PDA

View Full Version : Petition for OUThunder

Geekboy
8/9/2006, 08:49 PM
I was wondering if we could form a committee to try and reinstate Thunder?

Granted.......he may have gone somewhat overboard and hopefully I'm hoping there is an aura of forgiveness on the board to bring him back.

I'm admitting I don't know the entire story. Maybe he was warned by the mods on several occassions. Maybe Thunder was going through a difficult period in his life and wasn't able to comply at the time he was baned.

It seems he has been gone since March. Maybe if it was possible to check in with him and see how he is doing and get him back.......that would be a good thing.

I know if I was going through a dark and difficult period I would hope for some forgiveness down the road. Maybe he doesn't want to come back but the guy was a solid staple on this board and maybe.......yes......he went too far at that moment in time.

Jesus talks about the ability to forgive and I know He says to forgive abundantly. God knows I need forgiveness on a daily basis.

Anyway.......regardless of Thunders difficult period most of you here know he really is a good and decent guy and maybe he should be given another chance.

Just my two cents. I know there are some here not willing to forgive and there are some here that are.......even maybe the mods.

What do you think?

bri
8/9/2006, 09:11 PM
You know what makes me giggle? Fans from other schools coming on SOONERFANS.COM and telling us how to run our board.

The guy had more chances than anyone else has ever gotten. He deserved what he got.

hurricane'bone
8/9/2006, 09:13 PM
**** that ****

soonerbrat
8/9/2006, 09:15 PM
No.

afs
8/9/2006, 09:17 PM
bane him!

Geekboy
8/9/2006, 09:21 PM
You know what makes me giggle? Fans from other schools coming on SOONERFANS.COM and telling us how to run our board.

The guy had more chances than anyone else has ever gotten. He deserved what he got.
Bri, I'm not on here telling anyone how to run this board!!!
I'm just asking.

If you disagree.......fine!

Also......I'm a Sooner fan. Granted I'm an LSU fan first but OU has and always will be my second favorite team.

Does that mean since OU isn't my number 1 team I should shut up and leave?

If that's the general consensus......then I'll go.

OUinFLA
8/9/2006, 09:33 PM
predictable bri answer in 5...4...3...2...

bri
8/9/2006, 09:36 PM

BoogercountySooner
8/9/2006, 09:48 PM

Wow what an answer!:)

mdklatt
8/9/2006, 10:07 PM
No way, we already have enough golf threads.

bri
8/9/2006, 10:08 PM
Yeah, but these would be golf threads with crazed ranting and personal threats and insults! :D

mdklatt
8/9/2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah, but these would be golf threads with crazed ranting and personal threats and insults! :D

Okay, I'm sold.

proud gonzo
8/9/2006, 10:39 PM
I'm admitting I don't know the entire story. Maybe he was warned by the mods on several occassions. Maybe Thunder was going through a difficult period in his life and wasn't able to comply at the time he was baned.

It seems he has been gone since March. Maybe if it was possible to check in with him and see how he is doing and get him back.......that would be a good thing.
yeah and MAYBE he's just a ****ing *******. I wouldn't even vote for him to come back even if it was only long enough for him to apologize (fat chance of that). People have to deserve forgiveness to be forgiven.

I don't give a crap what he may have been going through or how much you think he deserves to come back. you admitedly don't know the story, so in my opinion you should shut the hell up.

Norm In Norman
8/9/2006, 10:42 PM
He had his chances, knew what he was doing, and took it like a man. Why should we let him back?

bigdsooner
8/9/2006, 10:43 PM
yeah and MAYBE he's just a ****ing *******. I wouldn't even vote for him to come back even if it was only long enough for him to apologize (fat chance of that). People have to deserve forgiveness to be forgiven.

I don't give a crap what he may have been going through or how much you think he deserves to come back. you admitedly don't know the story, so in my opinion you should shut the hell up.

OUch

proud gonzo
8/9/2006, 10:44 PM
I think the next person who starts a thread asking to bring thunder back should get to join him.

Rhino
8/9/2006, 10:48 PM
Dude got banned every other week for, like, a year.

That rough patch lasted hella long, but so has Maurice Clarett's.

soonerbrat
8/9/2006, 10:49 PM
I think the next person who starts a thread asking to bring thunder back should get to join him.

i think anyone that can make PG that mad should stay away.

bri
8/9/2006, 10:51 PM
The fact that gonzo has unleashed the full power of her comically tiny fury really says all you need to say about the subject. :D

proud gonzo
8/9/2006, 10:52 PM
The fact that gonzo has unleashed the full power of her comically tiny fury really says all you need to say about the subject. :D

unleashed would be if he ever showed up to a tailgate. ;)

King Crimson
8/9/2006, 10:56 PM
i personally got tired of the guy calling me (and others) "gay" on hoops game threads. it never made any sense in context.

edit: and frankly, i thought he and I had developed some rapport about golf.

jk the sooner fan
8/9/2006, 10:58 PM
i always got the impression it was him against the world....he seemed to take on anybody and everybody.....never understood that

you could make his enemy list without ever knowing it

sanantoniosooner
8/9/2006, 10:59 PM
But.........

what if it's only in a special forum where he can only read every other thread and only respond when his post would constitute a prime number?

proud gonzo
8/9/2006, 11:02 PM
But.........

what if it's only in a special forum where he can only read every other thread and only respond when his post would constitute a prime number? if the forum also has a special feature so i can punch him in the face through the internet, i'm for it.

sanantoniosooner
8/9/2006, 11:03 PM
Perhaps the "neg" feature could induce electrical shock.

bri
8/9/2006, 11:17 PM
If "electrical shock" means "punch in the face", then we can talk.

I speak for all the great houses of the Landsraad on this matter. :D

sanantoniosooner
8/9/2006, 11:19 PM
I'm not budging on the electrical shock thing.

I dig sparks.

Frozen Sooner
8/9/2006, 11:31 PM
Can someone like PM me and tell me what the hell happened? I was sulking at the time.

dolemitesooner
8/10/2006, 12:34 AM
2 WORDS

**** thundar

BeetDigger
8/10/2006, 12:36 AM
... and took it like a man.

Without lube so the rumor has it.

:texan:

proud gonzo
8/10/2006, 12:37 AM
Can someone like PM me and tell me what the hell happened? I was sulking at the time.
my peem box is overfilled by about 975 messages but i can email you :O

edit: nevermind. i'll peem you on OUInsider

Frozen Sooner
8/10/2006, 12:39 AM

Do you HAVE my e-mail? I'm relatively sure the one listed here (if it is) is defunct. Send me a message through mySpace or something on GHPs account.

edit: or that will work as well.

Octavian
8/10/2006, 12:41 AM
I wasn't around when it all went down but I do remember him being an *** on several occasions for no reason....

I think doleo pretty much summed up the majority opinion.

dolemitesooner
8/10/2006, 12:45 AM

edit: nevermind. i'll peem you on OUInsider
i TOLD YOU i WAS ONE THE ONE TO SPEK YOU AND YOU DONT EVN SPEK ME BACK i ****ING HATE YOU AND i HOPE YOU DIE OF GONERIA

proud gonzo
8/10/2006, 12:47 AM
ymssrabgitRETARDa

dolemitesooner
8/10/2006, 12:48 AM
ymssrabgitRETARDa
DONT GIVE ME THAT **** SPREAD IT LIKE MYO ON A Turjey sandwich beoncye

Frozen Sooner
8/10/2006, 01:11 AM
OK, I'm filled in now. Thanks all.

Filled in like a job application. Aww yeah.

Scott D
8/10/2006, 06:56 AM
play with fire fingers get burnt.

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 07:32 AM

thanks for pointing that out.

It really was very pretty...it was struck well and it just stayed right in line with the flag the whole way.

My wife got me a sweet plaque for the scorecard and the ball.

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 07:38 AM
Dude got banned every other week for, like, a year.

That rough patch lasted hella long, but so has Maurice Clarett's.

Thunder = Prentiss Elliott?

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 07:38 AM

It really was very pretty...it was struck well and it just stayed right in line with the flag the whole way.

Didjoo notify The Golf Channel?

colleyvillesooner
8/10/2006, 07:39 AM

never gets old.

sanantoniosooner
8/10/2006, 07:41 AM
When we got a petition to cease petitions...........I'm IN.

jk the sooner fan
8/10/2006, 07:50 AM
i thought the whole "lets form a committee" was really funny

would the "form a committee" thread be anywhere as long as a dallas lunch thread?

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 07:59 AM
Didjoo notify The Golf Channel?

I haven't returned their call yet. I just got a bad haircut and I'm waiting for it to grow out.

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2006, 08:04 AM
I haven't returned their call yet. I just got a bad haircut and I'm waiting for it to grow out.

your back or your head?

TIA

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 08:21 AM
it all grows together.

OUinFLA
8/10/2006, 08:26 AM
Is there any truth to the rumor that OU4LIFE actually shot a hole in one?

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 08:28 AM
oooooh , nice catch.

I have YET to see proof.

1stTimeCaller
8/10/2006, 08:28 AM
Is there any truth to the rumor that OU4LIFE actually shot a hole in one?

I hadn't heard that. I doubt it though. He's terrible at golf.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 09:04 AM
This thread should be chopped up, rolled up in a Zig-Zag with Thunder's post calling pg a bad name on it and smoked while grinning through the smoke.

Puff, puff give - let the banning live.

Mjcpr
8/10/2006, 09:06 AM
Is that live like give?

Because if it is, it doesn't make any damn sense.

C&CDean
8/10/2006, 09:08 AM
This thread should be chopped up, rolled up in a Zig-Zag with Thunder's post calling pg a bad name on it and smoked while grinning through the smoke.

So it has been decreed, so it shall be.

Now I'm gonna lock this POS. I'm pretty tired of reading about Hairy's little golf achievement anyhow.