PDA

View Full Version : TSA hates personal hygiene products!

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 09:17 AM
No more toothpaste, liquids, perfumes, hair gel, liquid deodorant, aerosol cans of any kind in carry-on bags.

Baby formula is okay though. Associated babies are required however cuz we wouldn't want any filthy nursing of infants inflight to ensue. We may be at war with the jihaadis, but exposed tittays will not be tolerated udder any circumstances.

And don't even think about bringing that bottle of pop, water or cup of coffee aboard there Slappy!

8/10/2006, 09:22 AM
I agree, Col. Stinky.

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 09:24 AM
I have no problem with any of that if it helps keep me from exploding in mid air.

Pack your deodorant, hair gel and toothpaste in your suitcase the way god intended.

VeeJay
8/10/2006, 09:27 AM
An airplane packed with three hundred unbathed, deodorant-less passengers will smell just like the Middle East.

Next time I fly, I'm going to east some bean burritos and maltitol-laced chocolate, just to compete.

JohnnyMack
8/10/2006, 09:27 AM
Spek for working "udder" in there so smoovely.

IB4OU2
8/10/2006, 09:30 AM
I have no problem with any of that if it helps keep me from exploding in mid air.

Pack your deodorant, hair gel and toothpaste in your suitcase the way god intended.

That includes your "Summers Eve" too...

SoonerInKCMO
8/10/2006, 09:30 AM
Terrorism or not I think they should ban carry-ons. All those tardbillies muckin' around in the overheads is why it takes 20 freakin' minutes to get off a plane.

8/10/2006, 09:38 AM
I thought this thread was about Homey's hygiene.

My bad, updog.

KABOOKIE
8/10/2006, 09:38 AM
Terrorism or not I think they should ban carry-ons. All those tardbillies muckin' around in the overheads is why it takes 20 freakin' minutes to get off a plane.

Hell yeah. Wash yer nasty asses BEFORE you get on the plane. Who the f*ck needs to bring toothpaste and a whole bottle of scop on a plane?

BeetDigger
8/10/2006, 09:47 AM
Hell yeah. Wash yer nasty asses BEFORE you get on the plane. Who the f*ck needs to bring toothpaste and a whole bottle of scop on a plane?

Clearly you haven't read the instructions on those products. :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/10/2006, 09:51 AM
Hell yeah. Wash yer nasty asses BEFORE you get on the plane. Who the f*ck needs to bring toothpaste and a whole bottle of scop on a plane?People who don't check their small overnight cases.

slickdawg
8/10/2006, 09:51 AM
Here's what is gonna happen next:

TSA will realize that these practically undetecable liquids can be put in carry
on luggage. A simple FRS family radio or cell phone can be used as
the "trigger", and this will result in no electronics being allowed in the plane.

Dandy, huh?

crawfish
8/10/2006, 09:52 AM
With the current restrictions, the airport baggage handlers should make huge hauls over the next month. :D

8/10/2006, 09:55 AM
On my last flight, (2 weeks ago, Sacramento to Houston, 6:30 a.m. departure, Continental), I was paged at the boarding area. My wife and 2 children had a 3-1 split seating arrangement. Since we did the E-Ticket deal, they scanned my driver license (has a magnetic strip... who knew?), saw my height, and flagged me as an "Exit Isle Candidate."

I'm what you might consider "disproportionately tall", so this most welcome news. My family was only 2 rows behind me, so it was no big deal.

Until the guy behind me puked before we even took off.

Nothing like vomit smell for 3.5 hours.

And I ain't talkin' a 'hint' of vomit smell. It was like I was bathing in the stuff.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/10/2006, 09:56 AM
Can you still buy a Coke after you pass security and bring it on?

skycat
8/10/2006, 10:00 AM
See, next thing you know, the terrorists will just vomit up their explosives.

8/10/2006, 10:00 AM
I don't know, but they frowned upon my Copenhagen vice.

8/10/2006, 10:03 AM
Oh, and thanks to http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/images/404_richard_reid.jpg, we all take our shoes off to be scanned now.

Pricetag
8/10/2006, 10:04 AM
I think we all know who's really behind this particular scheme.

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/703/703005/joker_nicholson5_1146011804.jpg

8/10/2006, 10:08 AM
I remember thinking about all of the "important" people who travel much more than I do taking their shoes off every time they fly. Can you imagine the financial impact on our economy? Every minute they are standing in line to take their shoes off effects their company's bottom line.

And those expenses aren't absorbed by the company, BTW.

Just a random thought while taking my shoes off.

Boarder
8/10/2006, 10:11 AM
People pack toiletries and extra clothes in a carry on in case the goobers in baggage lose thier main luggage.

C&CDean
8/10/2006, 10:19 AM
I NEVER check luggage - unless I'm going on vacation for a week+. When you travel as much as I do, you learn very quickly that if you really need your stuff, do NOT rely on the airlines to have it there. That's why I don't check bags.

****ing muslim terrorists are pretty much gonna **** me off here. These pestilent camel ****ers are very much ruining our way of life. Gas prices. Airline security BS. Fear.

It ain't gonna be long, and they're gonna get the holy war they so desperately crave. And they ain't gonna like it.

Boarder
8/10/2006, 10:22 AM
I NEVER check luggage - unless I'm going on vacation for a week+. When you travel as much as I do, you learn very quickly that if you really need your stuff, do NOT rely on the airlines to have it there. That's why I don't check bags.

****ing muslim terrorists are pretty much gonna **** me off here. These pestilent camel ****ers are very much ruining our way of life. Gas prices. Airline security BS. Fear.

It ain't gonna be long, and they're gonna get the holy war they so desperately crave. And they ain't gonna like it.
See how travel to the Northeast can make a mild mannered country boy such as Dean turn into a raving hate guy!

8/10/2006, 10:24 AM
My family of four checked ZERO bags for a week-long trip. Of course, we stayed with friends who let us do laundry there.

TRAVEL TIP: Let your visiting friends know they are welcome to do laundry at your place. What a tremendous bonus! Also, when you get home, you can simply put your clothes where they belong and not be burdened with an extra chore.

Unless you need to mow.

VeeJay
8/10/2006, 10:25 AM

Sometimes, a religion just needs to be b*tch-slapped; I am in agreement.

Howzit
8/10/2006, 10:27 AM
Lots of GREAT advice in this thread from peeps that don't travel much.

turds.

slickdawg
8/10/2006, 10:28 AM
I'm finding myself becoming less tolerant of any form of Muslims.

IF there are "good" Muslims, why in the **** are they not hammering
the bad ones? Rat 'em out, turn 'em in.

Oh yes, I forget, the prophet mohammed wouldn't approve of that.

8/10/2006, 10:31 AM

turds.

Sorry, Travelboy.

I'll wager many or most of us are non-frequent flyers.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/10/2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1089014&WxsIERv=Ebpxjryy%20O-1O%20Ynapre&Wm=0&WdsYXMg=HFN%20-%20Nve%20Sbepr&QtODMg=Snvesbeq%20%28SSQ%20%2F%20RTIN%29&ERDLTkt=HX%20-%20Ratynaq&ktODMp=Whyl%2015%2C%202006&BP=0&WNEb25u=Nyqb%20Ovqvav&xsIERvdWdsY=85-0061&MgTUQtODMgKE=EVNG%202006&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=1806&NEb25uZWxs=2006-08-04%2000%3A04%3A08&ODJ9dvCE=QL&O89Dcjdg=21&static=yes&width=1024&height=712&sok=JURER%20%20%28ZNGPU%20%28nvepensg%2Cnveyvar%2C cynpr%2Ccubgb_qngr%2Cpbhagel%2Cerznex%2Ccubgbtencu re%2Crznvy%2Clrne%2Cert%2Cnvepensg_trarevp%2Cpa%2C pbqr%29%20NTNVAFG%20%28%27%2B%22O-1O%22%27%20VA%20OBBYRNA%20ZBQR%29%29%20%20beqre%20 ol%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=14&prev_id=1089138&next_id=1088272&size=L

I think it is time to bomb first...

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 10:37 AM
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1089014&WxsIERv=Ebpxjryy%20O-1O%20Ynapre&Wm=0&WdsYXMg=HFN%20-%20Nve%20Sbepr&QtODMg=Snvesbeq%20%28SSQ%20%2F%20RTIN%29&ERDLTkt=HX%20-%20Ratynaq&ktODMp=Whyl%2015%2C%202006&BP=0&WNEb25u=Nyqb%20Ovqvav&xsIERvdWdsY=85-0061&MgTUQtODMgKE=EVNG%202006&YXMgTUQtODMgKERD=1806&NEb25uZWxs=2006-08-04%2000%3A04%3A08&ODJ9dvCE=QL&O89Dcjdg=21&static=yes&width=1024&height=712&sok=JURER%20%20%28ZNGPU%20%28nvepensg%2Cnveyvar%2C cynpr%2Ccubgb_qngr%2Cpbhagel%2Cerznex%2Ccubgbtencu re%2Crznvy%2Clrne%2Cert%2Cnvepensg_trarevp%2Cpa%2C pbqr%29%20NTNVAFG%20%28%27%2B%22O-1O%22%27%20VA%20OBBYRNA%20ZBQR%29%29%20%20beqre%20 ol%20cubgb_vq%20QRFP&photo_nr=14&prev_id=1089138&next_id=1088272&size=L

I think it is time to bomb first...

Hey, I got time in that one. It was stationed at McConnell when I flew Bones there. :D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/10/2006, 10:39 AM
Hey, I got time in that one. It was stationed at McConnell when I flew Bones there. :D

The B-1 is the coolest plane in the USAF fleet IMHO. There is nothing meaner looking than one of those staring you down...plus it was my high school mascot too!

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 10:39 AM
THe B-1 is the coolest plane in the USAF fleet IMHO. There is nothing meaner looking than one of those staring you down...plus it was my high school mascot too!

Did you go to HS in Abilene?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/10/2006, 10:42 AM
Did you go to HS in Abilene?

No, I graduated from Midwest City High School. They changed it from the B-52 to B-1 about four years before I got there.

Howzit
8/10/2006, 10:47 AM
Sorry, Travelboy.

I'll wager many or most of us are non-frequent flyers.

:D

I'll wager you're right. For me, flying is my commute and I've got stuff to do when I get off the plane (like post). I don't have time to check because I can't bring toiletries onboard. Or time to deal with when the humpers lose my luggage. When you fly occasionally it's not that big of a deal. To flyers like Dean and myslef and others on the board, it's a big deal.

PLUS, at DFW airport, if you check bags, and are parked at the terminal, AND arrive at a different terminal than you flew out of, you're in deep kimshee because you can't re-enter the terminal to take the skylink to your car.

I was half kidding, 'turds' is a term of endearment around here. Turd.

8/10/2006, 10:54 AM
You know I love you, Travelboy.

I can't even imagine traveling that much for a job. Right now, I travel maybe four times a year for work. I fly maybe twice every six years.

What a time-waster.

Of course, I'd fly more if my employer ever made it to a signifigant bowl game.:D

(or ANY bowl game)

Okla-homey
8/10/2006, 11:03 AM
I'm thinking a smart hillbilly should start a bidness selling little prepacked sacks with all them liquid-y things folks need to fresh theyselfs up after a flight...you know, a bottle of Brut, a six-pack of Natty lite, a toofbrush, some Right Guard, Colgate and Listerine for only 39.95. :D

Boarder
8/10/2006, 11:09 AM
I'm thinking a smart hillbilly should start a bidness selling little prepacked sacks with all them liquid-y things folks need to fresh theyselfs up after a flight...you know, a bottle of Brut by Faberge, a six-pack of Natty lite, a toofbrush, some Right Guard, Colgate and Listerine for only 39.95. :D

Fixed

8/10/2006, 11:19 AM
Headphones are only $five bucks.

You think hillbillies would buy anything for $foty on a plane?

GottaHavePride
8/10/2006, 11:30 AM

I'll wager you're right. For me, flying is my commute and I've got stuff to do when I get off the plane (like post). I don't have time to check because I can't bring toiletries onboard. Or time to deal with when the humpers lose my luggage. When you fly occasionally it's not that big of a deal. To flyers like Dean and myslef and others on the board, it's a big deal.

PLUS, at DFW airport, if you check bags, and are parked at the terminal, AND arrive at a different terminal than you flew out of, you're in deep kimshee because you can't re-enter the terminal to take the skylink to your car.

This situation is beyond retarded for me. I fly a lot. Not as much as Dean, but usually 4-5 times a year. And every time I go, I'm carrying anywhere from $5000 to $8000 worth of very delicate musical instruments with me. Said musical instruments cannot be checked as baggage, because it seems like every time I check one it results in $500 worth of damage that the airline refuses to pay for.

And said musical instruments also require lubricants to function properly, all of which are specialized (and thus a pain in the *** to replace in an unfamiliar city) and happen to be petroleum-based liquids. Yes, I could make a miniature flamethrower out of a bottle of valve oil and a lighter, but last time I checked, I'm not an America-hating fundamentalist zealot.

Why should I be forced to unpack my instrument case and put all my trombone supplies in my checked bag (already carrying on 2 trombones, so I can't carry on the garment bag) when they very carefully make compartments in the cases for musical instruments to carry your supplies so you never have to worry about not having them? And no way in hell are those ****ers forcing me to check my trombones. I'll ****ing walk before I hand my trombones over to the baggage-handler gorillas again. I usually have to be ready to play within a day of getting off the plane, I don't have time to spend a week in a strange city getting a trombone repaired.

BeetDigger
8/10/2006, 11:34 AM

Yes, DFW is run by brain dead idiots who clearly, never use their own airport for if they did, they would see how poorly they run it. Like last week in Terminal E when our gate was E17 and there is no security for E17. Instead, you must walk to E35 or E1. Oh don't worry, the DFW helper, who was at gate E25 got an earful from me about the lack of signs. Limo drivers usually know what is what but it was so new, he screwed up.

Personally, I want to be safe on the plane and don't mind the extra security measures. What makes me mad is that TSA and the airlines don't adjust their processes so that we can have added security without all of the added time. And please explain to me why there are no benches, chairs, stools, and very little table space just beyond security at many airports so that I can get re-dressed and repack without standing up and being banged into by the other passengers who had to get undressed and unpack their laptop? Slip-ons are the ONLY way to go when flying.

SoonerInKCMO
8/10/2006, 11:40 AM
This situation is beyond retarded for me. I fly a lot. Not as much as Dean, but usually 4-5 times a year. And every time I go, I'm carrying anywhere from $5000 to $8000 worth of very delicate musical instruments with me. Said musical instruments cannot be checked as baggage, because it seems like every time I check one it results in $500 worth of damage that the airline refuses to pay for.

And said musical instruments also require lubricants to function properly, all of which are specialized (and thus a pain in the *** to replace in an unfamiliar city) and happen to be petroleum-based liquids. Yes, I could make a miniature flamethrower out of a bottle of valve oil and a lighter, but last time I checked, I'm not an America-hating fundamentalist zealot.

Why should I be forced to unpack my instrument case and put all my trombone supplies in my checked bag (already carrying on 2 trombones, so I can't carry on the garment bag) when they very carefully make compartments in the cases for musical instruments to carry your supplies so you never have to worry about not having them? And no way in hell are those ****ers forcing me to check my trombones. I'll ****ing walk before I hand my trombones over to the baggage-handler gorillas again. I usually have to be ready to play within a day of getting off the plane, I don't have time to spend a week in a strange city getting a trombone repaired.

Dude. I paid like one-fitty for my trombone. You got ripped off.

GottaHavePride
8/10/2006, 11:44 AM
Dude. I paid like one-fitty for my trombone. You got ripped off.

Heh. Custom, hand-made horn. And the guy is so in-demand now (he was just starting when I got my horn) that it would probably take 6 months to replace if the airlines did anything really stupid to it.

OCUDad
8/10/2006, 11:44 AM
Oh, and thanks to http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timeline/images/404_richard_reid.jpg, we all take our shoes off to be scanned now.Why oh why in Dear God's name did it have to be this ugly moron and explosives in a shoe? If it had been some woman sneaking fireworks aboard in her bra, security lines would be a lot more interesting than they are now.

skycat
8/10/2006, 11:47 AM
What kinda horns you playin' GHP? And what kind of gigs/auditions that you need two of them for?

Just curious.

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 11:49 AM

turds.

Can you just ask the airline worker people ladies if you can bring your stuff on just this once? And then do it every time?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/10/2006, 11:51 AM
I think my Bose Noise Canceling phones just got the boot...

Howzit
8/10/2006, 11:55 AM
Can you just ask the airline worker people ladies if you can bring your stuff on just this once? And then do it every time?

I'm sure if I tell 'em Pat said it was ok...

people ladies...

GottaHavePride
8/10/2006, 11:59 AM
What kinda horns you playin' GHP? And what kind of gigs/auditions that you need two of them for?

Just curious.

My main horn is made by Steve Shires - used to work for the Edwards company, then started his own shop in Massachusetts. And when I go to audition for a principal spot I usually take an alto trombone. It's coming back in style to play some of the older stuff (Beethoven, Mozart) on an actual alto trombone again rather than just playing everything on a tenor, so they like to see that you can handle yourself on both horns.

skycat
8/10/2006, 12:04 PM
My main horn is made by Steve Shires - used to work for the Edwards company, then started his own shop in Massachusetts. And when I go to audition for a principal spot I usually take an alto trombone. It's coming back in style to play some of the older stuff (Beethoven, Mozart) on an actual alto trombone again rather than just playing everything on a tenor, so they like to see that you can handle yourself on both horns.

Cool. I'd like to get my hands on an alto sometime. I played a few alto parts on my tenor, but I don't know that I've ever even seen an alto trombone up close.

Of course, nothing is more fun then playing bass bone in a big band. :D

I got my tenor out a couple of weeks ago, and found out that I don't have any kind of stamina anymore. :eek: I just don't play often enough. And it's been something like 8 years since I've played a gig. :(

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 12:09 PM
It's coming back in style to play some of the older stuff (Beethoven, Mozart) on an actual alto trombone again rather than just playing everything on a tenor, so they like to see that you can handle yourself on both horns.

You deelishusly sassy band geek.

:meat:

C&CDean
8/10/2006, 12:11 PM
Is anybody else copping wood listening to all this trombone talk?

8/10/2006, 12:12 PM
Sthaw em' off, bad boy.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 12:12 PM
If I had wood - it would be full-on copped.

RacerX
8/10/2006, 12:13 PM

turds.

24 hour walgreens

quit your bitchin' and go swim some laps.

skycat
8/10/2006, 12:21 PM
Is anybody else copping wood listening to all this trombone talk?

Hey I'm just getting warmed up. Wait till I start an exegesis on the glories of open-wrapped f-attachments!

That'll make those pants buttons pop.

BeetDigger
8/10/2006, 01:06 PM
I hear that while TSA hates personal hygiene products, they absolutely despise trombones. Specifically alto ones.

Howzit
8/10/2006, 01:08 PM
24 hour walgreens

quit your bitchin' and go swim some laps.

I can swim more than you!!!