PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass Skanks Update.

LoyalFan
8/8/2006, 05:52 PM
Maybe they'll make 'em honorary Canucks.
Good riddance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5255670.stm

LF

Blue
8/8/2006, 06:02 PM
Natalie Maynes is a hottie.

And don't give me that ****....everyone.

VeeJay
8/8/2006, 06:09 PM
Hottie?

To each his own.

I think they're incredibly boorish.

stoopified
8/8/2006, 06:11 PM

Hell I'd do all three of them but I'd pi$$ on them when I was done.

LoyalFan
8/8/2006, 06:14 PM

Good God, man, get thee to an optometrist!
Why, even with make-up on, the bitch looks like a frog staring through a block of ice.

Yer friend and admirer,

LF

Blue
8/8/2006, 06:17 PM
She looks like another one of my favorite performers...

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060127/173139__maines_l.jpg

and..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/iceman86/Babes/Sunrise_Adams.jpg

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/8/2006, 11:21 PM

She sings pretty enough, but presents herself "with errors on page".

SicEmBaylor
8/9/2006, 12:16 AM
I know one of her close relatives pretty well in Texas. He ran for Congress a few years ago, and I worked on his campaign. Great great guy. Anyway, he tells me that the Maines family is decidedly not in her corner on all of this.

They are apparently somewhat embarrassed by her.

Frozen Sooner
8/9/2006, 12:30 AM
Hell I'd do all three of them but I'd pi$$ on them when I was done.

I bet you do that to all the girls, though.

BigRedJed
8/9/2006, 01:04 AM

I agree. Hot. Misguided, but hot.

Hit it.

LoyalFan
8/9/2006, 06:04 AM
Fun factoid:
Nat replaced an older and original member of the trio. The other two (seesters) dumped her in favor of Nat. Poor thing.
Did I say "Poor"...well, shortly thereafter, the lady married a wealthy Texas rancher THEN won a huge Texas Lotto pot. Poor indeed!
Laughing all the way to the bank.

LF

critical_phil
8/9/2006, 06:10 AM
i've always had a thing for the cross-eyed one.

NM is not hot. i wonder if she has any eligibility left. we are mighty thin on the O-Line.

stoopified
8/9/2006, 08:29 AM
I bet you do that to all the girls, though.Not lately Froze,my wife frowns on that stuff. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2006, 08:49 AM
I know one of her close relatives pretty well in Texas. He ran for Congress a few years ago, and I worked on his campaign. Great great guy. Anyway, he tells me that the Maines family is decidedly not in her corner on all of this.

They are apparently somewhat embarrassed by her.

Did you order any gay pron on the campaign account and make it look like someone else ordered it? :D

Tear Down This Wall
8/9/2006, 10:21 AM
They sucked long before they criticized Bush on foreign soil, and they still suck. And, they're all ugly. They remain 1/3 of the Triumvirate of Suck, the other 2/3 being Reba McEntire and Toby Keith.

Actually, it's probably wrong to have Reba in the Triuvirate of Suck because she actually has a shred of talent. I hearby remove Reba from the Triumvirate of Suck and replace her with the Fags of Country Music, Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisley.

I also declare Paisley the Anti-Waylon for this insipid statement:
“When I sit down with a guitar to write a song, or when going into a recording studio, the focus is really on one thing: ‘How will this song work on stage night after night?’ I think about that every time I write something and every time I record a song,” Paisley says.

What a freakin' poseur. Waylon, Cash, et al. wrote about their real rough and tumble lives. Meanwhile, this "country artist" Paisley is worried about ticket sales. Fag.

Taxman71
8/9/2006, 11:46 AM
How can you love Willie, Waylon and Cash but hate Toby? He is the closest thing to those guys living today by basically telling Nashville to kiss his arse and writing his own songs.

And, no, Reba has never been confused with suck. Allison Krauss, Paisley and Big&Rich can fill that bill.

Beef
8/9/2006, 11:47 AM
I love skanks.

Scott D
8/9/2006, 12:03 PM
For the record Blue'd **** a knot in a tree if it appeared to have tits. :D

jdsooner
8/9/2006, 12:12 PM
Too bad, I went to their last concert and it was very good.
With the current situation in Iraq, does anyone really believe this war was a good idea? We are pouring money down a rat hole and we are losing this war!
And I noticed the Dixie Chicks album is the number 2 selling country album at the moment, so they aren't hurting too much.

Tear Down This Wall
8/9/2006, 12:28 PM
How can you love Willie, Waylon and Cash but hate Toby? He is the closest thing to those guys living today by basically telling Nashville to kiss his arse and writing his own songs.

And, no, Reba has never been confused with suck. Allison Krauss, Paisley and Big&Rich can fill that bill.

Toby Keith is the biggest country music sell out to come down the pike since the balding Poke from Yukon. I don't care that he went to OU. I don't care that he's pro-Iraq War. He's a permanent member of the Triumvirate of Suck for his crappy, poppy, commercial-driven lyrics.

Mjcpr
8/9/2006, 12:36 PM
Toby Keith is the biggest country music sell out to come down the pike since the balding Poke from Yukon. I don't care that he went to OU. I don't care that he's pro-Iraq War. He's a permanent member of the Triumvirate of Suck for his crappy, poppy, commercial-driven lyrics.
Hey, the Jerk Store called......they're running out of YOU!

Tear Down This Wall
8/9/2006, 12:40 PM
Hey, the Jerk Store called......they're running out of YOU!

I'll gladly refill the order - but not by hawking Ford trucks with a crappy, poppy, commercial-driven tune like Triumvirate of Suck member Toby Keith. Like Waylon Jennings, my as*s. I can't fathom Waylon ever prancing around like a queer in some TV commercial. Shameful.

Mjcpr
8/9/2006, 12:46 PM
I'll gladly refill the order - but not by hawking Ford trucks with a crappy, poppy, commercial-driven tune like Triumvirate of Suck member Toby Keith. Like Waylon Jennings, my as*s. I can't fathom Waylon ever prancing around like a queer in some TV commercial. Shameful.

Makin' their waaaaay,
The only way they know how,
That's just a little bit more than the law will allow.

Tear Down This Wall
8/9/2006, 12:51 PM
That's not a commercial, dope. And Waylon wasn't prancing around like a homo in it either. And...it was way before music videos sucked the life out of country music by propping up the Triumvirate of Suck.

Mjcpr
8/9/2006, 12:58 PM
That's not a commercial, dope. And Waylon wasn't prancing around like a homo in it either. And...it was way before music videos sucked the life out of country music by propping up the Triumvirate of Suck.

I know, he did it only because of his interest in furthering the betterment of country music.

Triumph
8/9/2006, 01:32 PM

I'm sorry, but you lost all credibility lumping the angel that is Allison Krauss in wit those three *** clowns.

Taxman71
8/9/2006, 01:37 PM
I can appreciate her infinite talent, but her voice just grates of my ears like a chainsaw. Probably due to her bastardizing Keith Whitley's When You Say Nothing At All.

Tear Down This Wall
8/9/2006, 02:23 PM
I know, he did it only because of his interest in furthering the betterment of country music.

This was a few years after he released albums "The Outlaws", "This Time", and "Dreaming My Dreams" and "Ol' Waylon." He'd been on the scene going on three decades beofre he did the Dukes of Hazzard theme, which is a far cry from hawking Fords. In 1,000 years Toby Keith couldn't record an album with 1/10th the influence Waylon had with his worst album.

Mjcpr
8/9/2006, 02:27 PM
This was a few years after he released albums "The Outlaws", "This Time", and "Dreaming My Dreams" and "Ol' Waylon." He'd been on the scene going on three decades beofre he did the Dukes of Hazzard theme, which is a far cry from hawking Fords. In 1,000 years Toby Keith couldn't record an album with 1/10th the influence Waylon had with his worst album.

Those Family Guy episdodes were money, though.

1stTimeCaller
8/9/2006, 02:34 PM

sooooo you're saying that Waylon did the Dukes of Hazzard thing in an attampt to get some of that spotlight back on him and/or to get a paycheck?

royalfan5
8/9/2006, 02:36 PM
sooooo you're saying that Waylon did the Dukes of Hazzard thing in an attampt to get some of that spotlight back on him and/or to get a paycheck?
I was under the impression that Waylon did it to fund his coke habit. I'll try and ask Shooter tomorrow after his show.

1stTimeCaller
8/9/2006, 02:47 PM
I was under the impression that Waylon did it to fund his coke habit. I'll try and ask Shooter tomorrow after his show.

you should just buy Shooter some coke in lieu of buying a ticket...

PDXsooner
8/9/2006, 02:52 PM
how un-american of them to speak their mind!!!!!

OUstudent4life
8/9/2006, 02:54 PM
huh...the wife will be angered...the OKC show was one that was canceled, it looks like.

Tear Down This Wall
8/9/2006, 02:56 PM
Are you guys 15 years old? Jennings didn't scrap for cash. He singlehandedly put country music on the map with the anti-Nashville "The Outlaws." When he wrote the song and narrated the series he was already well-established. He didn't have to pretend to be country by hawking Ford trucks and writing cheesy lyrics that could just as easily be recorded by Def Lepperd or Shania Twain.

Waylon is country music, and always will be. The Triumvirate of Suck is 21st Century pop culture, and will be long forgotten years from now while people are still listen to Ol' Waylon. Bet on it.

royalfan5
8/9/2006, 03:05 PM
you should just buy Shooter some coke in lieu of buying a ticket...
It's only a 3 dollar show. Three bucks of coke wouldn't go very far. That and I don't know any coke dealers in Lincoln. I suppose I could make some calls though.

royalfan5
8/9/2006, 03:07 PM
Are you guys 15 years old? Jennings didn't scrap for cash. He singlehandedly put country music on the map with the anti-Nashville "The Outlaws." When he wrote the song and narrated the series he was already well-established. He didn't have to pretend to be country by hawking Ford trucks and writing cheesy lyrics that could just as easily be recorded by Def Lepperd or Shania Twain.

Waylon is country music, and always will be. The Triumvirate of Suck is 21st Century pop culture, and will be long forgotten years from now while people are still listen to Ol' Waylon. Bet on it.
That's not what his biography says.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waylon_Jennings

Bankruptcy usually means scrapping for cash.

Hamhock
8/9/2006, 03:12 PM

SYSTEM MESSAGE: YOU HAVE EXCEEDED THE MAXIMUM ALLOWED USE OF "TRIUMVIRATE" IN ONE THREAD

;)

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 03:17 PM

Hey now, don't go throwin' Def Leppard under the bus . . .

royalfan5
8/9/2006, 03:20 PM
Hey now, don't go throwin' Def Leppard under the bus . . .
Would their drummer lose his other arm if Def Leppard was thrown under a bus?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2006, 03:34 PM

Its fine to speak your mind, but don't go all crying and stuff when people don't play your music or buy tickets to your stupid concert...

Plus, bad form to bitch about the Pres. and the country when out of the country and thinking it wouldn't get press here...

SicEmBaylor
8/9/2006, 04:13 PM
It is classless to bash your country while overseas.
I was in Europe one year back in HS with a tour group from Canada about the time when the Lewinksi thing was at its height. They were joking about it and prodding me to say something, but I refused. As much as I disliked Clinton at the time (I have warmed up to him somewhat), I refused to speak ill of our President to a group of non-Americans on French soil.

8/9/2006, 04:28 PM
. As much as I disliked Clinton at the time (I have warmed up to him somewhat).AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! Lemme get this straight. You think Tom DeLay is crooked, but Bill Clinton isn't?

SicEmBaylor
8/9/2006, 04:47 PM
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! Lemme get this straight. You think Tom DeLay is crooked, but Bill Clinton isn't?

No, I think they're both crooked and corrupt as hell.

PDXsooner
8/9/2006, 04:55 PM
Its fine to speak your mind, but don't go all crying and stuff when people don't play your music or buy tickets to your stupid concert...

Plus, bad form to bitch about the Pres. and the country when out of the country and thinking it wouldn't get press here...

very true. but on the other hand, how un-american is it to protest someone simply because you disagree with their political views? i doubt anyone went to see them because of their political views in the first place. it was probably because they liked their music.

so it's not really their political views that makes people despise them, it's the fact that they went public with them. and with that being said, what if they went public with some political view that they agreed with? they probably wouldn't care so much.

hey, people have the right to protest them, and the dixie chicks knew they were taking a risk when they spoke up. but it's just funny how people choose to excercise their personal protests...

Viking Kitten
8/9/2006, 05:05 PM
very true. but on the other hand, how un-american is it to protest someone simply because you disagree with their political views?

Okay. I'm blonde. Why else would you protest somebody?

PDXsooner
8/9/2006, 05:40 PM
Okay. I'm blonde. Why else would you protest somebody?

1- because you didn't like their music
2- because they murdered someone and got away with it
3- because they killed small animals
4- because they molested children

i don't know, those are a few reasons. you probably could get in the millions before you ran out of energy thinking about it.

is disagreeing with someone's political opinions enough? maybe. but imagine how tough it would be if you found out everyone's actual opinions!!

Viking Kitten
8/9/2006, 06:57 PM
What I meant was.. isn't voicing disagreement the fundamental basis of any protest? And why is it un-American to voice disagreeement?

Dio
8/9/2006, 07:20 PM

So it's OK to disagree, but it's not ok to disagree with somebody's disagreement? :confused:

8/9/2006, 07:27 PM
So it's OK to disagree, but it's not ok to disagree with somebody's disagreement? :confused:It sorta taints your appreciation of someone's talent if you think that person(s) is a fool or dumbass, and is instrumental in whatever minescule way, in possibly getting you killed.

Czar Soonerov
8/9/2006, 07:42 PM
... And why is it un-American to voice disagreeement?

And why do you hate America?

PDXsooner
8/10/2006, 01:14 AM
So it's OK to disagree, but it's not ok to disagree with somebody's disagreement? :confused:

it's ok, just very hypocritical.

8/10/2006, 01:15 AM
And why do you hate America?Them folk don't think there's a war goin' on.

Frozen Sooner
8/10/2006, 01:20 AM
I didn't like their music before.

I don't like their music now.

Their politics play absolutely no role in their alleged talent as musicians.

Tom Cruise is as crazy as a cat with jalapeno mittens on, but I still like most of his movies.

Mel Gibson apparently holds some pretty messed-up views about Judaism, but I still like Lethal Weapon.

If you like pasteurized pablum that masquerades as country, there's no real reason to dislike the Dixie Chicks' music.

Heck, we even had a thread about Wagner a bit ago-that guy had some pretty messed-up views on the world and wasn't shy about talking about them, but he could write a mean Germanic Opera.