PDA

View Full Version : "Faux News" says Leiberman losing

Jerk
8/8/2006, 08:10 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

The moonbats really are in charge now.

They'll never win a national election if they keep going in this direction.

They're going further left than Hugo Chavez and Jane Fonda.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 08:15 PM
Yep, you are right, but now watch McCain and Guillani get steamrolled by the Republicans :P

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2006, 09:01 PM
Yep, you are right, but now watch McCain and Guillani get steamrolled by the Republicans :P

Correct.

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2006, 09:06 PM
i think hardliners from both parties are really afraid of moderates, they dont know how to handle the situation....i would guess they feel they need to distance themselves from the center simply so they arent confused/accused of looking like the other side

tbl
8/8/2006, 09:39 PM
It looks like Cynthia McKinney is losing her runoff for the primaries as well. I hope like crazy that she loses....

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2006, 09:41 PM
She's losing by 16 pts. I'd say it definitely looks that way. ;)

King Crimson
8/8/2006, 09:50 PM
i think it's pretty interesting to see *state local populations* vote not for the establishment appointed candidate but another candidate.

that might even be called democracy. or at least attention to one's own matters and not the TV star system of pols and talking heads.

GrapevineSooner
8/8/2006, 10:45 PM
She's losing by 16 pts. I'd say it definitely looks that way. ;)

At least some sanity reigns in the Democratic Party.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 10:54 PM
The most awesome thing about the McKinney thing is that she can't say "it is because I am black.." Guess what...you got beat by a black guy!!! And you know damm well if some white guy beat her..Jesse Jackson would be up in arms!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/8/2006, 11:11 PM
Lieberman will win the Senate seat again come Nov. I think the Repubs in CT will vote for him, knowing the Repub. candidate won't win.

Vaevictis
8/9/2006, 12:29 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

The guy flips the bird at his party (by threatening to run as an independent if he's not nominated) and you're suprised that his party flips him the bird back?

He wins this if he doesn't threaten to run as an independent and he makes the comments about the emergency contraception issue with a little more tact.

Jeopardude
8/9/2006, 01:07 AM
Wow!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!

They'll never win a national election if they keep going in this direction.

They're going further left than Hugo Chavez and Jane Fonda.

But Lieberman said Lamont was too right wing for the Democratic nomination. So Connecticut is moving to the center per Lieberman. So all you right wingers rejoice that you're getting one closer to your side of the aisle.

GrapevineSooner
8/9/2006, 01:13 AM
His party had been flipping him the bird for awhile just for having the audacity to support the end goal of the Iraq War.

Well as Lanny Davis points out (http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008763)...

I came to believe that we liberals couldn't possibly be so intolerant and hateful, because our ideology was famous for ACLU-type commitments to free speech, dissent and, especially, tolerance for those who differed with us. And in recent years--with the deadly combination of sanctimony and vitriol displayed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Michael Savage--I held on to the view that the left was inherently more tolerant and less hateful than the right.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/images/storyend_dingbat.gif

Now, in the closing days of the Lieberman primary campaign, I have reluctantly concluded that I was wrong. The far right does not have a monopoly on bigotry and hatred and sanctimony. Here are just a few examples (there are many, many more anyone with a search engine can find) of the type of thing the liberal blog sites have been posting about Joe Lieberman:

• "Ned Lamont and his supporters need to [g]et real busy. Ned needs to beat Lieberman to a pulp in the debate and define what it means to be an AMerican who is NOT beholden to the Israeli Lobby" (by "rim," posted on Huffington Post, July 6, 2006).
• "Joe's on the Senate floor now and he's growing a beard. He has about a weeks growth on his face. . . . I hope he dyes his beard Blood red. It would be so appropriate" (by "ctkeith," posted on Daily Kos, July 11 and 12, 2005).

• On "Lieberman vs. Murtha": "as everybody knows, jews ONLY care about the welfare of other jews; thanks ever so much for reminding everyone of this most salient fact, so that we might better ignore all that jewish propaganda [by Lieberman] about participating in the civil rights movement of the 60s and so on" (by "tomjones," posted on Daily Kos, Dec. 7, 2005).

• "Good men, Daniel Webster and Faust would attest, sell their souls to the Devil. Is selling your soul to a god any worse? Leiberman cannot escape the religious bond he represents. Hell, his wife's name is Haggadah or Muffeletta or Diaspora or something you eat at Passover" (by "gerrylong," posted on the Huffington Post, July 8, 2006).

• "Joe Lieberman is a racist and a religious bigot" (by "greenskeeper," posted on Daily Kos, Dec. 7, 2005).

And these are some of the nicer examples.

Not to mention, a blogger over at the HuffPo (who used to work on several projects with Ned Lamont) decided to photoshop blackface onto a photo of Lieberman standing with President Bush.

He wins if he doesn't threaten to run as an independent? No, he wins if he tows the Kossack/Hatrios/HuffPo liberal party line of "the War in Iraq is bad."

Vaevictis
8/9/2006, 01:44 AM
His party had been flipping him the bird for awhile just for having the audacity to support the end goal of the Iraq War.

Meh, when has a bunch of random dudes on the internet constitute a whole political party flipping the bird at someone? Many major Dems came out and supported Lieberman. The party tried to convince Lamont not to run. The party supported him.

The voters didn't. Why?

He wins if he doesn't threaten to run as an independent? No, he wins if he tows the Kossack/Hatrios/HuffPo liberal party line of "the War in Iraq is bad."

That's true, but only because without that issue, Lamont has no issue to run on. Lieberman lost by less than 4%. He wins if he doesn't flip his base the bird. And his campaign screw-ups in the last few weeks didn't help either.

Lamont got in the race with the Iraq issue; Lieberman lost it by his own actions during the campaign.

swardboy
8/9/2006, 06:20 AM
The most awesome thing about the McKinney thing is that she can't say "it is because I am black.." Guess what...you got beat by a black guy!!! And you know damm well if some white guy beat her..Jesse Jackson would be up in arms!

But he'll prolly be labeled, "Uncle Tom"

Scott D
8/9/2006, 11:55 AM
The guy flips the bird at his party (by threatening to run as an independent if he's not nominated) and you're suprised that his party flips him the bird back?

He wins this if he doesn't threaten to run as an independent and he makes the comments about the emergency contraception issue with a little more tact.

actually Lieberman has been getting flipped the bird by his own party...even to the extent that Tuba's favorite moveon.org threw everything they had into supporting his opponent. Including running ads for the last few weeks that ended with a State of the Union address by Bush where at the end I guess Bush kissed Lieberman on the cheek (so the news source said) and freeze framing it there. Clearly an agenda of showing that Lieberman is too close to the Administration, therefore cannot be trusted by liberals.

I'm completely for him running as an independant. I really wish more moderates would do that or form a legitimate 3rd party.

sooneron
8/9/2006, 12:18 PM
actually Lieberman has been getting flipped the bird by his own party...even to the extent that Tuba's favorite moveon.org threw everything they had into supporting his opponent. Including running ads for the last few weeks that ended with a State of the Union address by Bush where at the end I guess Bush kissed Lieberman on the cheek (so the news source said) and freeze framing it there. Clearly an agenda of showing that Lieberman is too close to the Administration, therefore cannot be trusted by liberals.

I'm completely for him running as an independant. I really wish more moderates would do that or form a legitimate 3rd party.
Yep! same here. I think what he said this am had merit. He's tired of partisanship getting in the way of getting things done. He stated he's in DC for his constituents and the country, not the DNP. That is something that could polarize a lot of voters in Conn to swing his way. The whole Rep primary was of little note. I think Lieberman could get about 20% of the GOP vote in the general election along with disenfranchised Dems that are tired of the Dean/Hillary rhetoric.

jk the sooner fan
8/9/2006, 12:22 PM
if this independent bid for his senate seat fails, any chance at a presidential run is DOOMED

personally i think he'd be better off fading back a bit and waiting for a run next year

OklahomaTuba
8/9/2006, 12:26 PM
I think it tells a lot that the first thing LaNut does after beating Leiberman is call to cut and run from Iraq.

jk the sooner fan
8/9/2006, 12:28 PM
I think it tells a lot that the first thing LaNut does after beating Leiberman is call to cut and run from Iraq.

mark my words, that will be a major plank in the democratic presidential nominee's platform

King Crimson
8/9/2006, 12:32 PM
"cut and run"...that's what tells alot.

OklahomaTuba
8/9/2006, 12:36 PM
mark my words, that will be a major plank in the democratic presidential nominee's platform

And this why Hillary has no chance at being the democratic nominee, as she is pro-war.

They will have to elect someone from the howard dean/micheal moore extreamist wing, cause thats who owns the dims now.

That is why Rudy MUST be the GOP nominee. It will be 1972 all over again for the dims if that happens.

OklahomaTuba
8/9/2006, 12:38 PM
"cut and run"...that's what tells alot.

Oh sorry, I forgot.

It's actually re-deploy......... to VICTORY!

http://blamebush.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/johnkerry.jpg

Fugue
8/9/2006, 12:45 PM
And this why Hillary has no chance at being the democratic nominee, as she is pro-war.

They will have to elect someone from the howard dean/micheal moore extreamist wing, cause thats who owns the dims now.

That is why Rudy MUST be the GOP nominee. It will be 1972 all over again for the dims if that happens.

come election time, Hillary won't be pro-war. She's not stupid and has been watching Connecticut.

King Crimson
8/9/2006, 12:50 PM
Oh sorry, I forgot.

It's actually re-deploy......... to VICTORY!

http://blamebush.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/johnkerry.jpg

as usual, you project your own motives on others and insist that any criticism of the current administration means someone is a democrat.

OklahomaTuba
8/9/2006, 12:51 PM
come election time, Hillary won't be pro-war. She's not stupid and has been watching Connecticut.

Then she will turn into another flip flopper that doesn't have the balls to finish the job that she voted to start, just like Kerry.

At least Kerry had a military background to fall back on to combat some of his spineless liberal rhetoric.

OklahomaTuba
8/9/2006, 12:53 PM
as usual, you project your own motives on others and insist that any criticism of the current administration means someone is a democrat.

Actually, I was just repeating the dims new "strategy" for winning the war, which is to retreat, go home, dig hole in sand, place head in sand, open the but cheeks really wide and hope for the best while fighting the "real" problems like global warming and entitlement spending.

Sorry if I don't cover your neck of the political woods though, but I don't like to look that far to the left.

Jeopardude
8/9/2006, 02:42 PM
mark my words, that (leaving Iraq)will be a major plank in the democratic presidential nominee's platform

But Bush promised we'd be out real soon. That won't be an issue in 08.:rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2006, 02:49 PM
Let's put it this way...No one is going to act in the best interest of our troops...both groups are going to attempt to pander to the most voters. The Republicans will portray the Democrat as Weak and willing to surrender and the Democrats will portray the Republicans as an inept administration incapable of setting and accomplishing goals. The good news is after the election...neither party will do anything they promise!!

JohnnyMack
8/9/2006, 02:55 PM
Actually, I was just repeating the dims new "strategy" for winning the war, which is to retreat, go home, dig hole in sand, place head in sand, open the but cheeks really wide and hope for the best while fighting the "real" problems like global warming and entitlement spending.

Sorry if I don't cover your neck of the political woods though, but I don't like to look that far to the left.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/09/AR2006080900405.html

I find it ironic you keep accusing the left of having its collective head in the sand over Iraq and you fail to note the rising surge of discontent Americans have towards this war.

mdklatt
8/9/2006, 03:45 PM
From a flaming lefty:

The problem for the Democrats is that the anti-Lieberman insurgents go far beyond simply opposing Bush's faulty rationale for the war, his dishonest argumentation for it, and his incompetent execution of it. Many of them appear not to take the wider, global battle against Islamic fanaticism seriously. They see Iraq purely as a symptom of a cynical and politicized right-wing response to Sept. 11, as opposed to a tragic misstep in a bigger conflict. Substantively, this view indicates a fundamental misapprehension of the problem of terrorism. Politically, it points the way to perpetual Democratic defeat.

http://www.slate.com/id/2147395/nav/tap1/

sooner n houston
8/9/2006, 05:18 PM
But Bush promised we'd be out real soon. That won't be an issue in 08.:rolleyes:

I keep hearing this kind of statement from the lib's but no one can ever provide a link to any such statement! Why is that??? :rolleyes: