PDA

View Full Version : We may have the same qb problem as you guys

KStatePike
8/9/2006, 03:53 PM
At the end of spring, we had 5 guys who could legitimatly start. Well, we lost 3 qb's in one summer. We have Dylan Meier, who hasn't played since November of 2004, and has had major shoulder surgery since then, and a true freshman in Josh Freeman. We now have 2 scholarship quarterbacks.

So in short, I feel your pain. Allan Everidge transferred today, he's the guy who came in during the 4th quarter last year after you guys shalacked us. Alot of people were expecting him to start this year, and he had a ton of potential. Granted, he wasn't thrown off the team, but something smells awfully fishy having 3 qb's transfer in one offseason, including 2 with 100% of the snaps last season.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 03:55 PM
LOL... You dont feel their pain bro... They lost their QB off a NC contender, you are losing yours off a 6-6 team at best... BIG difference...

BASSooner
8/9/2006, 03:56 PM
At the end of spring, we had 5 guys who could legitimatly start. Well, we lost 3 qb's in one summer. We have Dylan Meier, who hasn't played since November of 2004, and has had major shoulder surgery since then, and a true freshman in Josh Freeman. We now have 2 scholarship quarterbacks.

So in short, I feel your pain. Allan Everidge transferred today, he's the guy who came in during the 4th quarter last year after you guys shalacked us. Alot of people were expecting him to start this year, and he had a ton of potential. Granted, he wasn't thrown off the team, but something smells awfully fishy having 3 qb's transfer in one offseason, including 2 with 100% of the snaps last season.
where did he go? my mom is a KSU alum she likes to know those things

KStatePike
8/9/2006, 03:58 PM
true, but last time I checked, didn't UT pull the biggest choke job in college football last year and not even go to a bowl... after being #3 in the country? You pretty much had the same lousy season we had.

To answer your question BASS, no clue. Speculation is either Nebraska-Omaha, or Ohio to go back with Frank Solich. The news is pretty much hot off the presses.

sooner_born_1960
8/9/2006, 03:59 PM
PWNED

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 03:59 PM
Wow, you just filled my head with info i already knew... THANKS!

Partial Qualifier
8/9/2006, 04:07 PM
Uhh.. I remember Dylan Meier. Tough QB.

sooneron
8/9/2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah, Dylan Meier is tough as a boot.

Octavian
8/9/2006, 04:12 PM

hows the D?

fadada1
8/9/2006, 04:14 PM
who????

btw, kstatepike... when were you a kstatepike????

KStatePike
8/9/2006, 04:17 PM
He definatly is, there's no question about that. The thing is though, is that it puts us in a position that we do not want to be in, 3 weeks before the season. For some reason, the injury bug has become quite cozy in Manhattan the last 2 years, or even 3. Meier's throwing shoulder is pretty fragile. So if he goes down, we've got a true freshman comming in. Freeman is going to be a stud though, he was a december grad and went throught the spring and has great size. Its not that I don't have faith in the personnel, its that I want to know why we just lost 3 quarterbacks in one summer, and 2 with all our experience last year. We shall see. Truth be told, Im just glad we're on a 2 year hiatus (championship game barring) from exposing our qb's to granger and mccoy. Eesh

KStatePike
8/9/2006, 04:20 PM
hows the D?

Well, pretty much the same personell as last year. Our lb's will definatly be our strength. Secondary should be pretty solid with everybody back. Dline is a bit suspect, but the players ive talked to don't seem too concerned about it. Our d should be pretty solid, especially our linebackers. Our lb unit is as solid this year as the Hickman, Pierce, Buhl trio of 2002.

And fada, I'm a pike now. This will be my first semester out of the house.

sooneron
8/9/2006, 04:22 PM
Truth be told, Im just glad we're on a 2 year hiatus (championship game barring) from exposing our qb's to granger and mccoy. Eesh
Yeah, it'll be a pleasure when they're Juniors.

Mewchuwal, I'm shewer

fadada1
8/9/2006, 04:27 PM
And fada, I'm a pike now. This will be my first semester out of the house.
ehhh, never mind. yer just a kid;)

sooneron
8/9/2006, 10:14 PM
bump

skycat
8/10/2006, 12:16 AM
It's pretty clear Prince is in love with true Frosh Josh Freeman. I expect him to start at QB by conference play.

I hope the D will be better based on improved linebacker play. We're going to have to hope for someone to step up on the DL to pressure the QB though. Of course the scheme is going to be completely new for K-State this year.

Nobody really knows what we'll be like though. I'm hoping for a bowl game.

swardboy
8/10/2006, 06:29 AM
Sounds like the kittykats just got too stacked at the qb position. Dudes saw someone(s) were going to get shellacked for playing time and sought greener fields elsewhere. You can say they over-reacted, but I wouldn't blame them too much.

Sooner-N-KS
8/10/2006, 08:26 AM
We have Dylan Meier, who hasn't played since November of 2004, and has had major shoulder surgery since then,

October 16, 2004, Larry Birdine and Jonathan Jackson gave Meier a little love tap that gave Webb a little playing time. :D

picasso
8/10/2006, 08:48 AM
Sounds like the kittykats just got too stacked at the qb position. Dudes saw someone(s) were going to get shellacked for playing time and sought greener fields elsewhere. You can say they over-reacted, but I wouldn't blame them too much.
I would. See Tommy Grady. Had he stuck it out instead of being a whuss cry baby coach didn't like me I was better than them type, he would have had as much a chance at playing as Bomar did last fall.....and looksie see what happened recenlty.

screw 'em if they quit.

skycat
8/10/2006, 09:44 AM
I would. See Tommy Grady. Had he stuck it out instead of being a whuss cry baby coach didn't like me I was better than them type, he would have had as much a chance at playing as Bomar did last fall.....and looksie see what happened recenlty.

screw 'em if they quit.

To be fair, these guys signed up to play for Snyder in Snyder's system. Along comes Prince, he changes the offensive system, and then recruits a QB that's obviously a different kind of athlete than they are.

I wish they wouldn't have left, we went from being "too deep" to razor thin at the drop of the hat. A couple of those guys had promise. But in this case I don't blame the kids too much.

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 09:50 AM
true, but last time I checked, didn't UT pull the biggest choke job in college football last year and not even go to a bowl... after being #3 in the country? You pretty much had the same lousy season we had.

This is a definite Post of the Year candidate. A Tennessee fan from the biggest sinking ship in the ocean tries to flame a K-State fan - and gets the claws! Freakin' deeee-licious!

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 10:06 AM

To answer your question BASS, no clue. Speculation is either Nebraska-Omaha, or Ohio to go back with Frank Solich. The news is pretty much hot off the presses.

I know I responded to this rediculous assertion once already, but sorry, I cant resist...

Same lousy season? lol... OK, lets look at it, even though i was referring to the upcoming season, lets look at Mr...

Tennessee Losses - Florida (9-3) 16-7, Georgia (10-3) 27-14, Alabama (10-2) 6-3, South Carolina (7-5) 16-15, Notre Dame (9-3) 41-21, Vanderbilt (5-6) 28-24... Laugh at Vandy, our only loss to a team with a losing record, they almost beat Florida @ the Swamp and had 1 of the top 3 QBs in the nation. Dont think Jay Cutler is that good? They are talking about him taking over the starting job in Denver halfway into the season... /derail

K - State Losses - Oklahoma (8-4) 43-21, Texas Tech (9-3) 59-20, Texas A&M (5-6) 30-28, Colorado (7-6) 23-20, Iowa State (7-5) 45-17, Nebraska (8-4) 27-25

Your best win? Missouri, 7-5

Ours ? @ LSU 11-2

Please, look over this carefully... We had the same record, but please, dont be nieve enough to spew that toxic crap out of your mouth that we had the SAME LOUSY SEASON... We were 21 points from being 9-2 SON... you were 21 points from being competitive with MUCH less competition...

Get back with me when you beat someone more impressive than Marshall or Northwestern Kansas School for Girls...

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 10:11 AM
Tennessee sucks. If Phil Fulmer would put down the Chewy Chips Ahoy and stop trying to spy on Alabama, maybe the Vols could make a season of it. As it is, your fatas*s coach currently leads the demise of the program with clown orange-clad rednecks cheering him on all the way.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 10:14 AM
This is a definite Post of the Year candidate. A Tennessee fan from the biggest sinking ship in the ocean tries to flame a K-State fan - and gets the claws! Freakin' deeee-licious!

FYI, I wasnt trying to "flame" anyone in that post, I was merely stating losing a QB off of an also-ran team is WAY different than losing off of a NC contender... I would say the same thing about us... You guys had NC hopes, KSU and Tennessee dont, not unless a miracle season occurs... There is a difference, thats all I was pointing out...

Sinking ship? lmao... 1 bad season, and we are a sinking ship? WOW, life is tough these days...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 10:16 AM
Tennessee sucks. If Phil Fulmer would put down the Chewy Chips Ahoy and stop trying to spy on Alabama, maybe the Vols could make a season of it. As it is, your fatas*s coach currently leads the demise of the program with clown orange-clad rednecks cheering him on all the way.

LOL... Ignorance is bliss isnt it?

The Bama thing is OLD NEWS, much older than the Peterson story i got flamed for rehashing, so do yourself a favor and move past it... It had NOTHING to do with our shortcomings last season... Phil might be eating too much, but he is watching our players while he is doing it, you havent seen any news on NCAA violations including UT players lately have you? didnt think so, but good try...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 10:17 AM
Also, BTW, i like how i make a good post filled with fact and figures, stating my case, and all you have for me is, Tennessee Sucks! lol... You represent Sooner nation well... lol

Dio
8/10/2006, 10:34 AM
And to think, TDTW was trying to help you out of your foot-in-mouth-itis just yesterday.

toast
8/10/2006, 10:52 AM
remember when you were in school and two nerdy kids got in a fight? it was somewhat amusing when they would start bitch-slapping each other, throwing pocket calculators, breaking each others glasses, etc. but nothing really interesting happened...

Snrfn4ever08
8/10/2006, 11:08 AM
remember when you were in school and two nerdy kids got in a fight? it was somewhat amusing when they would start bitch-slapping each other, throwing pocket calculators, breaking each others glasses, etc. but nothing really interesting happened...
i still get to watch those today:D

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 11:25 AM
And to think, TDTW was trying to help you out of your foot-in-mouth-itis just yesterday.

Exactly. And, today, here he is again...bashing K-State, ignoring a 5-6 season where two of the wins were squeekers over Alabama-Brimingham and Memphis. Please. All I can say is, head-to-head, Kansas State 35, Tennessee 21. Great Cotton Bowl. Maybe beat K-State someday before you start trying to talk smack to them, m'kay?

skycat
8/10/2006, 11:34 AM
I liked it when he called KStatePike "SON".

I mean, that's a tongue lashing right there.

Isn't it about time that you guys get your *** handed to you by a Big 12 team? Seems like you're past due on that.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 11:46 AM

Isn't it about time that you guys get your *** handed to you by a Big 12 team? Seems like you're past due on that.

Yeah, Texas A& M tried that, ask them how that worked out for them...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 11:50 AM
Exactly. And, today, here he is again...bashing K-State, ignoring a 5-6 season where two of the wins were squeekers over Alabama-Brimingham and Memphis. Please. All I can say is, head-to-head, Kansas State 35, Tennessee 21. Great Cotton Bowl. Maybe beat K-State someday before you start trying to talk smack to them, m'kay?

I wasnt bashing anyone, as previously stated, there is just a difference between the two scenarios...

We won squeakers against UAB and Memphis, hrmm, and LSU... We were downright PATHETIC on offense and special teams are probably should have been more like 3-8... Does that mean I cant tell the truth? Come on, have more sense than that...

Please guys, dont start the Big 12 vs SEC crap, its just funny... The last game you guys really have on the SEC is what? The 2001 Cotton Bowl with UT vs K-State? Congrats, you beat a freshman that day, Im so proud of you!

Texas
8/10/2006, 11:50 AM
yea, but that's Texas A&M with coach fran!

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 11:51 AM
yea, but that's Texas A&M with coach fran!

Were they in the Big XII? Ok then, stop trying to make excuses like a B***H and just concede someone made an idiotic comment.

skycat
8/10/2006, 11:55 AM
Were they in the Big XII? Ok then, stop trying to make excuses like a B***H and just concede someone made an idiotic comment.

Beach?
Booth?
Bough?

I don't get it.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 11:57 AM
Sorry, looking back, I do see that OU SQUEAKED by Arkansas in the 02 Cotton Bowl, 10-3, 2 years after Arkansas played another Big XII team in the same Bowl, Texas, and the Horns made a GREAT showing for you conference, getting HANDLED 27-6...

How did that 03 Texas game go against Ark? LOL.. Oh yeah, my bad!

In 04, Texas beat them 22-20. IMPRESSIVE, considering Ark was 5-6!!!! lmao

Sons, dont try me like that... Yall won a couple, but that is your, or 1 of your 2 PREMIER programs getting yanked around by a BOTTOM TIER SEC program... Keep wishing kids...

Texas
8/10/2006, 12:00 PM
dont forget the whooping UT put on LSU in the cotton bowl in 02.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 12:01 PM
dont forget the whooping UT put on LSU in the cotton bowl in 02.

Nice, how about LSU dominating OU in the NC game? Dont say they didnt, you scored a MEANINGLESS TD late to make it cute, you got got manhandled... Keep trying boys!

Texas
8/10/2006, 12:02 PM
top to bottom, sec > big 12
i concede
:(

other than Texas & OU (not sure about OU post-bomar), the rest of the conference is teh suck.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 12:04 PM
top to bottom, sec > big 12
i concede
:(

other than Texas & OU (not sure about OU post-bomar), the rest of the conference is teh suck.

HOLY CRAP! You mean to tell me the smartest guy on this board is a Texas fan? I expected a little more out of you OU guys...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 12:06 PM
The funny part of this is, The Cotton Bowl has the second choice of big XII teams, and about the 5th or 6th choice, depending on # of BCS teams we have, of SEC teams... So you are constantly putting the #2 Big XII team vs the #5 or #6 SEC team, we still get the best of the Big XII, and this is actually up for discussion?

Pricetag
8/10/2006, 12:41 PM
Sorry, looking back, I do see that OU SQUEAKED by Arkansas in the 02 Cotton Bowl, 10-3
Squeaked my ***. Arkansas had like 50 yards of offense. It was domination, but we didn't score much.

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 01:16 PM
Now looky heeyaa...

No one with a brain in their head on either side of the argument can say the Big 12 was great last year. I mean, for sake of crispy bacon! A team coached by Mack Brown won the conference! That's how crappy it was last year!

But, that has nothing to do with some 5-6 Vol bringing smack against a K-Stater. It's ridiculous, like trying to argue about the color of orange juice.

The truth is as follows:

(1) Yes, pity K-State because of their QB situation. But, that like getting your shorts out of joint about whether or not to wash a car when its totalled. My friends, QB or no QB problem, K-State wil suck because they forced out Snyder and replaced him with Racial Pressure Hiring. RPH will be the continued undoing of K-State, not its QB situation.

(2) On the other side of the coin, Phil Fulmer has been wasting so much time sucking down Krispy Kremes and trying to dig up dirt on Bama, that he's gotten behind the SEC. Look for Spurrier to stomp his fat as*s into the ground like in the old days as the Vols struggle to pass Kentucky and Vandy for a fourth place showing in the SEC East.

skycat
8/10/2006, 01:19 PM
Ummm. No way, no how was Snyder forced out.

Texas
8/10/2006, 01:24 PM
I mean, for sake of crispy bacon! A team coached by Mack Brown won the conference!

and the MNC! :P

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 01:29 PM
Snyder was forced out by the snivelling K-State fans who got unhappy and forgot how they used to be the laughing stock of college football. Snyder got the message and moved along. You'll be looking for another coach within three years.

Snrfn4ever08
8/10/2006, 01:29 PM
Nice, how about LSU dominating OU in the NC game? Dont say they didnt, you scored a MEANINGLESS TD late to make it cute, you got got manhandled... Keep trying boys!
dude, you're going back to your old ways with stupid comments like this. we got manhandled by LSU? hardly. we didn't score a late touchdown to make it cute. we had the LSU defense huffing and puffing towards the end of the game, and if we had an OC that knew how to call plays, we would've won that game. how can you say we got manhandled when he had more than enough chances to tie it late? when kejuan jones, who is by no means a top-tier back, is shredding LSU's defense and we're only down by 7, we're not getting manhandled. jones was breaking huge runs on LSU's defense and they were confused and tired. the problem is that for some ungodly reason, chuck long decided to let jason white, who had a broken throwing hand at the time, throw passes on every down. had we kept running the ball, we easily would've tied the game and, with the way their defense was playing, there's no way they could've held us off in overtime. honestly, if you're that stupid, you need to go find someone who has a tape of that game and watch it over and over again. take back that whole reconciliation thing from yesterday because i was wrong: you still are an idiot

sooneron
8/10/2006, 01:33 PM
The funny part of this is, The Cotton Bowl has the second choice of big XII teams, and about the 5th or 6th choice, depending on # of BCS teams we have, of SEC teams... So you are constantly putting the #2 Big XII team vs the #5 or #6 SEC team, we still get the best of the Big XII, and this is actually up for discussion?

Not always true- case in point - We played piggy in the 02 CB. We were the 3rd place team that year in the B12 - Colo and NU both went to bcs games

03 CB- texas beats lsu, OU and KSU played in bcs games-

your opinion of sec teams always being busy with other bcs bowls doesn't hold water as only 1 sec team made a bcs bowl in the 03 04 AND 05 bcs season.

I guess we're seeing who you really are now. :hot:

skycat
8/10/2006, 01:33 PM
Snyder was forced out by the snivelling K-State fans who got unhappy and forgot how they used to be the laughing stock of college football. Snyder got the message and moved along. You'll be looking for another coach within three years.

Trust me, nothing could be further from the truth. On the forced out part anyway. No truth in that at all. None.

As far as Prince goes, the guy has yet to coach a game. I'll reserve judgement. But who knows, you could end up being right about that.

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 01:40 PM
We'll agree to disagree. But, until K-State alums raise up enough cash and hell to hire Venables, ain't nothing gonna happen up there worth writing about.

And, yes, fellow OU fans, I said Venables. I think he goes back home someday. Which is fine because I think Mike Stoops comes back after his failed experiment of taking a head coaching job at a basketball school. Dude may as well have taken the Baylor job. What a suck football program Arizona has!

Stupidest job change in the history of American college football coaching, going from OU co-defensive coordinator to some half-as*sed hoops college out in the desert.

Texas
8/10/2006, 01:43 PM
Not always true- case in point - We played piggy in the 02 CB. We were the 3rd place team that year in the B12 - Colo and NU both went to bcs games

03 CB- texas beats lsu, OU and KSU played in bcs games-

your opinion of sec teams always being busy with other bcs bowls doesn't hold water as only 1 sec team made a bcs bowl in the 03 04 AND 05 bcs season.

I guess we're seeing who you really are now. :hot:

same for aggy that year. texas went to the rose bowl and OU went to the MNC game.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 01:46 PM
Does this mean that the B12 is > than the sec? I don't think so, but your thinking is flawed. You can't say that the lsu team was that far removed in the sugar bowl from the cotton bowl. The difference was the D coord and the secondary becoming all world.

Texas
8/10/2006, 01:49 PM
the top 2 teams in the big xii > top 2 teams in the SEC.

top to bottom, SEC is way better.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 01:56 PM
the top 2 teams in the big xii > top 2 teams in the SEC.

top to bottom, SEC is way better.
Not sure if that's true the past two years.

skycat
8/10/2006, 01:58 PM
We'll agree to disagree. But, until K-State alums raise up enough cash and hell to hire Venables, ain't nothing gonna happen up there worth writing about.

And, yes, fellow OU fans, I said Venables. I think he goes back home someday. Which is fine because I think Mike Stoops comes back after his failed experiment of taking a head coaching job at a basketball school. Dude may as well have taken the Baylor job. What a suck football program Arizona has!

Stupidest job change in the history of American college football coaching, going from OU co-defensive coordinator to some half-as*sed hoops college out in the desert.

Venables won't be the head coach at K-State unless there are major wholesale changes in the University administration.

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 02:03 PM
Venables won't be the head coach at K-State unless there are major wholesale changes in the University administration.

That's insane.

King Crimson
8/10/2006, 02:04 PM

LSU didn't score an offensive point in the second half. OU had the ball at the LSU 12, first and 10 with a couple minutes left....down 7.

i made it clear yestersay this guy was a factually challenged flamer who barks out of his ***.... and all his "play nice" stuff is empty fluff. the guy posted something like 80 times yesterday.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 02:16 PM
I hate it when I'm wrong about people. It's rare, but it happens.

BlackShirtBeast
8/10/2006, 05:23 PM
One of my favorite bowl games was the 98 NU/Tenn game, 42-17 NU thompin, or the 2000 fiesta bowl where Nebraska handled Tennessee very nicely. I wouldnt go thinkin that the SEC is on a different level than the B12 GoVol817 very childlike.

Oldnslo
8/10/2006, 05:38 PM
I've got to tell you, I've always had a warm spot in my heart for Tennessee, despite their Orangeness, because of their whipping up on Miami in 85, giving us the NC that year when we pasted Penn State.

But this asshat is curing me.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 05:39 PM
First of all...you can throw out the Arkansas Texas scores because those two teams REALLY hate each other and watch OsU play us every year to see what hatred can bring out of a ****ty team. As for the OU Arkansas game...Yeah, I believe we hold every concievable defensive stat record for that game. I know Arkansas was at like 17 yards sometime in the second half. The SEC is very strong and the Big XII is very strong. I think our performances in bowl games last year speaks for themselves.

Octavian
8/10/2006, 05:39 PM
Ole Miss

MSU

Vandy

and Kentucky

oh my!

Tennessee is a girls basketball school.

No one crows more for achieving so little than the self-proclaimed SEC "powerhouses."

Alabama has a tremendous college football history resume. The rest of 'em?

meh.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 05:40 PM
Georgia has a decent history ;)

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 07:44 PM
One of my favorite bowl games was the 98 NU/Tenn game, 42-17 NU thompin, or the 2000 fiesta bowl where Nebraska handled Tennessee very nicely. I wouldnt go thinkin that the SEC is on a different level than the B12 GoVol817 very childlike.

This is the post I'll choose to respond to, for a couple reasons...

A) B/c I said SINCE the UT/KSU Cotton Bowl

B) I wasnt trying to point out that the SEC was on a different level than the B12, someone posted "isnt it time for you to go get killed by a big 12 team" or something to that effect, so I chose to point out to them, and the KSU guy who thinks losing to 7-4 teams is the same as losing to 10-2 teams that their "almighty B12" stuff didnt fly with me...

The Big 12 has a great tradition, no doubt... But your tradition is limited to two teams... Tradition is more than 15 years, sorry, but it is...

To the guy who said Bama is the only team in the SEC with tradition... Really? You know how many teams have more all time wins than Tennessee? 5... That isnt tradition? Auburn has a pretty storied past, as well as UGA... Florida is "fairly" new to being a top tier program, but i think theyve proven theirselves...

You guys are generalizing me posting a specific subject... You cant argue the facts, so you just call me an idiot... Its fine, it doesnt change the facts... The Big 12 is a storied conference with 2 great flagship programs, 2 great programs that are on par with about the 3rd or 4th best teams in the sec every year... Call me stupid, whatever, look at the facts, itll make you sick!!! lol

picasso
8/10/2006, 07:55 PM
actually it's your avatar that's making me sick, and if I saw the shirt you're wearing I'm sure that would too.

but thanks, I've never given the SEC any thought, now thanks to your contributions I've devoted about 3 minutes.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 07:57 PM
First of all...you can throw out the Arkansas Texas scores because those two teams REALLY hate each other and watch OsU play us every year to see what hatred can bring out of a ****ty team. As for the OU Arkansas game...Yeah, I believe we hold every concievable defensive stat record for that game. I know Arkansas was at like 17 yards sometime in the second half. The SEC is very strong and the Big XII is very strong. I think our performances in bowl games last year speaks for themselves.

First of all, i cant throw out anything... Just b/c they dont like each other doesnt mean the game didnt happen... It did, You cant just pick and choose which games you want to be judged by... Ive heard so much sh*t about the Vandy game im sick of it, but guess what, they hate us, 22 years of oppression... Does that mean it doesnt count? No... The Big XII is very strong, I never said they werent, someone made a stupid comment that insinuated the BIG XII dominates the SEC head to head, and the facts dictate that isnt even close to the truth...

You guys are so quick to the trigger... You dont agree with someones viewpoint backed up by facts, then they are stupid... I mean, the way this site looks at things, if I said the OU - USC game wasnt close Id get hammered... Some of you people are just dillusional and refuse to see the facts for what they are, FACTS...

PS: My observations of games arent facts, but records are.. You have every right to disagree with my observation, that doesnt make me stupid... You cant argue with the facts though...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:01 PM
2 teams...wow...Nebraska and Colorado have more if not ALOT more tradition than all but Bama. In fact one could easily argue that Nebraska has more tradition than Bama or Texas and definetly more than Tennessee. Florida sucked until Spurrier came to town(sounds like K-State to me), Vanderbilt is a small little school and is dominated by it's bigger brother(Oklahoma State), Kentucky sucks(Baylor), Bama(Oklahoma), Tennessee wins lots of games but not many titles(texas and seriously comparing texas to tennessee might be a huge insult to Texas), Georgia is always a solid football program(Nebraska, again Nebraska is alot higher up than Georgia in my opinion) Auburn(Texas A&M, might be a slight insult to Auburn), LSU(Colorado both have ignorant fans(for the most part) and some success), South Carolina (Texas Tech, except South Carolina is a long ways from being offensively as efficent as Tech), Arkansas, Miss St, and Ole Miss are all middle of the road teams that make bowl games occassionally and are usually competitive at the very least(just like Iowa St, Kansas, and Missouri) You tell me where the SEC IS so much better than the Big XII. To say that OU, Texas, and Nebraska as programs are on tier with the third or fourth best team in the SEC is beyond crazy talk...Any talk of those 3 being outside the top 10 programs in the country is almost crazy let alone lumping them with the middle of the SEC

picasso
8/10/2006, 08:04 PM
actually the USC game wasn't close. I watched the whole thing.
now I thought we had the best team in '03 but certainly not in '04.

why again are you here?

I just love conference smack.

btw, my brother saw coach Fulmer at Hooters.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:05 PM
I have to admit, I am guilty of letting Nebraska's greatness escape my mind... So let me post that now, and ill get to the rest..

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:14 PM
Big Dogs - OU, Alabama, Texas, Nebraska, Tennessee(on the basis of winning % mostly), Georgia

Great Solid Programs - K-State(Texas Tech will probably replace them here in the next 10 years), Colorado, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida

Programs on the Rise - Texas Tech, South Carolina

Stagnate Programs - Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi St, Iowa St, Missouri, Kansas

Napolean Complex - Okie State, and Vanderbilt(although Vanderbilt is a great school and university and from what I can tell, they do things right)

Baylor and Kentucky both suck but let's face it, Baylor is probably the more competitive of the two ;)

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:15 PM
I think your assessments are close, but your claim about Colorado is a little off base... Colorado spent maybe 5-10 years as a "upper" program... They would be similiar to Mississippi State...

Now, the other thing i'd like to take HUGE issue with is this...

" Arkansas, Miss St, and Ole Miss are all middle of the road teams that make bowl games occassionally and are usually competitive at the very least(just like Iowa St, Kansas, and Missouri)"

And anyone calls me stupid? Ole Miss and Arkansas have more history and success alone than ISU, KS, and MIZZOU all put together, that was just a dumb thing to say...

Once again, my comment about competing with the middle of the SEC is limited to recent history, and i said that from the word GO...

No doubt, NU OU and Texas are 3 of the programs that made CF what it is... I would never argue that, b/c it would be futile... My comparisons were meant for the head to head comment, that was all... Its just been generalized...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:17 PM
In short, I dont have to be stupid.. We can agree to disagree, but Im civil about it, and you can be too... We dont, and wont have to agree on everything.. Thats the beauty of CF is the debate... I like other viewpoints, it keeps me in check, I honestly like to see other opinions, and as Ive shown, when Im wrong, I have no problem admitting it...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:30 PM
Ole MIss has two Mannings and no National Championships unless I am missing something? Arkansas has done what in the last 20 years?

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:31 PM
Ole MIss has two Mannings and no National Championships unless I am missing something? Arkansas has done what in the last 30 years?
fixed

actually, and that was when they were swc.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:32 PM
Ole MIss has two Mannings and no National Championships unless I am missing something? Arkansas has done what in the last 20 years?

Beaten the h*ll out of Texas twice, and played them very close in a 5-6 season? That count? I didnt say they were premier programs, but the schools you compared them to are just laughable...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:34 PM
fixed

actually, and that was when they were swc.

OK big mouth... You want to go there, then are we only counting what Texas OU and NU have done since joining the Big XII? No, I didnt think so, stay out of it junior, if you arent going to think your point through fully before posting...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:36 PM
OsU has beaten OU 4 or 5 times in the last 10 years...Does that make OsU just a notch below a premier program...Hell to be honest, Barry Sanders trumps the Mannings, so you could argue that too ;)

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:36 PM
Ole **** hasn't won a conf title since 63
Arkie - has two div champs since joining sec, no titles

Misery hasn't since 69
KU - 68

royalfan5
8/10/2006, 08:37 PM
Ole Miss won a title in the late 50's under John Vaught.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:38 PM
OsU has beaten OU 4 or 5 times in the last 10 years...Does that make OsU just a notch below a premier program...Hell to be honest, Barry Sanders trumps the Mannings, so you could argue that too ;)

I didnt bring up players, you did, you can bang your head against that wall by yourself...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:38 PM
Well throwing out the SWC and Big 8 stuff for Nebraska, OU, and texas really wouldn't effect the prestige of those 3 programs ;) and it would enhance Tech, Kansas, Iowa St, and Kansas St, So yeah we can throw it out if you like ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:39 PM
Well outside of the Mannings can anyone in America tell anyone anything about Ole Miss?

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:39 PM
Well throwing out the SWC and Big 8 stuff for Nebraska, OU, and texas really wouldn't effect the prestige of those 3 programs ;) and it would enhance Tech, Kansas, Iowa St, and Kansas St, So yeah we can throw it out if you like ;)

I didnt suggest the notion sir, he did... And that would take away a HELL of alot of wins and NCs, so this wouldnt even be a conversation...

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:40 PM
OK big mouth... You want to go there, then are we only counting what Texas OU and NU have done since joining the Big XII? No, I didnt think so, stay out of it junior, if you arent going to think your point through fully before posting...
Dude, I cut you tremendous amounts of slack the past day and that's what you do? ****ing classless.

I thought we were talking P R O G R A M S within the existing conferences now. Were we not?

My point was that Arkie hasn't been a power since leaving the swc, Probably due to losing a lot of recruiting from texas since they got to play there 4 times a year at the diff schools.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:41 PM
Well outside of the Mannings can anyone in America tell anyone anything about Ole Miss?

Im sure they could tell you more than OK State, but you are just getting pathetic now... I have said over and over, I respect the big XII, im not arguing players with you, b/c its purely subjective.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:43 PM
Arkansas probably didn't deserve to be lumped with that group...but they are quickly heading towards them. I think within 10 years they will lose recruiting battles to Missouri's of the world.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:44 PM
Dude, I cut you tremendous amounts of slack the past day and that's what you do? ****ing classless.

I thought we were talking P R O G R A M S within the existing conferences now. Were we not?

My point was that Arkie hasn't been a power since leaving the swc, Probably due to losing a lot of recruiting from texas since they got to play there 4 times a year at the diff schools.

No, we werent, if we were, OU, NU, and Texas wouldnt be within 400 wins of Tennessee probably, or Georgia, Auburn, Florida, and LSU... Why would this be a convo if we were limiting it to current conferences... Im not discrediting OU for having a different conference, but you want to discredit Arkie for it... And I'm classless? lol.. comical...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:46 PM
ROFL! Im classless? Suck it dude! You know how many "Fat Phil" posts Ive had to see the past 2 days? Ive said NOTHING negative about OU, and thats what ive gotten for two days, hillbilly jokes and "fat Phil", and Im classless? What a joke.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:48 PM

When you respect a conference, you don't claim the 6th best team can beat our 2nd best team

You are the one who delved off into this program talk. The Big XII school are second to no one in tradition and excellence.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:48 PM
No, we werent, if we were, OU, NU, and Texas wouldnt be within 400 wins of Tennessee probably, or Georgia, Auburn, Florida, and LSU... Why would this be a convo if we were limiting it to current conferences... Im not discrediting OU for having a different conference, but you want to discredit Arkie for it... And I'm classless? lol.. comical...
No, I was pointing out that ark was in a conf with mostly big 12 teams. And yes, your comments were over the line with me and unnecessary. I wasn't throwing anyone's records out because they were in another conf, just pointing out that they weren't what they once were.
Let me repeat this, Arkansas hasn't been a power in a while, that is why people were lumping them with lesser teams. The only difference is, they had the run back in the 60's.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:50 PM
ROFL! Im classless? Suck it dude! You know how many "Fat Phil" posts Ive had to see the past 2 days? Ive said NOTHING negative about OU, and thats what ive gotten for two days, hillbilly jokes and "fat Phil", and Im classless? What a joke.
Jeez, I didn't know you swung that way.

royalfan5
Your from Tennesee are you surprised people pull the hillbilly card? I don't get all work up when people harp on corn in Nebraska when we have beans, wheat, milo, cattle, hogs, and renewable fuels too. Plus, if you don't want to people to make fun of your fat coach, get a skinny one.

Gandalf_The_Grey

First of all, most people were offended by a person registering to comment on the Bomar situation from a school where basically Fulmer Snitched on Bama for paying a player MORE than they did and did so in order to avoid any NCAA problems.... Surely you can see how we might feel a little upset about anything involving an opinion from Tennessee?

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:51 PM
Maybe you should just leave now. You obviously are not wanted here, at all. I'm sure it's a feeling you've experienced many times in life.

sooneron
8/10/2006, 08:52 PM
Your from Tennesee are you surprised people pull the hillbilly card? I don't get all work up when people harp on corn in Nebraska when we have beans, wheat, milo, cattle, hogs, and renewable fuels too. Plus, if you don't want to people to make fun of your fat coach, get a skinny one.
Uh oh, now the bugeaters are ****ed.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:53 PM
They should be ****ed, they almost got completely cut out of the dominant program list ;)

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:53 PM
When you respect a conference, you don't claim the 6th best team can beat our 2nd best team

You are the one who delved off into this program talk. The Big XII school are second to no one in tradition and excellence.

Hold on, I didnt delve off into anything, you need to read the thread a little better big boy...

Thats where it got brought up, not by me...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 08:56 PM
Well has Tennessee been handed their *** recently by the Big XII...one would say for about a 5 year period, it happend quite a bit, so MAYBE you are past due on that ;)

royalfan5
8/10/2006, 08:57 PM
Uh oh, now the bugeaters are ****ed.
All I know is the last two times we played Tennessee we didn't have problems with them. I would think they would remember that.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 08:58 PM
First of all, most people were offended by a person registering to comment on the Bomar situation from a school where basically Fulmer Snitched on Bama for paying a player MORE than they did and did so in order to avoid any NCAA problems.... Surely you can see how we might feel a little upset about anything involving an opinion from Tennessee?

Another bad mistake genious... I didnt register to comment on Bomar.. I registered to ask more knowledgable OU fans on the Peterson story, b/c I was misinformed, and knew you guys would clear it up... You are way off base with that sir...

And, suprisingly, you are wrong about the Bama - TN story too, go figure that... There were many players involved, if you researched anything, you'd know that... It involved several SEC coaches, as i said before, Fulmer was just the one who taped a convo..

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:01 PM
Well has Tennessee been handed their *** recently by the Big XII...one would say for about a 5 year period, it happend quite a bit, so MAYBE you are past due on that ;)

Get ready, this is something you guys arent used to, a poster who tells the truth:

We are overdue, the Big XII OWNED UT for several straight games... I have no shame in losing to that 97 NU team, they were GREAT, the next one, I wish we'd have won, i felt we were the better team, but didnt get it done, and the Kstate game, they killed us... The big XII OWNED us, for many years... We got A&M, who was really an inferior team, so its not a win to hang your hat on for us... I hope we do meet back up with a top Big XII team, we need redemption, being a realistic and true fan, Im not dillusional enough to argue facts, and the facts are we have choked against the big XII...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I can see that, it has to hurt that Arkansas with inferior talent has played the Big 12 much better :P

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I can see that, it has to hurt that Arkansas with inferior talent has played the Big 12 much better :P

It doesnt hurt, its just the way it goes.. Id much rather play the SEC better, they can do whatever against the BIG XII, but it means a hill of beans to me if they cant beat the SEC like we have... I would like to see us do a little better vs the Big XII, I want us to win them all, but we cant, wait a minute, is it just me, or do we have as many undefeated seasons as any one BIG XII team in the past, oh, 15 years? Nevermind, back on track, I have no jealousy of Arkansas, im proud that a middle of the road SEC team is repping so well as to control their recent series with the BIG XII's pride and joy...

Blue
8/10/2006, 09:14 PM
It doesnt hurt, its just the way it goes.. Id much rather play the SEC better, they can do whatever against the BIG XII, but it means a hill of beans to me if they cant beat the SEC like we have... I would like to see us do a little better vs the Big XII, I want us to win them all, but we cant, wait a minute, is it just me, or do we have as many undefeated seasons as any one BIG XII team in the past, oh, 15 years? Nevermind, back on track, I have no jealousy of Arkansas, im proud that a middle of the road SEC team is repping so well as to control their recent series with the BIG XII's pride and joy...

Ahhh.... the wildly flinging hands of a fan drowning back into national mediocrity. Life is good. :pop:

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:16 PM
Ahhh.... the wildly flinging hands of a fan drowning back into national mediocrity. Life is good. :pop:

Its true, but too bad not everyone can get 9 free wins a year vs horrible out of conference opponents and almost as bad in conference...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 09:18 PM
Do you mean like you USED to defeat the SEC ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 09:19 PM
Its true, but too bad not everyone can get 9 free wins a year vs horrible out of conference opponents and almost as bad in conference...

I have no clue who you are talking about?

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:21 PM
Do you mean like you USED to defeat the SEC ;)

I guess, if you are so narrow minded as to remember last season only, then yes, USED to... Well, there was that pesky win vs LSU who went 11-2... But generally, we have to pick it back up...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:22 PM
I have no clue who you are talking about?

Thats the funny part, BIG XII fans dont even know how much the middle and bottom of their conference is laughed at...

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 09:27 PM
Okay now you are an asshat. When did Air Force, Marshall, Memphis, and California become the toughest OOC schedule ever? Vanderbilt and Kentucky should be cake walks for you, Baylor and Oklahoma St should be cake walks for us....Where is Tennessee's SUPERIOR Schedule?

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:32 PM
Okay now you are an asshat. When did Air Force, Marshall, Memphis, and California become the toughest OOC schedule ever? Vanderbilt and Kentucky should be cake walks for you, Baylor and Oklahoma St should be cake walks for us....Where is Tennessee's SUPERIOR Schedule?

You arent really going here are you?

OK, if you wanna, ill embarass you to amuse myself...

In the past few years, we have scheduled the likes of Miami and Notre Dame, now Cal on our schedule.. You plz give me the OOC team you have to match them...

Where is it SUPERIOR? LMAO...

You play Texas... We play Florida

You play Nebraska? lol.. We play LSU

You play? Missouri? dont know? We play Florida

You play A &M? seriously, i havent looked, your schedule isnt worth looking at... We play Georgia

You play OK STATE? lol, We play South Carolina

Seriously, nice try, but that was funny, fast, and easy, thank you, come again...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:33 PM
We do this every single year SON. We cant look at 1 game a year as our make or break game... We have 4 - 6 to worry about every year, b/c our conference isnt loaded with BUMS... Please dude, you are just embarrassing yourself now...

birddog
8/10/2006, 09:36 PM
actually we had the most difficult schedule in the nation last year. but go on, this is amusing. keep convincing yourself why you won't have a losing record again.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 09:38 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Notre Dame backed out of playing us..that one is a fact, we play MIami next year and we have played Cal in the last 10 years. Oregon is better than Cal anyway.

I hope you aren't comparing Florida to the defending National Champions? And i guess Florida is so good, they are better than both the defending National Champs and Missouri? OR do you play Florida twice? The SEC is so schizo, that you don't know if you are going to be playing 11-2 LSU or LSU that embarrasses itself against Tennessee. Playing in College Station is the equivalent of playing in Georgia, College Station has broken many great teams. Texas Tech IS ALOT better than South Carolina but thanks for using OSU for the Comparison. Here watch me do the same things

You play Kentucky? lol, we play the defending National Champions!

Blue
8/10/2006, 09:39 PM
Smoke and mirrors. Since when did USC become a powerhouse? They're decent. Kinda like Missouri and Iowa St. decent. Missouri beat them in the Independence last year.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 09:41 PM
They have "God McSpurriorious"

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 09:42 PM
Also, wonder what 6 games you are worried about? ON that schedule of yours, I might be worried about 2 or 3

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:42 PM
Smoke and mirrors. Since when did USC become a powerhouse? They're decent. Kinda like Missouri and Iowa St. decent. Missouri beat them in the Independence last year.

I never said they were a "powerhouse", its just tougher than playing Baylor... Mizzou beat them, but come on, SC went to sleep in the second half, they were KILLING Mizzou at the half... Anyway...

Blue
8/10/2006, 09:43 PM
Also, wonder what 6 games you are worried about? ON that schedule of yours, I might be worried about 2 or 3

You have to worry when the other teams are looking at his squad and marking it a gimmie.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:44 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Notre Dame backed out of playing us..that one is a fact, we play MIami next year and we have played Cal in the last 10 years. Oregon is better than Cal anyway.

I hope you aren't comparing Florida to the defending National Champions? And i guess Florida is so good, they are better than both the defending National Champs and Missouri? OR do you play Florida twice? The SEC is so schizo, that you don't know if you are going to be playing 11-2 LSU or LSU that embarrasses itself against Tennessee. Playing in College Station is the equivalent of playing in Georgia, College Station has broken many great teams. Texas Tech IS ALOT better than South Carolina but thanks for using OSU for the Comparison. Here watch me do the same things

You play Kentucky? lol, we play the defending National Champions!

I am comparing FLA to Texas, b/c Texas is minus their best player, and their best RB, they will be about the equal of Florida... And I was emphasizing that we do this every single year... TTU may be better than SC, but do they measure up to LSU? UGA? Bama? I dont think so... UGA and A & M are the same? You showed your ignorance there.. A&M may have broken BIG XII teams, but they dont do too much vs the SEC (see 05 Cotton Bowl)... Georgia has had many GREAT teams, not just broken them...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:45 PM

You would only be worried about 2 or 3 b/c you wouldnt stand a chance in the others... That was simple...

Blue
8/10/2006, 09:48 PM
I am comparing FLA to Texas, b/c Texas is minus their best player, and their best RB, they will be about the equal of Florida... And I was emphasizing that we do this every single year... TTU may be better than SC, but do they measure up to LSU? UGA? Bama? I dont think so... UGA and A & M are the same? You showed your ignorance there.. A&M may have broken BIG XII teams, but they dont do too much vs the SEC (see 05 Cotton Bowl)... Georgia has had many GREAT teams, not just broken them...

I would say Tech is better than Bama considering that Cotton Bowl score from last year and what Bama lost. Bama is 8-4, 9-3 this year due only to the fact Hawaii is their toughest OOC game. I put UGA on par with Nebraska, cept NU looks to be getting better, UGA not so much.

birddog
8/10/2006, 09:49 PM
you have lost your mind guy. i'd stand behind my big conference brothers too, if i were you. you can't win a fight on your own.

GoVols817
Im off to bed girls... Enjoy the next 10-12 hours of jerking each other off agreeing with everything the other one says and someday being able to tout the deep talent the SEC has...

Gandalf_The_Grey
Cal - we win
Air Force - we win
marshall - win
memphis - win
Georgia - ?
Alabama - ?
South Carolina - win
LSU - ?
Arkansas - win
Vanderbilt - win
Kentucky Win

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 09:50 PM
What 6 of those games are you WORRIED about again?

birddog
8/10/2006, 09:50 PM
come back and see us when you miss out on a bowl fella.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:51 PM
I would say Tech is better than Bama considering that Cotton Bowl score from last year and what Bama lost. Bama is 8-4, 9-3 this year due only to the fact Hawaii is their toughest OOC game. I put UGA on par with Nebraska, cept NU looks to be getting better, UGA not so much.

Yeah b/c Tech didnt lose anything.. Moron... UGA on par with Nebraska? lol... I havent seen UGA get beat 70 to something, EVER... Go back to school, learn something, then come back to me...

Blue
8/10/2006, 09:51 PM
I'd put Tennesse on par with Colorado. They've got issues.

That'd be a heck of a matchup in Shreveport this year. That is if ut could get to a bowl.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:52 PM
What 6 of those games are you WORRIED about again?

Cal
Florida
Georgia
Bama
LSU
SC

Im realistic, not dillusional, we have competition in the SEC boys, yall have ISU and Baylor.. Sweet dreams...

Dio
8/10/2006, 09:52 PM
It's 23 days until football season, and GoVols817/AllVol is ready for action.

http://tinypic.com/fa64oz.jpg

birddog
8/10/2006, 09:53 PM
you have vandy and msu...

MiccoMacey
I never said they were a "powerhouse", its just tougher than playing Baylor... Mizzou beat them, but come on, SC went to sleep in the second half, they were KILLING Mizzou at the half... Anyway...

Don't do that... don't dismiss the second half of a game to claim a victory. It's as cheap as you can get. You've sounded relatively rational and intelligent. Don't blow it on "Yeah, but we KILLED them in the first half". 'Cause Missou KILLED them even more in the second half.

Argue all you want about schedules et al...you've got some good points. But this is how classless fans answer questions.

GoVols817
I'd put Tennesse on par with Colorado. They've got issues.

That'd be a heck of a matchup in Shreveport this year. That is if ut could get to a bowl.

Yeah, thats close, considering we only have about 40 more wins in the past 10 years, nice observation...

Blue
8/10/2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah b/c Tech didnt lose anything.. Moron... UGA on par with Nebraska? lol... I havent seen UGA get beat 70 to something, EVER... Go back to school, learn something, then come back to me...

Bama is not that good this year. Neither is Tenn. Neither is Ole Miss, UK, Vandy, S.Car. Uga is back to an 8-3 team. I'm not sold on UF, Auburn or LSU. Arkie is mediocre. Miss State SUCKS.

Looks like one big AVERAGE conference to me.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:55 PM
Don't do that... don't dismiss the second half of a game to claim a victory. It's as cheap as you can get. You've sounded relatively rational and intelligent. Don't blow it on "Yeah, but we KILLED them in the first half". 'Cause Missou KILLED them even more in the second half.

Argue all you want about schedules et al...you've got some good points. But this is how classless fans answer questions.

I wasnt dismissing anything... There were two halves, and Mizzou won the game, im not the one here trying to discount things... I was merely stating the obvious, that SC controlled the game and shouldve won... Discredit SC before I credit Mizzou, you should never lose control of a game like that... I place more blame on LSU than i give credit to us for our win last year, we had no business winning that game, and im the first to admit it...Same concept...

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 09:56 PM
Bama is not that good this year. Neither is Tenn. Neither is Ole Miss, UK, Vandy, S.Car. Uga is back to an 8-3 team. I'm not sold on UF, Auburn or LSU. Arkie is mediocre. Miss State SUCKS.

Looks like one big AVERAGE conference to me.

I guess they all look average right now since the average record is 0-0, and well, all their records are 0-0... But once again, nice try...

Blue
8/10/2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah, thats close, considering we only have about 40 more wins in the past 10 years, nice observation...

Two Second-Tier programs battling it out to see who can get over 6-6 and 500.? It'll be a nice New years snack before the real programs are put on display.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 10:00 PM
Texas A&M starts a home-and-home series with Miami (Fla.) in 2007, Colorado has a home-and-home with Florida State, also starting next season, and Missouri has a deal to renew its rivalry against Illinois. UT has games scheduled with Arkansas and UCLA. Through 2015, Oklahoma has games scheduled with Miami (Fla.), Florida State, Washington, Notre Dame and Tennessee.

There goes our weak OOC for the conference argument. BTW, if OU was playing Tennessee this year, I would mark it down in the win category as well ;)

MiccoMacey
8/10/2006, 10:02 PM
Cal
Florida
Georgia
Bama
LSU
SC

Im realistic, not dillusional, we have competition in the SEC boys, yall have ISU and Baylor.. Sweet dreams...

For every one of our Baylors you have a Kentucky.

NU is more like 'Bama - both have history, both are currently trying to rebuild.

Texas is like LSU - a lot of hype but not much hardware.

Both conferrences can boast of powerhouse teams...both past and present.

I think it's silly to argue that one is clearly superior.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/10/2006, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by GoVols817
new 8/10/2006 09:56 PM This person is on your Ignore List.[View Post] [Un-Ignore User]

I couldn't agree more. LOL.

GoVols817
8/10/2006, 10:13 PM
For every one of our Baylors you have a Kentucky.

NU is more like 'Bama - both have history, both are currently trying to rebuild.

Texas is like LSU - a lot of hype but not much hardware.

Both conferrences can boast of powerhouse teams...both past and present.

I think it's silly to argue that one is clearly superior.

Look, im trying to be clear.. Im not trying to argue the SEC is "superior"... But surely you can admit that year in and year out, playing an SEC schedule is a little different... Our teams may not be better all time, but they are consistantly better every year... You can take any given year and find exceptions, but as a whole, they are tougher...

MiccoMacey
8/10/2006, 10:30 PM
Look, im trying to be clear.. Im not trying to argue the SEC is "superior"... But surely you can admit that year in and year out, playing an SEC schedule is a little different... Our teams may not be better all time, but they are consistantly better every year... You can take any given year and find exceptions, but as a whole, they are tougher...

Year in and year out...eh, how far back do you have to go (BTW, the Big XII has only been around for about a decade so a true comparison is not as historically accurate).

Since then, our top teams have been OU, Texas, KState, and Nebraska. Our middle of the road guys are TTech, A&M, Colorado, and ISU. Our bottom feeders have been Baylor, OSU, Missouri, and KU.

You guys have Florida, Georgia, Auburn and LSU in your op tier.

Then 'Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

Your bottom tier is SC, KU, Miss State, then Vandy.

Match'em up how you want to, but I think they're pretty even.

You and I aren't far off...I think the SEC is extremely tough. But to say which is tougher...it's largely a preference deal.

JPNSKER
8/10/2006, 10:37 PM

Do you normally talk in circles? 95% of the Vols fans that I have ran into are pretty decent people, yet you all have this pre-conceived notion that the SEC is THE conference for everyone else to "live up to". Tell yourselves that until your blue in the face, for all I care.

I will defend my B12 brethren here and just in case you forgot:

Tennessee (2-0)
Date Site Result NU Rank/Opp Attendance
01/02/1998 Miami* W 42-17 2/3 72,385
01/02/2000 Tempe** W 31-21 3/5 71,526
* Orange Bowl **Fiesta Bowl

So, until you actually get into the win column vs the B12, please save your "we're a stronger conference" blather for some other board....

MiccoMacey
8/10/2006, 10:41 PM
So, until you actually get into the win column vs the B12, please save your "we're a stronger conference" blather for some other board....

Uhmmmm....they beat us in the Sugar Bowl, I believe.

But I get the gist of your post. Carry on. ;)

OUstud
8/10/2006, 10:50 PM
Here's how I see the SEC vs. Big XII:

Ole Miss doesn't know it, but they have a Boo Blake as a coach: solid recruiter but clueless everywhere else. (10 points on Memphis? WTF?) They're kinda like A&M, bad coach, a tradition that isn't about championships (The Grove and 12th man)

Mississippi State could be called the current a$$hole of BCS college football. But, they have been to the Cotton Bowl and are very proud of that. So they are Aggy.

Tennessee is a team that needs a new coach. Good tradition, did beat us in our first Orange Bowl. Comparable to Nebraska.

Arkansas is essentially Mizzou, occassional success that makes everyone oogle over a QB that winds up as a WR in the NFL. Then under increased expectations they go like 5-6.

Kentucky and Vanderbilt could either drop football or merge and no one would notice. The collective Baylor of the SEC.

South Carolina is like Iowa State, just for the fact that people often forget they're in the conference, and have little in tradition and have only been successful recently.

Alabama is comparable to OU, great tradition and crimson colored. (obviously)

Florida is like Texas Tech, kind of an afterthought with spots of success in the past until an offensive mastermind put them on the map.

As mentioned above, LSU=Saxet, not much hardware but have the tradition.

There aren't any other comparisions between any of the leftovers that I can think of.

JPNSKER
8/10/2006, 10:53 PM
Uhmmmm....they beat us in the Sugar Bowl, I believe.

But I get the gist of your post. Carry on. ;)

Heh... Sorry, meant percentage-wise.....:)

goingoneight
8/11/2006, 12:31 AM
October 16, 2004, Larry Birdine and Jonathan Jackson gave Meier a little love tap that gave Webb a little playing time. :D

Care to guess why I don't remember October 16, 2004? :D

royalfan5
8/11/2006, 12:44 AM
Here's how I see the SEC vs. Big XII:

Ole Miss doesn't know it, but they have a Boo Blake as a coach: solid recruiter but clueless everywhere else. (10 points on Memphis? WTF?) They're kinda like A&M, bad coach, a tradition that isn't about championships (The Grove and 12th man)

Mississippi State could be called the current a$$hole of BCS college football. But, they have been to the Cotton Bowl and are very proud of that. So they are Aggy.

Tennessee is a team that needs a new coach. Good tradition, did beat us in our first Orange Bowl. Comparable to Nebraska.

Arkansas is essentially Mizzou, occassional success that makes everyone oogle over a QB that winds up as a WR in the NFL. Then under increased expectations they go like 5-6.

Kentucky and Vanderbilt could either drop football or merge and no one would notice. The collective Baylor of the SEC.

South Carolina is like Iowa State, just for the fact that people often forget they're in the conference, and have little in tradition and have only been successful recently.

Alabama is comparable to OU, great tradition and crimson colored. (obviously)

Florida is like Texas Tech, kind of an afterthought with spots of success in the past until an offensive mastermind put them on the map.

As mentioned above, LSU=Saxet, not much hardware but have the tradition.

There aren't any other comparisions between any of the leftovers that I can think of.
Let's give Florida a little more credit that being the Tech of the SEC. Tech is the homeless man's Florida.

Octavian
8/11/2006, 01:17 AM
To the guy who said Bama is the only team in the SEC with tradition... Really? You know how many teams have more all time wins than Tennessee? 5... That isnt tradition?

Let me help you out, slappy....since I'm "the guy."

I didn't say Tennessee or other SEC teams doesn't have "tradition." Of course they do....Tulsa has "tradition."

I said your historical resumes are pretty bare...so you harp about your large tailgate parties and big stadiums to make up for lack of on-field accomplishments. That's okay....I enjoy me a good SEC campus party.

Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn....all have great pride and great tradition (Between the Hedges, the Faux Big House, Death Valley, The Swamp, fake national championship parades complete w/ toilet paper and embarrassed players...)

Just not much beyond that...

Tennessee didn't win a NC between 1967 and 1998 (31 years).
They have 2.

LSU didn't win one between 1958 and '03 (45 years).
They have 2.

Georgia didn't win one between 1942 and 1980 (38 years).
They also have 2.

Florida won their only NC in 1996 (in a year they didn't go undefeated-and their loss wasn't to an SEC school).

The Barn has also won exactly one NC (1957).

Outside of Alabama...SEC accomplishments in historical terms would make a Sooner, Husker, or Longhorn fanbase demand their coach or AD be run out of town on a rail...

Don't come on Soonerfans and think the puny accomplishments of a few Southern "powerhouses" somehow impresses us.

Put it this way: Oklahoma has lost more national championship games than Tennessee has played in. As has Nebraska.

We make fun of Texas for their NC count and they've won twice as many as Tennessee, Georgia, or LSU. I won't waste my time further pointing out the mediocrity of Florida or Auburn.

Again, I respect what Alabama has done on the field - as should anyone else.

The rest of you all? You have good tailgate parties.

Blue
8/11/2006, 02:05 AM

I didn't say Tennessee or other SEC teams doesn't have "tradition." Of course they do....Tulsa has "tradition."

I said your historical resumes are pretty bare...so you harp about your large tailgate parties and big stadiums to make up for lack of on-field accomplishments. That's okay....I enjoy me a good SEC campus party.

Georgia, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Auburn....all have great pride and great tradition (Between the Hedges, the Faux Big House, Death Valley, The Swamp, fake national championship parades complete w/ toilet paper and embarrassed players...)

They have 2.

They have 2.

They also have 2.

Florida won their only NC in 1996 (in a year they didn't go undefeated-and their loss wasn't to an SEC school).

Outside of Alabama...SEC accomplishments in historical terms would make a Sooner, Husker, or Longhorn fanbase demand their coach or AD be run out of town on a rail...

Don't come on Soonerfans and think the puny accomplishments of a few Southern "powerhouses" somehow impresses us.

Put it this way: Oklahoma has lost more national championship games than Tennessee has played in. As has Nebraska.

We make fun of Texas for their NC count and they've won twice as many as Tennessee, Georgia, or LSU. I won't waste my time further pointing out the mediocrity of Florida or Auburn.

Game, set, and match. I believe we can put this thread to bed.

Sooner-N-KS
8/11/2006, 06:20 AM
Care to guess why I don't remember October 16, 2004? :D

Fill me in. I was at that game. The first half was a little scarey, but the second half was all AD.

David Earl
8/11/2006, 07:27 AM

Cool it with the name calling or you'll get shoe-whipped.

GoVols817
8/11/2006, 07:34 AM

They have 2.

They have 2.

They also have 2.

I would like to see at what point I said the schools I stated had tradition had more historical tradition than anyone else? Please, point that out to me, until then, keep your mouth shut... Dont put words in my mouth, you said they didnt have tradition, I was pointing out that they do... If you call tradition NCs, and only that, then hey, sorry... You guys (OU) have exactly as many as we do since you actually became the BIG XII.. So does Texas... Nebraska has two, congrats to them... You had a shot at a 2nd NC, what happened to that? Oh yeah, you actually were forced to play an SEC team... If you want to go back and argue about 100 year old stuff, do it with someone else... I havent belittled OU, NU, or Texas' tradition at any point, ever... Please, stop making stuff up to make yourself feel better...

GoVols817
8/11/2006, 07:35 AM
Cool it with the name calling or you'll get shoe-whipped.

Oh please no... Dont do that... Then no one can call me a hillbilly, or take things I say completely out of context... Ya, nice consistency there...

EDIT: Oh, i left out being called "clem", which i later found to be an acronym for "nancy boy" or queer...

But hey, where were you on that? Im sure watching some Barry Switzer tape or something... You were much better at that...

GoVols817
8/11/2006, 07:40 AM

Yeah, I dont guess this one counts either...

David Earl
8/11/2006, 07:42 AM
Dude, I don't read every post on this board. If someone called you a name, report the post.

I've checked several of your posts and they are mostly good discussion. Your opinions are certainly welcome. But I'm telling you to quit the name calling or I'll ban you.

GoVols817
8/11/2006, 07:45 AM
Year in and year out...eh, how far back do you have to go (BTW, the Big XII has only been around for about a decade so a true comparison is not as historically accurate).

Since then, our top teams have been OU, Texas, KState, and Nebraska. Our middle of the road guys are TTech, A&M, Colorado, and ISU. Our bottom feeders have been Baylor, OSU, Missouri, and KU.

You guys have Florida, Georgia, Auburn and LSU in your op tier.

Then 'Bama, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Ole Miss.

Your bottom tier is SC, KU, Miss State, then Vandy.

Match'em up how you want to, but I think they're pretty even.

You and I aren't far off...I think the SEC is extremely tough. But to say which is tougher...it's largely a preference deal.

This guy knows how to represent a fan base... You can lump UT in that middle tier over the last 5 years, but if you are using the 10 years or so that the big 12 has been around, UT would be in the top tier of the SEC... 1 SEC team has won more games since then (Florida). But yes, we are close, I guess the fundamental difference is that I dont see playing Texas Tech, Texas A&m and OSU every year the same as playing Bama, LSU, Georgia or Florida... I understand Texas, just not the rest... Any given year? Sure, they have years, but every single year is different...

GoVols817
8/11/2006, 07:50 AM
Dude, I don't read every post on this board. If someone called you a name, report the post.

I've checked several of your posts and they are mostly good discussion. Your opinions are certainly welcome. But I'm telling you to quit the name calling or I'll ban you.

I dont need to report the post, Im not that much of a pansy... Wait, can I call myself a name? Anyway, people call me a hillbilly, "clem", constantly insult my school, my state and so on, i think calling a spade a spade is like offering them a rose... But, you dropping the ban hammer on me would run right in line with the overall vibe i get from this general site, trigger happy and bitter, and completely ignoring the faults of the OU posters... But ban on!

BlackShirtBeast
8/11/2006, 07:50 AM
hope you havent forgotten that Nebraska and UT meet in 2016-17, too bad we'll all be dead by then, but its still pretty exciting that we meet in the regular season. Wonder who will be the coaches...

David Earl
8/11/2006, 07:54 AM
But ban on!

As you wish.

AllVol
8/11/2006, 08:17 AM
hope you havent forgotten that Nebraska and UT meet in 2016-17, too bad we'll all be dead by then, but its still pretty exciting that we meet in the regular season. Wonder who will be the coaches...

Before I respond to this, I was obviously banned... Should have been... I lipped off about it, shouldnt have.. Sry bout that DE.. But for all who are gonna whine, i messaged him first thing when I re registered, and have been cleared to post...

I havent forgotten, Im looking forward to it... As well as our OU series and Oregon Series...

David Earl
8/11/2006, 08:24 AM
Thanks AllVol. He's right, you people. He is clear to continue posting.

AllVol
8/11/2006, 08:38 AM
Do you normally talk in circles? 95% of the Vols fans that I have ran into are pretty decent people, yet you all have this pre-conceived notion that the SEC is THE conference for everyone else to "live up to". Tell yourselves that until your blue in the face, for all I care.

I will defend my B12 brethren here and just in case you forgot:

Tennessee (2-0)
Date Site Result NU Rank/Opp Attendance
01/02/1998 Miami* W 42-17 2/3 72,385
01/02/2000 Tempe** W 31-21 3/5 71,526
* Orange Bowl **Fiesta Bowl

Once again, a misrepresentation of what ive been saying, but...

We are in win column vs the B12, rather recenty, check your records, open mouth, insert foot.

picasso
8/11/2006, 08:57 AM
I smell fart.

smells like fart in here.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/11/2006, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by AllVol
new 8/11/2006 08:38 AM This person is on your Ignore List.[View Post] [Un-Ignore User]

I couldn't agree more. LOL!

AllVol
8/11/2006, 10:35 AM
I couldn't agree more. LOL!

Only a definite indication of people who dont want to talk football honestly, they just want to conversate with people who agree with them... Which is fine, there are all sorts of poeple who need to be petted (is that even a word?)... Just so happens most of those are under the age of 7 or have breast that produce milk... Heres to your grouping!

birddog
8/11/2006, 10:53 AM
ok, well feel free to make your point for the 100th time. i just think it's not a matter of not wanting to talk football, it's just gandalf and others are growing tired of discussing the topic.

AllVol
8/11/2006, 10:54 AM
ok, well feel free to make your point for the 100th time. i just think it's not a matter of not wanting to talk football, it's just gandalf and others are growing tired of discussing the topic.

They werent discussing, they were reading facts that i posted then twisting them out of context and calling me stupid for it... thats not discussing...

birddog
8/11/2006, 11:01 AM
what else do you want to discuss? it is an open-ended debate. without factual info. (overall won-loss results between sec and big 12) it's all opinion anyways. i think you have established you think the sec is better....

AllVol
8/11/2006, 11:07 AM
what else do you want to discuss? it is an open-ended debate. without factual info. (overall won-loss results between sec and big 12) it's all opinion anyways. i think you have established you think the sec is better....

Thats the problem, I dont necessarily think that, and wasnt trying to say that... I was simply saying on a year to year basis, an SEC schedule is tougher than a BIG XII, that doesnt make us better as a whole or anything. People started bringing up all time records and blah blah blah... I like discussing it, i like other peoples views, I have been wrong several times on this forum, and disagreed with several things, I dont act like a child and ignore people... Its a sign of weakness, and its fine... We can all have an opinion, but if you have to go back 50 years to make your point valid, its a pretty weak point...

MiccoMacey
8/11/2006, 02:38 PM
We can all have an opinion, but if you have to go back 50 years to make your point valid, its a pretty weak point...

I think here's where the problem exists for most people on this board.

The Big XII is only 10 years old. Our history is much greater than just this past ten years.

You guys (OU) have exactly as many as we do since you actually became the BIG XII.. So does Texas... Nebraska has two, congrats to them...

If you want to make an argument about ONLY the past ten years, then, yes, you have as many NCs as we do. But that's not fair to those who had success prior to the Big XII. Otherwise, 'Bama doesn't get to count their 26 NC's they awarded themselves throughout the years for whatever various reasons.

As for which conference is tougher to play in week in and week out, you said:

I guess the fundamental difference is that I dont see playing Texas Tech, Texas A&m and OSU every year the same as playing Bama, LSU, Georgia or Florida...

Well, yes, since you picked arguably your top tier against our second and third tier teams. Not a real fair comparison.

AllVol
8/11/2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe you missed something, but my comment about the Big XII inception and after was in rebuttal to some guy discrediting Arkie's history b/c they were better before they hit the SEC... Ill say this for the 12345343rd time... I am not nieve enough to think any conference anywhere could every compare itself to the tradition of the 3 powerhouses that are now in the Big XII...

And im not taking our top tier vs your second or third... Im talking about a given teams schedule vs their conference... Like, for example, Tennessee and OU... OU cant play theirself... They play Texas and the other guys... I hardly think that year in and year out, that is the same as playing Florida, UGA, Bama, who we play EVERY year, and we alternate Auburn and LSU... I just dont see it...

MiccoMacey
8/11/2006, 05:05 PM
Cool. We'll just agree to disagree. BTW, I have Ark as one of my surprise picks. 18 starters back....I don't care how bad they were last year, those guys will improve by leaps and bounds. I'm waiting for the USC game before I make any bolder predictions, but they should be good.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/11/2006, 05:07 PM
And im not taking our top tier vs your second or third... Im talking about a given teams schedule vs their conference... Like, for example, Tennessee and OU... OU cant play theirself... They play Texas and the other guys... I hardly think that year in and year out, that is the same as playing Florida, UGA, Bama, who we play EVERY year, and we alternate Auburn and LSU... I just dont see i

You close with Arkansas, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky? None of these 3 teams are as good as Nebraska, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and probably not as good as Kansas, Iowa St, and Missouri. Every conference has cupcakes

MiccoMacey
8/11/2006, 05:10 PM
Your tough three are tougher than our tough three, but your softer three are worse than our softer three.

Does that sum it up?

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/11/2006, 05:19 PM
No for God's Sake THEY PLAY FLORIDA!!! WE PLAY BAYLOR!!!

SoonerJLB
8/11/2006, 07:00 PM
Personally, I like Tennessee. If it was for them beating the Vinnie led fatiqued Canes in the 1986 Fiesta Bowl. OU would not have won the 1985 NC. I know we don't like teams with the initials UT and orange and white...but at least their mascot has balls and is not gay. :texan: :)

AllVol
8/11/2006, 07:21 PM
Your tough three are tougher than our tough three, but your softer three are worse than our softer three.

Does that sum it up?

That is exactly what Ive been trying to say... I have NOT been trying to say every SEC team trumps the big 12, not even close... Ive only been saying that, no matter how good UT is, we have 4 games, every single year, that we have to seriously worry about from the getgo. OU has 1... Thats all Im saying. In a normal OU year, and a normal year for everyone else, the only team that could possibly be more TALENTED than OU is Texas... OU may lose to TTU or AM or OSU 1 time every 9 or 10 games, but for the most part, you can EXPECT to win those games, where we cant... That was all im saying, im glad this guy was THE one guy smart enough to see that...

birddog
8/11/2006, 07:49 PM
please make it go away....

Clever Trevor
8/11/2006, 09:00 PM
Thats the problem, I dont necessarily think that, and wasnt trying to say that... I was simply saying on a year to year basis, an SEC schedule is tougher than a BIG XII, that doesnt make us better as a whole or anything.
Someone needs to tell little orange crush that if you say one thing and then say another, you're saying the other.
Why don't you tards just say that you're better? If you're going to say you're schedule is tougher, it's the same thing! Your conference is better. Good lord, you guys have nothing on the f'ing hillbillies on this board!

Oh, yeah, scoreboard you nehi orange little beyonces.:texan:

Clever Trevor
8/11/2006, 09:27 PM
You guys are the focktards that start threads asking if everyone thinks you're an *******. If you have to ask, then you are.

BASSooner
8/11/2006, 10:16 PM
Dean should be coming in any minute now....

AllVol
8/11/2006, 10:19 PM
Dean should be coming in any minute now....

Thats why im letting him go... lol