PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless talking smack on Jim Rome

The_Red_Patriot
8/8/2006, 12:58 PM
Saying Bob Stoops is running a dirty program.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/8/2006, 01:00 PM
Skip Bayless has dirty underpants

sooneron
8/8/2006, 01:00 PM
He is a ****ing tool. He basically said that Stoops HAD to know what was going on. THEN he says, if he didn't then shame on him.

Saying that BRSI is the biggest auto dealer in Oklahoma shows that he doesn't know what he's talking about.

He alluded to the fact that AB and the idiot were the two biggest recruits two years ago out of (ahem)texas! How could we have gotten them? We must be cheating.

47straight
8/8/2006, 01:09 PM
What did Rome say about that?

sooneron
8/8/2006, 01:13 PM
He's filling in for Rome this week.

royalfan5
8/8/2006, 01:41 PM
The fact that Skip Bayless remains employed never ceases to amaze me. It's too bad he didn't become a chef that does Burger King ads like his brother. At least no one would be paying him for his idiotic opinions then. The man actually make Jay Mariotti look like a rational intelligent sportswriter. He also has no soul.

The Consumate Showman
8/8/2006, 01:47 PM
Skip Bayless = Mike Lup!ca.

flame on people...flame on....

TheGodfather889
8/8/2006, 01:53 PM
He's such a traitor. He calls himself a Sooner fan but he's just another dumbass from espn.

devOUt
8/8/2006, 01:54 PM
This season cannot come soon enough.

msteudem
8/8/2006, 01:56 PM
Anytime I see him on TV I just "skip" the channel.:D

sooner518
8/8/2006, 02:02 PM
Woody Paige owns him every day on First and 10. So sick of this moron.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 02:03 PM
he's not a real sooner, he's just trying to help out with espn's agenda. i love how nobody mentions that, at this point in time, pete carroll is probably running the dirtiest program in the country.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 02:04 PM
yea he does

BigUgly
8/8/2006, 02:15 PM
Anytime I see him on TV I just "skip" the channel.:D

ROCK ME!

fadada1
8/8/2006, 02:18 PM
GANGSTER FOOTBALL!!!

it's da bomb.

DeadSolidPerfect
8/8/2006, 02:21 PM

The fact Woody Paige owns him proves he's and idiot.

royalfan5
8/8/2006, 02:24 PM
I'd go a little further and say the fact that he is on ESPN proves he is an idiot.

GrapevineSooner
8/8/2006, 02:32 PM
Dear Laddy,

Even though you are long gone as the programming director at The Ticket, I thank you every day for your decision to dump this piece of crap from your lineup so long ago.

And what Royal said. ESPN has the market cornered on idiots.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 02:39 PM
anybody here think trev alberts is less of an idiot now that he's not with espn??

TexasLidig8r
8/8/2006, 02:40 PM
Skip, by his own admission, is one of the biggest OU homers around. In his own words, he bleeds OU Crimson.

http://www.adpeterson.com/articles/2005/start_peterson.htm

He hates everything about Texas.

So, he's either very much about schtick and is simply saying things to stir the pot (very likely).. or, he truly believes what he's saying.

Now, I do recall him a few years ago, proclaiming the OU football team as one of the best in college football history.

Seems like the boy can't make up his mind.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 02:41 PM
Skip, by his own admission, is one of the biggest OU homers around. In his own words, he bleeds OU Crimson.

So, he's either very much about schtick and is simply saying things to stir the pot (very likely).. or, he truly believes what he's saying.

Now, I do recall him a few years ago, proclaiming the OU football team as one of the best in college football history.

i think a lot of the idiots on espn just got ****ed because they were calling us the best team in college football history and we never lived up to it.

caphorns
8/8/2006, 02:45 PM
i think a lot of the idiots on espn just got ****ed because they were calling us the best team in college football history and we never lived up to it.

Yet they repeated the same mistake 100 times over the next year. ESPN is a joke, as is Bayless, as is the Jim Rome show in total. Stupid ch!t for stupid people.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 02:51 PM
Yet they repeated the same mistake 100 times over the next year. ESPN is a joke, as is Bayless, as is the Jim Rome show in total. Stupid ch!t for stupid people.
i just wish they would do with usc what they did with ou and fall off the bandwagon like brent rawls falls out of the backs of pickup trucks.

caphorns
8/8/2006, 02:59 PM
i just wish they would do with usc what they did with ou and fall off the bandwagon like brent rawls falls out of the backs of pickup trucks.

ESPN is USC's fat chick late on a Saturday night. They use and abuse this bunch and they keep coming back for more.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 03:03 PM
ESPN is USC's fat chick late on a Saturday night. They use and abuse this bunch and they keep coming back for more.
i heard all of the ESPN anchors got free hook-ups with SUC football players for a night.

Luthor
8/8/2006, 03:39 PM
he's not a real sooner, he's just trying to help out with espn's agenda. i love how nobody mentions that, at this point in time, pete carroll is probably running the dirtiest program in the country.

Yeah, you're probably right but Pete Carroll has a resident ESPN beat writer and the largest media market on the planet. He could be running a hooker service from the team bus and it wouldn't get any farther than the back page of the LA Times. It's just bidness.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah, you're probably right but Pete Carroll has a resident ESPN beat writer and the largest media market on the planet. He could be running a hooker service from the team bus and it wouldn't get any farther than the back page of the LA Times. It's just bidness.
pete carroll deserves to be hanged

crimson&cream
8/8/2006, 07:32 PM
Maybe the show he's on should invite Stoops for a sit in interview and see if Skipa$$ is so bold then.Several OU fans e-amiled himand he must have ignore them all. Goods points were made why Stoops didn't know and the investigation has been going longer than everybody think according to Mossman. That things like that, investigation,just don't happen in a few days.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 07:35 PM
Maybe the show he's on should invite Stoops for a sit in interview and see if Skipa$$ is so bold then.Several OU fans e-amiled himand he must have ignore them all. Goods points were made why Stoops didn't know and the investigation has been going longer than everybody think according to Mossman. That things like that, investigation,just don't happen in a few days.
i sent him an e-mail, but i doubt he actually reads those. i wish i could fight with him face-to-face. he's such an idiot

SOONER44EVER
8/8/2006, 09:53 PM
Why does it seem that the weasley bookwormy type of sports reporters are the ones always trashing everyone? Is it some sort of inferiority complex?

Ash
8/8/2006, 10:13 PM
Jim Rome = unabashed admitted SoCal homer, always has been...always will be...

Skip Bayless = SoCal homer who says whatever it takes on ESPN to try and be "edgy."

Rome and Bayless have been buddies for years and back when Rome was on just four affiliates on the radio (Nebraska was one of them) he used to (and still does, but to less of an extent because of bigger national audience) always homer for SoCal (or West Coast in general) for any and all sports.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 10:16 PM
Why does it seem that the weasley bookwormy type of sports reporters are the ones always trashing everyone? Is it some sort of inferiority complex?
i think so. it's kinda like how the bcs is just the nerd's revenge on all of the jocks.

SCOUT
8/8/2006, 11:02 PM
Skip Bayless is the loser who had a campaign to try and prove that Troy Aikman was gay. I only mention that because it is an example of where he was willing to throw someone under the bus to get his name recognized. He is an idiot and should be removed from any position where he has access to the public.

I think his Aikman allegation was wishful thinking by the way

bigdsooner
8/8/2006, 11:12 PM
baylesss reminds me of nickzepp...only worse

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 11:29 PM
I think his Aikman allegation was wishful thinking by the way
he wanted to feel like he was in good company:D

TheGodfather889
8/9/2006, 02:17 AM
You've just given me another reason to hate the Trojans. That's not fair that they have that privilege.

Big Red Ron
8/9/2006, 02:26 AM

Seems like the boy can't make up his mind.It's like saying you're Jewish so you can tell Jew jokes at a party.:rolleyes:

Sooner in Tampa
8/9/2006, 06:41 AM
baylesss reminds me of nickzepp...only worseYeah...somebody actually put that ****$ucker on t.v.

This should not even be a topic of discussion...anything that Skips says is just plain moronic!!! We shouldn't give him the time of day.

william_brasky
8/9/2006, 08:30 AM
I always "skip" programs involving the aforementioned individual.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 08:38 AM
Not that I agree with Bayless, but guys, you just had your starting QB kicked off the team... Peterson's eligibility has been suspect from day 1... And now, if the rumors are true, he will be right behind Bomar and the guard, I think he has a right to at least imply that something is rotten in Denmark... I dont think a couple bad apples make a "dirty" program, and certainly OU isnt doing it on purpose, but lets not act like nothing has happened and he is just coming out of nowhere with this...

ADs_Agent
8/9/2006, 08:47 AM
hey this is the soonerfans board, it we want to believe that Bob Stoops and AD reign supreme, can do no wrong, and will lead us to another of a million championships to come, that is our God given right as Sooner supporters.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 08:50 AM
Sure it is, not trying to deprive you of that... But Bayless didnt make his comments on a Soonerfan show did he? So you cant expect him to live by the same creed... GL, id hate to see OU go down, trust me, we have scheduled games with OU and it would suck for you guys to be down b/c of NCAA punishment... I want you guys at your best...

stoopified
8/9/2006, 08:50 AM
Woody Paige owns him every day on First and 10. So sick of this moron.The day after Bonehead and the Mighty Quinn were booted Paige and Bayless were having a lovefest bashing Stoops and OUr Sooners.I wanted to grab that skinny f#g(not that there is anything wrong with being gay)And jam him down Woodys' throat.

ADs_Agent
8/9/2006, 08:53 AM
those that can't play coach, those that can't coach sit in the stands half naked screaming obscenities, and those who can't do that become sports writers.

Spray
8/9/2006, 09:15 AM
Not that I agree with Bayless, but guys, you just had your starting QB kicked off the team... Peterson's eligibility has been suspect from day 1... And now, if the rumors are true, he will be right behind Bomar and the guard, I think he has a right to at least imply that something is rotten in Denmark... I dont think a couple bad apples make a "dirty" program, and certainly OU isnt doing it on purpose, but lets not act like nothing has happened and he is just coming out of nowhere with this...

As a UT fan I thought for certain you'd have a higher tolerance for the number of bad apples it takes to question the direction of a program.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:22 AM
Its not b/c Im a UT fan, its b/c im a person with common sense... These are kids, young men, at the most volitile age of their life... Some are going to get into trouble... We have had our fair share and then some, so I dont begrudge OU kids having issues... Where I will have an issue with OU is if they knowingly let AP play after finding out he was driving aroung in a car furnished by a booster or something... I know it happens everywhere, im not pretending it doesnt, but when you get caught, you have to pay the piper, and I think if the accusations or rumors are true, AP shouldnt be allowed to play, they have to treat him the same as Bomar or anyone else...

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:24 AM
ONE more thing, so you guys know... I HATE Texas, badly, HATE, I cant tell you how bad I HATE Texas, so plz dont take my posts as anti - OU by any means, you guys were my second best hope at embarrassing that overrated piece of sh*t team...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 09:25 AM
Its not b/c Im a UT fan, its b/c im a person with common sense... These are kids, young men, at the most volitile age of their life... Some are going to get into trouble... We have had our fair share and then some, so I dont begrudge OU kids having issues... Where I will have an issue with OU is if they knowingly let AP play after finding out he was driving aroung in a car furnished by a booster or something... I know it happens everywhere, im not pretending it doesnt, but when you get caught, you have to pay the piper, and I think if the accusations or rumors are true, AP shouldnt be allowed to play, they have to treat him the same as Bomar or anyone else...
this is where we can tell you don't know what you're talking about and neither does espn. the matter was investigated and was ruled as a standard business practice that this particular dealership offers to everyone. as for UT, is it a coincidence that prison jumpsuits are orange? i think not

sooneron
8/9/2006, 09:27 AM
Peterson's eligibility has been suspect from day 1...
Day 1? What is this day 1 you speak of?

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:29 AM
Day 1? What is this day 1 you speak of?

I could be mistaken, but didnt he have a very hard time getting in school? If he didnt, then im sorry and retract my statement, would be a mistake on my part...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 09:30 AM
I could be mistaken, but didnt he have a very hard time getting in school? If he didnt, then im sorry and retract my statement, would be a mistake on my part...
yea...i'm not following you here.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:33 AM
this is where we can tell you don't know what you're talking about and neither does espn. the matter was investigated and was ruled as a standard business practice that this particular dealership offers to everyone. as for UT, is it a coincidence that prison jumpsuits are orange? i think not

If you would buy a book called "Hooked on Phonics", they have it on audio tape as well for those who are too challenged to read the manual, and learn to comprehend sentences, you may have not just sh*t out of your mouth..

I never asserted anything about Peterson as though it were fact... I asked in the Nelson Peterson thread for someone to expand on the report, or to clarify the situation... You should note the use of the word "if", when referring to letting AP play and me having a problem... Before you place me in the "dont know what you are talking about" crowd, you may want to learn to read, and understand I wasnt stating that OU or AP was guilty in any way, but stating what my problem would be if the story were valid...

Now, please, dont be ignorant and have a problem with me simply b/c Im not an OU fan, that makes you look like an idiot.

sooneron
8/9/2006, 09:34 AM
It was never brought into question. I believe he qualified after signing in the spring, but it was never an eleventh hour thing.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:36 AM
yea...i'm not following you here.

You are dense arent you?

I thought Peterson had trouble getting in school, meaning that his HS grades werent exactly stellar... This is nothing out of the ordinary for big schools, but I thought it was bad enough that they werent sure he would get in til right before the season his frosh year... I was saying I apologize if i was wrong about it... I dont like to have bad info, and if i had some, im glad its cleared up...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 09:37 AM
If you would buy a book called "Hooked on Phonics", they have it on audio tape as well for those who are too challenged to read the manual, and learn to comprehend sentences, you may have not just sh*t out of your mouth..

I never asserted anything about Peterson as though it were fact... I asked in the Nelson Peterson thread for someone to expand on the report, or to clarify the situation... You should note the use of the word "if", when referring to letting AP play and me having a problem... Before you place me in the "dont know what you are talking about" crowd, you may want to learn to read, and understand I wasnt stating that OU or AP was guilty in any way, but stating what my problem would be if the story were valid...

Now, please, dont be ignorant and have a problem with me simply b/c Im not an OU fan, that makes you look like an idiot.
my bad, i'll sit down and diagram your sentences before i post again, just to make sure i don't miss another preposition. oh, and i don't hate you for disliking OU. the only fanbase that i dislike from the beginning is usually texas. i just hate you because of stupid posts. bottom line, i think everyone on here, including myself is getting a little sick and tired of the peterson situation that has already been investigated and cleared

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:37 AM
It was never brought into question. I believe he qualified after signing in the spring, but it was never an eleventh hour thing.

Thank you for being a grown up and actually clearing it up for me... You should try spreading your maturity to some others in Sooner nation, they could use it.

King Crimson
8/9/2006, 09:38 AM
You are dense arent you?

I thought Peterson had trouble getting in school, meaning that his HS grades werent exactly stellar... This is nothing out of the ordinary for big schools, but I thought it was bad enough that they werent sure he would get in til right before the season his frosh year... I was saying I apologize if i was wrong about it... I dont like to have bad info, and if i had some, im glad its cleared up...

even if true, AD's grades as a high school student have exactly NO logical or causal connection with players being paid by a car dealership since you conflate the two in your original post. nice smear.

you also say "you had your starting QB kicked off the team"....as if some 3rd person entity did it. we did it.

GDC
8/9/2006, 09:38 AM
You are dense arent you?

worst troll this week

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 09:39 AM
even if true, AD's grades as a high school student have exactly NO logical or causal connection with being paid by a car dealership since you conflate the two in your original post. nice smear.
and he said i was ****ting out of my mouth:rolleyes:

sooneron
FWIW, when I was buying a used truck a few years back, the salesperson offered the truck to me so I could drive it around for a while to come to a decision on it. I think he even mentioned a week's time or so. No money down, no promise of financing, and I don't play football for OU. I turned it down, b/c it made me feel like I would be beholden or obligated to the car lot and I didn't like that. Of course, we're talking Nissan here, not Lexus. This was an OKC dealership that is no longer, btw.

GoVols817
my bad, i'll sit down and diagram your sentences before i post again, just to make sure i don't miss another preposition. oh, and i don't hate you for disliking OU. the only fanbase that i dislike from the beginning is usually texas. i just hate you because of stupid posts. bottom line, i think everyone on here, including myself is getting a little sick and tired of the peterson situation that has already been investigated and cleared

Why are my posts stupid? B/c i dont have maroon glasses on? You should open your eyes a little and youll see the rest of the country doesnt know whats been cleared, if they did, they wouldnt have talked about it on Cold Pizza yesterday as if it were an open investigation... Thats why i came here, b/c I knew the people here would know more than anyone nationally or me...

Snrfn4ever08
worst troll this week
i don't know, tummer was pretty bad.

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 09:40 AM
Why are my posts stupid? B/c i dont have maroon glasses on? You should open your eyes a little and youll see the rest of the country doesnt know whats been cleared, if they did, they wouldnt have talked about it on Cold Pizza yesterday as if it were an open investigation... Thats why i came here, b/c I knew the people here would know more than anyone nationally or me...
you should open your eyes a little and you'll see that no one here cares what the rest of the country knows/thinks.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:41 AM
worst troll this week

I can assure you, I'm not a troll, i came here for the first time yesterday, and registered today... The banter here seemed intelligent before a non-OU viewpiont was brought into the conversation.. That seems to have gone to the wayside...

King Crimson
8/9/2006, 09:44 AM
I can assure you, I'm not a troll, i came here for the first time yesterday, and registered today... The banter here seemed intelligent before a non-OU viewpiont was brought into the conversation.. That seems to have gone to the wayside...

don't paint yourself as a victim. we welcome non OU viewpoints and have fans of many schools post here and on other boards at sf.com. what you've said is not factual and you "high horse" like it is.

GDC
8/9/2006, 09:44 AM
Exactly, now go away.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:46 AM
even if true, AD's grades as a high school student have exactly NO logical or causal connection with players being paid by a car dealership since you conflate the two in your original post. nice smear.

you also say "you had your starting QG kicked off the team"....as if some 3rd person entity did it. we did it.

I was referring to Bayless' view and comment on the program as a whole... I wasnt trying to put the two situations together... It certainly wasnt an attempted smear... My program has no room to smear anyone, thats not what im about... I was simply making a point... Not everyone is anti - OU or trying to make OU look bad...

I wasnt trying to imply someone else did anything.. I have commended Stoops and OU on several other boards for taking initiative and doing the right thing, even though its detrimental to the team's performance... It was just the way I worded it, you mistook my meaning..

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:47 AM
don't paint yourself as a victim. we welcome non OU viewpoints and have fans of many schools post here and on other boards at sf.com. what you've said is not factual and you "high horse" like it is.

What have I said that i have asserted as a fact isnt?

Dio
8/9/2006, 09:47 AM
At least our coaches keep their own house in order, instead of ratting out other programs. Which brings me to my next point: Who can eat more Krispy Kremes in an hour- Mad Dog or Phat Phil?

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 09:48 AM
At least our coaches keep their own house in order, instead of ratting out other programs. Which brings me to my next point: Who can eat more Krispy Kremes in an hour- Mad Dog or Phat Phil?

That was educated....

How long did it take you to figure that one out?

Edit: Thats a great example of a story you only know what ESPN tells you... You dont know the whole story, yet you state it as fact... I didnt even do that, i asked for clarification, and im the troll? I should go away? lol... get real...

Dio
8/9/2006, 09:53 AM
You came here spouting half-truths- I'm trying to get you to acknowledge the real truth. Do the Vols run a dirty program? How many players has Phil Fulmer looked the other way on transgressions that brought shame on your program? Didn't Fulmer turn in and testify against 'Bama? And does Phil live a healthy lifestyle that is a good example for his players? Educate me.

Dio
8/9/2006, 09:58 AM
Edit: Thats a great example of a story you only know what ESPN tells you... You dont know the whole story, yet you state it as fact... I didnt even do that, i asked for clarification, and im the troll? I should go away? lol... get real...

Pot, meet kettle.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:00 AM
You came here spouting half-truths- I'm trying to get you to acknowledge the real truth. Do the Vols run a dirty program? How many players has Phil Fulmer looked the other way on transgressions that brought shame on your program? Didn't Fulmer turn in and testify against 'Bama? And does Phil live a healthy lifestyle that is a good example for his players? Educate me.

I didnt spout any half-truths... My issues with the Peterson thing were formed as a question... Ive said that 3 times now...

But hey, to show im a man of integrity...

Do the Vols run a dirty program? No, we dont... We have had a rash of players get in trouble with the law, embarrass the program, and some kicked off the team... We have had 0 NCAA violations that caused us to kick anyone off... We are the most investigated program since 98 and NOTHING can be found against us... Are we perfect? No, but kids getting in trouble with the law dont make you a dirty program... Paying players and providing them cars does...

How many players has Phil Fulmer looked the other way on transgressions that brought shame on your program? What do you call looking the other way? Does he kick every player off the team that gets in trouble? NO, i think he should have been more stern a long time ago... But anyone who gets into trouble sees consequences... That isnt looking the other way...

Didn't Fulmer turn in and testify against 'Bama? Fulmer did testify, along with Spurrier, Nutt, Tuberville, and several other assistants... The reason Fulmer gets the Pub on it is b/c he taped the conversation with a recruit, AT THE NCAA'S REQUEST.

And does Phil live a healthy lifestyle that is a good example for his players? Phil was an OL in school.. He was always a very big-framed man... He has let his weight get away from him at times... I wish he would trim up a little, if nothing else, to set a good example for the players.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:03 AM
Pot, meet kettle.

For the 4th time... I asked about Peterson, I didnt state it as a fact... ASKED... I said that Im sure you guys will know better, thats why i asked... Can you not comprehend that?

King Crimson
8/9/2006, 10:08 AM

the comment about AD seems like a declarative statement and not a question here. "he will be right behind Bomar..." is not a query.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:11 AM
the comment about AD seems like a declarative statement and not a question here. "he will be right behind Bomar..." is not a query.

You are right, sorry, I shouldnt have formed my post that way... I regress, thank you for clarifying what statement you were talking about.. You were right, I was wrong... I wasnt trying to besmerch anyone intentionally... Like ive posted since then, i couldve been easily mistaken, by the way, are you still immediately condemned to hell for that?

Dio
8/9/2006, 10:18 AM
For the 4th time... I asked about Peterson, I didnt state it as a fact... ASKED... I said that Im sure you guys will know better, thats why i asked... Can you not comprehend that?

Are you so simple as to not get that asking a particular question sometimes implies a certain answer? Lawyers do that all the time. You say you hate texass, but we never saw you any of the (many) times we stomped the whorns, the only time you bother to show up over here is to pile on when we have one instance of a player going bad. One instance, might I add, that was investigated and dealt with by the OU Athletic Department- not any media outlet, not any police department or District Attorney, and most definitely not the NCAA. We found the problem with AD's car (I know several people- not football players- who were allowed to drive a car for a while to see if they liked it) and we fixed it. We found out Bomar and Quinn were on the take, and we fixed it. It's very simple, but you, Skip Bayless, and the shortwhorn nation can't or won't wrap your little brains around it.

picasso
8/9/2006, 10:19 AM

he's just trying to raise the ratings is all.
I doubt he believes most of what he says. those blowhards are all the same and I've grown bored with them.

Dio
8/9/2006, 10:20 AM
i couldve been easily mistaken, by the way, are you still immediately condemned to hell for that?

When your only purpose is to come here and start ****, YES

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 10:21 AM
he needs to learn how to coexist with the OU fans on here. maybe sic 'em could give this n00b some pointers. where are you sic 'em?

King Crimson
8/9/2006, 10:21 AM
Vol fan, if you want to be a part of this board, fine. welcome aboard. but as you've admitted to being wrong to me personally *twice* so far....understand why other posters are responding to you in the way they are....because they see the same things i do. that you come over here posting a bunch of stuff that is not factual and coming across like Mr. Ethics. and the last thing we need is an ethics lesson from a Tennessee fan.

King Crimson
8/9/2006, 10:23 AM
he's just trying to raise the ratings is all.
I doubt he believes most of what he says. those blowhards are all the same and I've grown bored with them.

skip is a catamite.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:24 AM
When your only purpose is to come here and start ****, YES

That wasnt my purpose at all...

Your statement about noone coming here til something goes wrong, while accurate, is the truth for everywhere... I came for information, for the POV of OU fans... You guys have long been a strong point in my "Texas is overrated" argument... I have no disdain for Oklahoma, their fans, or anything OU, I wrote in an earlier post that Im sure OU isnt purposely letting people violate rules... You just dont read that part...

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:29 AM
Vol fan, if you want to be a part of this board, fine. welcome aboard. but as you've admitted to being wrong to me personally *twice* so far....understand why other posters are responding to you in the way they are....because they see the same things i do. that you come over here posting a bunch of stuff that is not factual and coming across like Mr. Ethics. and the last thing we need is an ethics lesson from a Tennessee fan.

I stated the eiligibility comment too "matter of fact"... I admitted that.. What else have I been "wrong" about? My very first post was asking for clarification on the situation with AP... It wasnt stating i thought it was true or anything.. I have repeatedly said I had no bad opinion of OU, but noone reads it... Quite frankly, after seeing the reaction you get just b/c you have a different opinion than an OU fan, I could care less whether you guys "like" me or not... I have no problem ever admitting im wrong... You guys need to stop acting like women.. Just b/c someone talks about a subject, doesnt mean that they are attacking your school... You dont see me calling your coach names do you? Making ignorant posts about Bomar or something? No, grow up for crying out loud.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 10:31 AM
Where the hell did you get the coming across as Mr. Ethics? B/c i said i'd have a problem with ANYONE playing an ineligible player? Wouldnt anyone say that? My being a Vol fan means NOTHING in that aspect, out of all our problems, NONE have had to do with being eligible... Man, you guys pull stuff out of the air better than Florida fans...

picasso
8/9/2006, 10:34 AM
Phil Fulmer looks like a bait stand owner.

there, now I feel better.

achiro
8/9/2006, 10:34 AM
:pop:

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 11:31 AM
Fat Fulmer needs to lay off the fried foods.

TexasLidig8r
8/9/2006, 12:02 PM
Get 'em Vol. Put up a good fight!

Nuke em homeboy.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 12:05 PM
Wow, another non OU fan with negative rep? wow... go figure that one... I dont really have anything to say on this argument at this point, they have nothing more intelligent to say than "fat phil", then I dont think I really need to respond... Their posts are self explanatory...

TexasLidig8r
8/9/2006, 12:07 PM
Wow, another non OU fan with negative rep? wow... go figure that one... ...

HA! I'm the King of NegRep on here.. or is that second place? :D

Actually Vol.. they love me on here.. they just won't admit it.

oh by the way...

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000AMM06K.01-AWO0N2MWZJE56._SCTHUMBZZZ_.jpg

sooneron
8/9/2006, 12:09 PM
Lid lives for negspek. I think he get's a 28% cut from all negspek.

Octavian
8/9/2006, 12:11 PM
Why are my posts stupid? B/c i dont have maroon glasses on?

I don't think you're stupid, just ignorant of the situation.

Like not knowing our colors.

It's OK, hill aggy....you'll learn.

sooneron
8/9/2006, 12:12 PM
MLPBTL

:D

Octavian
8/9/2006, 12:13 PM
HA! I'm the King of NegRep on here.. or is that second place? :D

what you call "2nd place" is just our way of letting Herr stay on bottom.

where he's comfortable. :D

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 12:18 PM
I don't think you're stupid, just ignorant of the situation.

Like not knowing our colors.

It's OK, hill aggy....you'll learn.

Sorry I dont know OU's exact shade, b/c I really should?!?!

Someone commented i had "stupid" posts... I know im ignorant to the situation, and was self-admittedly so...

soonerboy_odanorth
8/9/2006, 12:31 PM
No, no, Octavian, he is most definitely stupid.

And he has turned this whole thread... "Vile"...

Let me seranade you with a song from my days in Nashville... at a real school...

"Rocky Top, you'll always be, a FAKE school to me... good ol' Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee"...

Now go go play with your Lincoln Logs, river rat.

(Ya see, I have to crack on you while I can... the clock is ticking on my opportunities to say, "Scoreboard, bitch!")

Dynamite! Dynamite! When Vandy starts to fight... :D

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 12:36 PM
This is just funny to me... LMAO... After 22 years, a Vandy fan talks smack... I cant even hate, if it took my best team to beat someone's worst team and it was the only time in 22 years i could claim to have a reason to even have a football program, I'd run my mouth too!!! lol

Texas Golfer
8/9/2006, 12:53 PM

Maybe there is something to the rumors about Tennessee inbreeding. I'll answer your stupid assertions in order.

1. The fact that out starting QB kicked off the team is that his indiscretion was discovered by Stoops and Stoops took action. It doesn't mean that Stoops knew all along or even should have known.

2. Peterson's eligibility has not been suspect from day 1. In fact, I'll go on and say that it is not even now suspect. The fact that you referred to this as a rumor shows that you have no facts. You're just spreading the rumor like an old gossip.

3. Although some things may be rotten in Denmark, things are going okay in Norman. The program may not be where we want it to be but it's going to be okay.

4. Nobody is acting like nothing happened. The fact that we are discussing the issues shows this.

What Bomar and Quinn did was stupid. Nobody disputes this. But to even hint that Stoops knew or even should have known only shows ignorance.

Texas Golfer
8/9/2006, 12:55 PM
GL, id hate to see OU go down, trust me, we have scheduled games with OU and it would suck for you guys to be down b/c of NCAA punishment... I want you guys at your best...

No you don't. At our best, the Vols don't stand a chance.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 01:01 PM
I didnt say that at all... Did you stop reading my post before the part where it said:

"I dont think a couple bad apples make a "dirty" program, and certainly OU isnt doing it on purpose"

I have already admitted my speculation about Peterson was misguided and apologized for the insinuation...

And Im not saying it was being ignored, but that guy commented like Bayless had NO right saying anything, and I was just referencing that...

I have the utmost respect for Stoops, he is a great coach, and ive never said otherwise...

Texas Golfer
8/9/2006, 01:07 PM
Well, GV817 did accomplish highjacking the thread. The discussion went from "Idiot Bayless" to "Idiot Volunteer".

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 01:11 PM
Do you people just refuse to read the positive things I say about your school? I mean really, you cant be this ignorant...

picasso
8/9/2006, 01:13 PM
Do you people just refuse to read the positive things I say about your school? I mean really, you cant be this ignorant...
I'm too distracted by your avvie.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 01:19 PM
Wierd, I cant see it...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 01:34 PM
Wierd, I cant see it...
man, you're starting to get better in the other threads, just go on and ignore this one.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 01:37 PM
man, you're starting to get better in the other threads, just go on and ignore this one.

Ive been the same the whole time, you have all just had a chance to see that Im not trying to start things, and i came across wrong b/c of some bad structuring of statements... Im an objective fan, with nothing against OU at all, i have massive respect for the program, but im sure yall have had alot of ppl come through here just to make trouble, but i assure you, im not one of them... Youll notice i provided a home page link... Thats my Tennessee MB i started up not long ago, i put it in there in case anyone wanted to visit, get news from our neck of the woods... I find other POV interesting, and thought yall would be the same.

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 01:40 PM
Ive been the same the whole time, you have all just had a chance to see that Im not trying to start things, and i came across wrong b/c of some bad structuring of statements... Im an objective fan, with nothing against OU at all, i have massive respect for the program, but im sure yall have had alot of ppl come through here just to make trouble, but i assure you, im not one of them... Youll notice i provided a home page link... Thats my Tennessee MB i started up not long ago, i put it in there in case anyone wanted to visit, get news from our neck of the woods... I find other POV interesting, and thought yall would be the same.
whether you meant to or not, you came across to most people on here as one of those people trying to make truoble, but you're learning pretty quickly how to post and not **** people off. it's something all of us have had to learn at one point or another. no hard feelings.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 01:42 PM
I guess Im just not used to posting to a fan base of ONE certain team other than my own... I talk on some other general forums, but you dont have to be near as careful what you say and how you say it, you wont anger ALOT of ppl, just a couple... So once again, sorry, wasnt ever trying to come across the way I apparently did...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 01:44 PM
I guess Im just not used to posting to a fan base of ONE certain team other than my own... I talk on some other general forums, but you dont have to be near as careful what you say and how you say it, you wont anger ALOT of ppl, just a couple... So once again, sorry, wasnt ever trying to come across the way I apparently did...
no problem. it takes time to learn. if i could take that neg spek back from earlier, i would.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 01:49 PM
Dont sweat it... Im not.. no biggie...

sooneron
8/9/2006, 01:58 PM
room

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 01:58 PM
room
:confused:

sooneron
8/9/2006, 02:03 PM
:confused:
as in get one! :D

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:04 PM
as in get one! :D
dude, that's wrong.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:06 PM
So hold up, we arent cussing each other, we are waving the white flag, so now we gotta be buttbuddies? Y'all are cold man! lol

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:09 PM
<singing>"Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends....":D

TexasLidig8r
8/9/2006, 02:15 PM
Vol.. let me help you out here and post "Lid's Rules for Surviving on the Enemy's Board."

1. Have an EXTREMELY thick skin.

2. Have good B.S. and a sense of humor.

3. Know your football facts and lore and be able to articulate it.

4. You can be assertive, and sometimes confrontational, but respectful.

5. Show up when your team loses and be ready to take abuse.

6. Be gracious in victory.

7. Understand the people on this board are f'in' hillbillies.. oh wait.. you support one of the original f'in' hillbilly schools..so.. the people on this board are sophisticated urbanites! :D

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks, ya know, I never really realized how hillbilly of a school UT was til one day I just looked around myself and realized one life altering fact.

The only thing that makes us any different from a stadium full of Alabama fans is that:

A) We are wearing Orange
B) .................

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2006, 02:21 PM
skip is a catamite.

He injects testosterone and wins the Tour De France?

VolinArizona
8/9/2006, 02:24 PM

Ironic.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2006, 02:25 PM
VolFans.com????

VolinArizona
8/9/2006, 02:27 PM
VolFans.com????

Negative. I've been lurking here for over a year. Oklahoma is the team I root for outside of my obsession for the Vols.

In fact, Oklahoma is the only other team I root for in EVERY GAME they play besides the Vols.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2006, 02:36 PM
It was more of a joke about the influx of Vols fans :P Not just you.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:37 PM
influx? I count 2.

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:38 PM
influx? I count 2.
trust me, there are more

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 02:41 PM
trust me, there are more

Sorry, only seen the 2 of us... Just seemed wierd... My bad...

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:42 PM
Sorry, only seen the 2 of us... Just seemed wierd... My bad...
it's nothing like the influx of whorns and bugeaters, but much greater than the influx of pokes, i would say

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2006, 02:46 PM
To be fair, Boone Pickens bulldozed all of the internet companies of stillwater in order to build special toilets just for athletes...like LIke Olympic Village type ****ters basically. So only 2 people have dial up over there!

Snrfn4ever08
8/9/2006, 02:48 PM
To be fair, Boone Pickens bulldozed all of the internet companies of stillwater in order to build special toilets just for athletes...like LIke Olympic Village type ****ters basically. So only 2 people have dial up over there!
oh, yea. i forgot.:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/9/2006, 02:52 PM
The good news is that they are going to tear down the Dexter Manley Memorial Library and build an Olympic Village style Arby's!!!! OU welcome to being OsU's bitch ;)

Spray
8/9/2006, 02:55 PM
... but kids getting in trouble with the law dont make you a dirty program... Paying players and providing them cars does...

I just wanted to quickly point out that I disagree with you here. Without making any judgements one way or the other about any specific program in the country I will say that both of the characterizations above would be of a "dirty" program. However, that's only a reflection on the program itself if the administration is somehow enabling, endorsing, or otherwise actively ignoring the activities in question.

GoVols817
8/9/2006, 03:29 PM
Ok, whatever... To me, players get in trouble at EVERY school, that doesnt make the program dirty, otherwise, we'd have 116 D1 dirty programs, with the only clean one being Texas, b/c you know, they invented football and running a sparkly program! lol... Anyway, I didnt say boosters providing them cars makes them dirty, i was saying the university, whether by request or just allowing it...

Spray
8/9/2006, 04:01 PM
Which is what I just posted.

I made the additional clarification that a coach or university continually taking little or no action with players breaking the law, especially serious offenses, also characterizes a "dirty" program in my opinion.

SoonerGirl1201
8/9/2006, 04:26 PM
Why was he not talking smack on Jim Tressel or Pete Carroll? I don't see how you can single out Bob when all these other places have the same or worse issues happening?

Didn't Miami's Larry Coker agree to sign a player who killed someone? Yet Bob is running a bad program? Ironically, Bob is the only one who has kicked anyone off - yet he is singled out of these?

Octavian
8/9/2006, 04:30 PM
Why was he not talking smack on Jim Tressel or Pete Carroll? I don't see how you can single out Bob when all these other places have the same or worse issues happening?

Didn't Miami's Larry Coker agree to sign a player who killed someone? Yet Bob is running a bad program? Ironically, Bob is the only one who has kicked anyone off - yet he is singled out of these?

why do you use reason and logic?

some people are just asshats...some people aren't.