PDA

View Full Version : let me tell you...

fadada1
8/8/2006, 07:41 AM
why i SUCK as a golfer.

4LIFE, you'll appreciate this perspective:

scenerio #1: good drive, good approach, missed birdie putt.

scenerio #2: crappy drive, amazing recovery, missed birdie putt.

scenerio #3: good drive, crappy approach, missed up-and-down.

scenerio #4: crappy drive, crappy approach, crappy chip, make 30 footer for par.

scenerio #5: my personal favorite - crappy drive, crappy approach, crappy chip, crappy putt, crappy putt, crappy putt.

scenerio #6: another favorite - hands slip on drive, great recovery, nice chip up, missed putt... bogey.

final result for the day.... crap.

82, 80.

in my defense, never saw the course before. first round - 3 doubles. second round - missed 1 1/2 footer on the 17th hole. bringing in a 79 would've made me feel a little better.

no holes-in-one.

sooneron
8/8/2006, 07:43 AM
Squeak isn't going to like this.

crawfish
8/8/2006, 07:43 AM
Why would mr. hole-in-one appreciate THAT perspective? :rolleyes:

Mjcpr
8/8/2006, 07:52 AM
Did you take 10 or more penalty strokes?

No? Then STFU.

:D

Sooner_Bob
8/8/2006, 08:00 AM
This thread is out of bounds.

OU4LIFE
8/8/2006, 08:06 AM
I feel your pain fad's, My Club Championship is this weekend and I feel like I can't hit the broad side of a barn for some reason.

it's driving me batsh it.

case in point, last night....on the range. I try to mix it up on the range so that i'm not just mindlessly repeating a swing, so I try to work through every club and execute 3 shots with each club, draw it to target it, fade it to target, and then either low or high depending on the club. the results were: *clank* *clank* *clank* *fluff* *clank* *butter* wow, where did THAT come from *clank* *clank* aw eff this....go chip and putt for an hour.

man I hate this game sometimes. Ok, not really, I hate me sometimes and I hate not playing the way that I know I can play. Frustrating as all get out.

I really feel like I have 90% of the shots....but my mental game is holding me back.

I'm basically stuck right now.

I hope it improves before Saturday. I'm going out after work every night and trying to dig it out of the dirt.

Mjcpr
8/8/2006, 08:13 AM
....but my mental game is holding me back.

If I had known you were looking for constructive criticism, I could've told you this a long time ago.

OUinFLA
8/8/2006, 08:32 AM
If you drink while you play golf,
and you imbibe a bit too much, so that you cant hit the ball for ****,
does your foursome have the right to substitute a...............

designated driver?

tbl
8/8/2006, 08:44 AM
why i SUCK as a golfer.

scenerio #4: crappy drive, crappy approach, crappy chip, make 30 footer for par.

final result for the day.... crap.

82, 80.

Okay, I have to call bs that you know what a crappy anything is. To have a crappy drive, a crappy approach, and a crappy chip, yet still 1 put for par is impossible, unless you're playing on a par 9 hole or your definition of crappy is "slightly to the left or 5 yards short of where I wanted it to be".

Here are some proper usages of the term "crappy".
A crappy drive goes into the trees, water, or bounces off a tree into the water. Penalty stroke.
A crappy approach goes about 15 yards since you were 4 inches behind the ball b/c you still can't figure out how to hit consistently with your fairway woods. You do that again after walking 15 yards, then finally get it towards the green. 2 strokes.
A crappy chip either lands on the fringe or goes sailing over the green; it does NOT give you an opportunity for a put. 2-3 more strokes.
A crappy putting game is 3-4 put, then miss a gimme b/c you're trying to prove something to yourself.

Obviously this doesn't happen every time, but these are definitely proper usages of the term crappy.

To complain about a final score of 80 or 82 is ridiculous. Have you ever golfed with the average golfer? The majority of us are floating around 100, so to complain about low 80's is ridiculous. Seriously...

I sir, am a crappy golfer, and nobody here is going to try to redefine crappy to mean "82" so that the rest of us have to create a new and even lower based term. :eddie:

Be thankful that you're as good as you are and try not to complain ever again... unless you're complaining about not getting a hole in one. ;)

sooneron
8/8/2006, 08:47 AM
Okay, I have to call bs that you know what a crappy anything is. To have a crappy drive, a crappy approach, and a crappy chip, yet still 1 put for par is impossible, unless you're playing on a par 9 hole or your definition of crappy is "slightly to the left or 5 yards short of where I wanted it to be".

Here are some proper usages of the term "crappy".
A crappy drive goes into the trees, water, or bounces off a tree into the water. Penalty stroke.
A crappy approach goes about 15 yards since you were 4 inches behind the ball b/c you still can't figure out how to hit consistently with your fairway woods. You do that again after walking 15 yards, then finally get it towards the green. 2 strokes.
A crappy chip either lands on the fringe or goes sailing over the green; it does NOT give you an opportunity for a put. 2-3 more strokes.
A crappy putting game is 3-4 put, then miss a gimme b/c you're trying to prove something to yourself.

Obviously this doesn't happen every time, but these are definitely proper usages of the term crappy.

To complain about a final score of 80 or 82 is ridiculous. Have you ever golfed with the average golfer? The majority of us are floating around 100, so to complain about low 80's is ridiculous. Seriously...

I sir, am a crappy golfer, and nobody here is going to try to redefine crappy to mean "82" so that the rest of us have to create a new and even lower based term. :eddie:

Be thankful that you're as good as you are and try not to complain ever again... unless you're complaining about not getting a hole in one. ;)

du

jour!:pop:

Newbomb Turk
8/8/2006, 11:19 AM
To complain about a final score of 80 or 82 is ridiculous.

that was a good post. However Tiger would probably say he played crappy if he shot 76. crappy is a relative term.

fadada1
8/8/2006, 11:49 AM
that was a good post. However Tiger would probably say he played crappy if he shot 76. crappy is a relative term.
beat me to it. yes, crappy is a relative term. especially when you have the ability to shoot 68 every so often.

this tourney was our pga section assistant's championship. top 3 go to the national tourny in florida. the winner played in the PGA championship (yes, the one major) last year. he shot 66, 66. now i know i'm not going to shoot 66 (unless i stop after 16 holes), but i would've liked (and expected) 2 rounds in the 70s.

i'll play here in a little while and probably shoot 32 on the front 9. that's the way golf is.

OU4LIFE
8/8/2006, 12:01 PM
good luck man.

throw up a smooth little 67.

Mjcpr
8/8/2006, 12:32 PM
good luck man.

throw up a smooth little 67.

You stopped after 16 too?

OU4LIFE
8/8/2006, 12:40 PM
You stopped after 16 too?

wha?

I said "throw" not "I threw", Squeek.

You're getting dangerously close to getting on my list.

Mjcpr
8/8/2006, 12:43 PM
wha?

I said "throw" not "I threw", Squeek.

You're getting dangerously close to getting on my list.

Oh, sorry.......I misunderstood.

Are you feeling better now?

OUDoc
8/8/2006, 12:53 PM
I try to work through every club and execute 3 shots with each club, draw it to target it, fade it to target, and then either low or high depending on the club.
If you even THINK you can attempt this, don't bitch. If mine goes forward and not backwards, bonus!

TopDawg
8/8/2006, 05:11 PM
If you even THINK you can attempt this, don't bitch. If mine goes forward and not backwards, bonus!

Word.

Fadada's definition of a crappy drive: It didn't go where I wanted it to go.
My definition of a crappy drive: It went where I didn't want it to go.

p.s. - for me "crappy" and "normal" are interchangeable.

tbl
8/8/2006, 09:23 PM
True, but if Tiger was saying he played crappy, we'd all know what he meant.

Relative to the vast majority of golfers, we all know that term cannot be applied. This was a post on a messageboard among people that it's very obvious he's trying to scoreboard on. :D

"Awwww.. I suck so bad. I only had 6 Pars, 2 birdies, and nothing over a bogie all day. WHY ME?!?!?" ;)

Seriously dude... take all this as a compliment and realize that you're WAY better than the average golfer. Also, never complain unless you're in the room with a bunch of scratch guys. WE play crappy, and by gosh, you're not going to take that away from us.