PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Peterson

soonerlaw
8/8/2006, 03:41 PM
I did a quick search and didn't see this posted, but has anyone read this article? When something like the RB situation happens, it really open the school up for a lot of scrutiny.

Adrian Peterson's father confirmed to be Edmond dealership employee By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer

NORMAN -- An employee at Jackie Cooper Imports in Edmond confirmed on Saturday that Nelson Peterson, father of Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, is an employee at the car dealership.

Jackie Cooper, an Oklahoma City-area businessman for more than five decades, is listed as an official financial donor to the University of Oklahoma athletic department.

In light of recent events surrounding the dismissal of two players for their relationship with a Norman dealer -- including the use of a car last winter by Peterson -- it's likely the NCAA will include Nelson Peterson's employment at Jackie Cooper BMW in what most figure is an inevitable investigation.

Nelson Peterson was recently released from a federal prison in Texarkana, Texas. He was remanded to a halfway house in Dallas and has moved to a halfway house in Oklahoma City. Nelson Peterson's incarceration means he hasn't seen his son play football live since Adrian's seventh-grade season.

An OU official said Saturday the university knew of Nelson Peterson's employment at Jackie Cooper Imports.

Both the OU official and the employee at the dealer, who requested anonymity, said Peterson's employment was legitimate and would not be found in violation of NCAA rules. The NCAA prohibits family members of student-athletes from receiving extra benefits or preferential treatment.

The employee said Peterson's hire was unusual but not unprecedented for the dealership. For privacy reasons, he declined to identify whether Peterson was employed full- or part-time and what his duties at the dealership are.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/8/2006, 03:45 PM
So now the NCAA is not allowing parents of players to have jobs?

However, it wouldn't be a big deal if he were to live in a 1 million dollar house free of charge. :rolleyes:

Soonermagik
8/8/2006, 03:48 PM
How can the NCAA restrict what a players parent does??? I understand governing a player, but what recourse do they have against a parent.

sooneron
8/8/2006, 03:50 PM
How can the NCAA restrict what a players parent does??? I understand governing a player, but what recourse do they have against a parent.
They don't but they take it out on the player/institution

Widescreen
8/8/2006, 03:51 PM
I realize it's the NCAA we're talking about, but there can't possibly be a rule against this. The closest thing I can think of is if a job was promised in exchange for recruiting advantages on AD. Since AD is now going to be a junior, I think that argument would be pretty hard to make.

Blues1
8/8/2006, 04:00 PM
I thought People *out of work* were suppose to get jobs...??

Probably 30 to 50% of the people in Oklahoma at one time or another gave something to OU -- Or bought tickects to game....Maybe they be happy if the man was homeless...??

Well for ONE thing we are Sure in The News.....Lets have Some More Publicity....
Who wants to think about World War 3 anyway...??

Still R"

Rhino
8/8/2006, 04:04 PM
I can see it now:

Adrian, if you come play football at OU, we promise to secure your father a job at one of our donor's car dealerships, washing cars or something. Now, this is dependent upon him being released from prison while you're still attending our university. And, dependent upon a judge granting special approval for him to relocate in a halfway house in the Oklahoma City area. And, dependent upon him showing up on time and working hard.

Then, and only then, will special privileges be afforded to him in the form of, say, a paycheck for work performed.

That sounds great, coach! Where do I sign?

Twigg99
8/8/2006, 04:07 PM
The fact that this man just got out of a Federal Prison is probably what is throwing up Red Flags on this particular case. I don't know what the man is doing at the dealership, but he could potentially have access to customers private information. Would you want a felon having access to your social security number?

TUSooner
8/8/2006, 04:10 PM
The fact that this man just got out of a Federal Prison is probably what is throwing up Red Flags on this particular case. I don't know what the man is doing at the dealership, but he could potentially have access to customers private information. Would you want a felon having access to your social security number?
What does that have to do with the NCAA?

batonrougesooner
8/8/2006, 04:12 PM
I was shopping at that dealership about a month ago when the salesman pointed him out as being the father of AD. No big deal. He was dressed like a mechanic (blue outfit with his name on the chest), changing a tire.

If boosters were somehow improperly employing parents of players, I doubt it would be in something as glorious as changing tires. It's not like the guy isn't working.

I don't think they've promoted him to general manager and are paying him $200k to sit and watch traffic go by....I hope.:confused:

leavingthezoo
8/8/2006, 04:19 PM
how dare the man get a job. he should be on welfare like everyone else. :rolleyes:

sooner94
8/8/2006, 04:27 PM

Nice attempt at stirring up **** on your first post.

Beat it troll.

ADs_Agent
8/8/2006, 04:30 PM

you missed the baylor message board by 300 miles.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 04:33 PM
you are an idiot. did you sign up for these forums just to say something that stupid? why to start off on the wrong foot. i'm sure that they have him on payroll so he could give adrian a nice little paycheck every once in awhile. give me one good reason why someone in peterson sr.'s situation doesn't have the right to try to get a job and start his life over. no matter where he went to work, people would try to point their finger at it.

HarrisTubbsFan
8/8/2006, 04:34 PM
Outsiders are making a big deal out of this but Edmond is about 45 or so minutes away from Norman. All the guy is doing is getting a job. If he is getting extra benefits or if he's getting paid for a job and not working there like Bomar was then I would get why this means anything but it doesn't.

ADs_Agent
8/8/2006, 04:36 PM
the dude is a mechanic, he checks out trade-ins, he works on cars. If this was a perk I think he'd be sitting behind a desk looking at soonerfans right now.

wishbonesooner
8/8/2006, 04:42 PM
How dare he get a job where he could be close enough to see his famous son play for the first time since he was in elementary school?

ADs_Agent
8/8/2006, 04:44 PM
how dare he indeed. He saw his son play in the 7th grade, that was enough.....................it's hard to be this sarcastic.

Collier11
8/8/2006, 04:48 PM

My girlfriend used to work there part time as an accountants assistant and she never had access to peoples social security numbers, lets use some common sense here idiot!! Most likely he is washing cars, parking cars, or doing mainenance.

Collier11
8/8/2006, 04:51 PM
I find it funny that all of these aggies, short horns, usc fans, and supposed OU fans will try to start something over the most miniscual incident but they fail to mention that osu dismissed like 13 players last year for being idiots, usc has huge issues right now, ohio state has been in tons of trouble, as has tennessee, and texass has people flashing guns at people.

MiccoMacey
8/8/2006, 04:55 PM
I am 100% in the belief of innocent until proven guilty.

But...

It's a valid concern coming on the heels of:

1) His son, while being cleared of all wrong doing, had to have an investigation into a car deal at a local car dealership

2) Two teammates (at least) having been dismissed off the team for iimproperly receiving money at a local car dealership

Not suggesting he's wrong, but it does have an appearance of impropriety. If he keeps the job and this is found to be on the up and up, I'll be as happy as anyone else. But it does look fishy in light of the other things.

It wouldn't be the first time someone gave a family member a perk solely because his son was an athlete at a high profile school.

And if you think this won't get looked into, you're being naive.

Collier11
8/8/2006, 04:58 PM
Sorry micco but you are wrong...this is a completely different dealership in a completely different city that is 45 minutes away. He is working in Edmond cus that is where the half-way house is that he is being kept at. THese halfway houses help you get jobs, I used to work with about 3 people from one when I worked in bricktown. They keep track of all your time cards, when youre at work, and they have people pick you up and drop you off at work. There is absolutely nothing fishy about this.

DeadSolidPerfect
8/8/2006, 05:04 PM
What's the guy doing, working in the finance department?

Widescreen
8/8/2006, 05:06 PM
If this was a perk I think he'd be sitting behind a desk looking at soonerfans right now.
In that case, I'm apparently utilizing my perk right now. Of course, this will probably get AD into trouble even though I'm not related to him.

MiccoMacey
8/8/2006, 05:06 PM
In and of itself, it's not wrong.

On the heels of the events of the past few months, it looks fishy.

I can't re-iterate enough that I believe it's on the up-and-up. He's innocent until proven otherwise.

But it's a bad decision at best to be hired at a car dealership coming on the heels of his son's investigation (albeit cleared) into his dealings with a car dealership.

It's not like this was his only option of employment. There are other jobs in Edmond.

RacerX
8/8/2006, 05:12 PM

A lot of the dealerships in OKC employ felons. I watched one decal my car at Bob Moore.

Gee, I hope his kid(s) never aspire to go to college or play collegiate sports.

:rolleyes:

ADs_Agent
8/8/2006, 05:13 PM
In and of itself, it's not wrong.

On the heels of the events of the past few months, it looks fishy.

I can't re-iterate enough that I believe it's on the up-and-up. He's innocent until proven otherwise.

But it's a bad decision at best to be hired at a car dealership coming on the heels of his son's investigation (albeit cleared) into his dealings with a car dealership.

It's not like this was his only option of employment. There are other jobs in Edmond.

how many work with halfway houses to employ felons?

RacerX
8/8/2006, 05:13 PM
Sorry micco but you are wrong...this is a completely different dealership in a completely different city that is 45 minutes away. He is working in Edmond cus that is where the half-way house is that he is being kept at. THese halfway houses help you get jobs, I used to work with about 3 people from one when I worked in bricktown. They keep track of all your time cards, when youre at work, and they have people pick you up and drop you off at work. There is absolutely nothing fishy about this.

What halfway house in Edmond?

soonerinabilene
8/8/2006, 05:14 PM

EXACTLY!!!! its ridiculous. Im willing to bet that almost everybody that is saying this is fishy has also at one point said something about people needing to find jobs and get off of welfare. The guy has cleaned up his life, STOPPED DEALING DRUGS, and found a job. quit being cynical and have respect for this guy for learning from his mistake and fixing his life.

MiccoMacey
8/8/2006, 05:16 PM

That's a good question. I don't know.

And like I said, he has every right to look for work where ever he wants (at least that's what I intimated...or tried to). And standing alone, this is nothing at all.

I'm just saying you could see it as fishy due to the events of the past few months.

But, he's innocent until proven guilty.

ADs_Agent
8/8/2006, 05:17 PM
That's a good question. I don't know.

And like I said, he has every right to look for work where ever he wants (at least that's what I intimated...or tried to). And standing alone, this is nothing at all.

I'm just saying you could see it as fishy due to the events of the past few months.

But, he's innocent until proven guilty.

all good points, and I agree with you about the timing. He's just trying to get his life back together and enjoy being with his son, if he has to work as a car washer to do it, then I still admire him for doing what it takes to get his stuff straight.

MiccoMacey
8/8/2006, 05:18 PM
Ditto.

StoopTroup
8/8/2006, 05:19 PM
Would you want a felon having access to your social security number?
I'd have no problem with him having your SSN.

Seriously...

He's a mechanic.

Not General Manager.

goingoneight
8/8/2006, 05:29 PM
I do recall reading something about right to work and freedom from discrimination to qualified employees. As in discriminating rage, religion, origin, and criminal record. Read your charts next to the minimum wage poster at your place of employment, aggies (the poster that shows why youir burger-flipper manager pays you less than two gallons of gasoline an hour).

Collier11
8/8/2006, 05:30 PM

It depends on the place of business but many businesses allow people from half-way houses to work for them. LIke I said, we had three and one was a kitchen manager so it all depends on how well they are behaved I am sure

Collier11
8/8/2006, 05:31 PM
What halfway house in Edmond?

I dont know the name of it, sorry

C&CDean
8/8/2006, 05:41 PM
I already deleted a thread on this topic earlier today. It's a non-issue.

MiccoMacey
8/8/2006, 06:42 PM
So it shall be written, so it shall be done...:D

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 07:02 PM
I already deleted a thread on this topic earlier today. It's a non-issue.
it's not like the thread's getting out of control or anything. it's just some friendly discussion, and at least it's not in violation of N :texan: T

AlbqSooner
8/8/2006, 08:35 PM
Nelson Peterson has NOT been released from Federal Prison. He has been transferred to a half-way house. He is still in the custody of the Federales. One requirement for being transferred to a half-way house is that you get and keep a job. He can be sent back to lock up if he fails to keep his job. Jackie Cooper has a long history of working with disadvantaged people. He also has a long history of supporting OU athletics. The two are not necessarily related. As Dean said, this is a non-issue. I say God Bless Nelson Peterson for doing what has been required of him as a consequence of his federal criminal conviction. I also say God Bless Jackie Cooper for employing, not only Nelson Peterson, but a ton of other Oklahomans for many many years.

Collier11
8/8/2006, 08:39 PM
To albqsooner, thanks...thats the point that ive been trying to get across to everyone here but apparently everyone wants to freak out instead...to snrfn4ever, the mods are highly irritable and are a little edgy due to the past week. Dont worry about it, dean is just making sure that no one is on here spreading stupid azz rumors

FaninAma
8/8/2006, 08:42 PM
The NCAA needs their @$$ hauled into court in the worst way. I wondered what happened to all of the ex-KGB agents after the collapse of the Berlin Wall.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/8/2006, 08:45 PM
Kudos to Jackie Cooper for helping him with a job. In the business where I work, I see firsthand the way ex-offenders are treated after they've paid their debt to society. A lot of companies won't give an ex-felon a chance. Plus they are limited as to the places they can live because they have difficulty finding landlords who will rent to an ex felon and if they do, they don't have the $ to pay rent.

So what happens? They often commit another crime. It's a vicious cycle.

OKC-SLC
8/8/2006, 08:53 PM
I think a lot of people would be surprised at how un-secure their social security numbers are--felons or not. On that topic, this whole idea is absolutely the gheigheyest thing i've seen since i met oumartin's dad.

ultimatesooner1
8/8/2006, 09:02 PM
EXACTLY!!!! its ridiculous. Im willing to bet that almost everybody that is saying this is fishy has also at one point said something about people needing to find jobs and get off of welfare. The guy has cleaned up his life, STOPPED DEALING DRUGS, and found a job. quit being cynical and have respect for this guy for learning from his mistake and fixing his life.

he wasn't dealing drugs, he was only helping embezzle the $$ from the drug sales

soonerthanu
8/8/2006, 09:36 PM
NCAA to AD's dad how much do you make
Nelson to NCAA I dont have to tell you $hi*

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 10:18 PM
Nelson Peterson has NOT been released from Federal Prison. He has been transferred to a half-way house. He is still in the custody of the Federales. One requirement for being transferred to a half-way house is that you get and keep a job. He can be sent back to lock up if he fails to keep his job. Jackie Cooper has a long history of working with disadvantaged people. He also has a long history of supporting OU athletics. The two are not necessarily related. As Dean said, this is a non-issue. I say God Bless Nelson Peterson for doing what has been required of him as a consequence of his federal criminal conviction. I also say God Bless Jackie Cooper for employing, not only Nelson Peterson, but a ton of other Oklahomans for many many years.
<applaud>

sooneriniowa
8/8/2006, 11:35 PM
Uh Oh......
Just heard on the news that the NCAA will be investigating Larry Birdine's 2nd Cousin's, Step Brother's, Mother in Law. It seems that she was just hired on at Taco Bell and was seen handing out a free 10 pack of Taco's to a Potential OU Booster.

olevetonahill
8/8/2006, 11:59 PM
AD will take care of Dad next year ! Hopefully the yr after :P
Hes Innocent Now .

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 12:41 AM
Uh Oh......
Just heard on the news that the NCAA will be investigating Larry Birdine's 2nd Cousin's, Step Brother's, Mother in Law. It seems that she was just hired on at Taco Bell and was seen handing out a free 10 pack of Taco's to a Potential OU Booster.
dude, you got that story all wrong. she handed out 10 free packages of hot sauce. :D

47straight
8/9/2006, 02:16 AM
Uh Oh......

Dude, it's even worsae than that. Turns out - she drives a GMC truck. And guess what, wouldn't you know it - this other dude who used to work at the GM plant in OKC/MWC bought an OU hat one time.

OU is TOTALLY screwed.

Jimminy Crimson
8/9/2006, 02:26 AM
It seems that she was just hired on at Taco Bell and was seen handing out a free 10 pack of Taco's to a Potential OU Booster.

Dude, hook me up! I could go for 10 tacos right about now! :pop:

Collier11
8/9/2006, 03:10 AM
oh sh*ttttt, here we go!!!

AlbqSooner
8/9/2006, 06:44 AM
he wasn't dealing drugs, he was only helping embezzle the $$ from the drug sales
Laundering - he was convicted of money laundering, not embezzlement.

You may recall the movie, I think it was Blow, where the drug dealer had a non-descript house that no one lived in. Reason no one lived there is that the bedrooms were stacked floor to ceiling with straps of cash. Problem with having a house like that is three fold. If it burns down you lose all but $200 which is covered by fire insurance; If someone takes the cash and doesn't leave you a receipt, you lose all of it; and, If you take half a mill in $20 bills to the bank, they will file a "Cash Transaction Report" with the feds and those people will come start asking questions that you don't want to answer.
Hence, you get several people like Nelson Peterson to take less than the reporting threshold amount to banks, casinos and the like and get $100 bills which take up less space and can be spent more easily. That is a violation of Federal law. That is the law that Mr. Peterson was convicted of violating.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 08:04 AM
OK, I know Im late on this thread, but I have a question...

This story that was posted in this thread, is it the same situation on what the OU beat writer talked about on Cold Pizza yesterday? Sounds like it is. Im asking you guys b/c obviously you'll know alot more about this than I will... I am a Tennessee fan and live in Tennessee, so I only hear what the media tells me... Thanks...

Edit: Sorry, Im talking about the Peterson story driving the car from Big Red Sports !?!?!! Or are we hearing that wrong?

TheHumanAlphabet
8/9/2006, 08:41 AM

We don't know what he does, but unless he is in sales or handles financing, I see no reason he would come into contact with that type of information, if the dealership has any data integrity program going...

Blues1
8/9/2006, 09:05 AM
We don't know what he does, but unless he is in sales or handles financing, I see no reason he would come into contact with that type of information, if the dealership has any data integrity program going...

It's OK by me --- I need someone to Steal my idenity to improve my Credit Rating....!!! - :)

R'

GDC
8/9/2006, 09:42 AM
I did a quick search and didn't see this posted, but has anyone read this article? When something like the RB situation happens, it really open the school up for a lot of scrutiny.

Adrian Peterson's father confirmed to be Edmond dealership employee By JOHN E. HOOVER World Sports Writer

NORMAN -- An employee at Jackie Cooper Imports in Edmond confirmed on Saturday that Nelson Peterson, father of Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, is an employee at the car dealership.

Jackie Cooper, an Oklahoma City-area businessman for more than five decades, is listed as an official financial donor to the University of Oklahoma athletic department.

In light of recent events surrounding the dismissal of two players for their relationship with a Norman dealer -- including the use of a car last winter by Peterson -- it's likely the NCAA will include Nelson Peterson's employment at Jackie Cooper BMW in what most figure is an inevitable investigation.

Nelson Peterson was recently released from a federal prison in Texarkana, Texas. He was remanded to a halfway house in Dallas and has moved to a halfway house in Oklahoma City. Nelson Peterson's incarceration means he hasn't seen his son play football live since Adrian's seventh-grade season.

An OU official said Saturday the university knew of Nelson Peterson's employment at Jackie Cooper Imports.

Both the OU official and the employee at the dealer, who requested anonymity, said Peterson's employment was legitimate and would not be found in violation of NCAA rules. The NCAA prohibits family members of student-athletes from receiving extra benefits or preferential treatment.

The employee said Peterson's hire was unusual but not unprecedented for the dealership. For privacy reasons, he declined to identify whether Peterson was employed full- or part-time and what his duties at the dealership are.

I saw that the day it came out, my judgement was why bother posting it, I think you should have considered that as well.

GDC
8/9/2006, 09:43 AM
OK, I know Im late on this thread, but I have a question...

This story that was posted in this thread, is it the same situation on what the OU beat writer talked about on Cold Pizza yesterday? Sounds like it is. Im asking you guys b/c obviously you'll know alot more about this than I will... I am a Tennessee fan and live in Tennessee, so I only hear what the media tells me... Thanks...

Edit: Sorry, Im talking about the Peterson story driving the car from Big Red Sports !?!?!! Or are we hearing that wrong?

This guy has got to go.

sooneron
8/9/2006, 09:46 AM
The facts are, Oklahoma isn't exactly a huge business state, most businesses are either boosters of OU or osu. That's what happens when there aren't any pro franchises. Businesses like perks, if you want perks, you gotta contribute. Nelson wanted to be closer to AD, and you can't throw a stick at OKC businesses without hitting one that has given $ to the university.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/9/2006, 10:17 AM
I guess he could have gone to work at Eskimo Joe's or something.

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 10:19 AM
This guy has got to go.
tell me about it

picasso
8/9/2006, 10:32 AM
didn't we already sign AD? I thought so.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:41 AM
tell me about it

It sucks to hear the Non- Sooner view of things doesnt it...

Dio
8/9/2006, 10:43 AM
It sucks to hear the Non- Sooner view of things doesnt it...

Yeah, because nobody's heard any of that this last week. :rolleyes:

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:45 AM
Good point... I guess it sucks to have people constantly telling you how screwed you are that you never heard from before...

That wasnt why i came, or my purpose, and still isnt... I hope you guys see that...

caphorns
8/9/2006, 10:48 AM
Uh Oh......

Nope. I heard she wasn't evenly distributing the various ingrediants for each burrito and they were still paying her. ;)

Old school SO reference.

picasso
8/9/2006, 10:48 AM
Good point... I guess it sucks to have people constantly telling you how screwed you are that you never heard from before...

That wasnt why i came, or my purpose, and still isnt... I hope you guys see that...
how so Clem? we might get a slap on the wrist but we'll still be in better shape than your Rocky Top banjo strummin program.
Tell your coach to eat a salad and read a book. life ain't about fishin, football and NASCAR.

caphorns
8/9/2006, 10:51 AM
Why is it that Vols fans like to butt-sniff around NCAA investigations so much?

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:52 AM
See? I was conceding the guy's point, and you attack me? lol... WOW... I wasnt saying OU was screwed you moron... I was saying it would get old hearing that from people who joined here just to comment on that one subject... JEEZ...

sooneron
8/9/2006, 10:52 AM
See? I was conceding the guy's point, and you attack me? lol... WOW... I wasnt saying OU was screwed you f*cking moron... I was saying it would get old hearing that from people who joined here just to comment on that one subject... JEEZ...
I suggest editing that IMMEDIATELY.

picasso
8/9/2006, 10:54 AM
See? I was conceding the guy's point, and you attack me? lol... WOW... I wasnt saying OU was screwed you f*cking moron... I was saying it would get old hearing that from people who joined here just to comment on that one subject... JEEZ...
no I realized that Clem. I was just pushing your buttons. apparently you have more than just the NASCAR one.

and how was I attacking you personally? unless your name isn't Clem and your football program really doesn't suck.

picasso
8/9/2006, 10:55 AM
what exactly is up on ole rocky top anyway? free beef jerky?

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:56 AM
I edited it, but reluctantly... I could really care less if anyone likes it or not... I dont mind editing it out of respect for the few posters here who have shown sense and maturity, not jumped to conclusions and actually refrained from doing the 1st grade thing of insulting a coach I cant control..

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:58 AM
no I realized that Clem. I was just pushing your buttons. apparently you have more than just the NASCAR one.

and how was I attacking you personally? unless your name isn't Clem and your football program really doesn't suck.

For the Record, I hate Nascar...

My name isnt Clem.

My football program has exactly as many wins as yours does this season...

picasso
8/9/2006, 10:58 AM
I'm sorry man really. that wasn't my intention, I hope you realize that. really, that's not why I came here.

picasso
8/9/2006, 10:59 AM
For the Record, I hate Nascar...

My name isnt Clem.

My football program has exactly as many wins as yours does this season...
really? you're a CFL fan too!

sooneron
8/9/2006, 11:00 AM
I edited it, but reluctantly... I could really care less if anyone likes it or not... I dont mind editing it out of respect for the few posters here who have shown sense and maturity, not jumped to conclusions and actually refrained from doing the 1st grade thing of insulting a coach I cant control..
Actually personal attacks/namecalling are bane able here.

picasso
8/9/2006, 11:03 AM
I didn't start insulting football coaches until 5th grade. Lou Holtz was just too easy.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 11:03 AM
I wouldnt be suprised if that were to happen... Most fan sites allow their fans to call others hillbillies and make discussions personal and then when the others say something back, ban them for their method... Its common, dont worry, if they decide to ban me, the sun will rise in the morning... I was just calling a spade a spade...

picasso
8/9/2006, 11:09 AM
I wouldnt be suprised if that were to happen... Most fan sites allow their fans to call others hillbillies and make discussions personal and then when the others say something back, ban them for their method... Its common, dont worry, if they decide to ban me, the sun will rise in the morning... I was just calling a spade a spade...
well you could be a little more creative than "****ing moron."
mullet wearing pot growing redneck would have been better.

hope you realize I was kidding, personally attacking a bubba from Tennessee that I've never met was not what I was trying to do. really.

let's hold hands and watch CMT.

picasso
8/9/2006, 11:11 AM
hey Tennessee fan, did you hear our starting QB got kicked off the team? I've got his picture for my avvie, he's got a Frank Serpico stache and soul patch though.

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 11:18 AM
Why is it that Vols fans like to butt-sniff around NCAA investigations so much?
it feels like home:D

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 11:20 AM
is it so much to ask to get a mod in here?

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 11:22 AM
well you could be a little more creative than "****ing moron."
mullet wearing pot growing redneck would have been better.

hope you realize I was kidding, personally attacking a bubba from Tennessee that I've never met was not what I was trying to do. really.

let's hold hands and watch CMT.

I thought ******* moron was more creative simply b/c it was based on your comments and not some generalized stereotype...

FYI, I hate country music also.

EDIT: ps: sry for calling you a ******* moron, it was uncalled for...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 11:24 AM
FYI, I hate country music also.
<gasp> blashphemy!!!!:eek:

picasso
8/9/2006, 11:24 AM
my feelings weren't hurt a bit.

I was just joshin ya anyway. you like pork rinds?

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 11:25 AM
is it so much to ask to get a mod in here?

You hate it dont you!!! lol... Its funny!

Whatll be great is when they ban me for calling him a moron, but he can call me "clem", and for all i know, that is slang for f@g or queer or something in Oklahoma... Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 11:26 AM
my feelings weren't hurt a bit.

I was just joshin ya anyway. you like pork rinds?

only spicy ones..

The Maestro
8/9/2006, 11:27 AM
Who else finds the term "halfway house" a bit amusing?

Sounds like something you see in Macomb.

And, hey...it's not like Jackie Cooper gave Maurice Clarett a job!

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 11:28 AM
and for all i know, that is slang for f@g or queer or something in Oklahoma
lemee let you in on a little secret; it's not

Rhino
8/9/2006, 11:28 AM
http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/4564/seizureud6.gif

picasso
8/9/2006, 11:29 AM
You hate it dont you!!! lol... Its funny!

Whatll be great is when they ban me for calling him a moron, but he can call me "clem", and for all i know, that is slang for f@g or queer or something in Oklahoma... Whats good for the goose is good for the gander!
around here Clem is short for Nancy Boy.

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 11:30 AM
around here Clem is short for Nancy Boy.
shhh...we were trying to keep that a secret;)

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 12:09 PM
So see, Im not more guilty of name calling than him... So let it go..

Dio
8/9/2006, 12:32 PM
So see, Im guilty of being a troll... So let it go..

Fixed

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 12:34 PM
Let what go?

The Nelson Peterson thang?

Ok.

Done.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 12:39 PM
Fixed

I dont get why im a troll.. I joined today, after finding out about this site yesterday, and now have 41 posts... I dont think that qualifies as a troll..

PS: I want to take this time to thank the numerous messages of support I've gotten from the OU fans that have sense, can read, and use common sense to know Im just trying to have convo and not start stuff, thank you, i hope to enjoy more...

Dio
8/9/2006, 12:43 PM
PS: I want to take this time to thank the numerous messages of support I've gotten from the OU fans that have sense, can read, and use common sense to know Im just trying to have convo and not start stuff, thank you, i hope to enjoy more...

funny how nobody's saying that out in the open

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 12:45 PM
funny how nobody's saying that out in the open

Doesnt matter, they dont have to... Not all people choose to post everything they think like you and I...

Tear Down This Wall
8/9/2006, 12:48 PM
Alll of you! Put your tiny penises back in your pants and go home! Jerks.

What is all this fighting? You're fighting with Tennessee fans, Ohio State fans, etc. WTF? The enemy is Texas. The enemy is Oklahoma State. The enemy is Miami.

These fly-by-night posters aren't a representative sample of their fan base. Just ignore them. Goodness gracious.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 12:50 PM
You are right, our fan base as a whole isnt half as intelligent as me... Im sure one of you would get the same rude welcome at a UT forum as I have here...

picasso
8/9/2006, 12:52 PM

What is all this fighting? You're fighting with Tennessee fans, Ohio State fans, etc. WTF? The enemy is Texas. The enemy is Oklahoma State. The enemy is Miami.

These fly-by-night posters aren't a representative sample of their fan base. Just ignore them. Goodness gracious.
who's fighting? I simply made an observation that Phil Fulmer looked like he just walked out of Tasty Freeze, complete with spilllt milkshake on his shirt and lettuce in his teeth and tha whole world went crazy!!!!:eek:

caphorns
8/9/2006, 12:57 PM
You are right, our fan base as a whole isnt half as intelligent as me... Im sure one of you would get the same rude welcome at a UT forum as I have here...

go back to hornfans where you came from ;)

Sooner_Bob
8/9/2006, 12:57 PM
Why do you hate Tasty Freeze?

caphorns
8/9/2006, 12:59 PM
by the way, I'm just disappointed my old school SO reference to Burrito arrangements didn't get more play thanks to this distraction.

Octavian
8/9/2006, 01:03 PM
life is full of dissapointment ;)

Dio
8/9/2006, 01:15 PM

"But, I just got out of the pool!"

And like Switzer used to say- there ain't no such thing as a pretty shade of orange.

Collier11
8/9/2006, 02:18 PM

So based on that logic, why dont you either A:change the subject B: Drop it all-together or C: leave already...there is no point in continuing this stupid conversation in the first place, the nelson peterson thing is a non-issue and your guys's little 4th grade argument is annoying

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:23 PM
You are aware this argument has been over a couple of hours now, and you are the only one still thinking about it, right?

sooneron
8/9/2006, 02:27 PM
I'm really surprised that our resident tigah and bammer fans haven't been all over this guy.

caphorns
8/9/2006, 02:28 PM
You are aware this argument has been over a couple of hours now, and you are the only one still thinking about it, right?

It ain't over until the fat coach sings.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:31 PM
Is Ralph Friedgen dropping by?

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:31 PM
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4859/makeitstopsg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OKC-SLC
8/9/2006, 03:35 PM
my god.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2006, 03:43 PM
Well if he is really being a mechanic, then he probably had prior education in this area which means they would place him in a place where he can use his skill set.

Collier11
8/9/2006, 03:55 PM
It's still annoying me therefore its not over!!! ;)

caphorns
8/9/2006, 04:51 PM
So why do they call him AD?

Collier11
8/9/2006, 04:55 PM
oh lord, you went there

Dio
8/10/2006, 10:41 AM

Wishing you could take this one back, TFDD? :D