PDA

View Full Version : espn hot/not!

badger
8/7/2006, 10:43 PM
Baylor. That's right -- the Bears! Baylor hasn't had a winning season since 1995. It's the only school in the Big 12 that hasn't played in the postseason since the league was formed in 1996. In fact, Baylor's last bowl game was in 1994, but coach Guy Morriss has his team headed in the right direction.
For more on the hot (and not) of college football (yes, Baylor is apparently hot), read at the link below.

Linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview06/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2540583)

jccouger
8/8/2006, 12:38 AM
Oklahoma quarterback Rhett Bomar gets booted for working at a dealership that sells Kias, of all cars. There seems to be a nationwide epidemic of stupidity among the NCAA ranks. Arkansas running back Darren McFadden injures his big toe while kicking a guy who tried to steal his car (someone else did fleece it during the fisticuffs). Virginia's Ahmad Brooks and Virginia Tech's Marcus Vick are gone and players from Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, California, Florida State, Miami and Air Force have been suspended or dismissed for other tomfoolery.

they would forget Texas...

okievol
8/8/2006, 01:24 AM
Then theres chokelahoma who can go back to the days of the 90's where they lost almost every game and no 1 cared. Chooooooooooooooklahoma where the bets get lost bettin agaisnt USCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.......LMAO at you guys

BASSooner
8/8/2006, 01:35 AM
stoops is doing a hell of a better job than how fat fulmer is doing...

Octavian
8/8/2006, 01:40 AM
Then theres chokelahoma who can go back to the days of the 90's where they lost almost every game and no 1 cared. Chooooooooooooooklahoma where the bets get lost bettin agaisnt USCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.......LMAO at you guys

you're really 44 years old?

I could maybe give ya a pass if you were 12 but....that's sad.

sooneron
8/8/2006, 07:10 AM
Have you been waiting long to come out with that? You must be proud of yourself, I'm sure your parents are!
Ok, we all know you had the nice little run over that two year span back in the 90's, even though, for one of them you didn't even win your conf.!
Let's see here, what was tenn doing in the 80's? Who knows, we were competing for championships 3 out of 4 years. And we won our SIXTH national title. How many did you guys pick up?
Where was tenn in 70's? We competed or played for the title AT LEAST 3 times. and won TWO. Anything for the mighty volunteers?
I guess I could go on, but you're asshat statement barely warrants it.

william_brasky
8/8/2006, 07:40 AM
tomfoolery is a great word.

KYHonorarySooner
8/8/2006, 09:05 AM

As if you could brag about anything right now Vol? If anyone is doing the laughing it is gonna be sooner fans. You're not gonna be able to field a team by the time the beginning of Sept. rolls around. Fat Phil is gonna have to post bail to fill out the starting 11. When they aren't in the orange county jumpsuits ( just a coincidence that inmates where orange??) and actually make it to the field you are no better off. You're well on your way to making your 2000's our 1980's.

ADs_Agent
8/8/2006, 09:07 AM
didn't the Vols get beat by the Cocks last year? I don't think any team beaten by the Cocks has a right to talk trash.

Plano UT
8/8/2006, 10:25 AM
Coug,

How does Texas fall into that article? A former player (one that was suspended from the team) gets busted with pot and is not allowed BACK ON THE TEAM (since he wasn't on the team at the time) and it gets lumped into the other bonehead players mentioned (that were on their respective teams at the time of their incidents). Nice stretch but it doesn't fly.

ousoonerfan
8/8/2006, 10:47 AM
The funniest part of that ESPN article is that ND is hot at the beginning and not at the end. That just means they are NOT HOT!!!1!:D

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 10:53 AM
just a coincidence that inmates wear orange??
nope, i'm pretty sure it had to be designed that way

Beano's Fourth Chin
8/8/2006, 11:48 AM

You're kind of a weiner.

OUWxGuesser
8/8/2006, 11:56 AM
Am I the only one impressed by his statement? I didn't realize vols knew how to get on the internet!

Chi Gamma Blackness
8/8/2006, 02:26 PM

This guy's mediocre attmpt to insult us totally just made my day. Thanks for the laughs dumb****.

Snrfn4ever08
8/8/2006, 02:40 PM
i never knew how entertaining it is to get smack talked by a vol. like they have so much on us:rolleyes:

CORNholio
8/8/2006, 03:19 PM

One decade of suck and the world never forgets. And did we really suck for the entire decade. Pretty sure OU only "sucked" in the mid 90's we just weren't in the orange bowl the rest of the time. Positive that OU rocks Tennessees *** in pretty much everything but womens volleyball. Ahh Nashville the trailerpark of the music industry.

Dio
8/8/2006, 03:24 PM

Have another (box of) :twinkies: Phil