PDA

View Full Version : The Tulsa Golden Hurricane has made the bigtime

Okla-homey
8/7/2006, 06:04 PM
No, not the C-USA championship in football, nor the highly sought after former NFL head coach, nor even the Sweet 16 womens basketball appearance.

Today, while being butt-raped for my textbooks for next semester, I observed in the bookstore...Nike TU apparel.

With more coming. Actual "sideline" stuff. shirts, shorts, sweatshirts.

Caps, coaches shirts, outerwear on the way...according to the super-hawt chickie-poo who manages the fanwear department.

TU has arrived. The international mega-corporation and employer of Bangladeshi children has decreed it.

hurricane'bone
8/7/2006, 06:06 PM
That almost made up for the *** raping I took.

Okla-homey
8/7/2006, 06:12 PM
That almost made up for the *** raping I took.

553.00 dollars beyotch for four flippin' courses.:mad: And a lot of them were "used books" to boot.

I think textbook publishers should be held accountable. There should be a Senate inquiry or something.

hurricane'bone
8/7/2006, 06:19 PM
$700 for 5.

I haven't been able to sit down since Friday.

royalfan5
8/7/2006, 06:28 PM
553.00 dollars beyotch for four flippin' courses.:mad: And a lot of them were "used books" to boot.

I think textbook publishers should be held accountable. There should be a Senate inquiry or something.
Why do you hate intellectual property? Text books would likely be cheaper if there were no used ones. A good chunk of the cost of text book is used to make up for authors not getting royalties of used book sales.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/7/2006, 06:42 PM
I got an e-mail today from their sports information department, trumpeting the signing class by their rowing team.
Explain me this: How can TU have a rowing team and not a baseball team?

StoopTroup
8/7/2006, 06:43 PM
There is...

A friend of mine in Florida went back to school after getting out of the Navy.

He thought the same way you did, only...he went a few steps farther...

As an ex-ebayer and Sports Memorabilia Distributor, he started an on-line auction for students text books where for a small fee students could interact with each other and bid on other student's old text books. The small fee went for keeping the website up and the balance went into the Schools Scholarship Fund.

After the Campus Bookstore found out he was doing this and not only at one school...they contacted him with legal paperwork asking him to cease. He went to court and won. America Baby!

After all this he found out the bookstores are owned by some Corporation who make thier dough fleecing students all over the country. I think he has testified in Congress to a committee now. The bookstores started going out and tearing down his flyers around the campuses and the student's continue to put them back up.

This is all grassroots now but I see no reason any other students with a little extra time couldn't start one of these type of operations here in Oklahoma.

I'd do it but I want a % and I'd have to guarantee myself plenty of dough...which wouldn't really make me any better than the Corporation who is fleecing students.

hurricane'bone
8/7/2006, 07:07 PM
I got an e-mail today from their sports information department, trumpeting the signing class by their rowing team.
Explain me this: How can TU have a rowing team and not a baseball team?

Title IX

crawfish
8/7/2006, 07:20 PM
Perhaps TU has arrived because my little brother is now a professor in the IT department. :)

yermom
8/7/2006, 07:38 PM
There is...

A friend of mine in Florida went back to school after getting out of the Navy.

He thought the same way you did, only...he went a few steps farther...

As an ex-ebayer and Sports Memorabilia Distributor, he started an on-line auction for students text books where for a small fee students could interact with each other and bid on other student's old text books. The small fee went for keeping the website up and the balance went into the Schools Scholarship Fund.

After the Campus Bookstore found out he was doing this and not only at one school...they contacted him with legal paperwork asking him to cease. He went to court and won. America Baby!

After all this he found out the bookstores are owned by some Corporation who make thier dough fleecing students all over the country. I think he has testified in Congress to a committee now. The bookstores started going out and tearing down his flyers around the campuses and the student's continue to put them back up.

This is all grassroots now but I see no reason any other students with a little extra time couldn't start one of these type of operations here in Oklahoma.

I'd do it but I want a % and I'd have to guarantee myself plenty of dough...which wouldn't really make me any better than the Corporation who is fleecing students.

this is free at OU ;)

formerly SIN, now The Hub

http://hub.ou.edu/virtual_market/category.php?cat=1759304287&page=1

bri
8/7/2006, 08:04 PM
It's about damn time! We've been a Nike school for, what, two or three years now? I was getting tired of not being able to find Nike 'Cane gear.

Okla-homey
8/7/2006, 09:17 PM
It's about damn time! We've been a Nike school for, what, two or three years now? I was getting tired of not being able to find Nike 'Cane gear.

What's wierd is Her Royal Hawtness told me they'll be getting adidas stuff too cuz the roundballers are clothed by adidas. WUWT?