PDA

View Full Version : Terry Bowden's Sweet Sixteen

jdsooner
8/10/2006, 02:37 PM
OU has dropped from #3 to #8.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AhXsf.cl02iJph.Sp4WI4Y05nYcB?slug=tb-06ncaafpreview_sweet16&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

King Crimson
8/10/2006, 02:40 PM
his comment about the "run game/no passing game" seems to leave out the fact that AD didn't play much during 2 of our losses last year. and Tech, meh.

better stick to digging for truffles, TB.

jackietreehorn
8/10/2006, 02:40 PM
that doesn't bother me a bit, i like coming from behind with our team. we do better with this role imo.

jdsooner
8/10/2006, 02:42 PM
Of course, either Texas or Ohio State will drop prior to our game with Texas. Oregon is not rated in his top 16, so we should be favored in that.

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 02:56 PM
I think Oregon will be a big game, but they got kicked square in the n*** like we did with NFL draft/graduations. Haloti Ngata was a nightmarish D man with sensational blocking ability. No bootlegs this year for Mike Belotti is all I can guess, for now...

Blues1
8/10/2006, 06:19 PM
OU has dropped from #3 to #8.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AhXsf.cl02iJph.Sp4WI4Y05nYcB?slug=tb-06ncaafpreview_sweet16&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I Like the fact We've dropped in everyone's latest polls - It makes it more sweeter when we come back and Win every game...!!! ---:D

Still Rockin'

BlackShirtBeast
8/10/2006, 06:46 PM
Do you actually think that Oklahoma deserves to be #3, do you really think they would be able to hold that spot. With all thats happened, i think its a compliment that your #8 on his list, and a just one considering that no one knows if your team is going to show up and play or fall backwards. I prefer the latter. The only other problem is that Cal is listed as #11, most likely a 20-25 team IMO.

Harry Beanbag
8/10/2006, 07:34 PM
Do you actually think that Oklahoma deserves to be #3, do you really think they would be able to hold that spot. With all thats happened, i think its a compliment that your #8 on his list, and a just one considering that no one knows if your team is going to show up and play or fall backwards. I prefer the latter. The only other problem is that Cal is listed as #11, most likely a 20-25 team IMO.

I don't see where anybody in this thread said OU should be #3. :confused:

Desert Sapper
8/10/2006, 07:34 PM

I don't think anybody is arguing that Terry Bowden should rank us #3 on his list. This just gives us a nice angle as an underdog team. We started 2000 ranked #19 in the AP, with Nebraska ranked #1. We didn't even crack the top 10 until October. If you don't recall, in a four week period that year we beat #11 Texas 63-14, #2 K-State 41-31, and #1 Nebraska 31-14. By the end of October we were #1 and never looked back. Hence the optimism about our lower starting spot. I hope they kick us down a few more notches before the AP is released. It would be perfect if we started where we ended last year: #22.

And before you start your troll routine, you should look back on the storied history of your University and try to act like maybe you've been there before. Right now, you sound like a pogue from Stoolwater. It seems like your fanbase has been heading that direction. Nothing but common and low class. You all need to pull your heads out of your collective fourth point of contact and act like adults or you'll never return to the promised land.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:23 PM
Even though you guys are trigger happy on flaming people, i have to say, my experience here has left me with the impression that OU fans are as realistic and humble about their own team as they come... Props..

Harry Beanbag
8/10/2006, 08:28 PM
Even though you guys are trigger happy on flaming people, i have to say, my experience here has left me with the impression that OU fans are as realistic and humble about their own team as they come... Props..

We've been overrun with trolls for the last year and half, hence the itchy trigger fingers.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:30 PM
I see us as being in the 10-13 range. Before Bomar, I think I said 8-10 range.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:36 PM
We've been overrun with trolls for the last year and half, hence the itchy trigger fingers.

Well, I came here b/c i got a link, read some posts, and it seemed like a neat place to discuss football.. But noone wants to talk football here with outsiders, b/c they take everything as insults instead of observations or opinions..

Desert Sapper
8/10/2006, 09:42 PM
Well, I came here b/c i got a link, read some posts, and it seemed like a neat place to discuss football.. But noone wants to talk football here with outsiders, b/c they take everything as insults instead of observations or opinions..

Please note that Blackshirtbeast stated "no one knows if your team is going to show up and play or fall backwards. I prefer the latter." Now this is either one of two things:

a) He doesn't realize that by saying he prefers the latter he is in effect saying that he prefers we don't show up to play.

or

b) He is intentionally trying to insult us or otherwise instigate problems on the forum.

I prefer the former, but I assumed the latter, because I see wayyyy too many NU 'fans' jumping on with the intent to p!$$ us off.

BlackShirtBeast
8/11/2006, 11:28 AM

I was asking a question, to actually see if you fans think that OU deserves to be #3 or #8. I wanst tryin to stab at anyone just wondering if you think that they actually DESERVE the rankings that they're getting:)

BlackShirtBeast
8/11/2006, 11:31 AM
Please note that Blackshirtbeast stated "no one knows if your team is going to show up and play or fall backwards. I prefer the latter." Now this is either one of two things:

a) He doesn't realize that by saying he prefers the latter he is in effect saying that he prefers we don't show up to play.

or

b) He is intentionally trying to insult us or otherwise instigate problems on the forum.

I prefer the former, but I assumed the latter, because I see wayyyy too many NU 'fans' jumping on with the intent to p!$$ us off.

Damn!! you peaple are so smart....cant get anything past you:rolleyes:

soonerinabilene
8/11/2006, 11:55 AM
Damn!! you peaple are so smart....cant get anything past you:rolleyes:

what is a peAple, oh enlightened one?

JohnnyMack
8/11/2006, 11:57 AM
I think #8 is a more appropriate rating with or without what's his face on our team.

birddog
8/11/2006, 12:01 PM
i agree. we may be in the #8-10 range for a few more years.

BlackShirtBeast
8/11/2006, 12:10 PM
what is a peAple, oh enlightened one?

definition please

can you use it in a sentence?

is it greek or latin?

David Earl
8/11/2006, 10:40 PM
definition please

can you use it in a sentence?

is it greek or latin?

He asked first.

RedstickSooner
8/12/2006, 02:49 AM
I don't think we should be ranked any higher than wherever we ended the season ranked last year.

Since it wasn't top-5, I didn't pay much attention. Where'd we end up?

PalmBeachSooner
8/12/2006, 07:44 PM

I don't give a hairy rat's poopy hole where they rank us at this point. I think we are in a good position to make a huge impact on the college football world this year. We really are an unknown commodity at this point, however this is no questioning there is some serious talent. I'm excited.

douxpaysan
8/12/2006, 08:36 PM
I see us top 25 with the potential to be top 10. We have 4 or 5 tough games.(Oregon, Texas, Tech, A@M, Missouri) What worries me is all those road games late in the year but I am encouraged by how fired up the team is at this time. Here's to beating the hell out of Texas.