking that they can just stack the box, contain Peterson, and try to force PT to beat them. They forget that we still have some stud recievers who are no doubt going to make catches regardless of who is throwing them, and then we have Patrick who I think is extremely explosive along with Gute to help AD in the backfield, and then the D will be good. I think all in all, we will be a much stronger, more experienced and better team than the one in the Holiday Bowl, despite the controvery of late.

caphorns
8/10/2006, 05:36 PM
first texas if lifting weights...

Hey wait. That worked ;)

PDXsooner
8/10/2006, 05:45 PM
Hey wait. That worked ;)

yeah, and in 36 more years you might win another one!

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:25 PM
Until I see either team play, I call this game a draw, but no reason for the ducks to be cocky. The ONE thing I think they have in their favor is that they're due. That's mainly it. It's not easy to beat a good program 3 times in three years. We'll see.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/10/2006, 09:47 PM
Maybe Brady Leaf can continue to be generous and throw a few more picks in our general direction.

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 11:11 PM
I am more concerned with Oregon than I am with Texass. Much like everyone has said, it's a two-game schedule. If you can overcome these two, you're more than capable of the rest, and you are your own worst enemy.

Egeo
8/11/2006, 12:51 AM
Well, Bomar was, in all honesty, the reason we did so well in San Diego. If it wasn't for him, good defensive battle, with a duckie win... Hopefully ENA can manage the game better and not turn bad plays into horrible plays. That should be sufficient enough to pick up right where we left off in 2005.
i disagree... we held UO to 10 points - i think the defense is why we did so well

bomar played his best game yet and threw a pretty td pass to runnels
our defense carried us all year and in that game too

Egeo
8/11/2006, 12:53 AM
I am more concerned with Oregon than I am with Texass. Much like everyone has said, it's a two-game schedule. If you can overcome these two, you're more than capable of the rest, and you are your own worst enemy.
we always struggle at texam
and i dont want to overlook the pokes - i want to embarass them

OUstud
8/11/2006, 12:57 AM

Blasphemy! That game was awesome! Except when you shot 5,000 pounds of food but could only carry 2,000 back to the wagon.

jwlynn64
8/11/2006, 08:45 AM

Remember, the game against the Ducks a couple of years ago was Petersons first long run. A 64 yard (i think) TD!

The Ducks are prime for Perterson.

msteudem
8/11/2006, 09:17 AM

I agree. I think if we do really good in the Oregon game we have a good chance of going undefeated. (Of course I have my crimson glasses on.) The nice thing about the RRS game is that we have an extra week to prepare for it.

TexasLidig8r
8/11/2006, 09:26 AM
What is Oregon's front seven on defense like? I know they lost that big Samoan, Ngata, to the NFL... But, what is left?

With this game being early in the season, OU's very green offensive line may have its hands full and timing between Thompson and your receivers will still be in its infancy.

Ruuuuuufus
8/11/2006, 09:32 AM

You have died of dysentery.

msteudem
8/11/2006, 09:34 AM
What is Oregon's front seven on defense like? I know they lost that big Samoan, Ngata, to the NFL... But, what is left?

With this game being early in the season, OU's very green offensive line may have its hands full and timing between Thompson and your receivers will still be in its infancy.

This goes both ways. Oregon will be in the same situation except we will be able to get more pressure with our pass rush.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/11/2006, 10:57 AM
I don't think it just Oregon, I think its everbody on our schedule that is probably thinking that they can just stack the box, contain Peterson, and try to force PT to beat them. They forget that we still have some stud recievers who are no doubt going to make catches regardless of who is throwing them, and then we have Patrick who I think is extremely explosive along with Gute to help AD in the backfield, and then the D will be good. I think all in all, we will be a much stronger, more experienced and better team than the one in the Holiday Bowl, despite the controvery of late.

Alex, the answer is the option offense...

PDXsooner
8/11/2006, 11:01 AM

they lost ngata and another de stud, devan long. but they have a couple of capable replacements that are supposed to be good. one is a juco guy that they beat OU out to get, and they have dexter manley, jr.

birddog
8/11/2006, 11:17 AM
i think it's more than a 2 game schedule. we have to play the games still. unfortunately, the other teams tend to show up too. i think we'll stumble a couple of times this year, i hate to say. 4 out of 5 to end the season are on the road. i don't like that one bit. but we'll see how it goes. i know i'm definitely ready for it to get going. it's gonna be a helluva fun season.

PDXsooner
8/11/2006, 01:10 PM
2 game schedule? at a&m, tech and at OSU aren't what i would call easy...

The Maestro
8/11/2006, 01:21 PM

More importantly, Oregon starts two newbies at corner, which should benefit PT. Also, they play Fresno State the week before us so the focus will have to be squarely on Fresno State instead of us for two weeks.

JohnnyMack
8/11/2006, 01:25 PM
We have never played a game in a loud stadium. We are doomed. I'm going to stop watching OU football.

Zing
8/11/2006, 01:34 PM
We have never played a game in a loud stadium. We are doomed. I'm going to stop watching OU football.

That's probably best.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/11/2006, 01:45 PM

DOOMED! Heh! Just you wait....:D

JohnnyMack
8/11/2006, 01:47 PM
DOOMED! Heh! Just you wait....:D

You're gonna have a field day with this season. :D

StuIsTheMan
8/11/2006, 01:50 PM

...Just turn down the TV if it's to loud

kbsooner
8/11/2006, 03:22 PM
If only I had bought that spare yoke before crossing the river!

Blasphemy! That game was awesome! Except when you shot 5,000 pounds of food but could only carry 2,000 back to the wagon.