PDA

View Full Version : i guess he's never heard of native americans?

rebmus
8/8/2006, 09:12 AM
Nobody can say that they've had more taken away from them than my ancestors...... :eek:

a jackson state student posted this on a MS forum... am i wrong for being floored that he actually believes that crap?

GDC
8/8/2006, 09:28 AM
I'm reading Guns, Germs, and Steel right now. Sometimes it's just survival of the fittest.

Okla-homey
8/8/2006, 09:43 AM
We're all created equal. Some of us just deteriorate quicker than the rest of us.;)

Okla-homey
8/8/2006, 09:48 AM
Nobody can say that they've had more taken away from them than my ancestors...... :eek:

a jackson state student posted this on a MS forum... am i wrong for being floored that he actually believes that crap?

No, b/c all he knows is what he's been told.

I respectfully submit a bit of historical study on the genocide of the Gauls under the sword of Julius Caesar's legions, the American Indian, the fate of Australian aborginal people, the landowner contrived Irish famines, the Jewish diaspora and 20th century Holocaust, Stalin's pograms and Pol Pot for starters.

TUSooner
8/8/2006, 09:53 AM
n/m
I'm about to blow my stack over this whole culture of victimhood and its great harmfulness to society

rebmus
8/8/2006, 10:05 AM

I'm about to blow my stack over this whole culture of victimhood and its great harmfulness to society

bingo.

Okla-homey
8/8/2006, 10:27 AM
n/m

yep. There is not an ethnic group on the planet who hasn't had it inserted and broken off at some point in history.

Personally, and this will probably result in some neggin', but I think the evidence is overwhelming (even given the great suffering of the 17th thru the mid-20th centuries) American blacks are waaaay better off as a group now than they would have been had they remained in the completely dysfunctional states which now comprise equatorial Africa -- and yes, I concede much of the mess in Africa is a legacy of the colonial system.

Hamhock
8/8/2006, 10:29 AM
But, where are my reparations?

:texan:

picasso
8/8/2006, 10:38 AM
don't forget white basketball players who can't jump.

jk the sooner fan
8/8/2006, 10:44 AM
I'm reading Guns, Germs, and Steel right now. Sometimes it's just survival of the fittest.

i have that book, havent started it yet

GDC
8/8/2006, 12:36 PM

Another good one in that vein is 1491.

jeremy885
8/8/2006, 12:57 PM

I'm on page 20 after 2 months. I just can't get the time to read it.

jeremy885
8/8/2006, 01:00 PM

Do you have a link to the thread? It would be interesting to see which way the responses went.

rebmus
8/8/2006, 01:12 PM
Do you have a link to the thread? It would be interesting to see which way the responses went.
http://mb3.scout.com/fhsmsfrm13.showMessageRange?topicID=7.topic&start=141&stop=160

it's a MS board on scout... i dunno if you need a membership to view it.

if you get in... the post i'm talking about is on page 8 of the "ms flag" thread (the link should take you straight there). jungle06 posted the quote.

i will say this about jungle, he's typically a pretty smart poster. i DO think he's way off base with this one.

jeremy885
8/8/2006, 01:36 PM
So the thread is about the right of MS to have this as it's flag :confused:

http://www.its.state.ms.us/et/portal/MSFlags/smmississi.jpg

rebmus
8/8/2006, 01:41 PM
So the thread is about the right of MS to have this as it's flag :confused:

http://www.its.state.ms.us/et/portal/MSFlags/smmississi.jpg
yep.
the bca and naacp are pressuring the ncaa to not allow south carolina, georgia, and MS host regionals because of the state flags.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/15102666.htm

Unless lawmakers remove the Confederate flag from the State House grounds, the road to the College World Series could become longer for Clemson, South Carolina and the state’s other schools.

An NCAA subcommittee is re-examining the flag issue after the head of the Black Coaches Association questioned why Clemson hosted regional and super regional games before advancing to Omaha this past season.

In 2002 the NCAA implemented a two-year moratorium prohibiting schools in South Carolina from hosting any pre-assigned championships. A year later the NCAA extended the ban indefinitely.

Now BCA executive director Floyd Keith wants college athletics’ chief governing body to consider broadening the ban to keep all postseason contests out of the state.

“At least from our viewpoint, there should not be any postseason events awarded,” Keith said Friday during a telephone interview.

Robert Vowels, commissioner of the Southwestern Athletic Conference and chair of the NCAA’s Minority Opportunities and Interests Committee, said an eight-person subcommittee plans a teleconference in the coming months to discuss the issue. The group wants to review the original moratorium and the selection process for championship sites in sports such as baseball and tennis, in which the highest-seeded schools often are chosen as hosts.

“The main thing is understanding the selection process and just seeing what’s what,” Vowels said. “Once we can understand processes, then we can go from there.”

The NCAA maintains the same postseason ban in Mississippi, which incorporates the Confederate flag into its state flag.

rebmus
8/8/2006, 01:42 PM
my two pennies... i really don't give a knat's rat if the flag is changed (a decision made by the state and the people of that state).

punishing schools (that have NO power to change the flag) is wrong, just plain wrong.

SicEmBaylor
8/8/2006, 03:14 PM
Everytime I read these threads my blood pressure goes sky high, my arteries harden up a little, and my lifespan dwindles by a couple of years.

I'm going to end up punching out before I'm 30.

mdklatt
8/8/2006, 03:22 PM
I'm going to end up breaking out before I do my 30.

You're better off just playing it cool and trying to get time off for good behavior.

sanantoniosooner
8/8/2006, 03:28 PM
I treated some people like crap the other day, but they're probably better off because of it now.

Widescreen
8/8/2006, 03:33 PM
I treated some people like crap the other day, but they're probably better off because of it now.
Well yeah. They're going to know not to hang around you anymore. :D

sanantoniosooner
8/8/2006, 03:35 PM
The momentary pain I inflicted on them was but a small price to pay for the incredible lifestyle they've developed since.