PDA

View Full Version : Proper ticket selling etiquette question

MamaMia
8/7/2006, 12:46 PM
My sister in law sold a couple of their extra season tickets on line since our Uncle got some extras. At the buyers request, she either emailed or faxed him the proof from the Sooner Club that they own the seats, so he sent half the money to hold the seats. The tickets are in now and he wants her to send the tickets and said that he would sent the rest of the money when he gets the tickets. She wants the money before she gives him the seats. They are at a stand still.

We have never sold any tickets before so we don't know proper selling/buying etiquette. I told her that I would send him his money back and sell them to someone who will pay for the seats up front before she forks them over, or give him one of the two seats until he pays for the other. What do you guys think?

1stTimeCaller
8/7/2006, 12:51 PM
if he has paid half for two seats, mail him one ticket. She should probably meet the guy halfway on the road and exchange the money/tickets in person if that is feasable.

MamaMia
8/7/2006, 12:52 PM
if he has paid half for two seats, mail him one ticket. She should probably meet the guy halfway on the road and exchange the money/tickets in person if that is feasable.Meeting halfway would mean a trip to Kansas. :D

Osce0la
8/7/2006, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't mail the tickets until all money is received.

Boarder
8/7/2006, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't mail the tickets until all the money is recieved.

That is standard operating procedure. If he doesn't like it, go on to the next one. That's just the way it has to be done nowadays.

yermom
8/7/2006, 01:01 PM
I wouldn't mail the tickets until all the money is recieved.

That is standard operating procedure. If he doesn't like it, go on to the next one. That's just the way it has to be done nowadays.

that's how it's usually done on The Bay

GottaHavePride
8/7/2006, 01:03 PM
1. Use paypal for payment - online, secure, and the buyer has a way to take action if the seller mis-represents their item or backs out.

2. Send the tickets with some kind of delivery confirmation so the seller has proof in case the buyer tries to claim the tickets never arrived.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/7/2006, 01:57 PM
I would suggest that you send them in the mail, COD, but the USPS collected the wrong amount and the guy skipped out. The USPS wouldn't cover their mistake. I didn't buy season tickets after that. This was 20 years ago, I'm sure technology has improved.

OU4LIFE
8/7/2006, 02:18 PM
Print this and mail it with his money back:

You want me to what?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

next.

I_SMELL_FEAR
8/7/2006, 02:20 PM
The only solution I see is to send his money back and give them to me as a charitable donation.

Tear Down This Wall
8/7/2006, 03:03 PM
Just have 'em meet up and exchange money and ticket on game day versus UAB. And such.

Osce0la
8/7/2006, 03:05 PM
Just have 'em meet up and exchange money and ticket on game day versus UAB. And such.
best idea yet...

MamaMia
8/7/2006, 06:06 PM
They have another buyer who will pay up front this week for the remaining season ticket if he doesnt. Their seats are on the 47 yard line.

OUHOMER
8/7/2006, 06:22 PM
I would tell him send the money, or move on to the next buyer

StoopTroup
8/7/2006, 06:32 PM
If this is your only Ebay transaction and you aren't protecting your Positive Status on Ebay....

Tell the guy he better get with the program and complete this transaction as you have a serious buyer who can pay "In Full". Then if he doesn't like the terms...tell him your sorry you couldn't comply to his request and that hopefully he will be able to find some tickets from another buyer.

If he had stipulations about the transaction...he should have contacted YOU - THE SELLER about it before bidding.