I didn't see this posted.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStory.asp?ID=060808_Sp_b1_Stoop17747_0

pgagolfpro77
8/8/2006, 01:39 PM
100% conjecture.....

"Hearsay and conjecture.....those are kinds of evidence" The Simpsons

Octavian
8/8/2006, 01:40 PM
Sitler: I don't know for sure and I haven't heard anything at all on the subject, but I need an article for Tuesday and this is my speculation.

I like my job.

leavingthezoo
8/8/2006, 01:42 PM
well that was a boring read.

oh no. the author has had a change in conviction. who cares? he's not stoops.

:D

King Crimson
8/8/2006, 01:42 PM
"So what college coach wouldn't be interested in the NFL if his reputation faces ruin by a bunch of slime balls? NFL teams are going to come after Stoops again."

so, NFL coaches don't ever have headachesfrom/job security threatened by "me-first" types?

great point, Dave. :rolleyes:

jwlynn64
8/8/2006, 01:45 PM
I don't see how this stains Stoops.

How is this worse than what Texas faced last years with the players busted for transporting pot or USC and Ohio State for all the scandals racking those schools?

In these examples, the programs protected the players. In Stoops case, he cut the players and did not defend them.

I think this makes Stoops look better and not worse.

This is a simple case of a reporter writing a story so that when Stoops does decide to leave, he will pull out this story and say "See, I told you so!"

John

The Consumate Showman
8/8/2006, 01:46 PM
I'm not even going to bother clicking on the link to that piece of CRAP newspaper. All I can say is that the TW is a J-O-K-E! (at least this guy)

Scott D
8/8/2006, 01:46 PM
Sittler hasn't disappointed me, I expect mindless drivel from him and he delivers.

JohnnyMack
8/8/2006, 01:48 PM
JJ will offer the Cowboys job to Stoops upon the Tuna's retirement.

TheGodfather889
8/8/2006, 01:51 PM
This guy makes it sound like the NFL is some glamorous place to be a head coach and college is frustrating. Hmm, Bob could either stay at OU and make NFL money and win. Or he could go to the NFL maybe get fired after two year. It's Bob's choice,be an icon at Oklahoma or potentially fail in the NFL.

JohnnyMack
8/8/2006, 01:52 PM
and betray Sooner Nation.

What?

goingoneight
8/8/2006, 01:56 PM
Don't start that making Stoops the enemy sh!t. He's done nothing wrong and he's already gonna hear about this Bomar sh!t for at least the entirity of the 2006 season, so he needs fan support. Don't even hint this crap.

Blues1
8/8/2006, 02:12 PM
Any Poster here could have written this article -- We all know the hassle's of being a College Coach...

I have reason's to believe Coach Stoops wants 3 NC's before leaving to at least tie Bud's record before he bolt's - Plus IF he stays untill he retires he can get fairly close at Bobby B. and Joe pa's record or at least come in the "top ten" as a all time winning College Coach....IF you want to leave behind a Legacy in Football -- College Football is the place to do it.....

From what I see and hear -- I believe Coach Stoops wants to leave a Legacy - how many more million's can really make you that more happy...???

Mean while back at the Ranch....Run Like hell PT.......:D

Rockin'

Luthor
8/8/2006, 03:32 PM
If Stoops had designs on leaving he would not have taken the point on this Bomar deal. He would have let the AD take the heat as this was an administartive matter from day one. Stoops faced the TV camera to deflect heat from the program, his program, as quickly as possible. That's not someone looking for the exit sign.

toast
8/8/2006, 03:44 PM
sittler to bill connors = smellsofbourbon to stoops

He just writes crap to get people stirred up. Are other states as such in short supply of decent sports journalists/columnists as Oklahoma?

stoopified
8/8/2006, 06:04 PM
The article is a bonghorn and cowpuke wetdream.

Dio
8/8/2006, 06:06 PM
Speaking of hack fishwrap fiction writers, did anybody see John Rhode call David Swank as "the voice of reason" in the DOK this morning. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or vomit.

SOONER44EVER
8/8/2006, 06:11 PM
JJ will offer the Cowboys job to Stoops upon the Tuna's retirement.
I was thinking that the second Parcells was named head coach.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/8/2006, 11:16 PM
Stoops saw what the NFL did to his good friend and mentor Steve Spurrier. He's not going to fall into that same trap.

DrZaius
8/8/2006, 11:25 PM
I just have one thing to say......

BS

badger
8/8/2006, 11:27 PM
"Hearsay and conjecture.....those are kinds of evidence" The Simpsons

[funny lawyer on Simpsons]"Your honor, I move for dismissal."[/funny lawyer on Simpsons]