PDA

View Full Version : Arlington tx hates tittays

Okla-homey
8/7/2006, 10:04 PM
:eek:

Texas School District Bans Cleavage

ARLINGTON, Texas With a new school year about to begin, some female students in one Texas school district may have to rethink their wardrobes.

Teen fashions often leave parents a little disgruntled. Arlington Independent School District parent Frances Henson said, “I'm thinking that our daughters are growing up a little bit too fast these days.”

Arlington School Board members agree with parents and this summer, they adopted an unusual amendment to the student dress code.

The new dress code reads, in part, “The display of cleavage is unacceptable. Low cut blouses, tops, sweaters, etc. with plunging necklines are not allowed."

“It's gotten bad enough that, unfortunately, our young males are looking at more than their English book, their speech book, their science book,” says school board president Sherri Wade. “And it's kind of nice to have something left to the imagination.”

Even some teenagers agree there is a problem. “I think it's good that they're doing it,” said student, Tyler Edwards.

Others students say it makes back-to-school shopping more difficult. “I just have to be more careful with what shirts I buy. Change my style a little,” said student, Maria Lopez.

While most parents support the new rule, some worry that enforcing it could be a challenge. “I think that's going to be a little tricky, because it puts a little bit of a policeman approach to the educators, and they really need to focus more on teaching,” said Tom Pederson, AISD parent.

The school board president says they'll do both… and in time, she says, the no cleavage rule will be no problem.

(© MMVI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Blue
8/7/2006, 10:09 PM
Communist bastards.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/7/2006, 10:10 PM
If it wasn't for cleavage, I wouldn't have ever graduated :(

VeeJay
8/7/2006, 10:13 PM
Why do they hate America?

Okla-homey
8/7/2006, 10:18 PM
They may have a point though. I for one would have paid far more attention to Mr Howell in chemistry class junior year if it hadn't been for this girlio named Rebecca who sat nearby sporting cleavage in which you could conceal a rolled up wall poster of the periodic table of the elements.

SoonerInKCMO
8/7/2006, 10:20 PM
Good on 'em. Teenage girls these days look like a buncha little whores runnin' around with their tits hanging out and their butt floss showin'.

Spray
8/7/2006, 10:21 PM
What's the name of that slutty little doll all the 9 year olds are dressing like these days?

SoonerInKCMO
8/7/2006, 10:22 PM
Bratz?

Or those done already?

:confused:

Blue
8/7/2006, 10:23 PM
Good on 'em. Teenage girls these days look like a buncha little whores runnin' around with their tits hanging out and their butt floss showin'.

But I like the butt-floss.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/7/2006, 10:24 PM

If you are going to say something like this...we are going to need pictures or addresses ;)

Spray
8/7/2006, 10:25 PM
I think that may be it.

Man, those dolls are hot. I hear all the new ones will be celibate for a year.

SoonerInKCMO
8/7/2006, 10:26 PM
If you are going to say something like this...we are going to need pictures or addresses ;)

www.myspace.com (http://www.myspace.com)

:texan:

OUinFLA
8/7/2006, 10:44 PM
I click on every link posted.

I'm..................easy.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
8/7/2006, 11:13 PM
But I like the butt-floss.

Blue
8/7/2006, 11:20 PM

:D

I lobbed that meatball right down the middle.

Wait. That didn't sound right either...

proud gonzo
8/7/2006, 11:53 PM
do most schools not have dress codes like this already? :confused:

Shamrock
8/8/2006, 02:23 AM
Funny, since Arlington seems to have more Booby Bars than anyplace else in the Metroplex.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 05:28 AM
Well you have to have a high school education before you can show them off. In Texas, things are done right!!! Strippers even have to pass the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader exam. Texas doesn't allow second rate.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
8/8/2006, 07:56 AM
Best part about freshman level classes is you sit behind the sorority girls and stare at their thongs during the entire class...not that I have done that or anything...I was told.:rolleyes:

C&CDean
8/8/2006, 08:34 AM
For perspective:

When I was in grade school and Jr. High our dress code was slacks/jeans and a collared shirt, TUCKED IN - with no hair reaching the collar of the shirt for boys, and skirts/dresses for the girls. By the time I reached high school they were letting girls wear jeans (and mini skirts were just making the news too), and the boys wear T-shirts, but they still gangstered you if your hair was too long. After I went in the Army, and came home on leave, I saw chicks up at the high school wearing little shorts with half their *** hanging out, tube tops with no bra, etc.

I personally think we oughta go to the whole Catholic school uniform thingie like some places are. Keep kids from getting shot over their POS rapper jacket and $150 tennies. And it'd relieve the angst of danged near 100% of the student population. More kids are worried about what they're wearing than what their grades are. Pretty sad commentary.

Partial Qualifier
8/8/2006, 08:35 AM
“It's gotten bad enough that, unfortunately, our young males are looking at more than their English book, their speech book, their science book,” says school board president Sherri Wade.

Also in the news: dinosaurs in large part have become extinct :rolleyes:

sooneron
8/8/2006, 08:44 AM
Cleavage or not, I was checking out the chikitas at all times in class! And that was during the preppy days. (nothing to see there!)
What if some girl has really big boobs or she's kind of big? I've seen cleavage in a v neck. That's not exactly suggestive.

Pricetag
8/8/2006, 08:59 AM
Also in the news: dinosaurs in large part have become extinct :rolleyes:
I was thinking the same thing. Nothing will stop the boys from looking.

From about 1986 through 1992, I did plenty of gawking, but I can't really remember girls in school showing cleavage. Girls dress much more provocatively nowadays, so I have no problem with them cracking down, for their sake, not the boys'.

IB4OU2
8/8/2006, 09:06 AM
Halter tops were in when I went to NHS back in the early 70's plus a few other fun styles/activities that helped disrtact a young fella at school. :O

crawfish
8/8/2006, 09:08 AM
There was no sweater thick enough or turtleneck high enough to keep me from gawking in high school. :)

OUDoc
8/8/2006, 09:14 AM
Young girls are dressing like sluts. As a guy, I'm okay with that. As a dad, I like the school's rule.

Fugue
8/8/2006, 11:08 AM
is one of the mods from Arlington?

IafterTL

VeeJay
8/8/2006, 11:17 AM
It seemed like by the time the seventh grade rolled around there was always some gal showing up at school whose knockers had seemingly developed over night.

Every year after the 7th grade, we started scouting the 7th graders to see who had the biggest chest. Without a doubt, every year there were one ot two girls who were a little father along than the rest of the class.

I'm sure that made them a little uncomfortable, but it certainly got them prepared for a lifetime of oogling coming their way.

:pop:

NormanPride
8/8/2006, 11:33 AM
I agree with Dean on this one. I don't know about forcing skirts on girls though, because some just don't like to wear them... You'd also have to look out for comfort as well. Making everyone wear nice clothes all the time can be really uncomfortable...

Pricetag
8/8/2006, 12:12 PM
I remember the administrators at my high school summarized our dress code policy as "If it hangs out, you're out."

BlackShirtBeast
8/8/2006, 12:16 PM
I think they should let the girls wear what they want to wear, its not like they're running around naked. all they're doin is making highschool alot less fun.......ALOT!!!

Mjcpr
8/8/2006, 12:28 PM
I think they should let the girls wear what they want to wear, its not like they're running around naked. all they're doin is making highschool alot less fun.......ALOT!!!

Thanks, Booger. :D

http://www.star.niu.edu/images_daily/120105.1/1201w-booger-courtesy.jpg

Mjcpr
8/8/2006, 12:28 PM
is one of the mods from Arlington?

IafterTL

Pure gold.

tulsaoilerfan
8/8/2006, 05:03 PM
I guess i could volunteer to be the cleavage code enforcer; checking out hooters all day seems rough to me:D

Ike
8/8/2006, 05:54 PM
I have a different perspective on this.....

I think this rule leaves teenagers woefully unprepared for life after high school. these poor boys are going to go off to college or the working world not knowing how to control themselves when they pass a young woman walking down the street, or across campus wearing cleavage highlighting clothing. These kids are going to be blowing gaskets at the mere sight of a well endowed woman in a halter top.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 05:58 PM
These kids are going to be blowing gaskets at the mere sight of a well endowed woman in a halter top.

You mean all guys don't already do that ;)

StoopTroup
8/8/2006, 06:05 PM
School Unis would solve alot.

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/8/2006, 06:10 PM
School uni's would only solve things if the state is going to supply everyone with the SAME EXACT uniform. This also means they have to make sure all girls don't wear makeup or the exact same because a poor girl who can't afford those things...we don't want her to feel different. My question is will the School District next ban boys from walking down the hall with their weiners hanging out. I mean I always assumed that all school dress codes covered whorish clothes?

BeetDigger
8/8/2006, 07:01 PM
There is no sweater thick enough or turtleneck high enough to keep me from gawking at high school chicks. :)

:texan: