PDA

View Full Version : Blue Man Group on OETA

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 08:24 AM
Did anyone catch this the other night on OETA?

I_SMELL_FEAR let me know it was on and I tivo'ed it....watched it last night.

We are going to see them in Vegas in October, and I was debating to watch it or not, I was afraid it might give away too much and then I woudln't enjoy the show. I decided to watch it, it was cool. I think I am looking forward to it more now than I was then.

it was supa cool

picasso
8/10/2006, 08:40 AM
did you have a chubby?

those guys are annoying.

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 08:48 AM
I enjoyed it.

No chubby, I wasn't watching the golf channel.

You find them annoying because they have talent, and it bothers you when other people have something you don't.

;)

Howzit
8/10/2006, 08:50 AM
did you have a chubby?

those guys are annoying.

I've had a chubby over 4 hours. Think I should I follow the label advice and seek medical attention?

picasso
8/10/2006, 08:54 AM
I've had a chubby over 4 hours. Think I should I follow the label advice and seek medical attention?
sounds like you're part of the blue ball group. use a pack of ice.

Hairy, anyone that has to use a disguise does not have talent. Penn & Teller also suck. A good gauge is any act that plays out of Vegas.

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 09:01 AM
if you say that Celine Dion doesn't have talent I swear to God I will claw your eyes out.

picasso
8/10/2006, 09:04 AM
if you say that Celine Dion doesn't have talent I swear to God I will claw your eyes out.
she has a wonderful voice, world class. Doesn't mean the product is good though.
also, I'll include Branson acts in this argument.

I'll bet you loved Titanic.:D

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 09:14 AM
Did anyone catch this the other night on OETA?

I_SMELL_FEAR let me know it was on and I tivo'ed it....watched it last night.

We are going to see them in Vegas in October, and I was debating to watch it or not, I was afraid it might give away too much and then I woudln't enjoy the show. I decided to watch it, it was cool. I think I am looking forward to it more now than I was then.

it was supa cool

It's totally different live. You'll be very surprised.

Howzit
8/10/2006, 09:15 AM
4 and a half.

Hours.

Not inches.

picasso
8/10/2006, 09:17 AM
you didn't go out and mow the lawn did you?

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 09:20 AM
no, but he plowed the field, if you know wha I sayin...

picasso
8/10/2006, 11:36 AM
small garden maybe. I doubt he could plow a field.

GottaHavePride
8/10/2006, 11:41 AM
Hairy, anyone that has to use a disguise does not have talent.
Watch out for that pack of ninjas coming to kill you.

;)

Seriously, the Blue Man Group is awesome. The costumes (along with the fact that they don't say a word during their entire show) are just part of the act. They're very talented percussionists, although finding percussionists of that caliber isn't that hard. But when you add it to their non-verbal acting skills AND the inventiveness to come up with and build all the weird instruments they use, well, you've got a show that costs $100 a ticket.

picasso
8/10/2006, 11:56 AM
Watch out for that pack of ninjas coming to kill you.

;)

Seriously, the Blue Man Group is awesome. The costumes (along with the fact that they don't say a word during their entire show) are just part of the act. They're very talented percussionists, although finding percussionists of that caliber isn't that hard. But when you add it to their non-verbal acting skills AND the inventiveness to come up with and build all the weird instruments they use, well, you've got a show that costs $100 a ticket.
no thanks. I saw enough of them on those silly commercials.

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 11:56 AM
$100??

pfffft, not in Vegas. More like $140

GottaHavePride
8/10/2006, 12:00 PM
Oh yeah, I bet prices went up when they moved to the Venetian. I saw them at the Luxor and only paid $70 or so, but I was in literally the back row of the house.

DrZaius
8/10/2006, 12:12 PM
I saw them in New York when they were an off-broadway show back in the 80's. That was way befeore they SOLD OUT! There show does look good though, but I will never go and see it. I would rather download their shows off of the INFORMATION SUPER HIGHWAY.

8/10/2006, 12:15 PM
They played the same show on Houston PBS... yeah, I'm probably buying at least two tickets next time they are in town.

My daughter and I were jamming, dispite the same thing being done over and over. The boy and his mom, not so much.

GottaHavePride
8/10/2006, 12:18 PM
They played the same show on Houston PBS... yeah, I'm probably buying at least two tickets next time they are in town.

My daughter and I were jamming, dispite the same thing being done over and over. The boy and his mom, not so much.

In person it's way cooler. One of their drums is about 8 feet tall and you don't really hear it so much as feel it.

8/10/2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I'll bet. I explained that to my wife a few times... "Babe, I'll bet this thing ROCKS live."

Yep.

8/10/2006, 12:23 PM
In fact, I'll bet it could lazer doors open.