PDA

View Full Version : Luck of the Boy

Norm In Norman
8/9/2006, 08:02 AM
Last night was Bunko night at our house, so of course the boy and I wanted to get as far away from that as possible. We decided to go get some grub and then catch a movie at the dollar show in lieu of watching a bunch of women play some stupid game. Over the Hedge was supposed to start at 7:05 and the boy was excited to get to see it again.

Well, I don't normally go to the dollar movie so I assumed no-one else did either. So I wasn't too worried about when we got there. WRONG. We pull up to the movie theater about 6:55 and the line is halfway down the block. I figure I had better go ahead and stand in line even though everything in my being told me we should go somewhere else. So I tell myself it's just a dollar and who cares if he misses the first of it because of waiting in line since he's already seen it anyway. So we made it as far as the line. Score 1 for the boy.

We are standing in line behind about 50 or 60 other people and we start getting hit by the random large raindrop. At this time it's about 7:05 - time for the movie. I'm thinking "It's about to start pouring. I'm not waiting in this frickin' line. We're already going to be late anyway..." About that time, this dude walks up to me and asks if I'm going to see over the hedge.. I tell him yes and he pulls out this stack of probably 50 tickets and says "I've got all these tickets and it appears like there is going to be a lot of no shows. Have some free tickets. Enjoy." So I take the tickets, thank the guy, and go inside. We didn't even have to stand in line and made it in right before a downpour. I didn't haul our asses somewhere else. Score #2 for The Boy.

So we get inside about 7:07. The boy wanted a snack but I was afraid we were going to miss the movie so I told him no. We sat there for a couple of minutes and I was wondering why the movie hadn't started. I looked at the ticket and - the movie doesn't start until 7:15. So we go ahead and get some popcorn and a soda. We happened to hit the right pocket so we were next in line at the concessions. We walk back in and there are still some good seats available. The movie started at about 7:20, so we didn't miss any of it and the boy got his snack. Score another one for The Boy.

We watched the movie. It was pretty good, I guess. Afterwards we headed to Wal-Mart because we still had some time before the Bunko chicks cleared out of our house. We went to spend the gift card that Boarder cursed the boy with for his birthday. While there, I saw this "Pyrates" thing marked 25% off. It matches this ship he already has, so I figured he was getting that no matter what. He wanted this big assed loud robot though. Both were $15 bucks. So of course, he got both and I picked up the extra 10 spot. The Boy scores again with 2 gifts instead of one.

He looks a lot like me, but he doesn't have my luck.

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 08:10 AM
Heh, I remember Bunko nights . . . luckily my wife only had one or two of them at our place.

Norm In Norman
8/9/2006, 08:23 AM
This is the first at our house. Every time it's at my buddies house, he and his kids come over to my house. Well, this time it was at my house and he was out of town so I had nowhere to go. Bastard.

And my wife explained bunko to me. It's stupid. Why do chicks like that crap?

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 08:25 AM
Because they're chicks.

OU4LIFE
8/9/2006, 08:33 AM
We had one at our house a week ago.

It just sort of looked like an excuse to sit around and gossip...and drink.....and be loud.

It's basically college football saturday for chicks. :D

I just went in the other room and played online poker.

OU4LIFE
8/9/2006, 08:33 AM
oh, and thank GOD the boy doesn't have your luck, it must skip a generation...too bad for his kids.

colleyvillesooner
8/9/2006, 08:36 AM
We had one at our house a week ago.

It just sort of looked like an excuse to sit around and gossip...and drink.....and be loud.

It's basically college football saturday for chicks. :D

I went on and on about my hole in one and then went in the other room and played online poker.

:D

OU4LIFE
8/9/2006, 09:06 AM
actually this happened the wednesday BEFORE my hole-in-one....or you would have been correct. :D

thanks for bringing it up here though.

colleyvillesooner
8/9/2006, 09:11 AM
always willing to help :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/9/2006, 09:26 AM
I love that boy.

slickdawg
8/9/2006, 09:30 AM
Wow, amazing that your DNA didn't transfer the luck. :D

OU4LIFE
8/9/2006, 09:31 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

Boarder
8/9/2006, 12:45 PM
You should have named him Steven. Even Steven. He evens out the luck of the Norm.

BudSooner
8/9/2006, 01:26 PM
Walmart card cursed, heh....but they do have some amazing tater salad in the deli. it's like I mean....c r a c k.

Viking Kitten
8/9/2006, 01:56 PM
Any kid who receives a Dark Stranger ringer tee for his birthday cannot be considered unlucky.

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 02:06 PM
I'll bet Norm could use the boy to pick up chicks.

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 02:11 PM
or to hit a hole in one

proud gonzo
8/9/2006, 02:12 PM
wtf is bunko?

Fugue
8/9/2006, 02:14 PM
wtf is bunko?

f'n Kansan.....oh wait

SicEmBaylor
8/9/2006, 02:15 PM
What is Bunko?
Is this some sort of lingerie pillow fight game?

proud gonzo
8/9/2006, 02:16 PM
f'n Kansan.....oh wait

HEHe

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/9/2006, 02:27 PM
What is Bunko?
Is this some sort of lingerie pillow fight game?

I don't know how things are at Baylor, but in these parts something like that will not make the men in the family run to Wal-Mart.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/9/2006, 02:32 PM
What is Bunko?
Is this some sort of lingerie pillow fight game?Bunco's a dice game. It's fun, but I'd rather play poker with the boys.

Mjcpr
8/9/2006, 02:33 PM
Bunco's a dice game. It's fun, but I'd rather play poke her with the boys.

Hussy!

Boarder
8/9/2006, 03:38 PM
Hussy!
Well, she does have short hair...

slickdawg
8/9/2006, 03:41 PM
Bunco's a dice game. It's fun, but I'd rather play poker with the boys.

that's why we love you sbsb! :D

Norm In Norman
8/9/2006, 10:39 PM
wtf is bunko?
It's the most absolutest bestest favoritist chick game in the whole wide world of sports.

RacerX
8/9/2006, 10:42 PM
Google it sometime. SCARY

proud gonzo
8/9/2006, 10:42 PM
It's the most absolutest bestest favoritist chick game in the whole wide world of sports.
which translates to "something I'd think is absolutely retarded." gotcha.

RacerX
8/9/2006, 10:45 PM
http://www.e-bunco.com/images/teeshirt_small.gif

RacerX
8/9/2006, 10:46 PM
http://www.e-bunco.com/images/cookbook.gif

RacerX
8/9/2006, 10:46 PM
http://www.e-bunco.com/images/doormat_small.gif

RacerX
8/9/2006, 10:48 PM
for lid -

http://www.bunco.com/ProductImages/010083B-2.jpg
http://www.bunco.com/ProductImages/010115b.jpg

Norm In Norman
8/9/2006, 10:54 PM
You're a chick, so it's unavoidable. You love it. Sorry, but some things just can't be helped.

proud gonzo
8/9/2006, 10:55 PM
...do the dice have retractable poison spikes? :D

Norm In Norman
8/9/2006, 10:57 PM
No, but you get to win things like chocolate and stuff. And the loser is usually the biggest winner somehow.

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/9/2006, 11:18 PM
They play it at the barnes and noble over by the toy shop sometimes. be careful in the parking lot around game time because those silverhairs drive like maniacs. They take over that whole starbucks island in the middle of the store.

Sounds like a flock of seagulls descending upon the city dump.

8/9/2006, 11:39 PM
I have to host "Bunko Orphans Night Out" every 6 months. But I think her crowd has started to lose interest.

I guess enough loud bitching from husbands will solve THAT little problem!

proud gonzo
8/10/2006, 12:58 AM
They play it at the barnes and noble over by the toy shop sometimes. be careful in the parking lot around game time because those silverhairs drive like maniacs. They take over that whole starbucks island in the middle of the store.

Sounds like a flock of seagulls descending upon the city dump.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/images/stories/exposed/WildSideX/Nice%20Hairdo%20Flock%20of%20Seagulls%20-NuProphet%20%201985.jpg

Frozen Sooner
8/10/2006, 01:12 AM
I walk along the avenue..

RacerX
8/10/2006, 06:08 AM
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/%7Ersa/flock.of.seagulls.jpg

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/10/2006, 08:57 AM

Come sit by me and we'll observe this odd female behavior - you know, for science.

And then we'll drink beer and watch football.

:meat:

OU4LIFE
8/10/2006, 08:58 AM
:les:stalker!