PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoasters

royalfan5
8/10/2006, 11:14 AM
So I'm going to Worlds of Fun tomorrow with my aunt and cousin because my aunt is afraid to drive in KC, and I am taking full advantage of my last summer where I can do what I want, when I want for the most part. Anyway, I don't enjoy rollercoasters at all, I've been on them, and don't get much out of the experience. I was just curious how many people felt the same way as me.

crawfish
8/10/2006, 11:16 AM
I love rollercoasters, but I hate "height"-rides.

My kids made me take 'em on the Superman ride at Six Flags over Texas on Tuesday...that really, really, really sucked.

Boomer.....
8/10/2006, 11:18 AM
I love 'em all!

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 11:54 AM
Love 'em......rode all of the Disney World coasters in June multiple times. Had a blast.

So, to answer your question, no. :D

skycat
8/10/2006, 12:10 PM
Pansy.

;)

Pricetag
8/10/2006, 01:05 PM
The first roller coaster that I ever saw that had a loop was "The Screamer" at Worlds of Fun, circa 1981. My dad and I tricked my little brother into riding it by telling him it was a train.

Taxman71
8/10/2006, 01:23 PM
I hate traditional rollercoasters, they are too boring without a loop or two. I like the ones where you are suspended from the top and your feet dangle through negative G rolls. Those are kind of fun.

hurricane'bone
8/10/2006, 01:41 PM
I love rollercoasters...but I am terrified of Ferris Wheels

yermom
8/10/2006, 02:38 PM
Ferris Wheels are teh succ... i got browbeaten into riding the one at the Navy Pier over the summer in Chicago and ended up dropping my camera on the thing :mad:

i'm not scared of them, they are just kinda boring, and i paid $5 to break my $300 camera... that certainly didn't change my mind

i love rollercoasters though, after going to Six Flags when i was like 17 the Zingo was pretty f'ing lame... i think i get more g's in my car ;)

sooneron
8/10/2006, 02:52 PM
The only one I'll go on is that one in Bartlesville by downtown off Chrokee.

Miko
8/10/2006, 03:14 PM
Becareful!! I think rollercoasters are currently on Threat Alert Level Mauve!!!!!:eek:

International rollercoasters remain at Threat Alert Level "Holy Freaking Magenta"

OklahomaRed
8/10/2006, 04:09 PM
Anything that goes fast is cool. Hate to ride "spin & pukes". Don't see much point in them?

BeetDigger
8/10/2006, 04:13 PM

My kids made me take 'em on the Superman ride at Six Flags over Texas on Tuesday...that really, really, really sucked.

Ditto. I looked over the edge, straight down, when we were stopped at the top. Scared the crap out of me.

SoonerInKCMO
8/10/2006, 04:19 PM
I hate the roller coasters. I have control issues. Oddly, though, I don't mind flying. :confused:

Viking Kitten
8/10/2006, 04:26 PM
Anything that goes fast is cool. Hate to ride "spin & pukes". Don't see much point in them?

I agree with Red.

:D

royalfan5
8/10/2006, 04:26 PM
I hate the roller coasters. I have control issues. Oddly, though, I don't mind flying. :confused:
That's pretty much why I don't like them either. I can deal with flying, I much rather drive if it is an option though.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/10/2006, 07:45 PM

I'm the same way; I can't go for rides where you drop straight down.
A few years ago, me and a few co-workers went on a baseball trip in the Midwest and stopped at Kings Island outside of Cincinnati. They have a ride called the "Drop Zone," similar to the Superman ride. A couple of the guys convinced me to ride with them. The whole time waiting in line I was pretty nervous. So was the ride to the top. I admit I got an adrenaline rush while we were dropping, but I was glad to get off that ride.

8/10/2006, 07:51 PM
http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/coasters/index.cfm

More specifically...

http://www.cedarpoint.com/_includes/flash/media_player_popup.cfm?videoID=9290&videoWidth=320

O'danorth described it as being "about as close to flying with the Blue Angels as you can imagine."

Taxman71
8/11/2006, 08:44 AM
I'm the same way; I can't go for rides where you drop straight down.
A few years ago, me and a few co-workers went on a baseball trip in the Midwest and stopped at Kings Island outside of Cincinnati. They have a ride called the "Drop Zone," similar to the Superman ride. A couple of the guys convinced me to ride with them. The whole time waiting in line I was pretty nervous. So was the ride to the top. I admit I got an adrenaline rush while we were dropping, but I was glad to get off that ride.

So, you were the guy screaming bloody murder on the way down from this thing last time I was at Six Flags:

http://www.themeparksonline.org/..%5Cpictures%5Csfot/chuteout1med.jpg

HoserSooner
8/11/2006, 10:05 AM
http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/coasters/index.cfm

More specifically...

http://www.cedarpoint.com/_includes/flash/media_player_popup.cfm?videoID=9290&videoWidth=320

O'danorth described it as being "about as close to flying with the Blue Angels as you can imagine."

Agreed....the big three at Cedar Point are by far the best that I have ever been on. Even the 'smaller' coasters are great, if you like coasters that is. I'm not big on heights, but I just look straight ahead when going up the hill....if I look over the edge I'm screwed.

Howzit
8/11/2006, 10:08 AM
I like the new roller coasters with all the spins and loops.

I don't like the old wooden roller coasters that beat the **** out of you.

Skysooner
8/11/2006, 10:14 AM
I was on one of the new ones at Silver Dollar City earlier this year. It was one where you are suspended under the track, and it had 3 or 4 loops and 3 barrel rolls in about a 70 second ride. However i have to say it was one of the most seamless rides I have ever ridden where the g-forces weren't bad at all or were generally not designed to throw you all over the place.

mrowl
8/11/2006, 11:42 AM

http://www.esatclear.ie/~bannister/autoimgs/sfot_tg.jpg

the giant was great when it opened. Today, it is one of those that beats the **** outta ya. :(

OUstud
8/11/2006, 12:14 PM
I've always been scared of rollercoasters. Nothing worse than that stomach dropping feeling.

HoserSooner
8/11/2006, 12:34 PM
This one is voted as the #1 coaster in the world each year for good reason:

http://www.patik.com/photos/albums/userpics/trips/cedarpoint_2000/normal_cedarpoint_2000_003.jpg

GDC
8/11/2006, 01:16 PM
I thought Sea World in San Antonio had surprisingly good roller coasters.

StoopTroup
8/11/2006, 05:46 PM
I'd like to ride every roller coaster ever made.

8/11/2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah, me too.

And I've got a fellow passenger now. My 9 year old daughter likes 'em more than I do.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/11/2006, 10:13 PM

Words of wisdom: When you're at Six Flags, don't ride the Texas Giant if you're feeling a headache coming on.