PDA

View Full Version : Sooners 2006

soonerfan_4
8/8/2006, 09:07 PM
I was just wondering how the Sooner fans feel we will do this season.

I believe we will have a GREAT season.

Im not worried about the QB situation I believe Paul Thompson will do excellent, and he will be a great leader on offense. As far as are defense we will have an AWSOMe year.

shavedmarmoset
8/8/2006, 09:16 PM
9-3 with Bomar out of the picture, but our defense will keep us in every game we play.

Blues1
8/8/2006, 09:20 PM
Welcome to Board....Everyone has their first post Sometime.....This year can be One of the Greatest of All time - or - it could be (I don't want to say)

All I know is we won't give up --- Hopefully we are gonna PROVE to the football nation "There is Only One Oklahoma Sooners"

Keep Rockin'
BOOMER SOONER...!!!

FaninAma
8/8/2006, 09:25 PM
9-3 with Bomar out of the picture, but our defense will keep us in every game we play.

9-3 at worst barring numerous injuries.
10-2 if Thompson improves his passing accuracy and ability to read defenses.
11-1 if Wilson exceeds expectations on gameplanning for UO and UT.
12-0 If our defense is better than expected and Mack Brown resumes curling up in a fetal position when he faces Stoops.

soonerfan_4
8/8/2006, 09:41 PM
Well when your a DIE-HARD SONNER FAN your always going to expect the best.

I know this sound very stupid but even during the Gibbs, Snelly, and Blake era"s
I always expect the best. The good Lord blessed us with Stoops and I beleive he will make it great. I think Bomar was just bad news from the getgo. They never let PT have a chance in the TCU game. And he will make it right this year.
I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/8/2006, 09:56 PM
you know, i would have bet a mint our noob was a troll.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/8/2006, 09:59 PM
Anywhere from 7-5 to 10-2.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 10:07 PM
My Prediction: 10-2, Big XII Champions, and Fiesta Bowl Berth.

i think toss-ups have to be Oregon, Hook 'em , Texas A&M, and Okie Lite(as it always is in Stoolwater:( ) i believe for sure that we will pull at least two wins out of this group. i do believe we beat Hook 'em, but may lose elsewhere in conference. basically, i think we go 7-1 in conference and beat Hook 'em so that one conference loss will still have us at the top of the south. i feel really nervous about the Oregon game though. i think this is one of our two potential losses. i'll believe the CCG is a toss-up whenever the north acts like it wants to compete in this conference. i'm not even going to try to make a prediction on whether or not we win our bowl game because with the new bcs system, there's no telling who we'll play.

Soonerus
8/8/2006, 10:09 PM
12-1

proudsoonergal
8/8/2006, 10:27 PM
14-0. Why not? We haven't lost any games yet! :)

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 10:28 PM
14-0. Why not? We haven't lost any games yet! :)
you're quite the optimist:D

proudsoonergal
8/8/2006, 10:33 PM
It was learned during the 1990s, I think. Even after every loss, I would calculate how (theoretically, of course) we could still win the conference. Of course, in my junior and senior years, we were eliminated from the Big XII pretty early on. :)

proudsoonergal
8/8/2006, 10:36 PM
Seriously, though, we can play with every team on our schedule - even the tougher games. Things have to go in our favor to win, but isn't that true for almost every game for any other national contender?

Plus, I'm a lot more fun to be around when OU wins a game. People scatter after an OU loss.....if I wasn't so morose I would be greatly amused.

SOONER44EVER
8/8/2006, 10:43 PM
I think we can do very well depending on the playcalling. If we try the same things with the QB this year that we did last year it could be a long season. I think (hope) the new OC recognizes we have a mobile QB. Option, QB Draw and Bootleg are words I hope I hear a lot this season.

proudsoonergal
8/8/2006, 10:47 PM
I hope I hear "TOUCHDOWN SOONERS" quite a bit, too. :)

JohnnyMack
8/8/2006, 10:53 PM
Sooners 235
Ditka 2

sooneriniowa
8/8/2006, 10:56 PM
Sooners 06 = Baltimore Ravens 2000???
Toughest Defense in the Nation
RB is heavily relied upon to carry the Offense.
QB is asked to throw often enough to open up the lanes,
but "DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER"

soonerfan_4
8/8/2006, 11:10 PM
DEFENSE will get-r-done.

PAUL THOMPSON will be the best thing since sliced bread.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 11:31 PM
DEFENSE will get-r-done.

PAUL THOMPSON will be the best thing since sliced bread.
dude, that's hard to beat