PDA

View Full Version : Football Board Question...

Soonerus
8/8/2006, 07:26 PM
....What the heck happened to OU Thunder ????????

olevetonahill
8/8/2006, 07:38 PM
....What the heck happened to OU Thunder ????????
He had a HUGE meltdown and got PERMABAINED

Soonerus
8/8/2006, 07:40 PM
WTF, when ????

Geekboy
8/8/2006, 07:57 PM
I heard that he got out of control with some rude comments but when I went and looked back at some of his posts I didn't find anything particularly hideous.

Who knows!

I miss the guy.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 07:58 PM
It was lots of things but his worst deed was when he attacked PG and said some not very nice things about her. She has always seemed rather sweet to me, whether giving me spek or explaining that Iggy is her b'f and not her brother :P

birddog
8/8/2006, 08:02 PM
sometimes you gotta tell it like it is. if you aren't in the special click, you'll get ganged up on. some people on here are untouchable. i guess thunder wasn't one of 'em. i kinda miss the guy myself.

Blue
8/8/2006, 08:04 PM
I thought PG was a dude for about 2 years.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 08:05 PM
one question, who's pg?

birddog
8/8/2006, 08:07 PM
any handle that doesn't contain chick, babe, girl, mom is a dude as far as i know.

C&CDean
8/8/2006, 08:08 PM
1) It's "clique."

2) Much to your dismay birdog, I don't give preferential treatment to members of "the special click."

3) If you're gonna act like an ******* on this board, you'll get banned. Keep pushing the wrong buttons, and eventually you get what you ask for.

4) People "get ganged up on" when they do/say something stupid enough that getting ganged up on is what they deserve. Remember, just like momma said, "if it's you against the world, chances are it's you that is wrong."

5) Thunder didn't "tell it like it is." He went way overboard to insult members of this community. If you're an ***, and you have an *** opinion, it doesn't mean you're "telling it like it is." It means "you're an ***."

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 08:09 PM
There is where he attacked a newly welcomed Bri ;)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1265022#post1265022

birddog
8/8/2006, 08:09 PM
geez fella.

birddog
8/8/2006, 08:10 PM
...it's birddog.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 08:11 PM
PG is Proud Gonzo ;)

OUinFLA
The good part is...........
It could have happened AFTER Deano learned how much damage you can do with a chainsaw.

Geekboy
Maybe one of the mods can come on and explain what was 'the defining moment' that caused the baning.

It does make one wonder. I've asked if I could contact OUThunder somehow on a back channel but haven't received a reply.

He was always good to me even though early on (a couple of years back) during my LSU drunken rant days he was fun to go 'back and forth' with including Soonerus. We've had some knockdown drag outs but I found these guys to be pretty damn decent standup guys once we got past our 'disagreements.'

Geekboy
8/8/2006, 08:13 PM
1) It's "clique."

2) Much to your dismay birdog, I don't give preferential treatment to members of "the special click."

3) If you're gonna act like an ******* on this board, you'll get banned. Keep pushing the wrong buttons, and eventually you get what you ask for.

4) People "get ganged up on" when they do/say something stupid enough that getting ganged up on is what they deserve. Remember, just like momma said, "if it's you against the world, chances are it's you that is wrong."

5) Thunder didn't "tell it like it is." He went way overboard to insult members of this community. If you're an ***, and you have an *** opinion, it doesn't mean you're "telling it like it is." It means "you're an ***."

A mod beat me here.

JohnnyMack

:les:BRING IT ON TOUGH GUY!!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
I liked Thunder too. He was really cool, but you can't maliciously attack people like he did

birddog
8/8/2006, 08:14 PM
does that thread still exist?

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 08:16 PM
the PG thread? It wasn't a thread, it was on the college basketball tournament pick'em Yahoo message board...

Newbomb Turk
8/8/2006, 08:17 PM
I liked Thunder too, but he did go a bit overboard on PG.

C&CDean
8/8/2006, 08:18 PM
:les:BRING IT ON TOUGH GUY!!!!!

pfffft. In your case you don't act like an *******. You are an *******, and just can't help it. What I have for you can only be considered pity......

birddog
ok. so that carries over to this board. i didn't see any of it. i wasn't referring to thunder telling it like it is because i don't know what he said. i was goofin'.

Gandalf_The_Grey
Plus he really had no reason to attack Bri when he first got back...like 98% of us were very happy and he could have just kept his opinions to himself!

birddog
8/8/2006, 08:20 PM
good lord it's time for some f'ball.

birddog
8/8/2006, 08:22 PM
what are the odds of us lining up peterson and patrick in the backfield together? is mexi-q recovering from his injury?

Newbomb Turk
8/8/2006, 08:23 PM
what are the odds of us lining up peterson and patrick in the backfield together? is mexi-q recovering from his injury?

slim.

yes.

birddog
8/8/2006, 08:25 PM
well put turk.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 08:27 PM
http://movies.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/click/images/hm_head.jpg

OKC-SLC
8/8/2006, 09:02 PM
this thread is too cliquey to be straight. we need football season to start in a great way.

certainly.

JohnnyMack
8/8/2006, 09:18 PM
pfffft. In your case you don't act like a big stud. You are a big stud, and just can't help being so hot. What I have for you can only be considered a raging hot lust that can only be satisfied with a bubble bath, some peach wine and the boxed set of Queer Eye.

Uuuuuhhhhhhh, what?

XingTheRubicon
8/8/2006, 09:46 PM
Thunder was a riot. He green spekked me and called me an a-hole on the same thread once.

PG is a very nice poster (most of her work is in the SO) and Thunder went way over the line with his remarks. I was hoping he was joking, but later found out that he was perma-banned for said remarks.

His baning wasn't a kclickque thing at all, it was a stupid thing. I wish he wouldn't have done it. How he got Quimar'd and TJKDone only got a month is God's own private little mystery.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/8/2006, 09:51 PM
the south oval is where good football board posters go to get banned.

Geekboy
8/8/2006, 09:57 PM
Would a petition for Thunder and begging mercy of the court help maybe reinstate him? A poll? Bribes? Gasoline offered at less than $2.00 a gallon?

Soonerus
8/8/2006, 09:59 PM
I liked Thunder but I think the Mods here are very fair. I hate to hear Thunder went over the line...probably because I wasn't around much in the off-season and he went off the deep-end.....

Geekboy
8/8/2006, 10:01 PM
There's no doubt the mods here are fair but reading the thread where he got baned is somewhat troubling. I've read MUCH worse.

Was this maybe a cumulative effect?

olevetonahill
8/8/2006, 10:56 PM
There's no doubt the mods here are fair but reading the thread where he got baned is somewhat troubling. I've read MUCH worse.

Was this maybe a cumulative effect?
Maybe , But he went way over the line. The thread and most of his posts were deleted
A man ought not get drunk and pizzed off on here the same nite
I ralleyed behind him when it happened . Then, I was able to read some of his comments . Like GHP said IF he had talked to My sister like that there would be a serious azz whoopin :mad:
Oh and I still like Thunder just not his common sense :eek:

Octavian
8/8/2006, 11:21 PM

words to live by.

Octavian
8/8/2006, 11:22 PM
especially w/ the midterms comin up ;)

olevetonahill
8/8/2006, 11:46 PM
words to live by.
I get drunky nitely . I just dont get pizzed off :D

Octavian
8/8/2006, 11:53 PM
yeah, I should've put the "and pizzed off" in bold :texan:

olevetonahill
8/9/2006, 12:01 AM
yeah, I should've put the "and pizzed off" in bold :texan:
Why ? are you a :twinkies: :texan:

Soonerus
8/9/2006, 12:12 AM
Here is my official position, I think Thunder was a good member of the board, he made some mistakes, I am a forgiving person and because of his positive contribitions to this board I would allow him back on....

Geekboy
8/9/2006, 11:31 AM
:
Boy, I've done that a couple of hundred times here.

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 11:35 AM
Boy, I've done that a couple of hundred times here.
i'll have to keep that in mind and stay off of here at night;)

sooneron
8/9/2006, 11:47 AM
Here is my official position, I think Thunder was a good member of the board, he made some mistakes, I am a forgiving person and because of his positive contribitions to this board I would allow him back on....
Dude, wait til the clique hears about this!:pop:

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 01:54 PM
Dude, wait til the clique hears about this!:pop:
it was nice knowing you, soonerus:D jp