1stTimeCaller
8/9/2006, 03:24 PM
nope

mdklatt
8/9/2006, 03:26 PM
Anyone use them?

Yes.

comments??

No complaints, but I've never had to file a claim or anything.

Jimminy Crimson
8/9/2006, 03:26 PM
The other half is employed by Farmers, if thats worth anything.

whatsername
8/9/2006, 03:30 PM
I've used them for years with no complaints, but I've also never filed a claim.

jeremy885
8/9/2006, 03:31 PM
If you when Farmers, then yes I use them.

My wife hit a parked car yesterday. Not major damage, probably about $1500 for both cars at the most. Called in the claim and it took over 30 minutes to just start the process. Hell, twenty minutes into the call, the girl is asking me what my name is, hello, shouldn't my policy that you pulled up tell you that? The main gripe I have with them was when an OKC cop rear-ended me and they tried to go cheap on the repairs for a 3 month old car because in their words "We're going to have the eat the cost of this since we can't sue the city". I'm sorry about that, but I'm sure you'll get it back from me in the end.

I'd give them a C overall. I guess it depends what kind of coverage you want and whether or not you prefer a local agent (compared to Geico and other such companies).

slickdawg
8/9/2006, 03:37 PM
If you when Farmers, then yes I use them.

My wife hit a parked car yesterday. Not major damage, probably about $1500 for both cars at the most. Called in the claim and it took over 30 minutes to just start the process. Hell, twenty minutes into the call, the girl is asking me what my name is, hello, shouldn't my policy that you pulled up tell you that? The main gripe I have with them was when an OKC cop rear-ended me and they tried to go cheap on the repairs for a 3 month old car because in their words "We're going to have the eat the cost of this since we can't sue the city". I'm sorry about that, but I'm sure you'll get it back from me in the end.

I'd give them a C overall. I guess it depends what kind of coverage you want and whether or not you prefer a local agent (compared to Geico and other such companies).

Interesting!

Phil
8/9/2006, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't give them a dime of my money. They're great until you have to file a claim.

Boomer.....
8/9/2006, 03:50 PM
I have had them for almost 8 years and never had a complaint. When I started driving a was in a few accidents, but my insurance never rose dramatically. When I was involved in accidents, they took care of me perfectly. Their prices are great when compared to others. My wife and I have a 2001 F150 Supercrew and a 2006 Eclipse, fully insured, and pay around $110 a month.

P.S.: I also have home insurance through them. No complaints.

crawfish
8/9/2006, 04:11 PM
We've had to file multiple claims over the years and they've handled them exceptionally in every case. Having the right agent can make all the difference in the world, though.

I'm gonna PM you my agent's name and number...

salth2o
8/9/2006, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't give them a dime of my money. They're great until you have to file a claim.

Aren't most insurance company's like that though? They like to take your money.

mdklatt
8/9/2006, 04:34 PM

I've had good experiences with Progressive auto insurance both as a claimer and a claimee.

(I only have renter's insurance with Farmers.)

crawfish
8/9/2006, 04:45 PM

Again, the Agent has a ton to do with it, I don't care what insurance company you're with.

StoopTroup
8/9/2006, 08:51 PM
They treat you like you did it on purpose.

Screwed me on the car wreck and the Home Owners.

Progressive...took care of us and when the wrecks dropped off...so did the cost just as they said it would.

OUHOMER
8/9/2006, 08:57 PM
I had them until they canceled me. I had a shed burn down, About the size of a 1 car garage. Took out the water well, and a bunch of stuff. they paid off then they sent me a letter saying they were canceling me. I figured ok it will take them 15 years to get back their money, so i understood. But try finding another insurance company after you have been canceled. Its a pain

soonerbrat
8/9/2006, 08:58 PM
I'm happy with farmers. i had a car accident last september. the girl that hit me is insured through USAA and they are being total jackasses to me..they offered me $4200 on my 2000 protege, so I made a claim with Farmer's instead and they gave me $5800 for the car and subrogated it. I also got the med pay thru farmer's with no problems at all. still haven't settled with USAA, they are awful...i may have to file suit against the girl that hit me just so i can force them to give me more money.

TUSooner
8/9/2006, 08:59 PM
They have a very bad rep. here after Katrina, but then most insurance companies do, right now.

Spray
8/9/2006, 10:34 PM
They were difficult to deal with in Chicago on hail claims a few years back. Paid the least of all the majors and fought tooth and nail on every claim.

Blue would probably have a little insight on how they are to deal with in Atlanta currently.

Norm In Norman
8/9/2006, 10:49 PM
I've never had problems with them in 10 years, but then again I've never had to file a claim. I'm sure that's jinxed now.

jeremy885
8/10/2006, 08:35 AM
GMAC insurance is terrible too. My wife was rear ended on an on ramp here in McKinney. About $550 in damages and it took me over 10 phone calls (one a day for two weeks) to the claims rep to send me the check. Her excuse was "we didn't have your address", which is weird since they sent me the intial letter that they received the claim and were processing it.

Skysooner
8/10/2006, 08:52 AM
I'm happy with farmers. i had a car accident last september. the girl that hit me is insured through USAA and they are being total jackasses to me..they offered me $4200 on my 2000 protege, so I made a claim with Farmer's instead and they gave me $5800 for the car and subrogated it. I also got the med pay thru farmer's with no problems at all. still haven't settled with USAA, they are awful...i may have to file suit against the girl that hit me just so i can force them to give me more money.

USAA is actually pretty good if you are insured through them. My dad's house caught on fire about 8 years ago. We were waiting outside the house while the fire department did their thing. I called USAA on my father's policy, and they had an agent there before the fire department even left. They had $5,000 in their hands within an hour to buy just basic necessities and to find a place to live temporarily.

Another time my wife was in an accident that was caused by another driver who drove off. She got the license number and saw the neighborhood she had turned out of. We tracked down the car and the address. It turns out she was insured with USAA as well, and we filed the claim. The accident had been cited against that woman even though she drove off (multiple witnesses). USAA completely fixed my wife's car with no problems at all.

jeremy885
8/10/2006, 09:01 AM
Don't get me started about USAA. I was in fender bender in January which I claimed was a mutual fault (we both tried to get into the same lane at the same time). Well, I guess the other driver didn't feel that way and the USAA rep pretty much calls me to tell me that I'm a liar, he has it on tape that I admitted fault in the accident, and that this was my last chance to come clean on it and admit responsibility on the accident before they sued me. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about and told him to talk to Farmers if that's what he felt was the case. Nothing came of it, but it's sad that they try and resort to scare tactics to avoid making payments on claims. This was a small accident in $ amount too, like 500-700 a car.

slickdawg
8/10/2006, 09:44 AM
I've never had problems with them in 10 years, but then again I've never had to file a claim. I'm sure that's jinxed now.

Thanks Norm, I'll sign up with them, and have your luck.

:les: PUT THE POLICY IN THE BOY'S NAME!!!!!!

;)

Tear Down This Wall
8/10/2006, 10:06 AM
Dear slickdawg,
Farmer is the company that lost a major lawsuit regarding mold in 2001, then pulled out of Texas like a bunch of sissies. They're trying to come back to Texas and make nice. I don't trust them.

When it comes to captured insurance agencies, Farmers is no different than State Farm or Allstate. The only difference is that Farmers is the only one I've ever known to go to court against its own insured in something other than a fraud or arson case.

My suggestion to everybody buying insurance is to seek out an independent agent. They have more companies to chose. A captured agency can only sell their product (Farmers, State Farm, Allstate).

This link allows you find a Trusted Choice independent near you: http://www.iiaba.net/TrustedChoice/FAA_Search.asp

Have at it. At the very least, you can compare what the captured are giving you.

slickdawg
8/10/2006, 01:39 PM
Dear slickdawg,
Farmer is the company that lost a major lawsuit regarding mold in 2001, then pulled out of Texas like a bunch of sissies. They're trying to come back to Texas and make nice. I don't trust them.

When it comes to captured insurance agencies, Farmers is no different than State Farm or Allstate. The only difference is that Farmers is the only one I've ever known to go to court against its own insured in something other than a fraud or arson case.

My suggestion to everybody buying insurance is to seek out an independent agent. They have more companies to chose. A captured agency can only sell their product (Farmers, State Farm, Allstate).

This link allows you find a Trusted Choice independent near you: http://www.iiaba.net/TrustedChoice/FAA_Search.asp

Have at it. At the very least, you can compare what the captured are giving you.

Whoa! thanks for the heads up on that. :eek: