PDA

View Full Version : The Reed Center in MWC

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2006, 02:15 PM
How's that doing? Do many people use it for weddings? Do companies use it for training? Anyone know if it gets used much?

http://www.reedcenter.com/index.html

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 02:24 PM
Yes and yes and yes. It's THE spot for meetings, conferences in MWC for the college, the base, the city of MWC - you name it. Busy place. And we needed it because the old convention center in the municipal building was waaaay too small.

I'm scared of why you're asking...

Taxman71
8/10/2006, 02:27 PM
Hopefully it is for a wedding so the bachelors and bachelorettes can cruise Air Depot the night before the wedding.

Meet me in the Hardee's parking lot *********!

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2006, 02:29 PM
I helped build it. Years ago as an intern. I was just wondering about how it was doing.

King Crimson
8/10/2006, 02:33 PM
i heard it's great but for all the curious urine stains.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/10/2006, 02:34 PM
Hopefully it is for a wedding so the bachelors and bachelorettes can cruise Air Depot the night before the wedding.

Meet me in the Hardee's parking lot *********!

Holy crap...I haven't heard cruising and Air Depot in the same sentence in forever and forget Hardee's...Carl's Jr... Schlotzky's. They all have closed in that location on 15th and Air Depot...

SoonerInKCMO
8/10/2006, 02:37 PM
:les: THEY CLOSED SCHLOTZSKY'S?!?!?!? BASTARDS!!!!1111!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 02:43 PM
:les: THEY CLOSED SCHLOTZSKY'S?!?!?!? BASTARDS!!!!1111!!

Yes.

And I'm still pi$$ed about it. :mad:

I'll bet several of us were cruising Air Depot at the same time. We've prolly honked at each other before!

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 02:44 PM
I helped build it. Years ago as an intern. I was just wondering about how it was doing.

Want me to take a pic for you? I drive by it every...stinkin'...day...:mack:

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 02:45 PM

Can you get one of it eating a taco because you've been saying that for a week.

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 02:46 PM
Look, here's one on the innerweb with the same name!!!

http://www.reedcenter.com/

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2006, 02:46 PM

yesssss!! Could you make it a funny picture?

Are the Section 8 apartments still over there by the overflow parking lot?

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2006, 02:47 PM
Look, here's one on the innerweb with the same name!!!

http://www.reedcenter.com/

I wish someone would have posted that link earlier...

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 02:48 PM
I wish someone would have posted that link earlier...

Word. Idjits. Makes me want to post on your User Notes.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 02:51 PM
yesssss!! Could you make it a funny picture?

Are the Section 8 apartments still over there by the overflow parking lot?

That enrtire corridor along I-40 is TOTALLY different. A Sheraton just opened. There's so much new retail going along 29th...it's amazing how fast it's growing. You wouldn't recognize it right now.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 02:52 PM
Can you get one of it eating a taco because you've been saying that for a week.

I wonder iff'n I'll feel silly going throught the drive-thru for a 2nd time this week and getting one taco with sour cream.

I'm guessing 'yes'.

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 02:53 PM
I wonder iff'n I'll feel silly going throught the drive-thru for a 2nd time this week and getting one taco with sour cream.

I'm guessing 'yes'.

Just tell them it's for your cat, they'll understand completely.

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2006, 02:59 PM
Word. Idjits. Makes me want to post on your User Notes.

it was a different one. thanks for trying to help a brotha out though..

When I worked there the only places to eat were Don's ( I think that's what it is called) and some messican food place but nothing was nearby.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/10/2006, 03:04 PM

I'm guessing 'yes'.

I have only been gone a year and I barely recognize the place. I was born in raised there and it is so different everytime I go back. I still have a hard time driving to Target on 29th St and not Reno. The one thing I miss most about Midwest City is Del Rancho! I am jonesing for a Steak Sandwich Supreme right now!

Taxman71
8/10/2006, 03:23 PM
The new corridor is nice on 29th, but nobody knows what I mean when I use the phrase "I'd rather live in the Fleetwood Apartments than....." anymore.

FYI-Mid-Del fistfights in the median of Air Depot were the shiznit back when Motley Crue and Camaros ruled the earth.

Petro-Sooner
8/10/2006, 03:29 PM
FYI-Mid-Del fistfights in the median of Air Depot were the shiznit back when Motley Crue and Camaros ruled the earth.

Ummmm Motley Crue will always rule the earth. Thank you very much. :mad:

:D

Taxman71
8/10/2006, 03:37 PM
And by Motley Crue you really mean Supernova?

:D

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 03:46 PM
I have only been gone a year and I barely recognize the place. I was born in raised there and it is so different everytime I go back. I still have a hard time driving to Target on 29th St and not Reno. The one thing I miss most about Midwest City is Del Rancho! I am jonesing for a Steak Sandwich Supreme right now!

The original one is still open on Midwest Blvd. They even still have those old, janky-a$$ metal caller thingies to order with. Same old sign...same EVERYTHING. They opened a new one on Reno just north of the mall but it closed and now it's a Popeye's.

Mmmm, chicken....

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 03:48 PM
The new corridor is nice on 29th, but nobody knows what I mean when I use the phrase "I'd rather live in the Fleetwood Apartments than....." anymore.

OMG - The Fleetwood...that's old school awesomeness right there...

Petro-Sooner
8/10/2006, 03:54 PM
The original one is still open on Midwest Blvd. They even still have those old, janky-a$$ metal caller thingies to order with. Same old sign...same EVERYTHING. They opened a new one on Reno just north of the mall but it closed and now it's a Popeye's.

Mmmm, chicken....

Spek for using the word "janky" HEH

Taxman71
8/10/2006, 05:03 PM
The new DC-MWC projects are all useless to me until they rebuild the Sooner Twin Drive-in. That place was always good for a sneak peak of tittays while riding home from a little league game at just the right time.

BTW - what is the Apollo Theater nowadays? Last I checked it was a gunrange.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 05:06 PM
BTW - what is the Apollo Theater nowadays? Last I checked it was a gunrange.

Some punk furniture/mattress store.

:mad:

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 05:07 PM
The new DC-MWC projects are all useless to me until they rebuild the Sooner Twin Drive-in. That place was always good for a sneak peak of tittays while riding home from a little league game at just the right time.

OH!

Remember the Sky Train?

Big, fat heh.