PDA

View Full Version : I'm almost considering not wearing my OU stuff for a while.

SOONER44EVER
8/7/2006, 11:09 PM
Today alone, 3 different osu dumbasses came up to me and made stupid remarks about Bomar, the OU program, etc. It used to be fun to argue with them, cut them down and just put them in their proper place. Not so much any more. Maybe I'm just getting old. Thoughts?

BASSooner
8/7/2006, 11:10 PM
keep wearin OU stuff. be a badass

olevetonahill
8/7/2006, 11:13 PM
Just tell the aggies to kiss your OU ***

SOONER44EVER
8/7/2006, 11:14 PM
A guy at Lowe's came up and said, "What happened to your quarterback?" I played dumb and acted as if I had no idea what he was talking about. When he started to explain I just turned and walked away. Yeah, I must be getting old.

picasso
8/7/2006, 11:19 PM
Just say FingerPrentiss Elliott.

or, remind them that they currently have a linebacker with a rape of a minor case pending.

or, remind them that we've beaten them 3 years in a row now. something they've never done in their storied program.

or, remind them that we're still preseason top 10. them? they were there circa '84.

or, ask them if JamesOn Curry can score you some weed.

or, tell them you saw Eddie Sutton at Hooters last night.

SOONER44EVER
8/7/2006, 11:25 PM
Just say FingerPrentiss Elliott.

or, remind them that they currently have a linebacker with a rape of a minor case pending.

or, remind them that we've beaten them 3 years in a row now. something they've never done in their storied program.

or, remind them that we're still preseason top 10. them? they were there circa '84.

or, ask them if JamesOn Curry can score you some weed.

or, tell them you saw Eddie Sutton at Hooters last night.
That all sounds great but it just isn't much fun any more. Good thing I don't act like I did when I was in my early 20s. I'd have been in trouble. :D

picasso
8/7/2006, 11:25 PM
or, tell them that given their offensive production last season, they might want to start having huddles before plays.

or, tell them you're car is low on oil and ask iffin you can borrow a quart or two from their grease monkey football coach.

or, tell them you loved the brickwork done on the new Butt Pickens stadium...

social chairman
8/7/2006, 11:26 PM
You tell them there are only 2 things you have to tell people your entire life...
1. Your last name.
2. Your alma mater.

You never want one to ruin the other. Then, remind them that they have to tell people they went to OSU for as long as they live.

Wear your OU stuff with Pride. We kick these guys off their team. They actively recuit them. A la their rapuist Linebacker from Texarkana.

badger
8/7/2006, 11:27 PM
it's up to you. i personally have seen more people wear ou gear these past few days.

take pride in the fact that these guys aren't on your bench:
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2004/Dec-17-Fri-2004/photos/sports.jpg
we have a few more of these than any other school in the area, too:
http://www.redraiders.com/images/010401/orange_bowl9.jpg

picasso
8/7/2006, 11:28 PM
or, say you mean the quarterback that ripped your team a new ahole last season?

or, tell them Adrian Peterson says hi! he currently has nearly 500 yards rushing on them.

Blue
8/7/2006, 11:28 PM
I also, am no *****. I will wear my OU gear. ;)

SOONER44EVER
8/7/2006, 11:31 PM
I guess you guys are right. Sorry for the temporary lapse.

BOOOOOOOOOMER!!!!

picasso
8/7/2006, 11:33 PM
or, tell them we could play with no qb this season and still win more games than oSthe u.

SOONER44EVER
8/7/2006, 11:36 PM
The osu fans are kinda like gnats. They don't bite or anything, they just hang around annoying people and don't go away until the cooler weather arrives.

soonerinabilene
8/7/2006, 11:47 PM
ask him if his sheep has an opinion on the matter, or if he just takes her everywhere for pleasure purposes.( works even better if his wife is standing next to him)

Snrfn4ever08
8/7/2006, 11:54 PM
i happened to be wearing an ou shirt the day of this event, and i got sick and tired of people asking "what happened?" sad thing is, one of them was one of the head dudes for the city and i work at the city-owned golf course and i didn't feel like losing my job.

SoonerBacker
8/8/2006, 12:23 AM
Be SOONER FAITHFUL!

Just remember that it's a matter of envy for them. They have to TRY to put us down because they'll never be in the superior position we ARE!

How many pukes does it take to change a light bulb?

No one knows. The sheep like it better in the dark!

RedstickSooner
8/8/2006, 12:31 AM
You could always go with, "He cheated. So we gave him the boot."

rainiersooner
8/8/2006, 01:45 AM
Or the ever popular: I hear he might be able to transfer to an NAIA school. You guys interested?

KyleUT
8/8/2006, 03:23 AM
You know, I didn't read the whole thread, but I don't care if the 'Horns were 0-12 in football for the next 20 years, I would still proudly wear my burnt orange as much as I can. It means so much more to me than how the damn football team performs. I think there are quite a few Sooners on this board that would state the same.

Heck, I was branded with the burnt orange steer head on my back this summer...it never leaves me now! Hook_'em!!!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/8/2006, 03:29 AM
Heck, I was branded with the burnt orange queer on my back this summer...it never leaves me now! Hook_'em!!!

ah, and we didn't even get you a present...

musikology
8/8/2006, 03:58 AM
Just remind them about the human probation machine Hart Lee Dykes.

AlbqSooner
8/8/2006, 06:42 AM
Just remind them about the human probation machine Hart Lee Dykes.
Or Dester Manely. I realize that his name is misspelled, but he doesn't.

Jello Biafra
8/8/2006, 06:46 AM
Or Dester Manely. I realize that his name is misspelled, but he doesn't.

and if all this doesn't work, threaten to choke em out. it works for me.....

critical_phil
8/8/2006, 06:49 AM
while many of these are good suggestions, what's wrong with:

**** OFF, HUMPER!!!!11!!!!!

C&CDean
8/8/2006, 08:15 AM
The day I let what some no-account loser from any other school impact how I dress is the day I stick a rusty fork into my eye, up into my brain, and kill myself.

The past two weeks I've been surrounded by Penn St., VT, WV, ND, and Maryland fans in DC. For the most part they've been all "wow, it's too bad what happened to your QB..." and I've been "no it ain't. He's a dumbass and I'm glad Stoops kicked him out. We'll be OK......"

tbl
8/8/2006, 08:21 AM
I actually agree with the whorn on this one...

All you have to say is: "Dude, you like OSU. Conversation over."

CtheB
8/8/2006, 08:22 AM
Just tell them the only thing the events of last week mean to them is instead of going 4-7 they'll go 4-7.

OUinFLA
8/8/2006, 08:42 AM
The day I let what some no-account loser from any other school impact how I dress is the day I stick a rusty fork into my eye, up into my brain, and kill myself.

Does this mean you have hung up your chainsaw?
:D

I am not getting any crap down here, but I am sorta hanging around Criminoles rather than Gaytors this week.

My OU gear stays displayed the same as always...........even during the <gasp> 90's.

MamaMia
8/8/2006, 09:06 AM
We had an osu fan/patient who didnt even have an appointment walk in and up to the office window just to razz me about Bomar. He said "So, I dropped by to see how you think your teams going to do without Bomar" and then he did one of those snicker type laughs. I just said "Why dont you drop by and ask me what I think of my team after we beat your *** in your own cow pasture?"

XingTheRubicon
8/8/2006, 09:32 AM
"Why dont you drop by and ask me what I think of my team after we beat your *** in your own cow pasture?"

How long did the aggie mull that one over?

MamaMia
8/8/2006, 09:45 AM
How long did the aggie mull that one over?
He looked a tad bit shocked and then much to my amazement he admitted that we probably will beat them. Then he started bragging about their new stadium club and asked why "Boren doesn't trust his high dollar donors to have a drink in their own stadium club." He said Sooners cant behave when their drinking, so Boren is smart not to trust them around booze.

Are they really allowing them to have a bar in their new club? Borens spokesperson went on KOCO and said Boren shut ours down when he became aware of the fact that there were bars in the club because having a bar that serves alcohol at a college stadium is against the NCAA rules.

msteudem
8/8/2006, 09:46 AM
I wore my OU polo the day after the news broke. Everyone was asking why I was wearing it after hearing the news and I asked them, "Why are you not wearing your OU stuff?" As far as OSwho fans are concerned, what do they have to look forward to this season, Bobby Reid's new mohawk?

picasso
8/8/2006, 09:51 AM

The past two weeks I've been surrounded by Penn St., VT, WV, ND, and Maryland fans in DC. For the most part they've been all "wow, it's too bad what happened to your QB..." and I've been "no it ain't. He's a dumbass and I'm glad Stoops kicked him out. We'll be OK......"

it's funny but last month my gf and I were in Orlando having dinner at a Japanese steakhouse, you know the kind where Kajamushi cooks at a you table? anyway we find out the couple next to us and their 3 sons are celebrating the youngest one's 21st birthday. the middle son goes to FSU and is all about college football, first thing he askes me is what was up with our qb last season? said he sucked. heh.
now I disagreed but it's kind of sad and funny now.

picasso
8/8/2006, 09:52 AM
You know, I didn't read the whole thread, but I don't care if the 'Horns were 0-12 in football for the next 20 years, I would still proudly wear my burnt orange as much as I can. It means so much more to me than how the damn football team performs. I think there are quite a few Sooners on this board that would state the same.

Heck, I was branded with the burnt orange steer head on my back this summer...it never leaves me now! Hook_'em!!!
you know Kyle, they say the sickest ones never know they're actually ummm sick.:D

IB4OU2
8/8/2006, 09:56 AM
Unfortunately I work in Stoolwater, but I always have my OU gear on.

I laugh at them....How can you not? HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!!!!!!!! bunch of humpers!

jdsooner
8/8/2006, 10:01 AM
I plan to purchase a new OU shirt at Hibbett's today. It celebrates the national championships we have won.

Be PrOUd!

Landthief 1972
8/8/2006, 10:04 AM
Or the ever popular: I hear he might be able to transfer to an NAIA school. You guys interested?

That's a hoot. :D

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 11:06 AM
I just said "Why dont you drop by and ask me what I think of my team after we beat your *** in your own cow pasture?"
that's great stuff, mom:D

OUWxGuesser
8/8/2006, 11:50 AM
I just moved from Norman to North Dakota... I've worn an OU shirt almost every day and have yet to hear one comment. Ahhh such is life in hockey country.

Off topic: When in hell does the espn gameplan schedule come out ? Despite the recent news I am more pumped than ever for the season to start. Boomer Sooner!

OUstud
8/8/2006, 12:03 PM
Ask them to ask Chris Collins if that 12 year old is a screamer.