PDA

View Full Version : Stoops to NFL?

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 01:54 PM
Just a question to you Sooner fans who know him best... There was an article in the Tulsa World by Matt Barnard implying that the recent events faced by Stoops could push him towards the NFL faster than planned...

He says Stoops has stated he couldnt see leaving OU in the forseeable future, but has candidly discussed the possiblity of going to the NFL someday...

Just curious as to what you guys think, since yall know him best?

Blues1
8/9/2006, 01:55 PM
Stop Thinkin' - Start Drinkin'

We will see you in the future - !!!

Still R'

sooneron
8/9/2006, 01:57 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75075

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 01:58 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75075

Thank you, sorry... please ignore !!!!!

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 01:58 PM
Just a question to you Sooner fans who know him best... There was an article in the Tulsa World by Matt Barnard implying that the recent events faced by Stoops could push him towards the NFL faster than planned...

He says Stoops has stated he couldnt see leaving OU in the forseeable future, but has candidly discussed the possiblity of going to the NFL someday...

Just curious as to what you guys think, since yall know him best?
i honestly don't see him moving to the nfl any time soon unless this whole situation(y'all know what i'm talking about) completely blows out of proportion. i think he could be at OU for at least another ten years. i don't ever read the Tulsa World, so i haven't seen any other articles from this guy, but i think his logic is just kind of stupid.

sooneron
8/9/2006, 02:00 PM
Thank you, sorry... please ignore !!!!!
No worries, it's the first time. Next time you get this...

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5103/searchbuttonir1.jpg

sooneron
8/9/2006, 02:01 PM
i honestly don't see him moving to the nfl any time soon unless this whole situation(y'all know what i'm talking about) completely blows out of proportion. i think he could be at OU for at least another ten years. i don't ever read the Tulsa World, so i haven't seen any other articles from this guy, but i think his logic is just kind of stupid.
Yeah, the nfl isn't exactly headache-free.

fadada1
8/9/2006, 02:05 PM
this............ AGAIN???????????

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah, the nfl isn't exactly headache-free.
i think stoops has it pretty good. i wouldn't leave if i were him. i'm not sure i want him as long as psu's had paterno though. i don't want him to be here when he's old and senile

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:07 PM
I apologized for the duplicate thread...

4everasooner
8/9/2006, 02:07 PM
no one is shooting out the dorm windows: yet.

sooneron
8/9/2006, 02:11 PM
I apologized for the duplicate thread...
Don't worry about it. Just do your best to make this the bestest thread evar! That way no one will remember the original thread.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:13 PM
I think ill just let this thread go, i think ive made enough of a splash for one day...lol

Rhino
8/9/2006, 02:18 PM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6434/108803pv1.gif

Blues1
8/9/2006, 02:19 PM
I think ill just let this thread go, i think ive made enough of a splash for one day...lol

You have a beautiful college town a great stadium and great tradition -- Don't lets us run you off -- take it with a grain of salt and Keep Rockin'

PS-- Not sure about your Coach...??? - :)

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:20 PM
I was just talking about this thread... I wasnt going anywhere.. There is another one just like it... So i was gonna let it die...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:20 PM
i've gotta give you credit for the number of posts you're churning out. dang

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:22 PM
Well hell, what was i supposed to do, i had a pack of frikkin piranhas to fend off for about 4 hours... I had to do something! lol... In all seriousness, I just love college football, and can talk about it forever... So i post quite a bit...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:23 PM
guys, i don't wanna go to work. i wanna stay here and talk about football. this sucks:(

fadada1
8/9/2006, 02:24 PM
I just love college football...
too bad you're a tennessee fan;)

GO GATORS!!!!:D

sorry dude, it's my other alma mater.

Fraggle145
8/9/2006, 02:28 PM
Its Great to be a Georgia Bulldawg!.... well they are my 2nd team anyway(my other alma mater also). Fire the "Great Pumpkin." Gators most overrated team forever and always, at least till Chris Leak is gone.

Boomer.

fadada1
8/9/2006, 02:30 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

i like UF and all (and still give them a little $$$), but my heart will always be with OU.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:32 PM
Its Great to be a Georgia Bulldawg!.... well they are my 2nd team anyway(my other alma mater also). Fire the "Great Pumpkin." Gators most overrated team forever and always, at least till Chris Leak is gone.

Boomer.

Thats funny coming from a UGA fan, seeing how Florida has OWNED UGA for about the same amount of time OU has OWNED Texas...

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:34 PM
And BTW, 2 of my greatest football experience came @ UGA and @ FLA... 2004 @ UGA, STUNNER! 2005 @ FLA, we lost, but my first trip to the Swamp, and man, that place is freakin AMAZING.

fadada1
8/9/2006, 02:43 PM
2005 @ FLA, we lost, but my first trip to the Swamp, and man, that place is freakin AMAZING.
games at the swamp ARE great, but it's not like everyone thinks. the fsu and tenn games are great. but the loudest HOME OU game i've been to was colorado in 1991. OU/texas games are crazy.

wasn't at the nebraska game in 2000 and heard that was amazing.

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:47 PM
games at the swamp ARE great, but it's not like everyone thinks. the fsu and tenn games are great. but the loudest HOME OU game i've been to was colorado in 1991. OU/texas games are crazy.

wasn't at the nebraska game in 2000 and heard that was amazing.
i was at nu 2000, it was awesome. another great home game was osu 2003. they were #14, we were #1 and we smashed them hard. the loudest part of the game had to be when they were at like our 1 yard line and ran the ball four straight times and never got in. they place exploded

Fraggle145
8/9/2006, 03:19 PM
The game we played on the way to the NC against Nebraska was the best game that I have ever seen in person. We got there 2 hrs ahead of time to get seats in the student section... when the game was over I was on the field just jubilant as ever eating an orange someone had thrown and carrying goalposts. Following the game the house party on Lindsey was just insane, I saw a guy do a "dukes of hazzard" slide over the hood of some other guys classic corvette... the dude inside the car just gave him a high five. the next time the light went red it was a cop car and he did it again! no jail! that was a great day....

as for UF owning UGA... I'll pull out the Hook em argument and say look at the series record it is ridiculously in UGA's favor, besides I think Auburn is more of a Rival for UGA anyway. Longest continuously running rivalry in the south. And it helps that they have appeared in 3 of the last 4 SEC title games and won 2 of them... especially last year... SEC champs. eat that fat phil with your losing record.