PDA

View Full Version : Any sleeper teams out there?

achiro
8/10/2006, 09:18 AM
So what team/s do you pick this year to sneak into the top 25 that aren't even on the radar yet?
Are there any of those teams that could make it to the top 10...5?

Any sleeper teams already in the say top 15-25 that could go undefeated and/or end up in the top 5?

Blues1
8/10/2006, 09:26 AM
Georgia Tech will Hopefully knock the crap out of ND......and then who knows...????

My sleeper pick of the Season is ---- Baylor

Why...?? --- Nothin' to lose and everything to gain.....

Rock on...

Snrfn4ever08
8/10/2006, 09:35 AM
Georgia Tech will Hopefully knock the crap out of ND......and then who knows...????

My sleeper pick of the Season is ---- Baylor

Why...?? --- Nothin' to lose and everything to gain.....

Rock on...
sad thing is that that's been there situation for my entire life. maybe it'll work out for them on the 100th try though

JohnnyMack
8/10/2006, 09:36 AM
Tulsa.

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:44 AM
http://www.utexasclan.com/fran/images/46065299600.jpg

(just kidding!)

west virginia might be a "sleeper" because they have a good chance of making the mnc game playing in the big easy.

BlackShirtBeast
8/10/2006, 11:57 AM
Iowa has a good shot to be in the top 10. S.Carolina,California,Texas a&m,Michigan st. all have possibilities to be in the top 25. My sleeper for the MNC is West Virginia and to crack the 25 is North Carolina.

Texas
8/10/2006, 12:00 PM
A&M? stop smoking whatever you're smoking!

jonpon
8/10/2006, 12:10 PM
West Virginia has a very good team this year and with their showing last year against UGA I think they have a very good shot at the MNC....I think Iowa has a good shot at top 10 maybe top 5 but im not counting on it...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 12:13 PM
You'll laugh, we are going to make some noise... Favorable schedule, old OC is back, always good on D... We arent a sleeper NC team, but a sleeper have a good season team... As far as NC teams, If Cal beats us, they are on their way to good things... I dont know if they can beat the big dogs this season, but they have talent, if their questions get answered fast enough to beat us in Ktown, they will be ok...

Soonermagik
8/10/2006, 12:14 PM
LSU should be very good this year.

DrZaius
8/10/2006, 12:15 PM
I going with Harvard.....

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 12:18 PM
LSU should be very good this year.

After their thrashing of Miami, i cant put them in the class of "sleeper", but they should be a very good football team... 3 deep at QB... Cant wait for them to come to KTown too...

Sooner Among The Pack
8/10/2006, 12:18 PM
Cal. If Tedford can get good QB play, Lynch has a Heisman-like season, and they escape the orange mob in Knoxville on Sept. 2, they have a legitmate shot to run the table. They get Oregon at home and could be undefeated going to USC on November 18th. Cal was the last Pac-10 team to be SC and I believe would have forced OT @ the Coliseum in 2004 but had a 4th down pass knocked down in the end zone.

badger
8/10/2006, 12:19 PM
As sleeper teams, I choose the Buffs (who got a coach that likes to have undefeated/near undefeated teams in those there mountain areas), Louisville (because they're Big East and only have to beat West Virginia to go undefeated) and... Baylor. They won't beat us (*crossed fingers*) and after coming so close to winning and doing well in every single game last season (WHY did they take points off the board versus texas?!?!) and even kept Sooner fans in their seats during the entire fourth quarter (which, as you all know, has not happened in a very long time). It's their time to shine. C'mon bears! Beat all the south opponents except us!!!

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 12:24 PM
As sleeper teams, I choose the Buffs (who got a coach that likes to have undefeated/near undefeated teams in those there mountain areas), Louisville (because they're Big East and only have to beat West Virginia to go undefeated) and... Baylor. They won't beat us (*crossed fingers*) and after coming so close to winning and doing well in every single game last season (WHY did they take points off the board versus texas?!?!) and even kept Sooner fans in their seats during the entire fourth quarter (which, as you all know, has not happened in a very long time). It's their time to shine. C'mon bears! Beat all the south opponents except us!!!

Louisville is never getting credit from me again after that disasterous USF game, theyll have to beat someone first...

oKOIhoma fan
8/10/2006, 01:01 PM
Iowa has a good shot to be in the top 10. S.Carolina,California,Texas a&m,Michigan st. all have possibilities to be in the top 25. My sleeper for the MNC is West Virginia and to crack the 25 is North Carolina.

South Carolina???????? Come on there not even the best team in our state, let alone the south.

JohnnyMack
8/10/2006, 01:09 PM
west virginia might be a "sleeper" because they have a good chance of making the mnc game playing in the big easy.

I'm not sure how a preseason #7 works out as a sleeper, but maybe I'm dumb.

MiccoMacey
8/10/2006, 01:12 PM
Arkansas. Just wait.

Won't be NC's, but will be 100x better. They have 18 starters back.

Michigan (although technically not a sleeper).

But I agree with GTech. They will prolly be the biggest surprise. NINE starters back on offense.

I_Live_In_OK
8/10/2006, 01:16 PM
Everyone has California in their top 15. But no one is seriously considering them to go undefeated. They lose 3 linemen to the NFL, but they have the best defense in the Pac 10, the best running game and a manageable schedule that doesn't have too many tough games and just enough so that they won't be left out of a BCS Bowl because of a bad schedule. So my pick is going to be the Michigan Wolverines.

King Crimson
8/10/2006, 01:31 PM
i think Colorado will surprise some people.....esp. since they are being picked 5th in the North Division by a lot of publications. but, i don't see them as more than a 7-4, 8-3 type "surprise"....given a pretty tough OOC with ASU and a trip to UGA. i'd put the over/under at about 6.5/7 wins and an Insight.com bowl type trip.

goingoneight
8/10/2006, 02:36 PM
I just hope it's not UAB...

jackietreehorn
8/10/2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure how a preseason #7 works out as a sleeper, but maybe I'm dumb.

i was thinking the same thing--they are, as put earlier--on the radar.

i was thinking georgia tech as well, no real good reason other than they kick *** on the new NCAA 07. calvin johnson is a badass and their qb is kinda fast. defense overall is pretty decent.

yeah this is the story every year, but we really need something to talk about for three more weeks.

oKOIhoma fan
8/10/2006, 03:01 PM
What do you guys think about Clemson this year? Same ol hype and nothing to show for it once agin, or do they have a shot at making some noise?

SicEmBaylor
8/10/2006, 03:23 PM

Ohhh, someone knows what I like to hear!
Spek.

N/M, I have to spread it around.

BlackShirtBeast
8/10/2006, 06:31 PM
South Carolina???????? Come on there not even the best team in our state, let alone the south.

I didnt say theyd win the MNC, i said they're a POSSIBLE top 25 team, that seems fair.

Egeo
8/11/2006, 12:56 AM
Everyone has California in their top 15. But no one is seriously considering them to go undefeated. They lose 3 linemen to the NFL, but they have the best defense in the Pac 10, the best running game and a manageable schedule that doesn't have too many tough games and just enough so that they won't be left out of a BCS Bowl because of a bad schedule. So my pick is going to be the Michigan Wolverines.
carr is still their coach

i smell underachievement :)

OUstud
8/11/2006, 01:05 AM
Sleepers:
1. GT (WILL beat ND, several ESPN anchors and ND administrators rushed to hospital after breaking their legs jumping off the Irish bandwagon). GT finally breaks streak of 7 win seasons with 9 or 10.

2. Arizona (starting to come together)

3. Indiana (Hoeppner's a good coach)

4. Illinois (if Isiah Williams starts at QB)

5. Missouri (won't solely rely on Brad Smith, and with HS POTY Chase Daniel replacing him, this team will save Pinky's job)

hawaii 5-0
8/11/2006, 02:11 AM
Hawaii OK, so I'm a homer. June Jones has an offense that will put some numbers on the scoreboard. The key word is YAC.

Jerry Glanville has promised to provide a better defense than in the past. Giving away points by the bucketloads was a major problem.

I believe they'll surprise a few teams this year.

:cool: 5-0