PDA

View Full Version : Gresham

SoonerAcesUp
8/10/2006, 01:47 PM
Did he weigh even close to the 250 lbs. they say he is at right now coming out of high school or has he just put on that much weight since coming to OU? This guy could be a great one! I can't wait for the season to begin!

sooneron
8/10/2006, 01:50 PM
I thought he was around 230, but that was back around signing day, which means that weight was probably taken around dec. or jan.

It means he's put on about 15 pounds seeing as how height and weight of players is always a little inflated.

I think he COULD be a great one, but now he needs to show some discipline and work ethic, which, from many accounts, he didn't have in HS.

It looks like Schmiddy has had an affect on him in the off season.

jackietreehorn
8/10/2006, 02:29 PM
i've heard, speculatively of course, that his blocking leaves something to be desired. great hands, size, and quickness though.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 02:30 PM
i've heard, speculatively of course, that his blocking leaves something to be desired. great hands, size, and quickness though.
Doesn't mean that we couldn't line him up like Trent Smith. The kid is monster. If he is as good as word coming out of practice, he could be another K Jackson or S Alexander or T Smith

DrZaius
8/10/2006, 03:28 PM
Here is some Quotes from KW himself today.....

KW: “The tight ends are doing really good. They are making some solid progress. Brodey (Eldridge) is playing solid, Joe Jon (Finley) is playing well and the young kid (Jermaine Gresham) is going to be a great player. I think we have three, but the young kid is still thinking. However, Jermaine has a chance.

He is physical and learning how to block and thinking a little bit now, but all three are going to give us some opportunities to do some different things. Fullback is OK, but they need to be better. But they were better today than yesterday, as far as effort, attitude and staying after it. So I liked that. However, I think the tight ends are playing good.

I am not saying that because I coach tight ends now. Those guys are playing better and all of them are bigger and stronger. They all come in at 257 to 263 so we have more girth and we have more size. Joe Jon weighed the most as he weighed — 263 on reporting day — and he was at 259 after yesterday’s practice.

"We are in that 260 range so we have a little more in our pencil, a little bit more lead back there. They are not wining Mackey Awards, but they are better tight ends. So that is going to help us.”

umberto
8/10/2006, 04:58 PM
I just hope they actually get him involved. Seems like they say this every preseason only to have the TEs catch 15 or 20 all year. Pardon the overused phrase, but a "big TE over the middle" can be a really good thing.

Soonermagik
8/10/2006, 05:00 PM
My prediction this guy will be a star player!!! Yep, I said STAR!!!!!!

OUstud
8/10/2006, 09:16 PM
See: Marcedes Lewis, UCLA. Slot or TE.

Blue
8/10/2006, 09:17 PM
Seems if I remember correctly there were a few folks on here who said he was going to suck.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/10/2006, 10:02 PM
Seems if I remember correctly there were a few folks on here who said he was going to suck.

at this point it looks like they extrapolated too far however, this article backs up most of what they were saying, except for the hands thing. of course, they could morph to hands of stone on game day.

JohnnyMack
8/10/2006, 10:03 PM
at this point it looks like they extrapolated too far however, this article backs up most of what they were saying, except for the hands thing. of course, they could morph to hands of stone on game day.

Why do you hate Quentin Chaney?

southern sooner
8/11/2006, 08:13 AM
nice big target for PT if he is rolling out and needs a quick target...

southern sooner
8/11/2006, 08:16 AM
Joe Jon has put on some serious weight since he came to OU. I think he was right around 200 and now he is 260+.. That is amazing - and you know it isnt fat...

Taxman71
8/11/2006, 09:13 AM
Remember this guy is only a frosh. Blocking at D-1 level takes time. I can only recall Keith Jackson being great at nearly everything that early in his career.

msteudem
8/11/2006, 09:31 AM
I think KW will use Grisham for pass plays exclusively at first. Eldridge and Finley will be run blocking.

bixby28
8/14/2006, 10:09 PM
Joe Jon has put on some serious weight since he came to OU. I think he was right around 200 and now he is 260+.. That is amazing - and you know it isnt fat...

There isn't any babyfat on Finley or Gresham, i agree. I couldn't believe the definition on Gresham, for a freshMAN! He's gonna be a playmaker if he stays healthy.