PDA

View Full Version : Watched "Good Night & Good Luck" last nite

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 12:48 PM
Let's just say its no "Talledega Nights."

Self-important, unabashed political statement about the eviles inherent in outting people with unpopular political opinions.

Watch it if you like stuff like that or are studying "McArthy-ism" for a class or something. Otherwise...yawnus maximus.

GottaHavePride
8/10/2006, 12:51 PM
i thought it was good.

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 01:02 PM
i thought it was good.

you would horn-boy.;)

proud gonzo
8/10/2006, 01:58 PM
i liked it too... :O

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 02:01 PM

Self-important, unabashed political statement about the eviles inherent in outting people with unpopular political opinions.

Watch it if you like stuff like that or are studying "McArthy-ism" for a class or something. Otherwise...yawnus maximus.

You had to watch it to understand that it sucked? Having George Clooney writing and directing it wasn't warning enough of impending suck?

yermom
8/10/2006, 02:01 PM

it's more than outting people with unpopular opinions...

i was kinda let down by it though, i expected more i guess

proud gonzo
8/10/2006, 02:03 PM
You had to watch it to understand that it sucked? Having George Clooney writing and directing it wasn't warning enough of impending suck?yeah, because winning an oscar is ALWAYS a sign of major suckage :rolleyes:

yermom
8/10/2006, 02:05 PM
yeah, because winning an oscar is ALWAYS a sign of major suckage :rolleyes:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 02:06 PM
yeah, because winning an oscar is ALWAYS a sign of major suckage :rolleyes:

Yes. There's no bigger circle-jerk in America than the Oscars.

By the way, yermom's link response to your question is another Post of the Year candidate! Titanic! :D

sooneron
8/10/2006, 02:07 PM
I thought it was pretty good, but a little too encapsulated. A neat little package inside of two hours. Very good performance on Strathairn's part.

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 02:09 PM
i liked it too... :O

You musical types are alike.

You prolly dug "Gigli" too.;)

proud gonzo
8/10/2006, 02:09 PM
You musical types are alike.

You prolly dug "Gigli" too.;)

never saw it :P

King Crimson
8/10/2006, 02:10 PM
i thought it was a pretty average flick. the Bob Downey/wife scenario was pointless. but, i'm continually amazed at implied "love" for McCarthy that pops up from time to time on this board. being against communism is one thing, being an opportunistic lying sack of **** who used public office as a bully pulpit and destroyed the lives of many other innocent people is another.

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 02:10 PM
I thought it was pretty good, but a little too encapsulated. A neat little package inside of two hours. Very good performance on Strathairn's part.

I did enjoy watching all the indoor smoking though. You would think all those actors and everyone on the sets would be dead from the effects of second-hand smoke by now.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 02:11 PM
Joe was just misunderstood.

proud gonzo
8/10/2006, 02:11 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/ I actually meant Clooney, not the movie. Good Night and Good Luck didn't win any Oscars.

mrowl
8/10/2006, 02:13 PM
I liked it also, but I knew nothing about the story.

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 02:14 PM
i thought it was a pretty average flick. the Bob Downey/wife scenario was pointless. but, i'm continually amazed at implied "love" for McCarthy that pops up from time to time on this board. being against communism is one thing, being an opportunistic lying sack of **** who used public office as a bully pulpit and destroyed the lives of many other innocent people is another.

I quite agree Tail-gunner Joe did fall off the deep end. Extremists are generally bad for the body politick.Kinda like Gore in his dogged determination to rant, right wrongs and expose evile.

yermom
8/10/2006, 02:53 PM
I actually meant Clooney, not the movie. Good Night and Good Luck didn't win any Oscars.

i was kinda thinking it did, i know it was nominated for a lot

Ben Affleck won an Oscar too though :P

proud gonzo
8/10/2006, 02:58 PM

Ben Affleck won an Oscar too though :P It was nominated for 6 but didn't win any of them--Clooney won an oscar for best supporting actor in syriana

yermom
8/10/2006, 03:01 PM
yeah, i said "was" thinking :)

sooneron
8/10/2006, 03:04 PM

Ben Affleck won an Oscar too though :P
Too bad he didn't actually write the movie he won the award for.