PDA

View Full Version : Major tailgate announcement ANNOUNCED!!

Phil
8/9/2006, 12:29 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/tailgate/2006tailgate.html

Discuss.

JohnnyMack
8/9/2006, 12:32 PM
1tc is ssoooo gonna pee on the building.

Phil
8/9/2006, 12:38 PM
Not even.

soonerboy_odanorth
8/9/2006, 12:44 PM
WHAT!!!???!??

NO ELK CHILI!?!!?

NO ELK SLOPPY JOES!?!?!?

NO ELK JERKEY!?!?!?!?!?

Somebody is going to have to answer for this!

DEAN!?!?

sooneron
8/9/2006, 04:14 PM
What happened to the other thread?? I already discussed and mentioned that I would grace one and all with my presence this season! And yet you so blthely threw it away!!! YOU THREW IT AWAY!!!!

ok, i feel better now

jonpon
8/9/2006, 05:14 PM
After three years in Pride I will finally get to tailgate this year...Will def. be stopping by to get to know you guys and throw in a donation....

CrimsonChampion
8/9/2006, 06:56 PM
I usually get to goto about 3 or 4 home games a season, so on one of those that I don't have tickets I may have to show up with some Oklahoma City made SCHWAB'S BRICK CHILI.

I'll be sure and bring some cash for parking or whatever, if it's available. I would like to meet some of you soonerfans fellers, would be nice to talk Sooner football with yall in person for once.

Oh yea, if you guys accept whiskey and beer I'm your guy!

C&CDean
8/10/2006, 08:40 AM
WHAT!!!???!??

NO ELK CHILI!?!!?

NO ELK SLOPPY JOES!?!?!?

NO ELK JERKEY!?!?!?!?!?

Somebody is going to have to answer for this!

DEAN!?!?

Are you ****in' kidding me? Of course we'll have the above at one tailgate later in the year (when it's cool enough to eat hot chili).

boomrsoonr
8/12/2006, 07:15 PM
....we'll have the above at one tailgate later in the year (when it's cool enough to eat hot chili).

Not to mention killing the elk. ;)

boomrsoonr
8/12/2006, 07:22 PM
On a personal note, I've never had the honor of participating at one of the tailgates. The only game I've been to in recent history was the Missouri game a few years ago. My wife was able to get tickets, but one of her sources wanted to go. So, since I was a native, and had been to a game way back in 1981, I let the wife, kids,(they're from South Dakota and had never been to a big league college football game before) and her friend go and I stayed in the Jeep and listened to the game on the radio. :(

I'm thinking finances will allow us to attend at least one home game this year. So, all this leads to a question....... do you all go to the game after the tailgate, or stay there and watch it on TV?

Anyways, I'm hoping to attend and meet some of you at least once this year!!!

Sooner24
8/13/2006, 12:27 AM
On a personal note, I've never had the honor of participating at one of the tailgates. The only game I've been to in recent history was the Missouri game a few years ago. My wife was able to get tickets, but one of her sources wanted to go. So, since I was a native, and had been to a game way back in 1981, I let the wife, kids,(they're from South Dakota and had never been to a big league college football game before) and her friend go and I stayed in the Jeep and listened to the game on the radio. :(

I'm thinking finances will allow us to attend at least one home game this year. So, all this leads to a question....... do you all go to the game after the tailgate, or stay there and watch it on TV?

Anyways, I'm hoping to attend and meet some of you at least once this year!!!

Most everyone goes to the game. Usually Mrs C&C Dean and Mrs HMFIC stay behind to keep an eye on things.

Phil
8/13/2006, 12:44 AM
Mrs. HMFIC will be making limited appearances this season, and likely won't be staying during the games, for reasons that will become clear at the opener.

SicEmBaylor
8/13/2006, 12:45 AM
What are the issues involved in arranging tailgates at away games?
Do you typically just show up and find a spot, or do you try to local and procure a spot well in advance?

AZSOONER
8/14/2006, 09:40 PM
I will be there for the washington game. My father in-law is a huskie fan his whole life and this is a great opportunity for him to experience Sooner hospitality. I've told him he can wear his jersey, but he's not sure he wants to. I told him "hell, you'll probably be offered more beers than me if you wear it" I've only been able to make it to a handfull of games, and everytime the fans never cease to impress me. See y'all soon.

jk the sooner fan
8/15/2006, 11:33 AM
reasons that will become clear at the opener

sounds like the HFMIC is about to be a daddy

IB4OU2
8/15/2006, 11:44 AM

Does Mrs. HMFIC know about this? :eek:............ ;)

Phil
8/15/2006, 12:24 PM

I am not about to be a daddy, and Mrs. HMFIC is not pregnant.

jk the sooner fan
8/15/2006, 12:52 PM
ok, well then i dont know, sorry if that assumption caused you any grief!

C&CDean
8/15/2006, 07:09 PM
I will be there for the washington game. My father in-law is a huskie fan his whole life and this is a great opportunity for him to experience Sooner hospitality. I've told him he can wear his jersey, but he's not sure he wants to. I told him "hell, you'll probably be offered more beers than me if you wear it" I've only been able to make it to a handfull of games, and everytime the fans never cease to impress me. See y'all soon.

Dude,

Carry his Husky *** right on over and he'll be treated like we treat all visitors to our great state. Like royalty.

Of course the royal treatment ceases for about 3 hours on Saturday, then back at it. Seriously, opposing team fans should feel very, very welcome at our tailgates.

boomrsoonr
8/16/2006, 02:44 PM
Seriously, opposing team fans should feel very, very welcome at our tailgates.

Unless they're wearing orange, right?

tru2ou
8/17/2006, 10:52 AM
I am not about to be a daddy, and Mrs. HMFIC is not pregnant.

You lawyers crack me up with the way you word things...:D

- Tru

Phil
8/17/2006, 05:02 PM
You lawyers crack me up with the way you word things...:D

- Tru

You hush.

CrimsonHelmet
8/18/2006, 12:34 PM
Holy Smokes, Keith Walker owns that house??

Keith Walker of Ardmore???

Wow.

CrimsonChampion
8/18/2006, 03:32 PM
Dude,

Carry his Husky *** right on over and he'll be treated like we treat all visitors to our great state. Like royalty.

Of course the royal treatment ceases for about 3 hours on Saturday, then back at it. Seriously, opposing team fans should feel very, very welcome at our tailgates.
That's one of the many things that make me so proud of our program and fans. I do, however, think we should maybe show a little hostility to the 'canes considering the way they treated our great fans back in the 80s. They threw anything and everything on our people, so I think we should pelt their fans with nurf footballs, then hang a half a hundred on them, then pelt them with nurf footballs again. :pop:

BigDeezy
8/21/2006, 10:59 PM
Count me in! Looking forward to it!

Big Deezy

dmac142
8/24/2006, 04:33 PM
I'm mad about this new location....Not because I don't like it, but because I'm no longer in Norman. I lived four houses north of there on Jenkins! Dang real world.

proud gonzo
8/24/2006, 06:22 PM
now Phil's making me wonder...

clambe00
8/28/2006, 11:26 AM
thats cool

clambe00
8/28/2006, 11:26 AM
wow

nativesooner
8/28/2006, 11:02 PM
How early can we get there? I'm ready now! :eek:

C&CDean
8/30/2006, 10:35 AM
I'll be there by 10 or so.

sundance
8/31/2006, 01:38 PM
To anyone coming to Eugene,:)
There is a show happenning right next to Autzen Stadiom on the night before the game Sept 15. This is Alan Parsons with 36 members of the Eugene Symphony and Larry Baird, the conductor who did the Moody blues orchestral shows. The venue is an outside amplitheater, link is here
http://www.thecuthbert.com/ to the venue and ticketing. Looking forward to any OK fans who wish to attend, this is a once and only appearance for Alan Parsons with an orchestra!!! Thanks sundance

picasso
9/1/2006, 10:56 PM
Norm is pregnant?

and we'll be there 2ish.:)

jk the sooner fan
9/3/2006, 10:42 AM

haha, i was right!

congrats to both of you!

picasso
9/3/2006, 08:39 PM
best Soonerfans tailgate I've ever been to! Even better than the Houston game when Phil and his old man put the pig in the ground.;)
Nice seeing everyone. was cool.

oh yeah, and Dean p***ed himself.:D

StoopTroup
9/4/2006, 11:42 PM
heh.